Halo 2 vs Killzone vs M Prime 2

halo 2! halo 2! halo 2! halo 2! its in a league of its own. the other two are just bantha fodder.

[quote name='Vtdgnca']only 10 people voted to get Killzone. :shock:[/quote]
I still plan on getting it eventually. Its just that compared to two proven franchises I can't really say I would buy it before them unless I played the demo and it just blew me away.

I can only assume the question is meant more in terms of death matching, which frankly I could care less about which is why I voted for MP2.

I couldn't care less about multi-player.

As I've played more Halo than any other game ever, I'd say I'm in with the Halo 2 camp. I saw some video of Killzone and it looked interesting. I'd probably be more into if Halo 2 weren't about to come out.

Also since I don't have a GameCube I'm not really gonna be down with MP2.

I'm not into the FPS scene at all so I won't even bother voting on this one, but if I was "forced" to play one, it would be Metroid Prime 2. I didn't like the first one (and disliked Halo even more), but the exploration elements would at least keep me interested. I wonder why American/European gamers love FPSs while Japanese gamers kind of ignore them.

[quote name='Parathod']I'm not into the FPS scene at all so I won't even bother voting on this one, but if I was "forced" to play one, it would be Metroid Prime 2. I didn't like the first one (and disliked Halo even more), but the exploration elements would at least keep me interested. I wonder why American/European gamers love FPSs while Japanese gamers kind of ignore them.[/quote]

I dunno, I guess its the same way how Japanese gamers loved RPG's during the 16-bit days more than N. American and European gamers. Then RPG's got huge. It will probably get like that in Japan at some point. I think another thing is that in Japan arcades still seem to be kicking. A lot of player competition is live in the arcade. In the US, arcades are dying and most player vs. player competition is online. FPS just lend themselves better to online competition. An online FPS deathmatch is comparable to a Street Fighter competion in the arcade in terms of excitement IMO.

Those are pretty good points you made. I don't think that FPSs will really ever catch on with them as much as they have here, but the next generation will probably show a little more interest in them. Perhaps, like you said, as more gamers move towards online-play than actual social interaction.

bread's done
Back