Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='wubb']No later than 11PM EST, most of the time I'm done earlier.[/quote]

If I remember tonight I'll try to get a game with you although I just started playing and I can't aim and I haven't tried multi-player yet. Oh, and this is my first Halo experience... so if you want some easy kills I'm your guy! I'm usually on between roughly 9 and 11 EST.

[quote name='jakehoss']Hands on with the halo figures.
So my mcfarlane halo 3 figures showed up at my office today, and boy are they cool. Heres some pics of the chief and the brute chief fighting on my sign making table. Please ignore all office related stuff in background, lol.
Picture10.jpg
Picture8.jpg
Picture9.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Linkin, Ya the figures were released last wed. i think. I have cortana as well maybe ill snap one of her tonight and post it.

I picked up the Chief figure from WM. I actually like the Joyride figures better. The paintjob on these new ones look messy. The articulation is cool, but IDK. Also, WTF is that nub thing? You call that a grenade?

No problem LP I figure I'm usually on before most CAGs. And I'll keep an eye out for you javery. We'd probably be on the same team. :D

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I picked up the Chief figure from WM. I actually like the Joyride figures better. The paintjob on these new ones look messy. The articulation is cool, but IDK. Also, WTF is that nub thing? You call that a grenade?[/QUOTE]
Naw panda, the nub is for mounting the weapon on the back of the figures. they do not include grenades as the box suggests. I was kinda pissed. but other than that i love em.

Damn, the Grifball hopper from over the weekend brought me down 0.4 on my K/D ratio for social. Shouldof tried to go for a Killionaire just to have it on my medals page too. Oh well.

Anyways, hope you four non-Grifball regulars enjoyed Beach Grifball last night. It's a little bit longer than a normal game since the play area is longer than normal. Probably should lower the cap amount to five instead of the normal nine for that particular secondary Grifball map.

Good times. I had a -26 or something K/D spread. :shock: Don't know how you do it, but you are a monster with the hammer.

It was a really fun night for my first online Halo experience. I'll be playing through the main game over the next few weeks and I'm always up for some multi-player. I need to practice!

[quote name='wubb']Good times. I had a -26 or something K/D spread. :shock: Don't know how you do it, but you are a monster with the hammer.[/quote]

I'm pretty good with visual timing and then after that it's luck based on the connection of the target and attacker. Then after that you need to figure out which one of you may be the laggier one and try and find that persons sweet spot but even then it's not garunteed a kill every time.

I shouldof explained how Grifball specifically works before we started so everyone knew how the game is setup. Such as saying players all have 10% health and the ball carrier has a three or four time overshield. Which in turn allows for the ball carrier to melee one person if he gets hit without dieing most of the time. Hopefully you guys didn't team kill each other too much as that's the first thing someone needs to learn how to avoid in Grifball.

(I shouldof split up the teams better. My team had consisted of three of the four Grifball players in the game. You guys had John Ketch who hasn't been to very many Grifball games too.)

Absolutely dominated one of my FFA slayer matches yesterday. had a +19 K/D spread, I hit 25 when #2 had 11. That felt good.

It was a social playlist and the opps all had max skills 10+ below mine for some reason. Plus I think they were going for sticks way too much.

Ran into two random people who were working together in a Rumble Pit match and for some reason it just really set me off. Got into it a bit with them until I muted them and focused on the game. They ended up finishing 3rd and 5th so that was nice.

Halo 3 is serious business. :lol:

Another match a guy ended up winning with 25 and 2nd place had only 6 kills. I tied for 3rd with just 3 kills. I have no idea how he did it.

I love when I get in a match and everyone has dark grey armor except for my yellow. :D

I think I'm getting a little better - I finished second a few times the other night (one dude was killing everyone else - he said his account was deleted or reset or something so he was starting out on the lower levels. He was nice though - he walked me through a few of the maps (without killing me) and gave me a bunch of pointers. Fun stuff.

I also finished Level VII in the main game so I'm getting close - single player seems really really short for some reason - almost like it was an afterthought since the multi-player is so freaking huge (not that I'm complaining because I LOVE short games). Some of the skulls are just ridiculous - I can't believe some of them were ever found. In a million years there's no way I'd ever just stumble upon the "daddy" one...

Yeah I thought the Halo 3 SP game was a bit on the short side. The later missions are much longer than the earlier ones though.

Another match (Juggernaut) I saw the juggernaut throw a bubble shield and 3 or 4 people in a row run in to get immediately killed with his shotgun. :rofl: I've started kind of hanging back just around the corner from the juggernaut until I see somebody else start in on him. Then I pop out to hopefully mop up and finish him off.

By the way, a new map gets revealed tomorrow. It will likely be a snow map since they already unveiled snow paint jobs for certain vehicles in the last weekly update. The map will also have at least one gimped Hornet.

3vs3 matches just aren't fun...had a ton of those with my bro and sis over the weekend and man those maps become huge with just 3 enemies on board...specially Valhalla...ugh.

[quote name='javeryh']I finished the main game. I want to replay it on Heroic but the last 2 levels were not fun at all.[/quote]

Co-op it, makes them much better.

[quote name='klwillis45']Co-op it, makes them much better.[/quote]

I plan to if I can find people to go through Heroic with me. I want that achievement!

I'm also having fun blasting fools online. I played about an hour last night and finished last in every single game but I was still having fun. I need to start learning the maps as well as how to customize games. I was playing with a friend last night and we couldn't figure out how to get on the same team... What's with all the jumping though? People are so annoying with that - just stand still so I can kill you.

Learning the maps, especially where weapons and power ups spawn is def. a big help.

One of the easiest to learn is Narrows because it's fairly symmetrical.

Sometimes I'll just try something that I notice a dude who just killed me was doing. For example I ran after a dude on Construct on a swords match who grabbed some sticky grenades (the ones that spawn on the end of the long ledge in the middle of the upper part of the map), turned, stuck me and then jumped off the ledge to the lower level. After I spawned I started hanging in the section near that grenade spawn point and got a few kills sticking people as they ran out the ledge toward me. That ledge being narrow makes it easier to line them up as they have less room to juke side to side.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm also having fun blasting fools online. I played about an hour last night and finished last in every single game but I was still having fun. I need to start learning the maps as well as how to customize games. I was playing with a friend last night and we couldn't figure out how to get on the same team... What's with all the jumping though? People are so annoying with that - just stand still so I can kill you.[/quote]
  • In unranked games, the free for all hopper obviously won't do that.
  • In ranked games, you'll be on the same team.
  • In unranked team games there's always the chance that someone may be put on the opposing team, especially if you have more members than the team limit in that hoppers gametype.
  • In custom team games, the leader can forcefully change other players teams before game (I think) and everyone can change their own color using LB & RB. During the game players can change teams using the menu (start) but if everyone switches to a single team mid-game, the game will end.
  • Multi-team games are teams of two currently. Any more people joining in on that hopper will be pushed to another team. In Halo 2 this hopper use to allow for four teams of four but it's been reduced to four teams of two now.
Anyways, yeah, people will jump if its beneficial in any way. This is most apparent in arcadey shooters such as Halo, Unreal Tournament, and others. It's best that you learn how to do it well yourself as it can work pretty well. Also side strafing back and forth a lot helps too along with aiming at the head of the player when using more accurate guns such as the battle rifle. (Don't forget grenades too!)

I wished they would bring back the original Multi-Team. I remember hurling grenade after grenade and just getting a ungodly amount of kills. Fun times in Halo 2...fun times...

What is the actual chance they would bring back some Halo 2 maps like Lockdown?

[quote name='Nealocus123']I wished they would bring back the original Multi-Team. I remember hurling grenade after grenade and just getting a ungodly amount of kills. Fun times in Halo 2...fun times...

What is the actual chance they would bring back some Halo 2 maps like Lockdown?[/quote]

lol, Lockdown...it is Lockout. :lol:

But never mind that. There are rumours of the next map DLC containing a slight *remake* of Lockout, similar to what Bungie did with Zanzibar, but nothing is concrete at this point.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']lol, Lockdown...it is Lockout. :lol:

But never mind that. There are rumours of the next map DLC containing a slight *remake* of Lockout, similar to what Bungie did with Zanzibar, but nothing is concrete at this point.[/QUOTE]

that's what i was hoping. i'd actually play halo again if i could get lockout.

Didn't they say they took out the in between base tunnels? I loved flying in those with ghosts and splattering people!!! oh well, I'm sure it'll be good.

[quote name='http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/h/halo3/legendarymaps.htm']???The third map to be included in the Legendary Pack has yet to be announced, but stay tuned for full details on another returning classic … fans of smaller Slayer maps, it’s time to get excited.
[/quote]

From xbox.com regarding code name Moonlight Sonata

[quote name='dastly75']April 15 @ 800 Microsoft Points...I think I'll be getting it along with the free heroic maps whenever those come out.[/quote]

Same here...I'll buy the new set...hopefully the old set becomes free on the same date.

[quote name='dastly75']From xbox.com regarding code name Moonlight Sonata[/quote]

It's almost a lock for Lockout:

One of the bungie clues:

long last, we tracked down a build of "Moonlight Sonata" that had received some lighting. Sure, there have been builds with this lighting for a while, but us finally uncovering it was this week’s magical moment. For ages and ages and ages it’s been a black, barely illuminated, series of interconnected platforms, but now a gentle glow warms this otherwise chilly, isolated structure.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']lol, Lockdown...it is Lockout. :lol:

But never mind that. There are rumours of the next map DLC containing a slight *remake* of Lockout, similar to what Bungie did with Zanzibar, but nothing is concrete at this point.[/quote]

Ahh that's right, Lockout. I read that the modified map is going to be Sidewinder from the original Halo, however they have one more unannounced so who knows. What's the map in Halo 2 that was inside a dome or something and it had a waterfall where the rocket launcher was. Then underneath the waterfall was the sword. That was probably my favorite map.

I get annoyed with people on my team that decide it's a good idea to run directly in between me and the enemy when we get in a 2+ on 1 shoot out. I do my best to move over and not hit them but at some point (generally if they do it more than once) I stop trying all that hard to move them out of my line of fire.

Had a guy yesterday who did that 3 or 4 times when we were both sitting at the top of a warp point on construct. As soon as somebody warps in he charges in front of me towarrd the guy. Maybe he wanted to get in close to melee to make sure he'd get the kill. :roll:

It's even better when I'm standing on a walkway with a sniper and teammates decide its better to walk in front instead of behind me.

I realize you need to get past but do you not see this enormus cannon I'm holding. :bomb:

[quote name='Nealocus123']Ahh that's right, Lockout. I read that the modified map is going to be Sidewinder from the original Halo, however they have one more unannounced so who knows. What's the map in Halo 2 that was inside a dome or something and it had a waterfall where the rocket launcher was. Then underneath the waterfall was the sword. That was probably my favorite map.[/quote]

That I do believe was Ivory Tower. Excellent map.

[quote name='dastly75']Team Swat playlist is up now for this weekend(Double EXP)[/quote]

What type of gameplay is SWAT? I play slayer 99% of the time.

bread's done
Back