Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What type of gameplay is SWAT? I play slayer 99% of the time.[/quote]

SWAT is team slayer/objective with no shields.

EDIT: Looks like teams are 4 on 4

[quote name='Draekon']SWAT is team slayer/objective with no shields.

EDIT: Looks like teams are 4 on 4[/quote]

Hmm...I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Soooo, when is the old map pack going to become free?[/quote]

My guess is that it will be available on 4/15 when the new Legendary Map Pack releases.

Oh how I've forgotten how much I love SWAT. The only gametype that can put me on edge as it's so easy to die and to hear the screams of the dead shout "Draekon! Draekon!" when enemies are felled. Plus it's nice training for getting better at headshots and avoiding them.

Haven't run into an objective game yet though. Maybe they're not allowing them in this hopper and going Team Slayer only. Seems they've also taken out the radar even for teamates as well as invisibility and overshield. Equipment is still in for bubble shields but those are more of a double edged sword now.

[quote name='crzyboy88']I'm surprised that it's $10 for 3 maps again. I guess it sold well enough to see that it should go for the same price again...[/QUOTE]

From Bungie: "Legendary Map pack – due April 15th for 800 marketplace points (remember, we just make the maps, we don't get to price them)"

I say BS, oh well looks like another $10 is going to Bungie, glad I got all my XBL points free :)

[quote name='wubb']Honestly Team SWAT sounds like everything I didn't enjoy on COD4 to me.[/quote]

Well most people seem to be pretty mediocre or just flat out bad at it. While it's not as good/fun as Halo 2's SWAT hopper, I'm still finding it pretty fun. That game I linked though I was having a field day like never before.

[quote name='Draekon']Well most people seem to be pretty mediocre or just flat out bad at it. While it's not as good/fun as Halo 2's SWAT hopper, I'm still finding it pretty fun. That game I linked though I was having a field day like never before.[/QUOTE]

Holy Moses.

Every game I've played with you, you've cleaned up. I'm sure you could get your skill up in the 40s if you played more Lone Wolves.

[quote name='wubb']I get annoyed with people on my team that decide it's a good idea to run directly in between me and the enemy when we get in a 2+ on 1 shoot out. I do my best to move over and not hit them but at some point (generally if they do it more than once) I stop trying all that hard to move them out of my line of fire.

Had a guy yesterday who did that 3 or 4 times when we were both sitting at the top of a warp point on construct. As soon as somebody warps in he charges in front of me towarrd the guy. Maybe he wanted to get in close to melee to make sure he'd get the kill. :roll:[/quote]

I hate those guys, too. I also hate when I get stuck with higher levels who have boosters that are terrible.

Example: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=389356258&player=F00L%20KILLA

The level 50 brought in a level 8, and the kid when -14. We lost 49-50.

SO CLOSE!

[quote name='wubb']Honestly Team SWAT sounds like everything I didn't enjoy on COD4 to me.[/quote]

i think theres more emphasis on the headshot in halo

[quote name='wubb']Every game I've played with you, you've cleaned up. I'm sure you could get your skill up in the 40s if you played more Lone Wolves.[/quote]

I probably could, but I'm too lazy to do it in FFA. Though I'm still a ways off from how good I was back when I played Halo 3 beta. Maybe I'll get back into the groove now that I have a day or two more of SWAT to push me back into the way I use to play.

[quote name='help1']I hate those guys, too. I also hate when I get stuck with higher levels who have boosters that are terrible.

Example: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=389356258&player=F00L KILLA

The level 50 brought in a level 8, and the kid when -14. We lost 49-50.

SO CLOSE![/quote]

I don't even think boosting works now? I thinks it's based on how well you and your team do seperately. Which makes bringing them in completely pointless as they'd more than likely rank faster going in at their own rank even without a team.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']i think theres more emphasis on the headshot in halo[/quote]

There's definitely an emphasis in Halo on headshots. You kill enemies significantly faster.

I seriously need to start playing this again...but with Oblivion and Mass Effect untouched...it could be awhile.

Also, does this mean the old maps will become free?

[quote name='Nealocus123']I seriously need to start playing this again...but with Oblivion and Mass Effect untouched...it could be awhile.

Also, does this mean the old maps will become free?[/quote]

Yeah, the Heroic map pack was announced to be free in the spring...no official date has been given yet. My guess is that it will be on 4/15

I don't know if I'll start playing Halo 3 again; I'm having to much fun with the Orange Box but I will be DLing the maps for free just so some bean counter somewhere knows that there are people who wait for these things to be free.

I used the Forge for hours on Foundry when I was playing my brothers Xbox but ever since I went back to school I haven't been able to since I didn't pay for the maps! I'm so glad it's going to be free now =D

[quote name='NinjaMajik']That I do believe was Ivory Tower. Excellent map.[/quote]

Yeah that's it. Man if they put that and Lockout in the Legendary pack...forget about it.

Halo 2 all over again. MS would have my $10 without hesitation.

SWAT is alot of fun except when its magnums only..

Thank god its being released on the 25th if this month i need to get my grifballin on.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Yeah that's it. Man if they put that and Lockout in the Legendary pack...forget about it.

Halo 2 all over again. MS would have my $10 without hesitation.[/quote]

MS is trying to maximize profits. I say that this one will have Lockout, Ghosttown and Avalanche and then the next one will have that midship type map, Ascension and ivory tower or something.

I have an idea. Why don't we trade Microsoft/Bungie Isolation and Snowbound for say Ascension and Ivory Tower? Sure, that is like saying trading scrubs for say Chris Bosh and TJ Ford, but one can hope.

Free map pack this Tuesday will get me to play again, at least for a few hours. I need to get my game back from my friend. He bought my old 360 and I lent it to him. I imagine after playing nothing but CoD4 since november, going back to H3 will be a major system shock to me.

Went back to play Team SWAT despite being addicted to Vegas, and wow... SWAT, just like griffball, makes the game enjoyable game. Unfortunately It's also a game type completely ruined by lag thanks to one shot to the head = death.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Man I hope that's real. That's definitely the lift from Lockout.[/quote]

Its not. Frankie from Bungie confirmed the picture to be fake, as it is actually concept art for Lockout in Halo 2.

Not to mention they spelled "Playstation 3" wrong in the top left.

What happened to the Halo 3 multiplayer maps? I mean are we so used to Halo 2 that to us they are just unbeatable? When I made the move from Halo to Halo 2 I didn't miss any Halo maps (maybe snowbound), but the minute I jumped into Halo 3 I instantly hated 80% of the maps. Odd...

[quote name='Nealocus123']What happened to the Halo 3 multiplayer maps? I mean are we so used to Halo 2 that to us they are just unbeatable? When I made the move from Halo to Halo 2 I didn't miss any Halo maps (maybe snowbound), but the minute I jumped into Halo 3 I instantly hated 80% of the maps. Odd...[/QUOTE]

Snowbound is a Halo 3 map...

Halo 1 maps are classic. Hang em High, Chill Out, Damnation, Prisoner...man good times

I like pretty much every Halo 3 map except for maybe Epitaph. I wouldn't mind some more remakes though.

The only other map I don't really like is Guardian. I like the layout of it but I can't stand the default weapon set. It needs more battle rifles.

I think they're trying to counter the Battlefield Beta with this, but still. I'll DL them, but probably not play them until I've tired of BF/R6V2/COD4... so never.

[quote name='lordwow']I think they're trying to counter the Battlefield Beta with this, but still. I'll DL them, but probably not play them until I've tired of BF/R6V2/COD4... so never.[/quote]

Enlighten me on this Battlefield Beta...

[quote name='BackInBlack']do you only read the Halo 3 thread?[/quote]

Halo 3, GTA, Wii board, CoD 4 occasionally, and whatever is on the current topics on the front page.

Free maps may get me back in. I bought the pack but almost no one else I know did. Which is unfortunate cuz I dl'd some cool Goldeneye and H1/H2 map recreations.

bread's done
Back