Halo 4 out November 6th!!

yeah, the terminals in Halo Anniversary will give you far more information about Halo 4 than any of the other Halo games.

there's a lot of good information in the Anniversary terminals. probably all wiki'ed now so if you can't play Anniversary. though everyone should play Anniversary! it's a beautiful game.

I'm ashamed to say I completely forgot about Halo Anniversary until reading those last few posts. I haven't played Halo 1 since I first bought an original Xbox and don't remember a thing about the ending. Guess I'm heading off to the wiki for a refresher on the series.

[quote name='hack']Looks like disc 2 is just for installation. When booting up disc 2, the only option is to Install Disc 2. After its done installing, it says to place disc 1 back in.[/QUOTE]Thanks.

[quote name='hack']Looks like disc 2 is just for installation. When booting up disc 2, the only option is to Install Disc 2. After its done installing, it says to place disc 1 back in.[/QUOTE]
you bastard. hahaha

[quote name='woodcan']I'm ashamed to say I completely forgot about Halo Anniversary until reading those last few posts.[/QUOTE]

I just played through it last week in prep for the new one after sitting on it since it came out. Just on normal, really should go back with someone and play through on Legendary with a couple of skulls on that make it easier. Will add it to the backlog.

[quote name='KaneRobot']So is EGM the "we'll give a lower score because we like attention" site this time around? Or have other (noteworthy) sites joined in?

Man, I used to love that magazine back in the early-mid 90's. I figured Steve Harris resurrecting it a while back would be the best thing to happen to it in forever, but that has not been the case.[/QUOTE]

no, that would be either the new Gamespot who loves to hate on titles and write poetic trash or Eurogamer that like to pose as elitist snobs. in either case, it's usually by a British author. it's amazing how much of Gamespot is now British.

343i even mentioned in numerous interviews that they would give tidbits in the terminals directly relating to Halo 4.

if you go back and play Anniversary to find the terminals, use some guide because the locations are not always obvious.

heck, with all the recording going on, maybe you can just youtube them.

There's an FAQ in this week's Halo Bulletin (link here) that discusses a bunch of different things. The did mention there will be armor related to waypoint as well as for finding terminals, etc.

Also here are the matchmaking playlists available at launch:

Infinity Slayer – 4 v. 4
The newly introduced Infinity Slayer variant allows Spartans to earn points during the course of a match, which can eventually be leveraged to call in ordnance from overhead. Ordnance drops within Infinity Slayer consist of three selectable but randomly generated weapons or power-ups, the latter of which can alter a Spartan’s speed, shielding or ability to issue damage.

Big Team Infinity Slayer – 8 v. 8
Same as above, in an 8 v. 8 setting

Dominion – 6 v. 6
Teams are pitted against each other to capture, fortify and resupply bases to win. After infiltrating a base, a player can capture it for their team, whether it is a neutral base or a base previously claimed by the enemy. When a team has held a base for long enough, it will automatically fortify, defending itself with turret emplacements and energy shields. Holding a base earns teams points for each resupply, and provides teams with heavy ordnance drops and vehicles each supply cycle.

Regicide – 6-player FFA
The Spartan in first place is the King. As the King racks up kills, their bounty increases, thereby increasing the points other Spartans gain from killing the King. All other Spartans’ heads-up displays and motion sensors give away the King’s location at all times during the match, aggressively focusing combat wherever the point leader happens to be.

Flood – 10 players
Within this War Games simulation, the deadly parasite has returned – a group of Spartans have been transformed into incredibly fast and deadly Flood combat forms. As the Flood, players are forced to destroy uninfected Spartans, converting them into Flood combat form allies. As an uninfected Spartan, the player’s goal is to survive the seemingly never-ending Flood onslaught, staving off transformation into the parasite.

Capture the Flag – 5 v. 5
Played with up to four teams, each of which has their own Flag. The goal of each team is to steal an enemy team’s Flag, while protecting their own. Once a team has grabbed a Flag, they must return it to their own capture point to score. Flag carriers are only able to use a Magnum or the Flag itself as a weapon.

Oddball – 5 v. 5
With up to eight teams in combat, the goal of the War Games simulation called Oddball is to hold onto the ball the longest. While holding the ball, a player or team will gain points, but the player holding the ball is unable to defend themselves with their weapon. Players are also able throw the ball or use it as a weapon for close-range melee attacks.

King of the Hill – 5 v. 5
Reminiscent of schoolyard skirmishes, the War Games competition known as King of the Hill pits up to eight teams against each other in a struggle to hold a specific territory. While this is a classic game type, its most recent iteration offers a variety of new scoring methods, including a focus on individual performance in addition to the team’s collective effort.

Team Slayer Pro – 4 v. 4
This playlist features the following settings: No Radar, 3 Loadouts (DMR, AR or BR with 1 grenade and Resupply Tactical Package), Player Movement Speed, Reload Speed and Weapon Swap Speed set to 110%, Friendly Fire ON, Score to win Round 60 Kills, No Map Loadouts, and No Custom Loadouts.

I'm really hoping SWAT will make a return soon after launch. They have talked about it on the 343 Podcast and in a few different interviews. It will be really interesting with the option of both the DMR & BR for loadouts.

Which brings an important point - which rifle will you be unlocking first? I'll be going with the DMR.

[quote name='MtlTom']There's an FAQ in this week's Halo Bulletin (link here) that discusses a bunch of different things. The did mention there will be armor related to waypoint as well as for finding terminals, etc.

I'm really hoping SWAT will make a return soon after launch. They have talked about it on the 343 Podcast and in a few different interviews. It will be really interesting with the option of both the DMR & BR for loadouts.

Which brings an important point - which rifle will you be unlocking first? I'll be going with the DMR.[/QUOTE]
yes. swat is my go to gametype, and it needs to return. i will for sure use the br if it does come back.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just played through it last week in prep for the new one after sitting on it since it came out. Just on normal, really should go back with someone and play through on Legendary with a couple of skulls on that make it easier. Will add it to the backlog.[/QUOTE]

I recently did the same, only on Heroic. Didnt really use any skulls but it was quite enjoyable, the remastered graphics really do make a difference and I loved the terminals.

[quote name='MtlTom']There's an FAQ in this week's Halo Bulletin (link here) that discusses a bunch of different things. The did mention there will be armor related to waypoint as well as for finding terminals, etc.

Which brings an important point - which rifle will you be unlocking first? I'll be going with the DMR.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what I'll unlock first, but I also hope we see SWAT as well as a classic slayer mode (with none of this ordinance stuff) soon after release.

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm really hoping SWAT will make a return soon after launch. They have talked about it on the 343 Podcast and in a few different interviews. It will be really interesting with the option of both the DMR & BR for loadouts.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='RELISCH']yes. swat is my go to gametype, and it needs to return. i will for sure use the br if it does come back.[/QUOTE]

Isn't SWAT available from the get-go? Those can't be the only Playlists available at launch, that's pathetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS4YntqCbbs&feature=g-subs-u

[quote name='GamerDude316']
Not sure what I'll unlock first, but I also hope we see SWAT as well as a classic slayer mode (with none of this ordinance stuff) soon after release.[/QUOTE]
Slayer Pro is the "classic" mode. You don't get personal ordinance & there is no armor ability. The "world ordinance" is still going for that gametype, which is more like the traditional map weapon spawns.

[quote name='dotCody']Isn't SWAT available from the get-go? Those can't be the only Playlists available at launch, that's pathetic.
[/QUOTE]
I'm willing to bet it's a gametype on the disc (like Griffball) that you'll be able to play in customs. It'll probably get added to matchmaking shortly after launch. It might show up in Infinity Slayer as a vote option, kind of like how SWAT was in Team Slayer for the first few weeks of Reach. I highly doubt they'll take it out since SWAT is one of the most popular playlists in Reach.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Just saw the Walmart midnight launch ad while watching the Browns game on CBS. Can't wait!!![/QUOTE]

Ehhhh I don't like that, wal mart is my go to spot for picking up games at release because they are 24 hours, where the gamestops and the bestbuys open up at midnight for the release. I want to get in and get out at wal mart while people are waiting at the the GS and BB lol.

yeah, i think mlg, swat, and grifball will be the first playlists added to the online multiplayer on an update. i know the game ships with them as local custom games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MtlTom']Slayer Pro is the "classic" mode. You don't get personal ordinance & there is no armor ability. The "world ordinance" is still going for that gametype, which is more like the traditional map weapon spawns..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that after posting. I also expect grifball will be added soon after release

[quote name='RELISCH']yeah, i think mlg, swat, and grifball will be the first playlists added to the online multiplayer on an update. i know the game ships with them as local custom games.[/QUOTE]

I think that after this many games in the series, and these playlists popularity, it's inexcusable that these modes don't ship with the game for matchmaking.

While my 14yr old son loves the MP and making custom maps, I'm strictly a Campaign person. Cannot wait to start playing this!

[quote name='Corvin']I think that after this many games in the series, and these playlists popularity, it's inexcusable that these modes don't ship with the game for matchmaking.[/QUOTE]

This.

Guess since there is no MLG for online, Slayer Pro it shall be then.

[quote name='Corvin']I think that after this many games in the series, and these playlists popularity, it's inexcusable that these modes don't ship with the game for matchmaking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']This.

Guess since there is no MLG for online, Slayer Pro it shall be then.[/QUOTE]
I can kind of understand with Griffball & MLG since they're community gametypes & the respective communities make slight changes to the default maps/gametypes in order to cater to their playstyles. I remember Griffball was in Reach by default, but didn't show up for a month or two until the maps were finalized by the community.

MLG only just got the game this weekend so I'm sure they're working on settings. (They were running modified versions of Infinity Slayer with no radar & preset loadouts).

SWAT on the otherhand is inexcusable. Like I said before, I'm sure we'll see it in matchmaking soon enough.

I tried not to get increasingly excited as each day passed; that big ass Halo 4 ad with the countdown in the dashboard though made that impossible.

[quote name='Daywalker']I tried not to get increasingly excited as each day passed; that big ass Halo 4 ad with the countdown in the dashboard though made that impossible.[/QUOTE]

It's hard. I never get excited for games, after being burned by so many. I have felt myself getting ramped up for Halo 4. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but how about that last Forward Unto Dawn episode?

[quote name='krashhole']While my 14yr old son loves the MP and making custom maps, I'm strictly a Campaign person. Cannot wait to start playing this![/QUOTE]

Bah, everyone is capable of making maps except me. I feel like an idiot when I try to make a map...

[quote name='bjstucker']Sure it has been brought up but anyone interested in teaming up for the weekly missions?

GT: DeadFoxBlues[/QUOTE]

I'm up for it. Going to see who on my friends list has it/ wants to play it, but I am definitely down for some Spartan Ops

Is there any DLC for stuff outside of preorders? Like the soundtrack, novels, controller, anything else?

I know there's the double XP from dew + doritos.

Hmmm seems all my friends want to play infinity slayer. So I guess that is what I am playing tonight :)

[quote name='VoltronGuy']Is there any DLC for stuff outside of preorders? Like the soundtrack, novels, controller, anything else?

I know there's the double XP from dew + doritos.[/QUOTE]

The Tritton headset has a code. So does the controller. However those are both avatar clothing :wall:

Alright, I get to pick up 2 copies later on! (Standard at GameStop and Limited at Best Buy), so I'll have both of those bonuses plus the Walmart one, hope I can find the Microsoft Store/Amazon(I really like this one)/King of the Hill App stuff sometime as I'd like to get as much as I can.

anyone who pre-ordered on best buy and got express (launch day delivery) shipping not have theirs shipped yet? annoying....

I gotta pick up my LE tomorrow morning since my bestbuy is about 30mins away. I assume with bestbuy, the preorder codes will be emailed a couple days later?

should be emailed tomorrow. all i know is that if i have to wait until thursday or later i am going to get my money back for shipping. i knew i should have just pre-ordered at my local walmart.

[quote name='garrett007']I gotta pick up my LE tomorrow morning since my bestbuy is about 30mins away. I assume with bestbuy, the preorder codes will be emailed a couple days later?[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you on this last time I got an LE from best buy someone (worker there) bought it, they said it was first come first serve. :wall:

I went to Gamestops midnight release. Got there around 8:45. Already 10 or so people there. Paid off our stuff at 9, then we got to go into the movie theater next door and play/watch Halo 4 multiplayer on the big screens. Holy crap. It sounded like a real war. It was awesome. The smell, noise and general obnoxiousness of the people there, was not.

[quote name='intoxicated662']what the...just opened up my standard Halo 4 game and there is no manual, just a 14 day xbl trial along with Disc 1 & Disc 2.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is the case. Not that surprising, more and more games don't come with manuals or come with 1 or 2 page manuals.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I believe this is the case. Not that surprising, more and more games don't come with manuals or come with 1 or 2 page manuals.[/QUOTE]

So far, it's been the only game i've purchased that didn't have a manual. Unless of course, Resident Evil 6 is the same I wouldn't know it's still sealed lol along with a couple of other games. They should at least state it on the cover somewhere or something. I didn't see anyone mention this in their reviews or preview. I knew I should have gotten the LE!! :roll:

The Limited Edition doesn't have one either.

The intro videos for the campaign and war games...Cool as hell. 343i is treating the canon with much more care and it shows. I'm loving this game so far

bread's done
Back