Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='kklems']What about the $60 we paid for the game? We should be able to enjoy that game without spending another $30 or when we buy the game tell us that we will have to buy content in the future to fully use the game we purchased.[/QUOTE]

I remember a good mulitplayer experience ten years ago involved going to an arcade and paying anywhere from 25 cents to 1 dollar EACH TIME you played. Trust me, we have it good right now. I can only imagine what I spent in arcades back in the day.

If anyone wants to play Grifball tomorrow, add me. MemphisMusicMan

I don't score very much but I kill a ton of people with the hammer.

[quote name='Corvin']They've been doing that for 18 months. It is a rare occasion that all 8+ people would all have the maps which makes dropping money on them pointless unless you play custom matches. Sure you made a one time purchase two years ago, but like it or not, Bungie is tailoring the playlists to those that continue to support them by buying DLC.

The requirement for the new maps is new as of a few months ago. There are still some playlists that don't require them.[/QUOTE]

You're not listening to me. Have you played other fps xbox live games? Call of Duty has map packs also and they have their matchmaking set up so that the new maps get played as much, if not more than the original maps. If a new map is selected to be played, people without those maps have to exit and rejoin another game.

[quote name='stocker08']You're not listening to me. Have you played other fps xbox live games? Call of Duty has map packs also and they have their matchmaking set up so that the new maps get played as much, if not more than the original maps. If a new map is selected to be played, people without those maps have to exit and rejoin another game.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a setup like that isn't possible on Halo 3 currently. It sounds like a good setup (even though there are drawbacks to that too, such as people simply deleting map packs they don't want to play).

I'm not too happy they lock me out of games because I won't pay for overpriced map packs.

The good news is, I am looking forward to ODST, and that comes with all maps and 3 new maps!

BTW, where is the ODST thread?

i loved halo 2 customs a lot more than i like halo 3, because i think it was just more fun. and if you like free stuff, who doesn't, check out awesomefreestuff.tk

I played Halo for the first time in a while and, like those who were bitching above, I was extremely disappointed with the way they are handling DLC. I have all of the DLC but Mythic and I have not found any gametype that allows to play my Legendary maps. That and half the gametypes require "non-cold storage DLC." Why exclude the one free map? I had planned on buying the mythic pack once I got my Halo skills back, but I think I might pass on principle alone.

P.S. Construct still sucks. Remove that map from rotation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't have a problem with the maps being required, however I didn't have to pay for the Mythic pack got it with Halo Wars. I just have a problem with all the betrayals... Getting killed over a weapon I pick up or a vehicle I get in sucks.

Man I love Halo. Anyone in the CAG community half decent at the game?
I know it sounds stupid, but me and two other friends have started a team and our looking for one last member. It's just a way to avoid having to quit because some dude keeps assuming your a retarted african american.

Anyone wanna play with us?

[quote name='DunckTheFunk']Man I love Halo. Anyone in the CAG community half decent at the game?
I know it sounds stupid, but me and two other friends have started a team and our looking for one last member. It's just a way to avoid having to quit because some dude keeps assuming your a retarted african american.

Anyone wanna play with us?[/QUOTE]
What playlist are you playing and at what level?

[quote name='DunckTheFunk']Man I love Halo. Anyone in the CAG community half decent at the game?

Sure throw me an invite
GT: XWHYWAKEUPX

I would also play.

Anyone on here that wants to play send me a FR.

anyone up for the vidmaster stuff tonight, i need all of them but i think theres a 4 player coop ghost only one. I have tonight off and plan on playing halo 3 all night

[quote name='DomLando']I would also play.

Anyone on here that wants to play send me a FR.[/QUOTE]

Of course, as soon as I get some offers my internet just decides to stop recognizing that it's plugged into my base station, and after an hour on the phone with Apple, still have nothing. Maybe it's about time I invest in a Wireless adapter.

So I just picked up Halo 3. While I do enjoy multiplayer (not really a fan of slayer though), I prefer co-op campaigns. I wasn't able to find anyone playing this afternoon, but am curious do people still play co-op or am I SOL for showing up to the party VERY late. lol :cold:

I really do suck when playing against others. Haha.
Or maybe I don't have the right maps? I dunno...

It might be too late as most people have already beaten the story mode, but I've been meaning to play through Legendary and find all the skulls and all that good achievement stuff, so if you want someone to play with, I'm down.

We should set something up.
I"m on my way out now though.
I'll check back later tonight and see what's going on.
But if theirs 4 of us, Legendary would be ok. 4 times the firepower! lol

[quote name='Snip3down']id be down for this but my campaign on my halo wont load[/QUOTE]

lol?

Well I can play whenever, so if y'all ho's get your shit together, we can run through campaign

I can't play tonight sadly.
Tues night?
Post your best times people!
I'm good after 8:30ET. But don't want to stay up too late. 6:30am wakeups are killer for me!

Monday 8/17 - 7-9pmPST
Tuesday 8/18 - 6-8pmPST
Wednesday 8/19 - 6-8pmPST

Also could play later around 11:00pmPST on those days if anyones a night owl.

Alright I'm up for playing tonight. (17th)
send me a request.
9pm ET?

I can't even beat the final campaign solo on normal. lol The damn flood swarms me and I'm out of ammo. :(

I can play pretty much anytime, any day, right up until school starts again (the 31st).

Are you allowed to save your progress from online co-op though? Cause I dunno about this 1-2 level stuff; I'm ready to bang this whole fucking campaign out and find the skulls

[quote name='lolwut?']I can play pretty much anytime, any day, right up until school starts again (the 31st).[/QUOTE]

Cool. FR sent.

[quote name='lolwut?']Are you allowed to save your progress from online co-op though? Cause I dunno about this 1-2 level stuff; I'm ready to bang this whole fucking campaign out and find the skulls[/QUOTE]

Damn, I only tend to play at most a couple hours. I could probably hang with you for a little bit but not the whole campaign.

My eyes get batty after extended sessions. Also noticed you got L4D. Haven't played through that yet and wanted some teammates. LMK if you're down.

[quote name='lolwut?']I can play pretty much anytime, any day, right up until school starts again (the 31st).

Are you allowed to save your progress from online co-op though? Cause I dunno about this 1-2 level stuff; I'm ready to bang this whole fucking campaign out and find the skulls[/QUOTE]
i'M wondering the same thing too...
In any case, to sit through the entire game isn't something I can do. Def. not tonight at least...
I"ll go on live at 9:40ish or so. PM me on Live and we'll go from there.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']i'M wondering the same thing too...
In any case, to sit through the entire game isn't something I can do. Def. not tonight at least...
I"ll go on live at 9:40ish or so. PM me on Live and we'll go from there.[/QUOTE]

Good game tonight. 3some definitely makes the heroic a little bit easier.

We'll do it again for sure. :D

I could help you guys out if you wanna do legendary. I still need the score achievements for level 2-final and somehow I missed all of the terminals. Please add me if you need a little help. I have all of the skulls, which will make the score achievements doable. Gamertag on the left.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Shall we set up a new time?

I hope the campaign isn't always as laggy as it was last night though...[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was definitely laggy. We may have to each try hosting to see if it fixes the problems.

I have AT&T DSL Pro which is about 1.7Mbps wired.

When me and another CAG'er played GOW2 Co-Op after you left there wasn't any lag but who knows.

He's also wired through his iPhone if you can believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have rogers high speed lite. It's barely faster then dial-up sometimes it seems. lol
I wouldn't be surprised if it was cause of me that the game was slow. But I've never seen it that bad before...
hope it was only a temp thing...

Hey I am looking to set up a 4 man team to play through co-op on legendary. If anyone is interested please send me a msg on here or xbl S0DA POPINSKI. It would have to be evenings for me (9pm eastern or later).

bread's done
Back