Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

Saturday and sunday should be okay with me too, my internet has been a little flaky lately but i got a new cable modem earlier this week and someone from Comcrap is coming by my house saturday afternoon to check the signal quality.

I'm up for endure and/or Deja Vu- Deja Vu might be a good starter as it does not hurt as bad to drop out vs. after 2+ hours of endure.

Ruahrc

I'll be monitoring the forums and will be on XBL starting about 6CT (7ET).

Comcast guy came and found that the wall plate was causing the connectivity issues so he replaced it- I should be good to go as far as connections now- at least as far as a solid connection to the internet goes. It's always a crapshoot with P2P gaming...

Ruahrc

I'll check in again in about 25-30mins, but if someone else wants to jump on in, feel free to do so. Things are nutty lately with work cutting into gaming time.
Damn responsibilities. lol

Man, I ended up being free tonight. Should have come on earlier. Would love to get some achievements in this. Gonna have to try and catch you guys next time.

If anyone is interested in setting something up another day, I never really got into Firefight at all, so I'd be looking to get all of the achievements associated with that, as well as the Vidmaster achievements.

Nobody started there wasn't enough people to play. I don't think I'm gonna play tonight as I am playing something else with my friend. Is there gonna be anyone availbale tomorrow? I think if this is ever going to happen we need to set a time and commit to it.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Nobody started there wasn't enough people to play. I don't think I'm gonna play tonight as I am playing something else with my friend. Is there gonna be anyone availbale tomorrow? I think if this is ever going to happen we need to set a time and commit to it.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. It's usually how it goes sadly.

Anyways, I cant play tomorrow. I'm only around the xbox on weekends since I don't have it with me during the week.

Saturday's the best upcoming day for me (playoffs, but Braves are off). I do work, so it would have to be...I dunno. After 4pm or so.

I need Endure. I'm not actually very good at Halo, but if a group just needs a fourth player for it and you don't mind carrying a little deadweight, feel free to hit me up. :)

[quote name='Gears24']How does 4:30pm CT sound to you guys and this time its really serious not like last time[/QUOTE]

The only problem with that is if my dad decides to make dinner as it would most likely be in the middle of the match. For me, that would be 5:30. Since I may end up going to Winchester anyways after work (haven't decided yet), later in the evening (7CT?) may end up being better.

I can do saturday nearly any time except 12p-3p ET, and as long as it's not too late at night. I am leaving town sunday so tomorrow's my only chance this weekend (and hence my needing to get to bed at a reasonable hour).

If there will be time constraints, I am also up for Deja Vu...

Ruahrc

[quote name='JStryke']The only problem with that is if my dad decides to make dinner as it would most likely be in the middle of the match. For me, that would be 5:30. Since I may end up going to Winchester anyways after work (haven't decided yet), later in the evening (7CT?) may end up being better.[/QUOTE]
7PM CT sounds ok to me I guess since I might ended up going to the mall later today.

If anyone wants to set something up for next weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) during the afternoon, I'd be down. I would be free pretty much anytime between noon and 8 in the east. The earlier the better, though, so we have lots of time to get a bunch accomplished.

I should be on around 7 Central if you guys need a 4th at all. I'm not the greatest firefight player(as JStryke knows) but if you guys need me, I need the firefight achievements on a few of the maps as well as the Endure one. Feel free to invite me/send a message if you need a 4th tonight!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If anyone wants to set something up for next weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday) during the afternoon, I'd be down. I would be free pretty much anytime between noon and 8 in the east. The earlier the better, though, so we have lots of time to get a bunch accomplished.[/QUOTE]

im up for earlier. a lot of the times people try and set up are right in the middle of dinner for me as im on az time.
I can also do earlier in the days weekdays as well.

If we can get something going in the next 15 or so minutes, I can give it another go tonight, otherwise it's going to be too late for me this weekend. And it'd be better if it was Deja vu which should be faster than Endure.

I should be able to play once or twice this week, and the next weekend, but I will be out of town again the last week of Oct.

I'd be interested in going for Deja vu.

I'm gonna hang around the house, watch the rest of the Yankees game, and wait to see if anyone sets anything up. Probably be on until midnight here in east (30 more minutes.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have not played ODST in a long time. I wont be able to join for the next few weeks but would be interested in joining when I can. Last weekend of the month I should be good.

I will be available this Saturday, likely all through the afternoon into the early evening. If anyone wants to set something up, let's do it. My only small issue is that my headset is busted, so if we need to make some kind of strategy up for any of this, we'll have to do it before hand, or I'll just wing it.

I might be available Saturday, not sure yet. I'm hearing rumor that a friend might be on his vacation starting late this week and could be coming over, but not sure.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I will be available this Saturday, likely all through the afternoon into the early evening. If anyone wants to set something up, let's do it. My only small issue is that my headset is busted, so if we need to make some kind of strategy up for any of this, we'll have to do it before hand, or I'll just wing it.[/QUOTE]

as long as you can hear we'll manage.

Im up for endure on saturday.
I need 200k on 2 maps. I forget which.

I should be able to do saturday.

Having a mic/headset really, really helps as communication is critical for Endure. As the name implies, it's not really about killing the enemies as much as it is having good teamwork and covering each other so you don't die.

[quote name='Ruahrc']I should be able to do saturday.

Having a mic/headset really, really helps as communication is critical for Endure. As the name implies, it's not really about killing the enemies as much as it is having good teamwork and covering each other so you don't die.[/QUOTE]

I have a soccer game early in the day but after that I should be open to play. if it ends up being around 6-7 pst then it rough for me because thats family/dinner time.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Ah, well, if a headset is really gonna be necessary, I will bow out and let someone else play. I don't think I'll get the chance to pick one up any time soon.[/QUOTE]
i think youre fine, dont worry about it. lik eI said as long as you can listen to the game plan and follow along youre ok.

I'd be up for Vidmaster: Deja Vu and 200k on Windward and Security Zone sometime. I also need to finish the second half or so of the campaign on Legendary if anyone wants to run through that co-op.

bread's done
Back