Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='wubb']WTF!?[/quote]

Calm down. Bungie isn't the type to screw over fans. Besides they still have until 11.59 PM tonight PST.

[quote name='help1']Calm down. Bungie isn't the type to screw over fans. Besides they still have until 11.59 PM tonight PST.[/QUOTE]

You're not the boss of me!

I really should've waited for the Heroic Map pack....I barely played it, but I had points to burn. I may wait on the Legendary map pack now. Hopefully the Heroic gets thrown into rotation now.

[quote name='doubledown']Hopefully the Heroic gets thrown into rotation now.[/QUOTE]

I would assume it will pretty soon right?

Anybody post here if you get one of the Heroic maps on a standard hopper.

[quote name='wubb']I would assume it will pretty soon right?

Anybody post here if you get one of the Heroic maps on a standard hopper.[/quote]

you could always get it on a standard hopper, it was just pretty rare

[quote name='omgu8myrice']you could always get it on a standard hopper, it was just pretty rare[/QUOTE]

So if everybody in that game happened to have the heroic maps it would be one of the potential choices?

Well then it should be definitely be much more frequent now.

[quote name='wubb']So if everybody in that game happened to have the heroic maps it would be one of the potential choices?

Well then it should be definitely be much more frequent now.[/quote]
yes, and it should be more frequent now

darn. ill dl it when i get home from school. would have been nice to have it wait there for me... wat ever im just glad its free. foundry here i come (eventually)

[quote name='anomynous']It has to be like that, because not everybody has the maps. And there were two playlists dedicated to the DLC

And this map pack = win[/quote]

i understand that, but i like playing these maps ranked

fuck yes! Can't wait to go home and download this.

Thank GOD for Lockout, all we need now is Ivory Tower and Midship!

PS: I wonder what they will call the next map pack now that they used up Heroic and Legendary... :p

[quote name='anomynous']Now all that's needed is Ascension, and I would like Headlong[/quote]

Ascension, Ivory Tower and Midship and I will cream my pants.

Wasn't Lockout the last map for this Legendary Pack?

BTW: I wish Coagulation would return...Valhalla just doesn't do it, that hill in the middle of the map unbalances the gameplay.

[quote name='help1']Ascension, Ivory Tower and Midship and I will cream my pants.[/quote]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
BTW: I wish Coagulation would return...Valhalla just doesn't do it, that hill in the middle of the map unbalances the gameplay.[/quote]

QFTx2. Any word on how many more map packs there are going to be? Chill Out & Prisoner would be welcome.

Actually I love all the maps from 1 except Rat Race & Wizard.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wasn't Lockout the last map for this Legendary Pack?
[/quote]

Yes, but they are making another map pack after legendary, which rumor has it has a midship remake in it.

[quote name='zewone']The hill is the best part about Valhalla so you don't get creamed in the open since there are very few spots to hide in Coag.[/quote]

I hate that hill, if you're on the top side of the hill your team tends to dominate (if you have smart team) and if you're on the bottom, the whole match is an uphill battle (if the opposing team is smart). Just don't like that map all that much.

[quote name='help1']Yes, but they are making another map pack after legendary, which rumor has it has a midship remake in it.[/quote]

Interesting...

[quote name='zewone']The hill is the best part about Valhalla so you don't get creamed in the open since there are very few spots to hide in Coag.[/quote]

You're not supposed to hide in coag. Your supposed to control the snipers & rockets/vehicles to win.

Right...

I wasn't talking about to win, but you do need cover to move in the field, especially while carrying a bomb in Assault. (which I

They should seriously just remake all of the Halo 2 maps... then I'd be more inclined to play it.

Im enjoying the heroic map pack maps. If they can integrate some of those custom maps from Foundry, that'd be nice. Some damn good recreations too. Specifically for Foundation and Chill Out from what I've seen.

[quote name='Brak']They should seriously just remake all of the Halo 2 maps... then I'd be more inclined to play it.[/QUOTE]

completely agree. the addition of blackout really has me tempted to not just play halo again, but also to pay for the new maps. ivory tower would be the next one i'd really love to see. basically, i want bungie to do anything but make completely new maps, as they've shown they're not good at that anymore.

[quote name='wubb']I get annoyed with people on my team that decide it's a good idea to run directly in between me and the enemy when we get in a 2+ on 1 shoot out. I do my best to move over and not hit them but at some point (generally if they do it more than once) I stop trying all that hard to move them out of my line of fire.

Had a guy yesterday who did that 3 or 4 times when we were both sitting at the top of a warp point on construct. As soon as somebody warps in he charges in front of me towarrd the guy. Maybe he wanted to get in close to melee to make sure he'd get the kill. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I had the BEST instance of this yesterday. Team rockets and I'm waiting at the top of the big lift on Construct with my rocket pointed at the floor where most people land. A teammate comes up beside me and shortly after we see a red dot and hear the lift activate - so an enemy is on the way up. He starts creeping in front of me very close to where people land. I just said fuck it and fired my rockets into both of them anyway. I mean get a clue dumb ass.

[quote name='klwillis45']But it's hard to see someone holding the launcher, it's so small. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Very true. And it was a team rockets game so no telling what weapon I would be using really.

Does the Team Hardcore playlist have shield or ho shields?

Also I played a team game yesterday where the team in the lead had red marks over their head that I could see from anywhere on the map (through walls, etc) similar to how you can spot your teammates from anywhere on the map. What is that called?

[quote name='wubb']Does the Team Hardcore playlist have shield or ho shields?

Also I played a team game yesterday where the team in the lead had red marks over their head that I could see from anywhere on the map (through walls, etc) similar to how you can spot your teammates from anywhere on the map. What is that called?[/quote]

Team Hardcore has shields, but no radars, all the vehicles are mongooses, and primary weapons are battle rifles.

Not too sure about that gametype though...it's not VIP is it?

[quote name='Nealocus123']
Not too sure about that gametype though...it's not VIP is it?[/QUOTE]

Nope it was straight slayer as far as I could tell (on the Heroic DLC team slayer hopper) except the team in the lead had the red markings similar to the juggernaut in that mode. I thought everyone was seeing that until my team took the lead late in the game and the red markings went away from them (at which point I realized they were now over me and my team.)

The markings really screwed them as two of the people on their four man team quit in the middle and since the four of us could find them anywhere on the map we closed the gap pretty quickly from there.

[quote name='wubb']Nope it was straight slayer as far as I could tell (on the Heroic DLC team slayer hopper) except the team in the lead had the red markings similar to the juggernaut in that mode. I thought everyone was seeing that until my team took the lead late in the game and the red markings went away from them (at which point I realized they were now over me and my team.)

The markings really screwed them as two of the people on their four man team quit in the middle and since the four of us could find them anywhere on the map we closed the gap pretty quickly from there.[/QUOTE]

There is a gametype called Duel that does this.

bread's done
Back