Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

I only saw JStryke on so I didn't start up a game. If you all could sign onto the xbox if you're available to play, that would help a lot, I had no idea we had a group of 4 that was ready to go.

Hope we can get something else worked out for later this week. Anyone have a preferred time frame?

[quote name='WTPolaris']I only saw JStryke on so I didn't start up a game. If you all could sign onto the xbox if you're available to play, that would help a lot, I had no idea we had a group of 4 that was ready to go.

Hope we can get something else worked out for later this week. Anyone have a preferred time frame?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty flexible if I have the heads up. I am good to play until 11pm EST weekdays, anytime on weekend. I should have the game most likely through Sunday.

I didn't get on last night because I didn't know if anything was happening. I sent you a message from the internet to your xbox account that I could jump on if we were ready to go. I just normally don't play at night (except on the weekends).

Well my week got horribly screwed up. Monday night I couldn't show up since after dinner I was so tired I pretty much just passed out , wednesday night I had to pull a double shift and tonight I was busy with stuff all day long. Sorry guys. Tomorrow is out for me , but it looks like I should be free Saturday and Sunday (maybe I should stop posting that , since it inevitably seems to jinx me lol).

Also , I don't know if it was someone from this thread or a different one , that sent me a friend request on xbox live , your going to have to resend it. I didn't recognize it right away (but I assumed it was a CAG , I think it was cyberduelist2 , I already got you Knave) and didn't get back on the system to doublecheck and accept until it had already expired.

Hey guys I got a quick question about the campaign achievements. I'm trying to complete the game on legendary solo and was wondering do you have to play through the whole game as a continuous session (with saving of course) or can you just select each "memory" in the menu and play those, so that you get the crossed guns + skull icon on each level?

I'm wondering because if I look on my levels it seems like I have credit for some of the levels on legendary (like uplift reserve when I did the vidmaster achievement) so I was thinking I could skip them over if i already did those? Also j could them skip over the nighttime sections between memories too although it's not a huge deal as I usually just run past everyone going straight for the objective.

Anyways I also need to get the majority of the firefight achievements too so I'll probably be down for trying some of those with you guys. I'm gonna go out of town for about a week next week but maybe this weekend or when I get back.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']Hey guys I got a quick question about the campaign achievements. I'm trying to complete the game on legendary solo and was wondering do you have to play through the whole game as a continuous session (with saving of course) or can you just select each "memory" in the menu and play those, so that you get the crossed guns + skull icon on each level?

I'm wondering because if I look on my levels it seems like I have credit for some of the levels on legendary (like uplift reserve when I did the vidmaster achievement) so I was thinking I could skip them over if i already did those? Also j could them skip over the nighttime sections between memories too although it's not a huge deal as I usually just run past everyone going straight for the objective.

Anyways I also need to get the majority of the firefight achievements too so I'll probably be down for trying some of those with you guys. I'm gonna go out of town for about a week next week but maybe this weekend or when I get back.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

You can do it in any order man.

If we start no later than 9 ESTish (80 minutes from now), we can attempt it sure.

And now that I think about it, don't think I have you on my list.

[quote name='JStryke']If we start no later than 9 ESTish (80 minutes from now), we can attempt it sure.

And now that I think about it, don't think I have you on my list.[/QUOTE]

No I don't think so. The time should work for me too.

We did yes. Gotta say, Chasm Ten is such a pain in the ass though, because you have to deal with engineers all the time.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Yeah, Chasm Ten is the worst one, between the engineers, the narrow walkways, and falling to your death.[/QUOTE]

Chasm Ten is one of the 2 levels I have been able to get 200K on (just my friend and I play split screen co-op so far). We did not find it that bad at all. Just mainly stick to the upstairs (bunches the enemy up on the walkways, and the ones that spawn on the bottom only come up the air a few at a time so it's easy to control them). We'd run down to the bottom to get health and rip off the turrets when they were available then go back upstairs and stay there most of the time.

The engineers can be a pain but there usually are so many plasma pistols laying around from dead enemies that it is not hard to find one and tag them.

Did not get a chance to play w/you guys this weekend but when I get back from my trip next week I will definitely be interested in going for more 200K if people are interested.

Ruahrc

Monday night won't do me any good (might actually go to sleep early as I start at Target early morning tomorrow plus still stuck with the route so leaves limited time as is to sleep) but as far as I know Wednesday night and beyond I should be good whenever again (for the most part) as long as I'm not stuck with the route past Tuesday. I could be available Tuesday as well, but I may be tired and may not feel like it from a lack of sleep. Depends.

I probably won't be joining you all again any time soon, I leave for Japan Thursday morning so I won't be available Wednesday night and I work tonight and tomorrow night too. Hope to get together again sometime after my trip though!

[quote name='hufferstl']How sweet will it be when reach does all this work for us with matchmaking....[/QUOTE]

Oh you haven't heard? They're taking it out last minute.

Joking obviously. I'm not that mean. :razz:

any tips on how to get better at FF? I was thinking of going solo and learning the maps (like in horde for gears 2). I might be on tonight, just be nice to the halo/ff noob :cool:.
gt: Gamer SDP

[quote name='Gamer SDP']any tips on how to get better at FF? I was thinking of going solo and learning the maps (like in horde for gears 2). I might be on tonight, just be nice to the halo/ff noob :cool:.
gt: Gamer SDP[/QUOTE]

Head shots, if you can use vehicles, save the power weapons for the bigger brutes

[quote name='Gamer SDP']any tips on how to get better at FF? I was thinking of going solo and learning the maps (like in horde for gears 2). I might be on tonight, just be nice to the halo/ff noob :cool:.
gt: Gamer SDP[/QUOTE]

The main thing I can think of is grenade usage. I don't know how many times I could have had a better shot at surviving an area if I just remembered to use my grenades. Seeing for how you'll have the catch skull (or whatever it's called) on for 2/3 of the time, grenades are fairly plentiful.

Anyone playing tonight? Probably not, since it's already 10:43 Eastern time. I honestly didn't think about this game/thread today till right now.

I pretty much just have a couple of the halo 3 multiplayer achievements and then I'm done! If we can coordinate a group then it shouldn't take too long :)

well, the free for all ones are what we would need a group for. if we can get six people then it would be really easy. The one's I would need are:

Two for One
Score a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).

Triple Kill
Kill 3 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).

Steppin' Razor
Score a Triple Kill with the sword in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).

Overkill
Kill 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).

Steppin Razor and Triple Kill could be done in one swoop. What are you guys needing?

[quote name='Jon Bon']well, the free for all ones are what we would need a group for. if we can get six people then it would be really easy. The one's I would need are:

Two for One
Score a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).

Triple Kill
Kill 3 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).

Steppin' Razor
Score a Triple Kill with the sword in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).

Overkill
Kill 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).

Steppin Razor and Triple Kill could be done in one swoop. What are you guys needing?[/QUOTE]

I need all those except for "Steppin' Razor". I also need "Maybe Next Time, Buddy" and a lot of the map pack achievements since I barely played those. All the firefight achievements, too.

Honestly, I would just try to get the free for all ones done over the forum and self boost the other multiplayer achievements. The legendary and mythic ones can be done on social matches. So, should we start a list of people wanting to boost the ranked FFA achievements?

1. Jon Bon
2. Matt Young
3. nmthomas

come on guys!!

Count me in to do the Social MP. You can get the Legendary achievements on Mythic Maps too just so you know. I suggest doing Social Skirmish as getting Longshore to come up is a bit of a pain. You can also add controllers if you are short people.

The FFA achievements can be more difficult to coordinate since you need to need to do the language trick and be close in skill ranking to match up.

I'd be willing to jump in, but not sure how long you guys are willing to wait. If all looks good, I can start Wednesday.

Otherwise, not that big a deal.

Count me in and I can play tonight!

Edit - I'm getting online now, send a friend request if anyone will be on tonight to try any of these and I'll switch to Halo 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jon Bon']Honestly, I would just try to get the free for all ones done over the forum and self boost the other multiplayer achievements. The legendary and mythic ones can be done on social matches. So, should we start a list of people wanting to boost the ranked FFA achievements?

1. Jon Bon
2. Matt Young
3. nmthomas

come on guys!![/QUOTE]
Count me in on the ranked FFA achievements/Multiplayer/Firefight. Not sure which ones I need, but I should be home in about 30 minutes or so. Just wondering, if it's ranked, how do we all get in the same game?

pulled shamelessly from the achieve360points.com forums:

1. go to dashboard and choose the last blade, under language.
2. change your language to the 2nd to last one (the one with the backwards P)
3. start up halo 3
4. go to lone wolves (its best to have this stuff done in english to avoid confusion)
5. press the X button and select the very last option (prefer my language)
6. boost your heart out (press on the D-pad to talk and tell people want you want to do)
7. once done go back to dashboard and change your language back. (last blade, 4th option)
8. sign out of your profile
9. go to the market place blade and recover your gamertag. (this will change your achieves back to english)

I've updated the list with everyone's XBL names:

1. Jon Bon (LongDuckJon)
2. Matt Young (X Matt Young X)
3. nmthomas (demifish)
4. Ma12kez (Woltaire)
5. IceBlueShoes (WeySamuraiX)
6. hufferstl (coreyandtrevor)

we're ready to go for the ranked FFA achievements now! when can everyone do it?

I could play tonight, but not too late; sometime in the next 3 hours or so would be fine, but I don't know if people would be available on such short notice. Otherwise, I'll be available in the evening tomorrow. Still waiting on confirmation for Saturday/Sunday plans, so I'm unsure about those nights.

I don't know about the whole having to recover your gamertag thing, though...

[quote name='Matt Young']I could play tonight, but not too late; sometime in the next 3 hours or so would be fine, but I don't know if people would be available on such short notice. Otherwise, I'll be available in the evening tomorrow. Still waiting on confirmation for Saturday/Sunday plans, so I'm unsure about those nights.

I don't know about the whole having to recover your gamertag thing, though...[/QUOTE]

I am also available tonight around 10pm. What is your concern with having to recover your gamertag?

I can go tonight as well (now until midnight PST at the latest; unless I'm in the middle of a match). Not Friday or Saturday night though (hopefully during the day). Maybe Sunday. If anything, just list me as an "alternate" for those days.

I'm not a fan of recovering my Gamertag since I've had some irritating problems in the past trying to do it. Do we HAVE to recover it, or is it merely for aesthetic purposes? For instance, does it only change the languages of the achievements you earn during the time you have it switched; or are all of your achievements changed altogether?

Count me out if recovering my Gamertag is required. I just don't want to have to go through that whole ordeal if it ends up corrupting again.

If you guys are worried about recovering your gamertag I did it a while back when I boosted for the 2 for 1 with the spartan lazer(honestly who can get this in ranked lone wolves is beyond me). I recovered it back perfectly fine with no corruption whatsoever, but if you are not comfortable with recovering then you don't have to.

Anyway put me down for any achievements involving the Mythic maps, I still need the extermination and perfection and am willing to help anyone get the needed achievements as well.

GT: Ironwilled

I'd like to get in on the Halo 3 multiplayer achievements too. I can't remember exactly which ones I need but I do need most of the Lone Wolve ones and a bunch of the Legendary/Mythic ones. I'm available earlier in the day friday , but I can't play late since I have to go to work early Saturday. However I'm free Saturday evening and all day Sunday and Monday. I'd really like to try and get these (or as many as possible) out of the way this weekend since I don't know when the next time I'll have practically 4 days off in a row will be. Same thing goes with firefight.

Hufferstl and I were able to boost most of the mythic and legendary ones last night. if you guys can just buddy up and connect 3 extra controllers then it's really easy. Just play team mythic and get the achieves!

[quote name='Jon Bon']Hufferstl and I were able to boost most of the mythic and legendary ones last night. if you guys can just buddy up and connect 3 extra controllers then it's really easy. Just play team mythic and get the achieves![/QUOTE]
Yeah thats what I was thinking of doing although I would need 1 extra person, since I only have 2 extra controllers.

I want to get the en dour achievement. as well as any coop or firefight add me invite me. I play mostly at night after 10pm pacific time

bread's done
Back