Halo 2 LE ringing up $49.99 at Wal-Mart

Pure Apathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
129 (100%)
This might be a YMMV, but I just bought 3 copies of Halo 2 (1 reg, 2 LE) from my local Wal-Mart in Southern Illinois and the LE copies rang up for $49.99. I got them for $47.54 after tax with my discount. Not as good as the MTV.com deal...

Funny, before I went to ebgames I asked if they would sell any copies at or around midnight, nope. Looks like you got lucky .

Yep, this has been confirmed. I just picked up my LE copy for $49.99 plus tax. Dunno why this is, but if you're lucky you can easily snag one while everyone else is standing in line at EBGames. There were only 5 other people waiting in line at my Wal-Mart (Lumberton, TX).

[quote name='Maverick CRV']Yep, this has been confirmed. I just picked up my LE copy for $49.99 plus tax. Dunno why this is, but if you're lucky you can easily snag one while everyone else is standing in line at EBGames. There were only 5 other people waiting in line at my Wal-Mart (Lumberton, TX).[/quote]

Haha! That's great! I can't believe all these idiots are waiting in lines of 100+ people when they can just stroll into wal mart and get the game for 5$ less. If your town doesn't have a wal mart I guess it isn't quite as funny. Still I don't understand why anyone would deal with that shit just to get a game like 12 hours or so early? Especially with all the pre-order deals online. Just makes no sense.

I had always planned on going to Wal-Mart since it's the closest to my house. When I called at 5 p.m. the guy told me that it would be on sale at midnight. I figured I'd wait a few hours and when I walked in the store at 9:15 it seemed a little busy and I saw a woman inquire about the game in the Electronics dept. I overheard the clerk tell her something about "up front in Customer Service". The guy on the phone told me it would be on sale in Electronics or at Customer Service at the front of the store. I made my way to Customer Service and met up with the woman I had seen in Electronics. We were 1st and 2nd in line and by the time midnight rolled around there were about 30 other buyers behind us. We were told they had a total of 76 copies at that location. I was pleasantly suprised to see it scan at $49.94 for the LE. :D

[quote name='greyzieoriental']the walmart by my house has no LE only the regular ones and all the other wal marts are all sold out aint that some ish[/quote]

What the hell is an ish?

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Maverick CRV']Yep, this has been confirmed. I just picked up my LE copy for $49.99 plus tax. Dunno why this is, but if you're lucky you can easily snag one while everyone else is standing in line at EBGames. There were only 5 other people waiting in line at my Wal-Mart (Lumberton, TX).[/quote]

Haha! That's great! I can't believe all these idiots are waiting in lines of 100+ people when they can just stroll into wal mart and get the game for 5$ less. If your town doesn't have a wal mart I guess it isn't quite as funny. Still I don't understand why anyone would deal with that shit just to get a game like 12 hours or so early? Especially with all the pre-order deals online. Just makes no sense.[/quote]

town without a Wal-mart? is there such a thing? :wink:

[quote name='seppuku'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Maverick CRV']Yep, this has been confirmed. I just picked up my LE copy for $49.99 plus tax. Dunno why this is, but if you're lucky you can easily snag one while everyone else is standing in line at EBGames. There were only 5 other people waiting in line at my Wal-Mart (Lumberton, TX).[/quote]

Haha! That's great! I can't believe all these idiots are waiting in lines of 100+ people when they can just stroll into wal mart and get the game for 5$ less. If your town doesn't have a wal mart I guess it isn't quite as funny. Still I don't understand why anyone would deal with that shit just to get a game like 12 hours or so early? Especially with all the pre-order deals online. Just makes no sense.[/quote]

town without a Wal-mart? is there such a thing? :wink:[/quote]

It was a better deal for me to get mine from EB because of the trade in deals. Did the 3 for $30 for Halo (3 crappy games) and 5 for $20 + value no exclusions (4 01/02 sports titles and turok). I'm glad I had some worthless games around that weren't excluded. Saving $5 is nice and all, but I saved $55 at EB. Picked it up at about 1am when the line was completely gone. Its nice having an EB literally 1 block away from your house. They were selling non-LE to anyone preorder or not, but LE only to preorders.

Not to sound mean, but there are many cheapass reasons to buy it from EB.

No Wal-Marts within about 15-20 miles, thank god.

your missing out on wal-marts they got the cheapest prices for all kinds of stuff, i'm glad there are 4 walmarts within 7 miles of my house, if one walmart doesnt have it the one of the other will. and some wal marts got sam clubs right next to them, which is like costco but not as good. and they put old people to work to get them off the streets, so people can drive at a normal speed.

bah, all three stores I went to at 4am were sold out of the special edition, however I can confirm they had the empty shelf displayed at $49.94 :)

[quote name='manofpeace20']Thats a hell of a steal. Sadly, most CAGers won't want the game till its 20 dollars with a free game included.[/quote]

you say that like its a bad thing ^^

WalMarts here in Vegas have been hit or miss, I was able to score an LE one over at the one by Nellis Airforce Base and they still had several on hand, if any locals are interested :)

[quote name='seppuku'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Maverick CRV']Yep, this has been confirmed. I just picked up my LE copy for $49.99 plus tax. Dunno why this is, but if you're lucky you can easily snag one while everyone else is standing in line at EBGames. There were only 5 other people waiting in line at my Wal-Mart (Lumberton, TX).[/quote]

town without a Wal-mart? is there such a thing? :wink:[/quote]

New York city has 0 Walmarts.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='greyzieoriental']the walmart by my house has no LE only the regular ones and all the other wal marts are all sold out aint that some ish[/quote]

What the hell is an ish?[/quote]

ish is to the s-word as shaq-fu is to the f-word....

[quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='masha']New York city has 0 Walmarts.[/quote]

:boxing: What's the emoticon for jealousy?[/quote]

Not even close :D Where I'm now, there are like 25 Walmarts. I have no idea how they survive.

damnit to hell. i go on a 30 min drive to my one of the walmarts near me, and they are oos of the CE, so I go to Meijers and they have it, but i think, if i am going to pay 55, might as well get it in my town. well i get back here and all k mart has is the regular edition. sucks working 3rd shift on a mega release like this

[quote name='masha'][quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='masha']New York city has 0 Walmarts.[/quote]

:boxing: What's the emoticon for jealousy?[/quote]

Not even close :D Where I'm now, there are like 25 Walmarts. I have no idea how they survive.[/quote]

Hmm. Alright. People do react to jealousy differently, though. :wink:

myke.
...full of emoticon action today.

I went to my local gamestop with a friend last night and it was only about 10 people in line. mtv sent me a email and my LE edition is coming today via ups. cannot wait for the LE my friend got the regular type.

[quote name='craven_fiend']i am hoping to walk into k mart at 8 and walk out with halo 2 and a 2 liter of mt dew by 8:15[/quote]

I must have mis-read this deal earlier. Wasn't it a FREE 20 oz. Mountain Dew? 2 liter is definitely much better. I myself got a FREE 2L Coke w/ Harry Potter DVD...April 2003.

If you can, get Halo 2 at Target. You get the strategy guide for free and it's VERY THICK! $16.99 value too so even if you don't want it, you can probably sell it for $10 or so

Did anyone else's Wal-Mart have free Halo 2 dogtags at their stores? Not the greatest free promo made, but definately cooler than what I got at EB (nothing!)

[quote name='greyzieoriental'] and they put old people to work to get them off the streets, so people can drive at a normal speed.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='Rig']Did anyone else's Wal-Mart have free Halo 2 dogtags at their stores? Not the greatest free promo made, but definately cooler than what I got at EB (nothing!)[/quote]

:shock: :shock:

That is a very cool promo, much better than the cheap watch that Circuit City was offering. Very fitting, too.

How cheapass am I? I traded in 4 crappy games to get Halo 2 for free back in Feb . . . before I knew about CAG.

But I bought it today at Target with a raincheck (LE with free players guide for $40.03 aftertax 31% off . . . my Zelda 67% off one failed with the manager).

I'm going to convert the $49.99 at EBgames into a gift card and in the next several months buy 5 $10 games with the credit.

I'm not just cheap . . . I'M INSANE.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Maverick CRV']Yep, this has been confirmed. I just picked up my LE copy for $49.99 plus tax. Dunno why this is, but if you're lucky you can easily snag one while everyone else is standing in line at EBGames. There were only 5 other people waiting in line at my Wal-Mart (Lumberton, TX).[/quote]

If your town has an EBgames or Gamestop it has a Walmart, I would wager.

[quote name='DX']My WM gave away the dog tags,lanyards,and these cool ass light up HALO 2 pens.[/quote]

Pictures? Please

[quote name='CD']WalMarts here in Vegas have been hit or miss, I was able to score an LE one over at the one by Nellis Airforce Base and they still had several on hand, if any locals are interested :)[/quote]

How much were they?

Does anyone's Halo 2 LE case have a dent on it? Myself and a friend has a dent at the top of our cases, and another friend has a dent on the bottom of his.

Im supprised that Wal-Mart has the LE for only $49.99. I would have guessed that they would of sold it for $44.97 or something like that.

Why were people willing to wait in line for the Midnight launch? One simple reason, it was fun. My EB ran a full 4 XBox 16 player Halo Lan Party until midnight, at which point I walked out with my copy of Halo 2 (I was #5 in line) and put it into the XBox I had brought. :D 15 mins later as people brought out their copies, and we had a 16 player game of H2 going :D. We had something like 130 people there, it was crazy madness (especially when some punk attacked the giant Halo 2 banner outside with a knife) but it was a lot of fun.

I hate Walmart. I may opt to buy Halo 2 at Target because they are giving away a game guide with a purchase.

Thats better than saving $5 at Walmart.

bread's done
Back