Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='help1']Couple of things to address here.

The "fight night" thing has been confirmed to be optional. If you hold down the beat down button, it will go into the long winded animation. If you just tap it, it will do the same thing as previous games.

I see a lot of people complaining about rolling, but I don't see it as a bad thing. Lets look at the past 2 Halo's, where the BR was the dominant weapon. A majority of the battles boiled down to having 3 shots of the BR land on the guys body, and then one shot to the head, with the only evasive tactics being a) jump or b) strafe. But now you can also add in a c) roll, which essentially ducks your head and lets you get to cover without letting the other person get that crucial headshot on you. Yes, I know, the BR hasn't been confirmed yet, but the pistol has, so my point remains valid.

As for jetpacks, they aren't all that different from having the portable gravity lift.[/QUOTE]

I have zero problem with any issue beyond weapon balance. I see the roll and jetpacks as having potential to be good additions, im more skeptical of the jetpacks pending their implementation.

[quote name='Trakan']BR is out, DMR is in.[/QUOTE]

Last I heard, that is what it is currently slated as, but they aren't 100 percent sure yet.

[quote name='paz9x']I have zero problem with any issue beyond weapon balance. I see the roll and jetpacks as having potential to be good additions, im more skeptical of the jetpacks pending their implementation.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The jet packs are really the only worrisome thing for me, since it really opens the map to annoying situations of camping with a sniper, ala super jumping in Halo 2. On the other hand, some interesting glitching and exploration may come out of the implementation of the jetpack, just hopefully not with such ease that they can be done in the middle of a game. Also, I really hope that all these "enhancements" are turned off if you grab a flag or a ball. Being able to use the jet pack when holding the flag would be lame.

I am only interested with the jet pack if it has infinite lifting power. I don't care if I need to play custom games. I just need a jet pack.

yeah im definately down for some vidmaster endure and 200k runs on crater, rally point, and security.
if we can get any of those ill help out with what ive already done too.

[quote name='paz9x']yeah im definately down for some vidmaster endure and 200k runs on crater, rally point, and security.
if we can get any of those ill help out with what ive already done too.[/QUOTE]

I can play tonight, preferably before 11est... or start playing before then at least

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I can play tonight, preferably before 11est... or start playing before then at least[/QUOTE]

I would be willing to play. Been wanting to play this again for a while now, but the lack of matchmaking really hurts since none of my friends are playing it. I will be online around 8:30-9 est if you need someone.

The beta will be accessed through a menu option that will show up when you insert the ODST game disk on May 3, just like how they did it with Crackdown back in May 07 for the Halo 3 beta.

Did anyone get an email from xbox.com saying they get 400 points, 3 months of live, and a beta key for a download of the halo reach beta? It was basically a "I'm sorry for halo 2 being shut down" present of sorts

[quote name='tgk2044']Did anyone get an email from xbox.com saying they get 400 points, 3 months of live, and a beta key for a download of the halo reach beta? It was basically a "I'm sorry for halo 2 being shut down" present of sorts[/QUOTE]

I didn't. Supposedly its only going out to Xbox 1 users. Shame too. Halo 2 was the pinnacle of Halo, and from the looks of Reach, H2 will remain as such.

I wish Bungie would've stuck to the "One gun to rule them all" game play instead of stray away from it like in H3...it was what set players apart. Instead, they opted to overly balance the game and reward AR users for simplying jamming on the trigger. I am still unsure why they didn't implement the MLG setting Battle Rifle into all the matchmaking playlists....

Granted, no one has used the DMR and it could be the new all purpose power weapon, but that remains to be seen. If there is no such "gun to rule them all" I will definitely play the MP for about a week then say "fuck this"

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I would be willing to play. Been wanting to play this again for a while now, but the lack of matchmaking really hurts since none of my friends are playing it. I will be online around 8:30-9 est if you need someone.[/QUOTE]

I could play, but we're def going to need more than 2 people...

i dont think i can play tonight. ended up playing bad company 2 for about 4 hours today, my wife is not happy.

[quote name='Trakan']Panda, shut the fuck up already.

How would Xbox 1 users play the beta? MS would expect them to buy a 360?[/QUOTE]

You're a gigantic fa ggot retard.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1900284

[quote name='MS Email']
• You will automatically receive a prorated refund for the unused portion of your LIVE subscription on the credit card associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
• We hope that you will continue to enjoy Xbox LIVE and are providing you with a free, three-month Gold membership to the Xbox 360 LIVE service.
• You will receive a token for your free 3 months of Xbox LIVE Gold on a Xbox 360 console. Check your Xbox v1 console LIVE account messages. Be sure to write down your token for future use.
• To further help with this transition, we would like to offer you a free Games on Demand title that can be used on a new Xbox 360.[/quote]

Yup. After reading that, NONE OF THE LANGUAGE IS WRITTEN LIKE IT WAS FOR XBOX 1 OWNERS EXCLUSIVELY.

You're a fuc-ktard.

[quote name='paz9x']i dont think i can play tonight. ended up playing bad company 2 for about 4 hours today, my wife is not happy.[/QUOTE]
Reschedule then?

from reading it it looks like they give you a token. which you could use on your 360. IF however you don't got one.. you still have the token to use whenever you want or to give it away..

is there another solution that doesn't involve 360 owners who didn't have an xbox 1? since giving 360 owners who didn't have xbox 1 is like giving a guy a gift basket who wasn't at the party.

[quote name='Trakan']Damn, turns out MS is retarded and not you. You should still stop bitching about Reach though. It looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

It's not like I want Reach to be bad. I even bought a copy of ODST just to play the Beta. You're also talking to a guy who bought the goddamn $100 Kotobuyika Masterchief statue, the Halo 3: Legendary Edition and a regular copy of Halo 3 so I wouldn't have to open the Legendary Edition all on launch day. I also have 2 copies of Halo 1 and Halo 2, the Halo 2: LE still is unopened and countless other Halo piece of shit merchandise....

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's not like I want Reach to be bad. I even bought a copy of ODST just to play the Beta. You're also talking to a guy who bought the goddamn $100 Kotobuyika Masterchief statue, the Halo 3: Legendary Edition and a regular copy of Halo 3 so I wouldn't have to open the Legendary Edition all on launch day. I also have 2 copies of Halo 1 and Halo 2, the Halo 2: LE still is unopened and countless other Halo piece of shit merchandise....[/QUOTE]

you sound like a Microsoft tool!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's not like I want Reach to be bad. I even bought a copy of ODST just to play the Beta. You're also talking to a guy who bought the goddamn $100 Kotobuyika Masterchief statue, the Halo 3: Legendary Edition and a regular copy of Halo 3 so I wouldn't have to open the Legendary Edition all on launch day. I also have 2 copies of Halo 1 and Halo 2, the Halo 2: LE still is unopened and countless other Halo piece of shit merchandise....[/QUOTE]

Man, do you have any Halo game fuel? That stuff was so good.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']you sound like a Microsoft tool![/QUOTE]
Yep. Halo = Microsoft, not Halo = Bungie. Completely right in your assumption. Also, Halo 3 multiplayer was a complete piece of shit.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Man, do you have any Halo game fuel? That stuff was so good.[/QUOTE]

Unopened 12 pack...no joke.

Damn man, out of all the promotional drinks I have had, that was really good. I wish the 360 was getting more great games, but I don't even bother to touch it unless its Halo.

I have to say, I'm extremely excited to play Reach. After the first two Halo games I've become pretty bored with the multiplayer. So glad that it looks to be at least somewhat different.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']anyone up for 1 or more of the vidmaster challenges this weekend?[/QUOTE]

I'd be down to try to get a group together, but I'm probably only available after 10pm EST tonight and Saturday.

i might be able to get together this weekend. i have some work ive been putting off that is going to take a lot of my time this weekend though.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I'd be down to try to get a group together, but I'm probably only available after 10pm EST tonight and Saturday.[/QUOTE]
I'm up for tonight at 11ish EST?

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I'm up for tonight at 11ish EST?[/QUOTE]

I'll be online, shoot me a FR. I might be able to pull someone from my FL for a 200k run, not sure I have anyone interested in a 2-3 hour run at Endure though.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Anyone up for some vidmaster challenges this weekend?[/QUOTE]

I might be game , but I'm only available all day saturday , work late sunday.

[quote name='TC']Holy crap. They aren't playing around. Talk about fleshed out! Great link.[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks. I am always impressed by the way Bungie is able to take a good hard look at what is wrong with their games and make an attempt to fix it. In terms of matchmaking innovation, these guys are leading the way.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I might be game , but I'm only available all day saturday , work late sunday.[/QUOTE]
I'm game. Send me a request but we def need 4 people.
My gamer tag is weysamuraix.

bread's done
Back