Halo 4 out November 6th!!

They could just play for 6 days without stopping.

I'm actually just as baffled by 35 hours and getting a dollar and change back. Wow, thanks. That'll cover just over half of one Rock Band song.

What am I missing? I've completed the third level so far, and am just not enjoying it. I can't quite explain it, but after each chapter I'm putting it down and saying, that's enough for now. But I'm forcing myself to keep playing, hoping the story will get to somewhere, though so far I'm not too interested in it.

Also, I'm somewhat disappointed by the enemies. I'm playing on Legendary, and haven't had much issue with the Knights or Crawlers. The Knights teleport, but they don't seem to charge me, so I'm not really in danger when I fight them. One even killed itself with it's own grenade. Not that I want to die repeatedly in the game and get frustrated, and I know I'm only 3 out of 8 levels through the game so it could and should get harder, but I just figured from the hype 343 had for the new enemies that I'd be overwhelmed.

It seems like people are enjoying the multiplayer portion, maybe I'll enjoy that more.

I can't believe how good Halo 4 looks! I know the resolution is only 720P but it looks so much sharper than any of the other Halos and the textures are amazing. The cutscenes look incredibly beautiful. When they first showed Halsey up close, I thought it was a real actress! (panning out, it looked like CGI).

When you see Master Chief upclose in that cutscene where Cortana is talking about the 8 years... man! I can't believe how awful cutscenes in the old Halos looked compared to this. I kept thinking, is this canned CGI or is this being rendered realtime? It has to be canned! It looks so good.

Halo 3 really looks last gen compared to this game. And 4 blows away Reach in every department. I can't believe 343i could make it look like this. I just started and oh my god... just thinking about it makes jizz...

The story seems so much more cinematic. They really took the best parts of other story campaigns of other games and made it Halo.

I know a lot of you guys are pretty hardcore and jumped straight to multiplayer. I'm more of a single player/co-op type of person where story campaign is king. Eventually I'll be brave enough to venture out into the multiplayer arena... Just soaking in the story right now.

This has to be game of the year. I've never felt that about any Halo since the first one. People mention Halo 2 but Halo 2 was more a multiplayer experience than a complete experience.

Halo is in sick hands with 343i!!!!! :)

[quote name='KingBroly']Keep your console running? I mean, Custom Games should count too, right?[/QUOTE]

somehow I think the points you'd get would not be worth the increase in your electric bill from keeping your console running that long....

Glad someone else mentioned it - one of the first things I noticed was how good this looks. Not necessarily compared to the graphics showpieces elsewhere on the system, but definitely compared to prior Halo titles.

Hate the fact that the title screen music isn't on the soundtrack. Now I'm wondering what else they kept off of there. Not positive, but I think there was a piece on the first level not on there either.

Playing it on Legendary solo out of the gate (which is what I normally do w/Halo) and I got to say those new enemies are handing me my ass. I see that the needler and that sniper of theirs is good against them. Any other good tactics?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Glad someone else mentioned it - one of the first things I noticed was how good this looks. Not necessarily compared to the graphics showpieces elsewhere on the system, but definitely compared to prior Halo titles.
[/QUOTE]

I would absolutely stand this up to the best on the system. The game is gorgeous. I wonder why Bungie couldn't pull this off.

The plasma pistol and storm rifle are both decent for single player when there's no other weapons around
I've noticed the online stats take forever to update...maybe its cuz the server issues last night...but I completed all the missions in spartan ops in legendary and didn't get the completed mission bonus.

My preorder armor (Amazon) has disappeared. Wore it all day yesterday, now it's not in my loadout screen. Redownloaded it to make sure. What in the actual fuck.

Shouldn't it be in your folder with the Halo 4 files on your hard drive? It's not there now, but I didn't check to see if it was to begin with.

[quote name='KaneRobot']My preorder armor (Amazon) has disappeared. Wore it all day yesterday, now it's not in my loadout screen. Redownloaded it to make sure. What in the actual fuck.

Shouldn't it be in your folder with the Halo 4 files on your hard drive? It's not there now, but I didn't check to see if it was to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Happened to me with my other pre order armors. Had to restart the game and they showed up and I had to set it again because it reverted back to recruit everything.

I did that twice and it didn't fix it. Finally deleted everything besides my saved game, reinstalled & redownloaded everything, and it showed up again.

No idea if that actually fixed it though, it could be something tied to the servers and during the 15 minutes I was doing all of that, it fixed itself.

Been a while since I've last posted in the 360 section, however I must say that this game is better than what I thought it'd be. Played about half a dozen multiplayer matches and after the first two I spent getting used to things, everything felt very good and smooth.

I was so stoked when using the BR the first couple of times, but a part of me died when I performed better with the DMR. Oh Halo 2, how I miss how beast of a BR you had.

As someone who was planning on buying the Season Pass, and may put the minimum amount of hours required for the first tier, I think it's nice to have any reward amount for doing what I was already going to do. I'll but some indie games or something.

So I don't give a damn about the pre order bonuses. Are they worth hanging onto to unload in a few months or should I sell them now while everyone is losing their shit over them?

Hey guys hate to annoy, but does anyone have a 14 day trial code i can use from their copy of the game?

for a roommate, pm please =)

man, the warthog is kind of like a sports car now. engine sounds more like a car than a truck and the handling is tight. the seats look like Recaro made them! :)

anyone else feel claustrophobic in the helmet? I never really thought about how clear the view was and how the hud just hung there in previous halo games. now looking out through the visor...

[quote name='Mattte']So I don't give a damn about the pre order bonuses. Are they worth hanging onto to unload in a few months or should I sell them now while everyone is losing their shit over them?[/QUOTE]

NOW!!! they can be unlocked in the game

[quote name='dirtyvu']man, the warthog is kind of like a sports car now. engine sounds more like a car than a truck and the handling is tight. [/QUOTE]

All the new weapon sound effects are also amazing. Same for the Jetpack. These kind of little things just put the game over the top. 343 could have easily mailed it in and just reused all these things but put the time and effort into improving them.

[quote name='KaneRobot']My preorder armor (Amazon) has disappeared. Wore it all day yesterday, now it's not in my loadout screen. Redownloaded it to make sure. What in the actual fuck.

Shouldn't it be in your folder with the Halo 4 files on your hard drive? It's not there now, but I didn't check to see if it was to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the bulletproof and spartan emblems?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nope. Were preorders supposed to?[/QUOTE]

Ya, if you look at the Halo 4 pre-order thread in the deals section you will see the same thing on the last page.

I guess there is no way to search for co-op campaign games like in Reach? You have to set it up yourself a la Halo 3? Anyone in the mood for a co-op campaign run? I only played the first chapter and wanna play through the game and watch all the cutscenes. Doesn't have to be tonight but I'm basically working during the day and can play from 7:00 till midnight.

So I broke down and bought it, played through Chapter 1 of the Campaign and the first Spartan Ops Mission. The Campaign part was pretty good except for
that long fight outside
, but I didn't think too highly of the Spartan Ops Mission. Every 30-60 seconds or so the game would hang since it was in multiplayer. It really took me out of it.

loving it so far. btb and pro slayer are the way to go. though i am confused as to why in pro the kept the death cams on/ oh well, still way beyond expectations and my expectations were huge.

Playing the Campaign some more, and I can't say that
I'm a big fan of the Prometheans. They're like the Flood, except they take longer to kill.
I'll admit that I'm enjoying the Campaign right now, even though I think it's a bit on the hard side and the last level I played dragged on for too long.

I'm having fun with much of the campaign but it devolves into a huge fucking grind at times and it's not fun at all. And when you get to the harder part and you die, your checkpoint is back before the long grind through all the shitty units before you can even get back to the part that's hard. 90% of it is great but these parts really fucking suck.

Typical Halo. I'd have been done with it by now but I have to put the game down for at least an hour before the frustration goes away and I can attempt these parts again.

I agree. I've been having a major problem with running out of Ammo in this game due to the long firefights and enemies taking forever to kill and not dropping more guns. It wears on you quite a bit.

[quote name='KingBroly']I agree. I've been having a major problem with running out of Ammo in this game due to the long firefights and enemies taking forever to kill and not dropping more guns.[/QUOTE]
I have that problem in every Halo game. :lol:

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Looking for some multiplayer later if anyone is interested. Probably just War Games, but I'll get more into Spartan Ops once I finish the campaign.[/QUOTE]

Hit me up. Live GT is Dokstarr

Also if anyone else is looking for people to play multi with add me. I haven't found any people with a mic or people to play with seriously.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Not liking the fact theres like no weapons to pick up off the ground in match making anymore[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!!!!!

Why the fuck don't the weapons stay on the ground!?!?!? You'd think with the new system of the same weapons not always spawning and spawning in different locations, when a weapon is picked up and isn't empty it would stay on the ground if someone died with it!!!

Also why do we not get full or like double ammo with the BR/DMR?? I burn through my ammo so fast with the DMR, there should be like ammo dumps on the maps or bases of objective type games like there are in Spartan Ops.

Was finally able to open up my copy last night and jumped into the multiplayer. Really enjoying it so far (wasn't a fan of Halo 3 MP).

I redeemed my BB preorder codes and similar to other people's reports they didn't show up in my game.

yea i had my dude in all his armor on tuesday but last night when i got on all my preorder dlc items were not showing up in game. every time i ranked up they would show up in the list on unlocks, but still not in game menu to choose. hopefully they will fix this issue soon.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Not liking the fact theres like no weapons to pick up off the ground in match making anymore[/QUOTE]

Is there a timer on how long a weapon sits there or something?

I've had mixed results. One time I was able to pick up the energy sword of someone I just killed, but other times the sniper they were using isn't anywhere to be seen.

I asked earlier but not sure if anyone replied, but I paid for war pass and it says you get two helmets and an emblem? Where are they I can't seem to find them?

[quote name='Mattte']Is there a timer on how long a weapon sits there or something?

I've had mixed results. One time I was able to pick up the energy sword of someone I just killed, but other times the sniper they were using isn't anywhere to be seen.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, well like the sniper rifle for example will be available to pick up because you see the icon on your HUD but just stuff like BR, DMR, Pistols etc there are none. Its most probably due to having load outs (like Call of Duty you can't pick up weapons either). It just doesn't feel right.

[quote name='KingBroly']I agree. I've been having a major problem with running out of Ammo in this game due to the long firefights and enemies taking forever to kill and not dropping more guns. It wears on you quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

All the enemies drop something. The Promethean weapons dissolve after a short period though. So if you want something, you gotta run in and get it.

Also, don't forget you can pick up a shit weapon and trade it out with a Marine for his.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I asked earlier but not sure if anyone replied, but I paid for war pass and it says you get two helmets and an emblem? Where are they I can't seem to find them?

I don't think so, well like the sniper rifle for example will be available to pick up because you see the icon on your HUD but just stuff like BR, DMR, Pistols etc there are none. Its most probably due to having load outs (like Call of Duty you can't pick up weapons either). It just doesn't feel right.[/QUOTE]

Well you can pick up weapons off dead players and sometimes if you die and had a good power weapon it will still be there, but you have to go and get it quick. Only nades and power weapons spawn on the map, you can't pick up nades normally off a dead enemy, but there is a perk that allows you to pick up nades and also have an extra one, but you can only choose one of them not both.

I like the infinite sprint and double ammo package, I rarely run out of ammo and I like to move or escape without having to stop.

[quote name='Corvin']All the enemies drop something. The Promethean weapons dissolve after a short period though. So if you want something, you gotta run in and get it.

Also, don't forget you can pick up a shit weapon and trade it out with a Marine for his.[/QUOTE]

That's helpful advice. I was wondering why those balls of light were hanging around.

But yeah, this game has a lot of unnecessary COD in it. But I guess they started that with Reach, which is just another reason to hate it.

bread's done
Back