Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

I can most likely do Deja Vu either tonight or tomorrow night. I might even be able to get a 2nd on my system split screen (is that allowed for Deja Vu?)

[quote name='Ruahrc']I can most likely do Deja Vu either tonight or tomorrow night. I might even be able to get a 2nd on my system split screen (is that allowed for Deja Vu?)[/QUOTE]
I think it is, but might want to double check 1st.
I think you just have to do it on legendary and over live.

Is system link even an option nowadays?

I checked it looks like it is allowed to have 2 people on one system, either as separate live accounts or as an XBL guest. I'll see if he can bring his XBL account on a USB stick or something but not sure if he has one.

That said, looks like I will have 2 people available to play, starting around 8-8:30EST. If we can get 2 more, that's 4.

Ruahrc

Sorry about that guys. Had dinner a little bit ago and stayed downstairs longer than expected. Sister's car broke down not too long ago so was trying to figure out what was going on. I'm good now though if we're still on.

[quote name='JStryke']Sorry about that guys. Had dinner a little bit ago and stayed downstairs longer than expected. Sister's car broke down not too long ago so was trying to figure out what was going on. I'm good now though if we're still on.[/QUOTE]
I'm on.
Just send me an invite.

GGs today, even though we did not succeed due to internet lag.

We're going to try again tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon I think. I don't know if there are 4 lined up yet so if you're interested post up in this thread. I think we were shooting for say 3PM EST?

Ruahrc

I can try again. Taking an early guess, I probably shouldn't try hosting though since at that time my dad may try to use the internet (as he'll get home not too long before then. Hard to say.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I'd be in, does it matter that I haven't beat the game yet? Millertime2325 is the GT I should be on a bit later but ill be checking back in this thread[/QUOTE]
As long as you can access the last level, then you'll be fine.

Maybe not even that, we could invite him into the game and just load the level. But it might be better to have gotten to the last level just to be safe.

I'm not sure how it works. I'm guessing he can join but might not be able to host since he couldn't select the level. Also, not sure when we're starting but with tonight being Selection Sunday, I'll need to be off by 6.

I work all day Sunday and today, maybe could do Saturday night but whether I feel up to it, who knows. Next week is much better for me personally. Off Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, off at 5 Tues and Thurs. Only day that won't work is Saturday as I have plans in the morning and work 4 hours in the night.

Is anyone still trying to get Annual, Deja Vu and Endure? I've suddenly come back to Halo and would like to finally get my Recon Armor.

I'd still like to get all those , as well as the firefight high score achievements on the various stages , but my varying work schedule really makes it hard for me to ever join a group (my days off are usually two random weekdays and my actual work days are usually evenings till 8pm or later).

Annual and Deja Vu seem like the least time consuming, while Endure seems much more like a time killer and also a game that will require a lot more teamwork. It might be best to do those two first, especially if they are somewhat easier.

There are Youtube videos of people completing Annual and Deja Vu, so we should probably check those out to figure out paths and trouble spots before we encounter them in game.

If we have 4, we just need to figure out a time and hope we have great connections.

I'm on the East Coast. I can be playing at 10 (I'm on now). If you need a fourth, I'm available.

Which game (Halo 3 or ODST?) and which of the 3 achievements?

I could join tonight , and sunday after 9pm , saturday is out. I don't know how much help I'll be since I'm kinda rusty from not having played Halo in a while. I might be alright doing Annual since I'm more familiar with that stage and with H3 in general , but I'd be willing to give Deja Vu a try as well.

Or I could always sit this one out if you all have 4 people already and reacquaint myself with the games first.

we always have trouble finding 4 people, so anyone who is available needs to join up.

TBH I'm only up for doing Deja Vu as it's the only one I have left. Annual is a Halo 3 achievement not an ODST one and I don't have Halo 3. The firefight 200k ones can all be done alone or even just 2 people is plenty (a little more fun to have a buddy for the fight), so you guys can knock those out without having to scrounge around for 4 people.

Ruahrc

Ebbtide what is your XBL tag? We have looks like 3, need a 4th (not including you)

Not sure if MillerTime will be able to play as he does not have a HDD, and ODST says you need a HDD to play online co-op

Got your messages. I had forgotten that a HDD was needed for co-op in ODST , knew one was needed for Reach.

Millertime , have you been using a Flash Drive for saves and stuff , is that why you don't have a HDD?

one thing we can try with 3 is to get a 4th controller on someone's system as split screen. that puts 4 in teh game although obviously one of them will be a statue. it works, just don't know how hard it is with the iron skull being a requirement and all that

[quote name='Ruahrc']one thing we can try with 3 is to get a 4th controller on someone's system as split screen. that puts 4 in teh game although obviously one of them will be a statue. it works, just don't know how hard it is with the iron skull being a requirement and all that[/QUOTE]

Would that work? Even if it did that might be kinda rough due to the conditions of the challenge. That's something I've never actually considered , that if a split screen pair can team up with two others online , then I might be able to get my brother to help out , but it would have to be for future attempts since I can't get him now.

GGs Starknight, Ebbtide, and Samurai- FINALLY knocked that last achievement off. 1000/1000 for me now w00t!

GL to everyone else still picking up achievements

Ruahrc

bread's done
Back