Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

Here's what my guy currently looks like:
playermodelashxsy1.jpg

Wish that there was a listing on how many armors and how to get them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's what my guy currently looks like:
playermodelashxsy1.jpg

Wish that there was a listing on how many armors and how to get them.[/QUOTE]

Here ya go, the only one missing is the Hayabusa armor (which you unlock by finding all the skulls):

Body Pieces
Spartan
EVA.................Complete Tsavo Highway on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
EOD.................Complete Tsavo Highway on Legendary
Scout...............Unlock "Too Close to the Sun" Achievement (Destroy an enemy banshee with the Sp'laser or missile pod in a ranked playlist or campaign)
Elite
Flight...............Complete Tsavo Highway on Heroic or Legendary
Ascetic............Unlock "Up Close and Personal" Achievement (Kill 5 enemies via melee or assassination in a ranked FFA playlist)
Commando....Unlock "Triple Kill" Achievement (Get one triple kill)

Shoulder Pieces
Spartan
EVA.................Complete The Ark on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
EOD................Complete The Ark on Legendary
Security..........Earn 750 Gamerscore Points
Scout...............Unlock "We're in for some Chop" Achievement (Destroy an enemy vehicle with a piece of equipment in a ranked playlist or campaign)
Elite
Flight...............Complete The Ark on Heroic or Legendary
Ascetic............Unlock "Overkill" Achievement (Get one overkill)
Commando....Unlock "Killing Frenzy" Achievement (Get one killing frenzy)

Head Pieces
Spartan
EVA.................Complete Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
EOD.................Complete Campaign on Legendary
Security...........Earn 1,000 Gamerscore Points
Scout................Unlock "Used Car Salesman" Achievement (Destroy an enemy vehicle containing 3 enemies in Campaign or ranked playlists)
Mark V.............Unlock "UNSC Spartan" Achievement (Reach Sergeant ranking online)
ODST...............Unlock "Spartan Graduate" Achievement (Earn 5 EXP or complete 10 ranked matches)
Rogue.............Unlock "Spartan Officer" Achievement (Advance to the Spartan Officer ranks online)
Elite
Flight...............Complete Campaign on Heroic or Legendary
Ascetic.............Unlock "Steppin' Razor" Achievement (Get one triple kill with an energy sword in ranked FFA)
Commando....Unlock "Overkill" Achievement (Get one overkill)

[quote name='zewone']Here ya go, the only one missing is the Hayabusa armor (which you unlock by finding all the skulls):

Body Pieces
Spartan
Scout...............Unlock "Too Close to the Sun" Achievement (Destroy an enemy banshee with the Sp'laser or missile pod in a ranked playlist or campaign)
Elite
Ascetic............Unlock "Up Close and Personal" Achievement (Kill 5 enemies via melee or assassination in a ranked FFA playlist)

Shoulder Pieces
Spartan
Scout...............Unlock "We're in for some Chop" Achievement (Destroy an enemy vehicle with a piece of equipment in a ranked playlist or campaign)
Elite

Head Pieces
Spartan
Scout................Unlock "Used Car Salesman" Achievement (Destroy an enemy vehicle containing 3 enemies in Campaign or ranked playlists)
Mark V.............Unlock "UNSC Spartan" Achievement (Reach Sergeant ranking online)
ODST...............Unlock "Spartan Graduate" Achievement (Earn 5 EXP or complete 10 ranked matches)
Rogue.............Unlock "Spartan Officer" Achievement (Advance to the Spartan Officer ranks online)
Elite
Ascetic.............Unlock "Steppin' Razor" Achievement (Get one triple kill with an energy sword in ranked FFA)
Commando....Unlock "Overkill" Achievement (Get one overkill)[/quote]

Thanks Zewone, you're a badass! I'll add these to the OP.

[quote name='zewone']Here ya go, the only one missing is the Hayabusa armor (which you unlock by finding all the skulls):

Body Pieces
Spartan
Elite

Shoulder Pieces
Spartan
Elite

Head Pieces
Spartan
Elite
Commando....Unlock "Overkill" Achievement (Get one overkill)[/quote]

So if armor parts are not listed there (such as samari sp?) I guess it's already unlocked?

[quote name='nikelecious91']So if armor parts are not listed there (such as samari sp?) I guess it's already unlocked?[/QUOTE]
It's not called Samurai, it's called Hayabusa. You unlock that when you find all the skulls.
And yes, besides that, they're unlocked.

[quote name='dafoomie']I haven't preordered, where is my best bet for getting a copy at midnight besides Walmart?[/quote]

Probobly anywhere...I remember with Halo 2, I didn't have a preorder and I stopped by at midnight and got a CE I was in an out faster than the people who preordered it since their names had to be looked up and crossed out.

The world famous Vanilla Gorilla will be online sometime later tonight with the game (after midnight central time, obviously). Too bad I won't have a headset until this weekend...

So, add me to your XBL friends list, GT is Pierre LaFoon

There's an easter egg on the second level
On the second level after you board the ship...as you exit the tunnels go right all the way to the dead end...you'll see a guy knocking on the door, they seem to say different stuff, not sure if it depends on the difficulty or just random...Anyway, there's this guy knocking on the door:

Guy outside: Let me in
Guy inside: Whats the password
Guy ouside: What password
Guy inside: it was given out at today's meeting
Guy outside: if it was given out today how come I didn't know about it
Guy inside: I dunno
Guy outside: Come on, the chief is here
Guy inside: does he have the password?

That's pretty much it, its pretty hilarious....later on in the level they both end up dead....

Anyone notice that?

What is the thread going to be titled the day after tomorrow?

I'm guessing tomorrow you'll have it say "finish the fight today" and then what?

Maybe you should put "Finish the fight yesterday"

[quote name='whoknows']What is the thread going to be titled the day after tomorrow?

I'm guessing tomorrow you'll have it say "finish the fight today" and then what?

Maybe you should put "Finish the fight yesterday"[/quote]Or maybe just "General Discussion"? Weird, eh?

[quote name='daroga']Or maybe just "General Discussion"? Weird, eh?[/QUOTE]
Maybe in that crazy land you come from that would work, but this is America and that just isn't good enough.

Im kinda angry you have to unlock armors, but i guess in a sence it makes it all the mor rewarding to be wearing what you have on.

7HRS TIL LAUNCH

[quote name='whoknows']Maybe in that crazy land you come from that would work, but this is America and that just isn't good enough.[/quote]:cry:

[quote name='MemphisGun']Im kinda angry you have to unlock armors, but i guess in a sence it makes it all the mor rewarding to be wearing what you have on.[/QUOTE]
It's a good system (coming from someone who will never be able to unlock them all). The armor doesn't have a functional difference to gameplay, but it's like an Achievement that is immediately obvious.

[quote name='jughead']That was badass. If thats the way a live-action film would be, I would love it.[/quote]

Definitely. Though i'm sure there will be fancy special affects and such for the official movie.

I got my email saying it'll be ready to pickup tomorrow from Best Buy. The email asys about 3 times not to try to pick it up before 9/25. Part of me really want to go there today and just be the biggest moron on the planet and demand my HALOZ!

[quote name='saddamizer']Can each armor type be customized further? Obviously colors can be changed, but anything else?[/QUOTE]
You can mix and match armor from different sets. That's about it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There's an easter egg on the second level
On the second level after you board the ship...as you exit the tunnels go right all the way to the dead end...you'll see a guy knocking on the door, they seem to say different stuff, not sure if it depends on the difficulty or just random...Anyway, there's this guy knocking on the door:

Guy outside: Let me in
Guy inside: Whats the password
Guy ouside: What password
Guy inside: it was given out at today's meeting
Guy outside: if it was given out today how come I didn't know about it
Guy inside: I dunno
Guy outside: Come on, the chief is here
Guy inside: does he have the password?

That's pretty much it, its pretty hilarious....later on in the level they both end up dead....

Anyone notice that?[/quote]
I found that too, but it was a tad bit different. More along the lines of
"How do i know you aren't a brute?"
"Can't you hear me, I'm not a brute"
"How do we know you aren't captured by the brutes?"
"I'm not captured by the brutes"
"Then whats the password?"
"I forget it! Let me in!"
"Why don't you ask your brute friends the password?"

I wish someone would tell me HOW, oh how campaign co-op works. Like also including how to invite 2 people on a split-screen (because it's supposedly possible).

[quote name='drbutchevil']
I found that too, but it was a tad bit different. More along the lines of
"How do i know you aren't a brute?"
"Can't you hear me, I'm not a brute"
"How do we know you aren't captured by the brutes?"
"I'm not captured by the brutes"
"Then whats the password?"
"I forget it! Let me in!"
"Why don't you ask your brute friends the password?"
[/quote]
Awesome! I wonder how many more funny random stuff in in here.

[quote name='KingBroly']I wish someone would tell me HOW, oh how campaign co-op works. Like also including how to invite 2 people on a split-screen (because it's supposedly possible).[/quote]

You start at the lobby, choose the gametype and level...send and invite to your friend(s), wait for friend(s) to join lobby, wait for map to load, play!

So today is my birthday. My sister proceeds to hand me a receipt for a paid in full preorder of the Legendary edition. Problem being I don't really like Halo... Of course I can't just say "Horrible gift!" I know she meant well. She only knows I like games, not which ones.

So I'll probably play through the campaign, and then ebay it.

anybody having problems with there BB preorder it says it was shipped but i tracked it and says details aare coming l8ter i better not get fuckED by BB OMFG this is pissing me the fuck off

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']So today is my birthday. My sister proceeds to hand me a receipt for a paid in full preorder of the Legendary edition. Problem being I don't really like Halo... Of course I can't just say "Horrible gift!" I know she meant well. She only knows I like games, not which ones.

So I'll probably play through the campaign, and then ebay it.[/quote]

Hell I'd eBay it brand new and just rent a copy of it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']So today is my birthday. My sister proceeds to hand me a receipt for a paid in full preorder of the Legendary edition. Problem being I don't really like Halo... Of course I can't just say "Horrible gift!" I know she meant well. She only knows I like games, not which ones.

So I'll probably play through the campaign, and then ebay it.[/quote]

IMO, it is kind of an ass thing to ebay a gift, especially considering that your sister even went to the trouble of buying the top-of-the-line $130 edition of one of the most popular games coming out this year.

what are the chances that within 30 days, someone like CC or target will have a temp price drop? like 10 dollars off? Or will this game be 60 dollars for the next 2 years :whistle2:|

I know this has probably been asked millions of times before but im gonnna ask anyway cause I cant find a topic about it. Is there a cag clan for halo 3?

[quote name='ITDEFX']what are the chances that within 30 days, someone like CC or target will have a temp price drop? like 10 dollars off? Or will this game be 60 dollars for the next 2 years :whistle2:|[/quote]

Very unlikely considering that Halo 2 is still $30.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']I know this has probably been asked millions of times before but im gonnna ask anyway cause I cant find a topic about it. Is there a cag clan for halo 3?[/QUOTE]

I know it took forever for a Halo: CE pricedrop, but Halo 2 went on the cheap signifigantly faster. Sorry if that doesn't help much.

[quote name='Danil ACE']IMO, it is kind of an ass thing to ebay a gift, especially considering that your sister even went to the trouble of buying the top-of-the-line $130 edition of one of the most popular games coming out this year. PICS?[/quote] ;)

[quote name='Danil ACE']IMO, it is kind of an ass thing to ebay a gift, especially considering that your sister even went to the trouble of buying the top-of-the-line $130 edition of one of the most popular games coming out this year.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's my problem. I feel bad about doing that. I'll just hang onto it unless there's a massive jump in price.

So Halo 3 is on it's way via Gamefly...most likely keep it for my brother.

Best Buy order is ready tomorrow...will most likely play it tomorrow night.

And still pondering if I should buy the legendary edition (reserved for almost 7 months) @ Midnight

[quote name='Danil ACE']Very unlikely considering that Halo 2 is still $30.[/QUOTE]

are you telling me this game won't reach GH status within 3 months? Isn't there a requirement like if it sells 1 million unit then bam, it gets GH status.

I'm just also wondering if a store will give something free later on with it, but I'm dreaming huh?

According to the CSR at my local best buy, they have 6000 units ready for tomorrow and not worried about not having enough.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']I know this has probably been asked millions of times before but im gonnna ask anyway cause I cant find a topic about it. Is there a cag clan for halo 3?[/quote]

There's no clan support...You can try here and see if you can get in some games with CAG's but for the next few weeks I'm sure that 90% or more of your friends list will be on Halo 3 so you should have no problems.

I want to play tonight, but have it preordered from Best Buy (no midnight openings in my area) from the $5 1600 MS point deal.

I have been tossing around the idea of going to Wal-Mart tonight and picking up the game, then returning my Best Buy copy to Wal-Mart after I pick it up tomorrow. Will Wal-Mart give me a full refund for the unopened game from Best Buy, or is this a bad idea? Anybody have any experience doing crazy things like this? ;)

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']I want to play tonight, but have it preordered from Best Buy (no midnight openings in my area) from the $5 1600 MS point deal.

I have been tossing around the idea of going to Wal-Mart tonight and picking up the game, then returning my Best Buy copy to Wal-Mart after I pick it up tomorrow. Will Wal-Mart give me a full refund for the unopened game from Best Buy, or is this a bad idea? Anybody have any experience doing crazy things like this? ;)[/quote]
Keep your receipt and you are good to go. I do this all the time when online places offer good deals on preorders. I was planning on doing the same thing but since I gotta be at work at 7am I think i'm gonna skip the midnight launch. UNLESS I go to bed now and wake up at 12...:cool:

[quote name='jughead']That was badass. If thats the way a live-action film would be, I would love it.[/quote]

Neil Blomkamp (spelling, I'm sure.) directed the shorts too, so I'm sure it will be very close. Last I knew he was standing to direct if they make the movie, correct?

[quote name='ITDEFX']are you telling me this game won't reach GH status within 3 months? Isn't there a requirement like if it sells 1 million unit then bam, it gets GH status.

I'm just also wondering if a store will give something free later on with it, but I'm dreaming huh?

According to the CSR at my local best buy, they have 6000 units ready for tomorrow and not worried about not having enough.[/quote]

Halo 2 sold 2.4 million copies alone on the first day it was out. I'm sure it sold quite a bit more in addition to the 2.4 million day 1 copies in the 3 years that it has been out.

Yet, it is still not a $20 Platinum Hits title. :whistle2:s

So, I wouldn't count on Halo 3 dropping in price until at least Halo 4 (you know there will be one) comes out.

bread's done
Back