Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn, that sucks, guess everyone and their momma are trying to play this gametype. Last night at 12am PT I got in on 2 matches and it pretty damn quick.[/quote]

I hope they jsut add this to one of the social playlists. Its great for mindless late night play.

[quote name='help1']I hope they jsut add this to one of the social playlists. Its great for mindless late night play.[/quote]

Hell yes! That'd be awesome!

My first game took like five minutes to find. After that I hit leveled up to 2 and have been getting them pretty much instantly since then. Going in solo of course.

[quote name='AshesofWake']looks like if you buddy up with someone, it takes fucking forever to find a game, fucking bullshit[/quote]

Yeah when I was a 1 and my friend was a 3, we couldn't find shit. When we evened out at 4, we finally started finding matches. But then he leveled up to a 5 and it was over.

i do enjoy the save one bullet, but anything with creeping in the title, especially on certain levels, is insanely hard to survive as a human, it's like the cloaking is even harder to see than it was before, i've come close to the steppin' razor achievement like 3 times now, and every time i've gotten the double, some a-hole comes along and kills the 3rd guy before i get a chance, i get off at midnight so i'll still have a couple hours when i get home to keep tryin for this one.

LOL i love this playlist :lol:
was playin zombzibar on save one bullet
2nd round i get the inviso and i get steppin razor cuz everyone was lined up in that one long path by the base
3rd round everyone is there again i get inviso and proceed to get an overkill then kill off near the whole team to the point of last man standing

I like these options alot. Its always nice to gt some different types of games that require new strategies. They are always welcome additions to the playlist, in my book. I played about 7-8 games and got the Steppin Razor and Double kill with the laser achievement too, which I probably never would get in regular matches.

One problem I did have was that everyone seems to HATE the modes that are not Save One Bullet. Everytime there was a Creeping Death or Creeping Rockets game type one guy would complain and tell everyone else to veto and everyone followed like sheep. I'd at least like to try those out.

must at least get steppin razor, can't give up until 3:01 tonight, have to get it, the laser one doesn't seem nearly as hard to get. My buddy got it pretty easily, luckily, but easily.

steppin razor and overkill were ridiculously easy for me at least
just have to get lucky if theyre all grouped it...and its save one bullet...and u get invisiblity as a zombie :D

[quote name='AshesofWake']looks like if you buddy up with someone, it takes fucking forever to find a game, fucking bullshit[/quote]

So true. Tried for nearly 20 minutes to find a game with another player, to no avail.

One person games were much easier to find.

In case you havent played it yet, here what your missing...

"Nuuuuu Zombie"
"Nuuuuu Zombie"
"Nuuuuu Zombie"
"Nuuuuu Zombie"
"Nuuuuu Zombie"

Other than that its pretty fun. Im actually about to go up a rank tonight just from playing this.

please stop
go out on a date or something

Sorry, this mode is for Zombies, not Trolls. Im afraid you cant play.

[quote name='microbim']please stop
go out on a date or something[/quote]

ooohh burn. congratulations, you've just posted the most original thing in forum history, this will go on the record books for centuries to come, all hail microbim.

There was definitely a problem finding a match in Infection with multiple people. And somehow, someway Bungie managed to screw this one up with bad respawn points and uneven maps. It's basically impossible to get any achievements still. No bonuses for last man standing, no double shot with Spartan Lasers, nothing.

At least me and my friend managed to get the Boarding Achievement outside of Infection tonight. If they add Infection to matchmaking, it better be fixed from what I saw tonight.

I haven’t played Halo 3 in about a week and tonight I was just way too tired to go to a party so I decided to stay in; ended up checking the CAG forums and thank goodness I did, just picked up the Spartan Laser achievement.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I haven’t played Halo 3 in about a week and tonight I was just way too tired to go to a party so I decided to stay in; ended up checking the CAG forums and thank goodness I did, just picked up the Spartan Laser achievement. [/quote]

I just got that acheivement as well. :D

[quote name='Nelo Ice']damn u all with the 2 for 1 achivement :cry:[/quote]

Just keep trying, you have 3.5 hours left. It wasnt easy for me, I played for a good 4 hours or more tonight before I got it.

Alternately, you can get together with some of your teammates and get it the easy way if they all agree. Almost every match I was in tonight started off with that conversation.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']damn u all with the 2 for 1 achivement :cry:[/QUOTE]

I got it twice during my 3 hour play session, but I already had the achievement. It's just one of those things that haunt you, but you'll get it.

[quote name='KingBroly']There was definitely a problem finding a match in Infection with multiple people. And somehow, someway Bungie managed to screw this one up with bad respawn points and uneven maps. It's basically impossible to get any achievements still. No bonuses for last man standing, no double shot with Spartan Lasers, nothing.

At least me and my friend managed to get the Boarding Achievement outside of Infection tonight. If they add Infection to matchmaking, it better be fixed from what I saw tonight.[/quote]

Once I hit level 7, I was teamed with higher people just about every game but I didn't play too many more games after I hit 7. Not that it matters much anymore since the gametype is gone.

And yeah, I had trouble getting any achievements too. Was pretty much stuck in games with a bunch of Majors and higher all the time who were generally pretty strategic and good with shotties. I managed to get a bunch of double kills but someone always managed to get you before you get the triple kill assuming there was a third person nearby. Though I did manage to get the 2 for 1 laser kill twice due to some decent luck.

...Every single game ended before the time ran out too. One game was close where I was a human and we had like three others but they managed to just barely finish it with 15 seconds on the round clock. No other games I was in even came remotely close except for two where people went to spots that shouldn't be accessable in The Pit & Narrows.

EDIT: Meh. Put something else the exact opposite of what I ment.

I finally got to play the Creeping Death and Creeping Rockets game types only because people kept vetoing these game types and one time someone vetoed CD and CR was the new game-type. I actually liked these two modes getting thrown in there with Save One Bullet. Its definitely very chaotic with the zombies invisible and leads to alot of betrayals but I had fun with it. Overall I really enjoyed this offering from Bungie and I hope they do this type of thing again.

Also, I didn't have any of the problems others had with the slow matchmaking or being unable to find a game. The speed was pretty much the same as standard matchmaking. Guess I got lucky.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I finally got to play the Creeping Death and Creeping Rockets game types only because people kept vetoing these game types and one time someone vetoed CD and CR was the new game-type. I actually liked these two modes getting thrown in there with Save One Bullet. Its definitely very chaotic with the zombies invisible and leads to alot of betrayals but I had fun with it. Overall I really enjoyed this offering from Bungie and I hope they do this type of thing again.

Also, I didn't have any of the problems others had with the slow matchmaking or being unable to find a game. The speed was pretty much the same as standard matchmaking. Guess I got lucky.[/QUOTE]

Most of the problems stemmed from people with more than 1 person in their party trying to find a match.

[quote name='microbim']please stop
go out on a date or something[/quote]
jackie7lp.png

i didn't have any issues with partying up on the dead lists until i only had 2 people in my party, 4 people went as smooth as 1 person, it was wierd, only got the maybe next time buddy, but it was only because i found a group of people farming it, and even though i really don't like doing that, i figured what the hell, now all i have left is the steppin razor (still) and the laser 2 for 1 (still) for my mp achievements, then a few more campaign ones and i got em all.

I beat the campaign. The end was meh. I think I enjoyed the first 7 chapters of this, and then it really got pretty lame.

Halo 1 & Halo 3 Spoiler:
I had the same argument about Halo 1 when the Flood showed up though, I hated those parts. Chapter 8 sucked... badly. I did not enjoy a single second of it.

All and all though, the first 3/4 of the campaign was well-done, and I'll play through it again, probably try to get the 1000/1000 eventually.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Man, the black bars on the sides during split screen coop are damned annoying. :bomb:[/quote]
yea, I know what you mean

Hey Halo 3 Gen. Discussion.

Just thought I'd pop in and tell you I beat Halo 3 last night. I played through every mission on Legendary Co-op and got the most acheivment points at one time I ever have before. A whopping 4 for 425!.

I have to admit though, b/c I played co-op and some of my squad had played through before, I skipped almost every cut scene. On my playthough on single player do you think its worth watching them? How good is the story?

[quote name='lordwow']I beat the campaign. The end was meh. I think I enjoyed the first 7 chapters of this, and then it really got pretty lame.

Halo 1 & Halo 3 Spoiler:
I had the same argument about Halo 1 when the Flood showed up though, I hated those parts. Chapter 8 sucked... badly. I did not enjoy a single second of it.

All and all though, the first 3/4 of the campaign was well-done, and I'll play through it again, probably try to get the 1000/1000 eventually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I stopped playing halfway through 8 co-op and picked it up later from one of the check points and missed the achievement for completing the level and therfore completing the game. But I really hated that level.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Man, the black bars on the sides during split screen coop are damned annoying. :bomb:[/quote]

fuck no...I'll take the bars any day vs. having to change my resolution to 480p stretched like I did when I played Halo 2.

i've slowed it up a bit, just got guitar hero 3 and it's my first time playing guitar hero, im digging it hard, its fun, just gotta get my pinky trained, saving the co-op legendary and meta points for the weekends when my buddy and i can play at the same time.

Does anyone else here at cag play alot of Halo 3? I do, I am at 295xp/lvl 43 and wondered if anyone wanted a good competetive teammate. Add me.

Just got my last achievement for the game. The Meta game achievements weren't as bad as I thought, it went pretty smoothly. Now, I guess I raise my rank

http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=Deadmeist3r

Made Gundam(FFA and Team Slayer) and Battle Royale gametypes. Just wish you could go less than 50% gravity and fly around the map for Gundam. Battle Royale can be pretty funny(much like the Japanese movie) when you end up with a crappy weapon like the plasma pistol lol... you do get 3 lives though for that. Also, for Battle Royale, when you respawn, you get to use radar for 5 seconds.

Please give me feedback on what I should put in, what I should take out and so forth. Thanks!

[quote name='Daywalker']Made Gundam(FFA and Team Slayer) and Battle Royale gametypes.
[/QUOTE]
Bookmarking this. I have got to try a game of Battle Royale :D

bread's done
Back