Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah no deaths. I still have no perfection.
Closest I came recently was 14-1.

You know how I died ?

Suicide.

lol.[/quote]

I was in a 4v4 and got 14-0...time ran out before I could get the last kill :bomb:

I got my fill of COD 4 and I'm back playing this. If anyone needs someone for team slayer send me an invite. I usually at least break even but if I'm on a good team I more than likely will have a good score. I can't get above a 24 because my friends suck and the randoms I get matched with are just as bad

Well last night I went 4 and 13 in a horrible game where I was the lowest ranked player, which isn't very uncommon for me when I play Social Slayer. I just can't believe I had such a bad game. What made it so horrible is literally every time I turned a corner I was instantly dead and any time someone threw a grenade from five feet away it would instantly blow up in my face. Hell I even threw a bubble shield down and this guy came in and instantly beat me down from full shield.

I don't really care if I get completely trashed by the other team, so long as it makes sense. This game made absolutely no sense what so ever to me. Really hate when that happens.

Had two CTF games yesterday where some asshole TKed the flag carrier before the victory plant to hog the glory.

Also had a VIP match (I hate that mode) on Valhalla where I was the first and only VIP for my team. I stayed in/near the base and only 4 dudes came after me all game (all by themselves to boot.) So I guess that was technically a perfect game for me right? :lol: Too bad there isn't a medal for being the VIP an entire game.

[quote name='Draekon']Well last night I went 4 and 13 in a horrible game where I was the lowest ranked player, which isn't very uncommon for me when I play Social Slayer. I just can't believe I had such a bad game. What made it so horrible is literally every time I turned a corner I was instantly dead and any time someone threw a grenade from five feet away it would instantly blow up in my face. Hell I even threw a bubble shield down and this guy came in and instantly beat me down from full shield.

I don't really care if I get completely trashed by the other team, so long as it makes sense. This game made absolutely no sense what so ever to me. Really hate when that happens.[/QUOTE]

Draekon, you may have been lagged. Last night seemed to be a really bad night to play. I played one game of social rumble and my experience was much like your's. I would see the person, and they were beating me down before I had time to react. I checked the scoreboard to see if my connection was poor, but it said it wasn't. It just seemed like everybody was faster, AND every one else's melee attacks him before mine. Once I left that and joined some Big Team games it was a little better.

Unrelated to that quote, Last night I got to Skill rating 10 on Ranked Team, so I started playing social games to raise just my experience without putting Skill rating in jeopardy, and that worked. I got my first officer bar. That's a strategy if you're having difficulty keeping your skill rating high enough for whatever promotion.

Wubb, don't worry about it man.

We need to plan a night where Draekon, Wubb and I can team up.. (and any other CAGs that would like to join).

[quote name='Advocatus']Draekon, you may have been lagged. Last night seemed to be a really bad night to play. I played one game of social rumble and my experience was much like your's. I would see the person, and they were beating me down before I had time to react. I checked the scoreboard to see if my connection was poor, but it said it wasn't. It just seemed like everybody was faster, AND every one else's melee attacks him before mine. Once I left that and joined some Big Team games it was a little better.[/quote]

I thought that initially but if there was any it was next to non-existant when I was shooting from a distance. The opposing team seemed to be pretty good regardless. Either way, not a big deal as I had enough games where I did decent enough to off set it.

[quote name='Advocatus']Unrelated to that quote, Last night I got to Skill rating 10 on Ranked Team, so I started playing social games to raise just my experience without putting Skill rating in jeopardy, and that worked. I got my first officer bar. That's a strategy if you're having difficulty keeping your skill rating high enough for whatever promotion.[/quote]

If you manage to hit Major/1 Star (Skill 30), expect a significant jump in difficulty of Social Slayer matches as you'll probably be paired with a majority of people who are ranked higher than you quite often. You'll see it less often with 1 & 2 silver bars (forgot the rank name). Other gametypes don't seem to be hit as bad as Social Slayer.

[quote name='Advocatus']

Unrelated to that quote, Last night I got to Skill rating 10 on Ranked Team, so I started playing social games to raise just my experience without putting Skill rating in jeopardy, and that worked. I got my first officer bar. That's a strategy if you're having difficulty keeping your skill rating high enough for whatever promotion.
[/QUOTE]

Those promotions are based on your highest attained skill rank so you can dip back below 10 and you'll still get the promotion.

I'm not terribly good but find my skill just kind of slowly goes up 1 every 3 or 4 Lone Wolves matches I play. I dipped recently so maybe I've leveled off. Not sure.

Damn...I forgot how fun this game is when you play with friends...we had a long ass losing streak though, I haven't played in a while but we had a blast. Love the new melee system, definitely made a difference.

[quote name='wubb']Those promotions are based on your highest attained skill rank so you can dip back below 10 and you'll still get the promotion.

I'm not terribly good but find my skill just kind of slowly goes up 1 every 3 or 4 Lone Wolves matches I play. I dipped recently so maybe I've leveled off. Not sure.[/QUOTE]

Ahh that's good to know. I figured I would need a minimum of skill rank 10 and 70+ experience to get the bar. Either way, I'm rather content now to just play and have fun. I don't really have much of an expectation of raising through the ranks much more now.

My mic is dead so if we do team up and I don't say anything, that's why. :whistle2:(

Going to order a replacement from Wal-Mart today.

[quote name='wubb']Had two CTF games yesterday where some asshole TKed the flag carrier before the victory plant to hog the glory.

[/quote]

I hope you saved a clip of that to upload to fileshare. That is one thing I have noticed is that Halo 3 has way less team killing than Halo 2 because we can record all that crap and post it if we want.

I am looking to add some CAG to play with, usually thursday nights, sat & sun afternoons...I usually stick to Team Slayer, rank of 23-24. Send me a friend request...can you add notes to indicate you're a CAG? Don't know if that's possible.

It takes me 1 game or so to get used to the configuration after playing CoD 4. Other than that though I'm usually MVP or at least first on my team. Pretty up and down for me in Halo 3 though. Some games I'll be on fire while others not so much. In CoD though I'll always be in the top 3, if not first.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I hope you saved a clip of that to upload to fileshare. That is one thing I have noticed is that Halo 3 has way less team killing than Halo 2 because we can record all that crap and post it if we want.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think about it but I will if it happens again.

One of them it sounded like maybe half of the team knew each other (big team battle so 8 men per team) and one idiot was whining about needing one more kill for some assinine reason as our flag carrier neared the base. I think one of his buddies killed the flag carrier and then stood by the goal until his buddy gave the go ahead. I immediately ran back towards our base and was going to beat his ass down for being a dick but he laid down the final score before I got there.

The other one was just a straight a-hole killing the carrier and immediately picking up the flag for the victory plant.

Hey wubb and Advocatus, do either of you have the map pack? Just looking for more Grifball victims so I don't have to deal with fullmetals laggy ass... and it'd be nice to have more than a 2 on 2 game. :p

[quote name='SynGamer']I'm interested in some Grifball tonight. Never played but i have the map pack and would love to finally use the new maps.[/quote]

Throw a friend request at the gamertag CAG GrifBall and if you're on when we start up games, we'll throw you an invite. So far they seem to be anywhere in the vacinity of 5PM EST to 10PM EST during the weekdays. Granted it's only been going on two days so far.

[quote name='Draekon']Throw a friend request at the gamertag CAG GrifBall and if you're on when we start up games, we'll throw you an invite. So far they seem to be anywhere in the vacinity of 5PM EST to 10PM EST during the weekdays. Granted it's only been going on two days so far.[/quote]

5 PM and 10 PM EST...lol i'll try to be on sometime between then, but i will more than likely be on at 8 PM.

[quote name='SynGamer']5 PM and 10 PM EST...lol i'll try to be on sometime between then, but i will more than likely be on at 8 PM.[/quote]

Well, like I said, we've only been doing it for a few days and the times aren't static but I just mentioned the times that we've played during those days (to my knowledge anyways). They may do it later, but since I wake up at like 4am in the morning I tend to go to sleep earlier than most people. So I'm not sure of any later times, if any. Plus we're still early in on the CAG Grifball so we don't have many people yet to start up games of at least 2v2.

So basically we don't really have regular times we do this at yet. Still just trying to get more people on board and hopefully they'll release the map pack for free soon so that we can get more people and get more games up and running.

i think i have an idea, but can someone explain grifball to me? do i need to get a special version of foundry from bungie to play?

[quote name='John Ketch']i think i have an idea, but can someone explain grifball to me? do i need to get a special version of foundry from bungie to play?[/quote]

http://grifball.com/home.php

How to Play is a Red vs Blue video on the basics and further info can be found under Rules (However many of them apply to league play but it should give you an idea). Feel free to explore the rest of the site for further info regarding Grifball.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']So you need the map pack to play Grifball eh?[/quote]

Yeah, it's probably the single best thing to come out of the map pack. Hopefully it won't be too long before it's free.

I can't wait till the map pack is free...I'm seriously getting back into this game, didn't realize how much the melee needed patching, its totally more enjoyable now...specially when you run into someone and you both melee and both die and fall back...its awesome.

Threw Grifball an invite, would love to play anytime you guys see me around. I was actually thinking of throwing together a team for next season too. I'm with Draekon tho, I get up for work at 4am, so I'm usually done by 10-11pm EST.

So i started to play halo 3 again lately, very rusty. But people always comment on how i am a staff captain, and how i must suck. It really gets annoying. My highest rank is 24 in lone wolves. But its hard to win a lot in a row, which is why i keep going up and down, never up up and away. My internet isnt the fastest either, which i think has something to do with why i cant get a high rank. But i also recigonize that im not the greatest halo 3 player, i only play for fun. But everyone commenting on how i must suck ruins the fun of it. Does anyone have any advice, what ranked games i should play to get over 30, or any other ideas? I know the easy answer is just dont let it get to me, and just play. I dont know. Some games im pretty good, and some games i hardly score.

" But people always comment on how i am a staff captain,"

I've only heard somebody mock a guy's rank a few times. I find it funny and pathetic. Just shrug it off and/or mute the guy.

I actually just got all the achievements the other day so now I only really play to show off my Security armor. I still kind of enjoy it and play with some friends of mine who are hardcore. Grifball sounds like it could be fun but I'll just wait until the map pack is free to play with you guys.

[quote name='ananag112']Beach Grifball tonight at 9PM EST?[/quote]

Is that some Last Resort bastardized Grifball?

Does forge even allow for enough walls on the map? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Draekon']Is that some Last Resort bastardized Grifball?

Does forge even allow for enough walls on the map? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

No walls, but its still fun. Crates and portals are put up to keep people within bounds. Its fun, and it allows us cheap asses to play Grifball.

I am online now if anyone wants to play. We need 6 people.

I'll play grifball if anyone's up for it...it's now 8:27 central, i should be on for a while; warning--I have never played grifball before but I want to learn? i have the heroic map pack also. Shoot me an invite: John Ketch

I actually found a weird glitch in the game, or so I think. I was playing Lone Wolves on high ground and I was awarded back-to-back Splatter Sprees. I splattered one guy with a ghost and was correctly given a splatter spree. My next kill was shooting a guy with the guns of the ghost, at which point I was given a second splatter spree.

I uploaded the video to Bungie's forum. My gamer tag is SurvivorCharlie and the video is in my Halo 3 file share under file #4. File #1 contains the full game so that you can see there is no trickery involved. Anyone know what happened?

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17992189

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']I actually found a weird glitch in the game, or so I think. I was playing Lone Wolves on high ground and I was awarded back-to-back Splatter Sprees. I splattered one guy with a ghost and was correctly given a splatter spree. My next kill was shooting a guy with the guns of the ghost, at which point I was given a second splatter spree.

I uploaded the video to Bungie's forum. My gamer tag is SurvivorCharlie and the video is in my Halo 3 file share under file #4. File #1 contains the full game so that you can see there is no trickery involved. Anyone know what happened?

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=17992189[/quote]
I had a similar experience. I managed to kill 2 people and then I get a killing spree. Just with a plain old assault rifle. Weird.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Someone said that I should make a play to get the "recon" armor out of this, whatever that means. Now I'm totally lost.[/quote]

The recon armor can only be given to you by bungie. Sometimes they give them to people for coming up with really cool vids. I am sorry to say, your glitch probably occurs alot, and isnt exactly a "special" find.

[quote name='BackInBlack']The recon armor can only be given to you by bungie. Sometimes they give them to people for coming up with really cool vids. I am sorry to say, your glitch probably occurs alot, and isnt exactly a "special" find.[/quote]

Yup.

On a side note: I am surprised you were able to get your GT to be JohnQuincyAdams. You'd think it would be taken.

[quote name='help1']Yup.

On a side note: I am surprised you were able to get your GT to be JohnQuincyAdams. You'd think it would be taken.[/quote]

Yeah its a good tag, had it about 2 years now. i like the fact i use up the 15 character limit. :applause:

bread's done
Back