Halo 2 vs Killzone vs M Prime 2

My guess is Halo 2 > MP 2 > Killzone

I have the Killzone demo, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Halo multiplayer was great, but I didn't care much about the single-player. I don't care about Killzone, and I've always loved Metroid. So I say Prime 2. And Samus is sexy.

Im on a Metroid bender right now, so i'll just throw that to the top of the list, but i really like Halo and the Live play sounds interesting.

I will be buying Halo 2 and Metroid Prime 2 for sure. I can't say which one I will enjoy more. I will say that I was a bigger fan of the 1st Metroid Prime than the first Halo though. I'm pretty excited about both of them though.

I will be buying halo2, because, i own an xbox and only an xbox, not like i would buy metriod and killzone doens't seem to be turning out that great.

I had always planned to get Halo 2, and thanks to Defender, I'll probably pick up MP2 as well. I'll wait for KillZone to drop though. Sony is usually pretty good about releasing GH games as soon as applicable.

depending on how killzone reviews i'll pick it up for 20;....i already have MP2 and Halo 2 pre-ordered

I'll be getting MP2 this christmas, I've got no interest in Killzone, and I don't have an XBox. I will however, be taking a week out from HS and camping out at my friend's house in the week following November 9th. With that being said, I'm more interested in MP2, as long as they don't throw in a 'treasure hunt' at the end of the game like they did in the first one...

I'll go with Metroid Prime. Even though I own a PS2, I have no interest whatsoever in Killzone. I'm also not sure about Halo 2... It has a lot to live up to, and I have a hunch that it'll turn out disappointing to people expecting too much.

Metroid Prime 2 is my most wanted (already pre-ordered). Killzone looks cool, but I'll probably wait for a price drop. Halo 2.....well, look at my sig.

I will pick up MP 2 cheap (the first was 20 at BBV right after Chirstmas).

The best shooter on a console this holiday season is going to be Ratchet and Clank 3 though

I'm definitely picking up MP2, I really can't wait for it. I might pick up Halo 2 if I can find a good enough deal on it, and if it sounds like it's improved enough over the original to actually be worth my time. I'll wait for Killzone to hit 20 or less before picking it up.

I've got all 3 pre-ordered and I don't even own an Xbox.

I had a great time with the Killzone beta. It was flawed but a lot of fun with great graphics for the PS2. I have not played the demo disk version yet though, I'm waiting for it in next months OPM.
I just wish they made the Metroid controll scheme customizable.

Im really looking forward to Halo 2, so I voted for it. Ill wait for Kill Zone's reviews, and I didn't like the first Metroid Prime, so Im not looking forward to the second.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I will pick up MP 2 cheap (the first was 20 at BBV right after Chirstmas).

The best shooter on a console this holiday season is going to be Ratchet and Clank 3 though[/quote]

So.. at what point did Ratchet cease becing a platformer and become a shooter?

Id probably pick up all three eventually, but Im definitely most excited about Halo 2. And overall sales wise, its going to be Halo 2

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='CaseyRyback']I will pick up MP 2 cheap (the first was 20 at BBV right after Chirstmas).

The best shooter on a console this holiday season is going to be Ratchet and Clank 3 though[/quote]

So.. at what point did Ratchet cease becing a platformer and become a shooter?[/quote]

The online portion is a shooter. Basically like UT2K4 for consoles (using Ratchet and Clank universe)

the control options even allow use of the SOCOM control style.

[quote name='Sartori']wtf..[/quote]

don't pass on it because the online part is a shooter. Siege mode is incredibly fun and retains all the action of the original game but applies these concepts to a shooter enviroment.

the whole implementation they used made it feel as though even with 8 people in a huge world, you were always endangered of being attacked (be it by robot or person).

I'm looking forward to Halo 2's co-op campaign. I'm unsure about the other 2, even though I have all 3 preordered. But basically so far my interest in them is: Halo 2>Killzone>Metroid Prime 2.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Sartori']wtf..[/quote]

don't pass on it because the online part is a shooter. Siege mode is incredibly fun and retains all the action of the original game but applies these concepts to a shooter enviroment.

the whole implementation they used made it feel as though even with 8 people in a huge world, you were always endangered of being attacked (be it by robot or person).[/quote]

I didn't like demo of the original Ratchet, didn't bother with the later two.

I'm not big on these neo-platformers, anyway. Sly's awesome, but Jak and Ratchet arne't too high on my list.

[quote name='Trakan']My guess is Halo 2 > MP 2 > Killzone

I have the Killzone demo, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.[/quote]

Maybe its for the best. Its a souped up Red Faction, with a running gimmick thrown in.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Sartori']wtf..[/quote]

the whole implementation they used made it feel as though even with 8 people in a huge world, you were always endangered of being attacked (be it by robot or person).[/quote]

I didn't like demo of the original Ratchet, didn't bother with the later two.

I'm not big on these neo-platformers, anyway. Sly's awesome, but Jak and Ratchet arne't too high on my list.[/quote]

you should really try and find the original Ratchet cheap and give it another shot. The game is REALLY REALLY good. the planets are diverse and the action is very good.

The Ratchet and Clank series is one of my growing favorites. I still have not played the second, because I want to get the RYNO in the first one before moving on.

been playing halo 2 for a bit tonight and i can honestly say it's nothing special.

more of the same.

that's not a bad thing per se

i just expected more.

tsc tsc

[quote name='Delta']been playing halo 2 for a bit tonight and i can honestly say it's nothing special.

more of the same.

i just expected more.

tsc tsc[/quote]

Eh, as to be expected, really. That's how these things go, generally.

[quote name='Delta']been playing halo 2 for a bit tonight and i can honestly say it's nothing special.

more of the same.

i just expected more.

tsc tsc[/quote]

I hope you're fucking joking. :x

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Delta']been playing halo 2 for a bit tonight and i can honestly say it's nothing special.

more of the same.

i just expected more.

tsc tsc[/quote]

I hope you're shaq-fuing joking. :x[/quote]

Makes sense. Halo 2 AND Prime 2 are going to fall in to that same category.

Well, I don't think that Metroid Prime 2 should be in there. Personally, I'm getting both Halo 2 and Metroid Prime 2. Halo 2 first, because I need its sweet multiplayer action. Metroid Prime 2 for my birthday, since I'll actually have time to beat it over Christmas break.

i'll buy halo 2, but im not gonna be runniong to bb or whereever on the 9th.
I will buy mp2 release week for sure.
MP was the best experience I can remember from this gen.
Even if it is "only" more of the same I will be thrilled. the 1st was as perfect as I can imagine.

I'm picking up both Halo 2 and MP 2 the day they come out. Halo is one of my favorite games of all time, with many Multiplayer good times and intense single player experiences. MP is also one of my favorite games this generation. I only need to beat the last boos before MP 2 comes out. Gosh, thats hard...

I played hookie from work to play MP1 until I finished it. I was so engrossed by the feel and atmosphere - I couldn't stop playing. I'm hoping MP2 does the same (though the demo was underwhelming). Halo bored me, but I prefer the more platformy nature of MP to begin with.

Halo 2.

Metroid Prime was good but I really didn't like the control scheme at all. If they changed it for MP 2 I would get that first but they won't. Oh well, I'd still rather play 2D Metroid anyway.

Killzone is interesting but not enough for me to get it first.

bread's done
Back