Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='Liquid 2']Yeah, it's like a combination of the sniper rifle and rocket launcher. I'm not sure how they could weaken it without changing it too much though.[/QUOTE]

They could have a few bullets cancel the laser charge or something like that. I don't really have much of a problem with the laser as it is though. It's definitely an effective weapon, but not really much better than a Rocket Launcher and not even as good as a sniper.

[quote name='Trakan']I agree with some of what you wrote, but definitely not this. The Spartan laser is almost too powerful. It's incredibly easy to use, and is almost like 5 guaranteed kills. You can continue to charge it while being shot and the person can be right in your face and it won't hurt you. You can also be across the fucking map and it's just as effective.

Don't get me wrong, I love it as much as the next guy - when I'm the one using it. When I'm right in some guy's face about to kill him and he hits me with one last ditch laser attempt, then I get pissed and can't help but think it's just too powerful.[/quote]

I always felt that it was hit or miss with the spartan laser. Soem tiems I would be able to use all the ammo and get many killls, others I would pick it up and get screwed.

[quote name='help1']I always felt that it was hit or miss with the spartan laser. Soem tiems I would be able to use all the ammo and get many killls, others I would pick it up and get screwed.[/QUOTE]

The first like 5 times I picked it up I was shitty with it. I always wondered how Trakan and Zewone were so good with it. I used it a bit more and man it's really easy to target and kill anyone. I heart the Laser but like Trakan said they need to do somethign with the close range/last ditch effort shots.

[quote name='pimpinc333']The first like 5 times I picked it up I was shitty with it. I always wondered how Trakan and Zewone were so good with it. I used it a bit more and man it's really easy to target and kill anyone. I heart the Laser but like Trakan said they need to do somethign with the close range/last ditch effort shots.[/quote]

I agree with this, in that the learning curve is not as high as I would like it to be.

They could tweak (increase) the charge time on the laser, keeping all of its functionality but giving those being targeted more of a chance to stop their impending destruction.

[quote name='help1']The thing I love is that MLG players are not liking halo 3 right now.
[/quote]

Wrong. Most of the MLG community like it better than H2.

[quote name='life.exe']Wrong. Most of the MLG community like it better than H2.[/quote]

Wrong, from every player I have spoken to, they hate it. Maybe you talked to different people?

[quote name='help1']Wrong, from every player I have spoken to, they hate it. Maybe you talked to different people?[/QUOTE]

Both wrong. It's split. MLG players either love it or hate it with all their life. And who cares...As long as you like it.

Halo 3 promotions to be on the lookout for:

Promotions

Our creative marketing team has been creating some amazing promotions to excite the entire nation about the coming of Halo 3. Its gonna be hard to miss this launch in the US!

Mountain Dew – Game Fuel
%21cid_image002.jpg

· The promotions team is partnering with Mountain Dew to create a new Dew drink called Game Fuel inspired by Halo 3
· Game Fuel is a customized, limited-time “Halo 3-themed” Dew beverages that contains 30% more caffeine and a citrus cherry twist
· Game Fuel will come in 20-ounce bottles, two-liter bottles and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans (~40M) and distributed nationwide at ~150K outlets
· Additional support includes TV and online advertising, street teams, and press distribution of the drink

7-11 Program
· Halo 3 will be featured on Slurpees with 3 collectible linticular cups
· Dew will be creating special aluminum bottles of Game Fuel for distribution at 7-11
· Halo 3 will also be included on Doritos packs at 7-11 with a sweepstakes to be a voice actor in Halo Wars

Pontiac
%21cid_image004.jpg

The team is also working with Pontiac who will be promoting Halo 3 along with their new high performance Pontiac G6 launch
Pontiac will create events just prior to launch
We will be partnering for a chance to win a Limited Edition Halo 3 G6 car
Additional support includes TV advertising

Burger King
%21cid_image005.jpg

· We are also partnering with Burger King who will be promoting Halo 3 with Survival Kits sold nationwide for 10 weeks during Sept and Oct
· On King Size upgrades, consumers will receive their food and drink in Halo 3-themed packaging.
· Additional support include sweepstakes, drive thru POP, and other activities

Projekt Revolution
%21cid_image006.jpg
%21cid_image007.jpg

We are driving a concert sponsorship where Halo 3 is sponsoring the Projekt Revolution tour this summer, which includes bands Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance
The promotions team is creating 5 VIP events during the tour where lucky winners from local radio stations will get a chance to go back stage and play Halo 3 with the bands

Additional Events and Promotions
The team is working on additional events and promotions that we’ll be updating the team on as those plans are solidified including TV programming, sweepstakes, contest, and TV/Movie integration.

http://www.xboxfamily.com/news stories/Halo_3/H3_360.htm

I wonder if we'll get Halo BK Kids meal...I know the game is rated "M" but we all know there's a ton of racist 10year olds on XBL that love Halo.

[quote name='seanr1221']Psh, I'm always finding full games ;)[/QUOTE]

I was supposed to get my copy of it today, hopefully I get it tomorrow.

[quote name='mr ryles']the "game fuel" is just the red dew mixed with the orange. Or that is my brief description.[/quote]

That sounds good...loved red, didn't get to try orange.

[quote name='help1']Wrong, from every player I have spoken to, they hate it. Maybe you talked to different people?[/quote]
The people who actually go to events...and if you didnt notice, I said most "like it better than H2", which isnt hard to do considering most actual MLG event attendees like H1 >>>>>>>>> H2, and since the H3 beta was alot more like H1(less auto aim being the main thing)...you get the picture.

[quote name='mr ryles']the "game fuel" is just the red dew mixed with the orange. Or that is my brief description.[/quote]
Hmm...I loved the red, never tried the orange though.

[quote name='life.exe']Hmm...I loved the red, never tried the orange though.[/QUOTE]

i think the orange tastes like almost any other orange soda really, albeit with a slightly different "IN YOUR FACE MOUNTAIN DEW" twist.

[quote name='tgk2044']i think the orange tastes like almost any other orange soda really, albeit with a slightly different "IN YOUR FACE MOUNTAIN DEW" twist.[/quote]
Yes totallly. Red tastes like garbage, and now they are going to go and taint all my Live Wire (orange brand name) with evil Code Red. I will be pouring out whatever the vile brew that resides in the H3 bastard cans, and refilling them with Live wire. Or maybe I'll just go buy one of the 7-11 cups and save myself the trouble.

Is the Live wire only popular around my parts? when it was first put on the market as a summer seasonal soda, It was sold out at all the grocery stores.

BTW: Shadowrun is DOA as far as any sort of a decent community surrounding the game goes. It is the most frustrating yet exciting games at the sametime, but the little kids that are prevalent in this game are just as bad as in halo, however they are constantly being switched to different teams by the horrible matchmaking, and team killing is super prevelant. Even accidental team killing is common due to the samurai sword and rather imprecise 'nades. A CAG game night for this would help make it much more enjoyable.

[quote name='life.exe']The people who actually go to events...and if you didnt notice, I said most "like it better than H2", which isnt hard to do considering most actual MLG event attendees like H1 >>>>>>>>> H2, and since the H3 beta was alot more like H1(less auto aim being the main thing)...you get the picture.[/quote]

What event have you been to? Every MLG player I have meet at MLG tournys and outside of them tell me they hated the beta.

:hot:

Too bad the Halo 3 drinks can't be Mountain Dew Baja Blast. It has green like Master Chief and isn't just the greatest Mountain Dew of all time but one of the greatest drinks ever. Unfortunately it is an exclusive at Taco Bell though there are times I will go to Taco Bell just for the drink.

You guys got lucky. ;)

Online co-op is the greatest thing ever next to indoor plumbing.

Maybe one day when I get a 360 I'll actually get this because online co-op.

This is probably going to be a regular tactic for MGS dev teams. Say you can't put in a game feature. Then weeks later say you can o_O

So is it safe to assume that PGR4 will have day and night tracks also? :p

[quote name='mrelusive']This is probably going to be a regular tactic for MGS dev teams. Say you can't put in a game feature. Then weeks later say you can o_O

So is it safe to assume that PGR4 will have day and night tracks also? :p[/QUOTE]
They never said the game wouldn't.

It was blown out of proportion by early EGM scans that got to forum users, and Bungie was quite upset with EGM and the internetz.

This alone just nearly tripled my interest in Halo 3.

The battles better be fucking EPIC if you can have 4 people playing at once.

[quote name='Hey_its_a_good_day']HOLY SHIT! I just pee'd a bit in my pants!

One of my main complaints in GOW, Halo has solved![/QUOTE]
You complained about GOW's co-op because it was only 2 players?

In this day and age, any form of online co-op we see, we should all be thankful for.

[quote name='zewone']You complained about GOW's co-op because it was only 2 players?

In this day and age, any form of online co-op we see, we should all be thankful for.[/quote]

Not really complain, but a minor disturbance. I have 3 good friends who play GOW, so I would have had more fun playing the campaing all together with them. 4 player Co-OP is HUGE news.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Updated OP and merged threads. No need to have multiple discussion threads on the same thing.[/QUOTE]
I made it to get the word out before you update the OP. ;)

[quote name='seanr1221']DEAR LORD!

This just surpassed CoD4 as my most anticipated game on the 360.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how many good FPS games the 360 has, my top 3 most anticipated games right now would be

Halo 3
Call of duty 4
Bioshock

All FPS

Just called my buddy who's a GS manager to tell him to move one of my preorders back to Halo 3. It just became a day one purchase for me again.

why is it that every time I start to like Halo more, I go to play Halo 2 with a friend or alone and my interest suddenly drops near to zero :(

Halo 3 will be a get for me, but I feel like I'm sitting on old dead people when playing Halo 2 on and offline.

bread's done
Back