Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='JDUB X']Whats weird was Halo 3 itself is working fine online.

Everything other than gameplay is completely messed up. All Gamercard features, Marketplace, MyGamercard.net, Even Majornelson has ceased to work but Halo 3 Online gameplay keeps on trucking.[/QUOTE]
It's like Star Trek. They shut down the ship and rerouted all the power to the engines. Or in this case, the Halo servers.

[quote name='Kendal']I have an extra one coming, if you don't mind paying for shipping+cost of game.[/quote]

Whats that "film" game on your Gamercard?

it wont let me play ranked online games on unranked. it says its becuase i dont have gold, but doesnt everyone have 3 days free gold?

Just got home with my copy. I won't be able to play until after my workout, but I'll probably be online all night after that. :)

Add me if you want- MattYoung.

Well, in Microsoft's case, there's Gold, and then there's "Gold". You have the former for now. Try unranked or co-op and you should be fine.

It's official. Here's a quote from Microsoft.com when trying to access my profile:
"The page you tried is unavailable.
ALERT: Due to high traffic related to the launch of Halo 3, some site features may be experiencing load difficulties. Please try again later."

Considering they TRIPLED the server size because of this game, that's not very encouraging.

[quote name='wwe101']how do you get the 3 free live days?[/quote]

It should be automatic, no need to do anything, just sign on and play some live games.

This is awesome, but I have a question/worry. My friend hosted a multiplayer capmpaign for the two of us on Heroic. We got through the fifth mission, and got pretty deep into the sixth mission, however he had to leave. So I ask, when we start playing again tomorrow, will we be able to started from our last checkpoint, or am I going to have to find the Chartogropher again? Plus, can I start from any mission in single player that we got to,even though it was with co-op?

[quote name='mrcheapo11']This is awesome, but I have a question/worry. My friend hosted a multiplayer capmpaign for the two of us on Heroic. We got through the fifth mission, and got pretty deep into the sixth mission, however he had to leave. So I ask, when we start playing again tomorrow, will we be able to started from our last checkpoint, or am I going to have to find the Chartogropher again? Plus, can I start from any mission in single player that we got to,even though it was with co-op?[/quote]

I believe you will have to start the mission over. It only lets you choose checkpoints if you beat the game.

I opened up my Legendary today, man its fucking beautiful...Love the packaging that thing is huge, its not a cat helmet, its more like a little kid. Also, there's 3 themes and about 15 gamerpics, from Halo 3, Red vs Blue, and I forgot what the other was called but its Halo related, ofcourse the good ones are the Halo 3 ones.

[quote name='whoknows']We should get a CAG game going tonight sometime.[/QUOTE]
Only if you aren't there.

[quote name='twen']Because the game is full of bugs. Welcome to "Halo 2: Tournament Edition".[/quote]You can stop trolling this thread any time now. Thanks, buh-bye.

I'll be on in about 30 minutes to an hour. Hit me up...zewone, brak, trakan, anybody.

I want to know what the Live standings will be this weak after this kills every other game out (maybe the exception being CoD3 since everyone has said they're going to stay on until 4 is out.)

[quote name='daroga']You can stop trolling this thread any time now. Thanks, buh-bye.[/QUOTE]

You can shut up and go back to your nagging wife any time now. Thanks, buh-bye.

I must say this game is a LOT of fun. The developers did an AMAZING job this time around.

I traded in about 10 shitty games and got 26 dollars in credit and another 25 bonus for turning in 9 so I paid 20 bucks for the 2 disc edition!

I think it was a great trade off, even though I got like an average of 2 dollars per game. :( but that bonus trade in was better then anything BB or EB has at this time.

i have a question for anyone who's finished the campaign. i have but there's something confusing me. because the answer to this is potentially a spoiler, PLEASE either PM me or just reply in some way as un-spoilerish as possible like "that's in the 3rd mission" or something along those lines.

so i thought the whole 'believe' marketing campaign with the diorama stuff was supposed to reference a specific battle in the human/covenant war and i could have sworn that i read somewhere that that battle would actually be played out in the game itself. which mission was this?

thanx in advance for any answers!!

man, for me, the loads to get into matchmaking games are soooooo slow. Also, the graphics are so amazing in this game. Probably one of the best i've seen

[quote name='twen']You can shut up and go back to your nagging wife any time now. Thanks, buh-bye.[/quote]Good one man! *high-5*!

Seriously, please stop thread crapping in here so those of us who want to talk about the game can. Berating a game for online related "bugs" whose sheer numbers are bringing the entire Xbox Live infrastructure to its knees at the moment doesn't make a lick of sense.

i could only bring myself to play half a hour today, and its the 1st time I have played it. I didnt have to do anything, i just didnt give a shit about playing it. good game though

[quote name='twen']You can shut up and go back to your nagging wife any time now. Thanks, buh-bye.[/quote]

Seriously, you're being disrespectful and a real douche. Please stop trolling...eh...fuck it, ignore:D

[quote name='slickkill77']Hmm i didnt get the achievement for getting 10 kills in a row w/o dieing and yet it shows that i have the medal on bungie.net[/QUOTE]
Were you playing Lone Wolves?

If so, is the compression as bad as IGN says? I bought it out of fear they'd sell out which they are obviously never going to until a few months from now, but now that I've heard that the compression is bad on the bonus disc is kind of defeats the point of it being "special" in the first place.

How do you earn exp in the game during the multiplayer ? I have 2 exp total and have just started playing. Not sure how I got them and haven't been able to get anymore either.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']How do you earn exp in the game during the multiplayer ? I have 2 exp total and have just started playing. Not sure how I got them and haven't been able to get anymore either.[/QUOTE]
You have to win.

[quote name='twen']Because the game is full of bugs. Welcome to "Halo 2: Tournament Edition".[/QUOTE]

yea i didnt give me the achievement for passing level 3, i got stuck in a collumn durning a slayer match, mongoose got stuck multiple times, the ally AI kept on drving in circles when i was on the back seat :rofl:

[quote name='mrcheapo11']This is awesome, but I have a question/worry. My friend hosted a multiplayer capmpaign for the two of us on Heroic. We got through the fifth mission, and got pretty deep into the sixth mission, however he had to leave. So I ask, when we start playing again tomorrow, will we be able to started from our last checkpoint, or am I going to have to find the Chartogropher again? Plus, can I start from any mission in single player that we got to,even though it was with co-op?[/QUOTE]

Ha. I bet Kendal and I are on the same spot right now. We were almost done with act six, but he had to get to bed so we stopped. Have to start over tomorrow I guess. It's pretty entertaining so I don't mind.

[quote name='zewone']You have to win.[/quote]

I thought that would be the case, but I got 1 exp from the first match where I was third, and then 1 exp from the second match which I won. So I am sitting at 2 exp total with only one win.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I thought that would be the case, but I got 1 exp from the first match where I was third, and then 1 exp from the second match which I won. So I am sitting at 2 exp total with only one win.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it depends on the playlist and the amount of people.

For Lone Wolves, you need to place in the top 3 if there is 5 people, top 2 if there is 4 players.

For team playlists, your team needs to win.

I'm in I think chapter 7 so if I start a co-op game would i have to start all over, or if the other person is in that same chapter can we both play from then on out?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Anyone want to play some co-op add and invite me. I'm just playing some team games in at the moment.[/QUOTE]

i will if you want but i dont have a mic right now. CAG should get some 4 player co-op games going some time in the next few days.

[quote name='sendme']i will if you want but i dont have a mic right now. CAG should get some 4 player co-op games going some time in the next few days.[/QUOTE]
If I can find my headset I'll join you two. That'll make it 3 ;)

Also I have been playing all day so if i end up droping out its due to my controler going dead and no extra batteries.

Holy shit dude...Legendary is...well, legendarily fuck ing hard! My friend and I were stuck on Tsavo Highway for nearly an hour and a half, I can't imagine how the later levels will be.

Also, I completed the game on Easy earlier, though I am confused at the ending, *ENDING SPOILERS*
how exactly does MC die? It shows him climb safely back up in front of that thing when the ship is going into space, yet he dies, and the Arbiter, who was also on the ship, lives? And I thought he was going to finally show his face....guess not.

bread's done
Back