Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']why is it that every time I start to like Halo more, I go to play Halo 2 with a friend or alone and my interest suddenly drops near to zero :(

Halo 3 will be a get for me, but I feel like I'm sitting on old dead people when playing Halo 2 on and offline.[/quote]

Well, Halo 2 is over 2 years old, and if you are like me, you are burned out on it.

The fact that im playing it on an HDTV doesnt help either since it looks bad (H2 doesnt support HD).

Wow, I got to give it to Bungie, this was a brilliant market ploy!

Make it seem as though something is impossible, and then accomplish it, making your fans feel as if you have really pushed yourselves REALLY hard to get it to work.

That being said, IM EXCITED BITCHES!!!!

[quote name='A Happy Panda'].....You know that's what we're talking about right....[/quote]

Oops, too much coffee...duurrrr...:dunce:

But yeah, I'm now officially excited about this game even though I already have it pre-ordered! :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']how and when did this happen? makes sense though. congrads.[/quote]

CheapyD PM'd me about a week ago and I agreed...and I started last night!

Thanks...

Big ups to rocksolidaudio for giving me a heads up!

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=thesoundofsack

4pFTW.jpg

[quote name='zewone']http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=thesoundofsack

4pFTW.jpg
[/quote]

PLAYER 3 (Sangheili)
Name: N’tho ‘Sraom
Affiliation: Fleet of Retribution/Special Warfare Group/Special Operations
History: N’tho ‘Sraom is the youngest member of his Special Operations unit and is one of a growing number of human sympathizers amongst the Sangheili youth. He is a fairly typical young male adult Sangheili—he began compulsory military service at the end of adolescence, and remains unmarried with no close, non-familial relationships outside of his martial order. N’tho Sraom refused to stand idly by while the Prophets replaced Sangheili units with Jiralhanae packs, and now bears deep resentment toward those Sangheili politicians who landed his kind in their current predicament.
Although N’tho ‘Sraom’s romanticized nationalism is emblematic of all Sangheili, he has developed a healthy respect for humanity—not for their physical abilities or martial prowess, but for their audacity and resolve.

PLAYER 4 (Sangheili)
Name: Usze ‘Taham
Affiliation: Fleet of Retribution/Special Warfare Group/Fleet Security
History: Although Usze ‘Taham was born into a respected merchant family he was fathered by Toha ‘Sumai—one of the preeminent swordfighters of this age. Usze graduated with honors from the top War College in the Iruiru region of Yermo, Sanghelios (a distinction he shares with Rtas 'Vadum). Shortly after receiving his first post within the Covenant Navy he was offered a place on the Prophets’ Honor Guard but he declined citing “lack of practical experience”. In truth, he had no desire to be part of a largely ceremonial unit, and at the end of his third combat tour, Usze ‘Taham again refused the post—even though his superiors warned him such behavior could be misinterpreted as apostasy.
Since that time Usze has evaded countless punitive actions, at least two assassination attempts, and served with distinction for two additional tours before the Schism. Following the dissolution of the Covenant, he was approached by the Ascetics to become one of their liaisons within the Navy.

Every player will have identical abilities – only their appearance and weapon starts are different (Elites will start with Carbines versus Battle Rifles for example, depending on the mission). So there you have it. Mystery solved. Internet dramas ended. Four player online co-op it is. And a special thanks to the test, engineering, production and design teams who worked incredibly hard to make this feature happen.
fucking sexy :drool:

Updated the op, thanks Zewone!

BTW: If you click on the image at Bungie.net it enlarges to an excellent desktop backround size image.

[quote name='dastly75']That picture is badass. I wish it was big enough for my monitor.[/quote]

Did you click on the image in the Bungie.net link? The image enlarges..if you need to have it resized let me know what size you need, and I'll resize it in Photoshop tonight.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did you click on the image in the Bungie.net link? The image enlarges..if you need to have it resized let me know what size you need, and I'll resize it in Photoshop tonight.[/quote]

I resized it for my 1680 x 1050 but it loses some clarity obviously. If you can photoshop it without losing too much quality, that'd be cool.

[quote name='seanr1221']I call the gold elite.[/QUOTE]

lol. You can have the Arbiter.

Any idea who is who on the far right and the far left? I know my Halo fiction fairly well, but even I can't be sure from just looking at their armor. If I had to guess, I'd say N’tho ‘Sraom (player 3) is on the left and Usze ‘Taham (player 4) on the right....judging from their armor.

I wasn't really excited about this game at all after hearing rumors of no co-op. This anouncment really got me look forward to play this 4 player co-op should be sweet.

I'm not really a big online player, but tell me this. How does online co-op work in terms of saving and coming back to it? I've never tried online co-op before either, so that's why I ask this here.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this announcement. We knew it was coming.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm not really a big online player, but tell me this. How does online co-op work in terms of saving and coming back to it? I've never tried online co-op before either, so that's why I ask this here.

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this announcement. We knew it was coming.[/QUOTE]

the only experience i have is with gears of war, it's seamless saving. that is, if you quit an online co-op game, then when you go back to resume the game,either on or offline, it'll resume where you left off.

Well, im too stoked for Halo 3 now. Craaaaap!

Only ~2 months to go! And we have good games coming out between then! Yay!

Also, congrats LinkinPrime!

[quote name='zewone']Not a great ad.

Seems like they're going to kill of MC at the end of H3.[/quote]

Snape kills Master Chief? Oh snap.

my only problem with the add is that the picture is crap. At least have him in action or some sort of close up on the helmet. I like the quote, but the picture is terrible.

[quote name='Kendro']Snape kills Master Chief? Oh snap.[/quote]

No dumbass, Voldimort kills Master Chief, duh!

Also, 4 play co-op. I now can't wait for this game to come out.

I wasn't even remotely interested in this game until I saw 4 player co-op. Will probably buy it now.

Why doesn't EVERY game have a co-op mode?

[quote name='zewone']Not a great ad.

Seems like they're going to kill of MC at the end of H3.[/QUOTE]
That would seriously be a great way to go out...would probably make for a better story IMO.

Kinda like with MGS4 if Snake gets killed or dies.

Now the hardest part is to decide how to experience the campaign mode for the first time. By myself or 4-player co-op? I remember playing Gears by myself for the first time because I wanted the "true" experience. After beating it, I immediately regretted not playing it in co-op for the first time.

Rainbow six vegas already had 4 player co-op so this isn't really that surprising.

And as usual, funny because after the egm leak all the stupid gamer community went in a panic when it was clearly all speculation. go figure...

bread's done
Back