Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

Well when I get my game at the midnight release at my local gamecrazy im gonna open the game in my car and if it has a few scatches I could really honestly care less but if its over the top bull crap scratches im gonna walk back into the store and bitch slap the employee and ask (demand) a new copy.

Memories of the PREY C.E. come to mind. The Halo 3 tin setup is very simular. The disc sat up against the metal of the Tin, except the Halo 3 tin has little foam pads for the Disc to sit on. I hear that many of the H3 C.E. out at retail are loose inside the cases. Thisis not good.

I dont understand why the Gears of War C.E.(also MS published) was so well put together, and the Halo 3 one is possibly(other than PREY) the worst C.E. Packaging ever. Seperate plastic disc beds for each Disc is what works.Why not go with that? Why completely screw over people who are spending more for your product MS? Why?

I am glad that the Legendary Edition is two seperate standard DVD style cases instead of a Metal Case. I was worried that mine would come out scratched but the Legendary is thankfully put together well.

Sigh.

I'm going to buy it anyway. I don't want a fucking 130 dollar cat helmet that you can't even put on a cat and I don't have a cat anyway and don't want either a cat or the cat helmet. I also don't want the vanilla edition.

At least I know what to expect when I purchase it and will be prepared to return it several times if necessary.

[quote name='Apossum']are they collector's scratches made by the master chief himself?[/QUOTE]
Most likely.

It's not defective, it's a feature!

So long as the discs work fine for the first week or so, i'll be happy. Once i've gotten my Halo 3 fix for a few days, i'll call up MS and bitch that i want my discs replaced ASAP.

I just emailed LionGames, hopefully he will be able to switch my game to regular edition. I hate dealing with stupid stuff like this, after I waited years for Halo 3. Trying to get a new disc w/o a problem from Lion Games or Microsoft seems like it could take weeks.

So, the question now is how many people BOUGHT the Collector's Edition. Either way, it just makes Microsoft look BAD. They just cannot catch a break.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Well when I get my game at the midnight release at my local gamecrazy im gonna open the game in my car and if it has a few scatches I could really honestly care less but if its over the top bull crap scratches im gonna walk back into the store and bitch slap the employee and ask (demand) a new copy.[/quote]even if it's minor scratches i don't see how people can be content with it. you should expect no flaws on a new item you just purchased, especially if it affects the use of it.

I'm missing one skull and I can't find it!

If someone finds the "Fog" skull, please let me know.

Also, the name of the "Samurai" armor is called Hayabusa. Named after Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa.

I guess this is how Bungie gives big ups back to Team Ninja for including a Spartan in DOA4.

That helmet is disappointing, its straight plastic, for $130 I figured it would be metal or some metal-ish material...I know thats not a word, but you get what I mean

[quote name='zewone']
Also, the name of the "Samurai" armor is called Hayabusa. Named after Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa.

I guess this is how Bungie gives big ups back to Team Ninja for including a Spartan in DOA4.[/QUOTE]

makes sense since the headcrest is the same as ryu's...

I'm guessing it's going to be a very popular armor online... >_

[quote name='rishid']I just emailed LionGames, hopefully he will be able to switch my game to regular edition. I hate dealing with stupid stuff like this, after I waited years for Halo 3. Trying to get a new disc w/o a problem from Lion Games or Microsoft seems like it could take weeks.[/quote]

i emailed lion also but tony said if my disc was scratched hed sent a replacement

[quote name='62t']As long as the game works it shouldnt be a problem. Eventually you can get the game new for like $10[/quote]

Ah but therein lies a problem. Even if the standard edition goes down to $9.99, most of us here are collector's to degree, so even if they bought a $9.99 standard to place in their collector's case, the standard has different disc art than the collector's edition.

[quote name='KingBroly']So, the question now is how many people BOUGHT the Collector's Edition. Either way, it just makes Microsoft look BAD. They just cannot catch a break.[/quote]

A lot of people are goingto buy the collectors edition and MS is going to get a lot of calls. Not that they dont get a lot of calls already :p Oh Snap!

That sucks I got this game on friday, matchmaking was down by the time I started playing, that's lame. It is afterall the only thing I'm intersted in. The singleplayer is as average as it's always been.

[quote name='help1']Just played a ton of Customs. I still rape! This game is gorgeous too![/quote]

so you like to Forcefully Stick your Penis in peoples orpheuses

Do you Rape Men?(Gay)

Or Rape Women?(piece of Shit)

[quote name='PINKO']so you like to Forcefully Stick your Penis in peoples orpheuses

Do you Rape Men?(Gay)

Or Rape Women?(piece of Shit)[/quote]

Nioce.

[quote name='help1']May I ask how you did that? None of my photos uploaded to bungie.net.[/quote]

Did you uploaded them via file share

I'm debating whether or not I want to try my luck, or just switch to the basic edition.

Damn this sucks and I have a CE currently in the mail from Bestbuy.coms 4.99 points deal. I can already here it rattling around inside.... Why do they insist on using craptastic disc holders on most of the collectors editions cheap bastards.

I'm sure this has been asked already, but I couldn't find it...

Anyway:

For those of you who already have it, are you able to unlock Achievements?

I ask because there are no Achievements listed on Xbox.com, and I was wondering if Microsoft locked them until the 25th, or something weird.

[quote name='Brak']I'm sure this has been asked already, but I couldn't find it...

Anyway:

I ask because there are no Achievements listed on Xbox.com, and I was wondering if Microsoft locked them until the 25th, or something weird.[/QUOTE]

Just eyeing LinkinPrimes gamercard in his sig it seems you can.

Hey, for the people in this thread who say " as long as it plays I'm happy", what the hell is wrong with you?

This is from a community who won't buy new games from gamestop because they're not wrapped. You are getting fucked, don't just sit there and take it.

[quote name='Brak']I'm sure this has been asked already, but I couldn't find it...

Anyway:

I ask because there are no Achievements listed on Xbox.com, and I was wondering if Microsoft locked them until the 25th, or something weird.[/quote]
Yes you can unlock achievements but they wont display on xbox live. The achievements don't have spoilers at all, I don't see why they're censoring them.

If they made them llike the doom 3 LE Case then they would be fine... But that would be "Too expensive" Now wouldn't it?

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Hey, for the people in this thread who say " as long as it plays I'm happy", what the hell is wrong with you?

This is from a community who won't buy new games from gamestop because they're not wrapped. You are getting fucked, don't just sit there and take it.[/quote]

If it plays, that's all i care about...for a week or so. I know i paid for new and that is what i am going to get. But no way in hell i am going to send MS my discs if they work when it is one of the biggest games coming out ever. I'll play and enjoy the game for a week or so and THEN call MS and demand they send replacements.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i emailed lion also but tony said if my disc was scratched hed sent a replacement[/quote]

Thanks, that works for me.

This is the second review I've found on the net - http://savingprogress.com/halo-3/

It's an "A"

Halo 3 is a triumph for Bungie. The game exudes so much quality from every facet of the design that it is nothing but groundbreaking. Featuring a mind-blowing campaign, a satisfying ending, and a cavalcade of impressive multiplayer options and longevity, Halo 3 will satisfy fans of the series and gamers alike in every possible way. This game is a truly remarkable achievement and a showcase for the Xbox 360. Halo 3 is exceptional in nearly every regard and is the conclusion to the trilogy that the first two games deserved.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Damn, both 7-11's near me didn't have it in stock :([/QUOTE]
Same here. The guys working there when I asked were both shocked at my question and looked at me like I was crazy...
For anyone that beat the single player, around how long is it?

[quote name='DomLando']Same here. The guys working there when I asked were both shocked at my question and looked at me like I was crazy...
For anyone that beat the single player, around how long is it?[/quote]

Me and zoo beat it coop on Heroic in about 5 hours. It was really good though and is much improved from H2's campaign.

Yeah, Brak, you can unlock achievements.

[quote name='Trakan']Me and zoo beat it coop on Heroic in about 5 hours. It was really good though and is much improved from H2's campaign.

Yeah, Brak, you can unlock achievements.[/QUOTE]
Wow that seems very short though.

[quote name='Trakan']Me and zoo beat it coop on Heroic in about 5 hours. It was really good though and is much improved from H2's campaign.

Yeah, Brak, you can unlock achievements.[/quote]

Geez two people in 5 hours? I wonder how long it'll take to beat it with 4..

[quote name='DomLando']Wow that seems very short though.[/QUOTE]
If you play the meta-game or go after skulls or just feel like playing again, you'll got through the campaign many times.

It has a very high replay value.

[quote name='zewone']If you play the meta-game or go after skulls or just feel like playing again, you'll got through the campaign many times.

It has a very high replay value.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, 5 seems a little short. Then again you guys are a lot better then me, so it will probably take me around 7 or so.

Could be. Firefights could last longer depending on difficulty. Playing alone means you'd have to hold back a bit more and use more tactics to win. With co-op, since you both respawn you can charge in a bit more.

However, 5 hours is pretty short, up on the level of Heavenly Sword kind of short. The saving grace is the multiplayer, which I'm not sure I'll enjoy since I don't like deathmatch variants no matter how tweaked they are.

As long as it has Gears of War length, I'll be very satisfied. Besides, 4-player co-op on Legendary must be Godlike and will add a lot of replay value to the Campaign.

bread's done
Back