Halo 4 out November 6th!!

Am I the only one who thinks MLG is the nerdiest thing in the world and that kids should stop taking it so seriously like it's the leader of the Free World?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Really, dude? Are you seriously trying to throw words in my mouth? You were talking about exploits and not playing the game designers intended and you just go full on with things that are blatant cheating.[/QUOTE]

Do you not understand what the word exploit means? Like, literally, the agreed upon definition used in language? And, further, do you know what cheat means?

Exploit: Use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way
  • - the company was exploiting a legal loophole
  • - accusations that he exploited a wealthy patient

Cheat: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination
  • - she always cheats at cards
Notice any similarities there?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Also, big LMAO at your last sentence. I compete in fighting game tournaments and well aware of my own skill level. Sorry, try again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny too. Glad you did as well. Glitching tournaments are hilariously sad. Let me post it again for even more laughs to be had.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']This is why online gaming sucks. Losers justify their actions because it makes them feel good.[/QUOTE]

---

[quote name='dotCody']Am I the only one who thinks MLG is the nerdiest thing in the world and that kids should stop taking it so seriously like it's the leader of the Free World?[/QUOTE]
I thought only the people in MLG took it seriously. Doesn't everyone else laugh at them? Like, literally, everyone else?

Isn't it the only Major League 'anything' where cheating is allowed and essentially encouraged, as well as being sedentary?

So we are playing with words now? Fine.

Google gives me this:

"ex·ploit/ikˈsploit/
Verb:
Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource): "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology".
Noun:
A bold or daring feat: "the most heroic and secretive exploits of the war"."

But let's go with your definitions, for the sake of the argument.

"Exploit: Use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way"
Awesome, I don't see much wrong with it. You know what I love doing in Halo? Exploiting the power weapons and killing people shortly after they spawn. It might seem unfair to the people getting killed but they lost their intitial push and are now at a disadvantage. It does not mean they automatically lose, just that they have to work harder to compete. Is it selfish? Sure!! I want to win, and every kill I get brings my team score up by 1. Why in the world would I want to make it easy for the other team? It is still a 100% legit in game tactic that BOTH sides are capable of doing.

"Cheat: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination"

Yup, sounds about right. This is where modders, hackers, and lag switchers fit into. It's no different than punching player 2 in the face or disconnecting his controller. These are outside of ALL the game's rules.

I don't see much of an issue here besides word play, and you've completely ignored the part of my post that addressed this stuff anyway.

in other news...

Popped in Halo 2 tonight, I gotta say after seeing what 343 did with Anniversary, I'd be all for a remastered Halo 2 as well.

Looking at the game and watching forward unto dawn has me looking forward to playing halo and i know i am not like most fanboys but I enjoy the halo games.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']So we are playing with words now? Fine.
Google gives me this:

"ex·ploit/ikˈsploit/
Verb:
Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource): "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology".
Noun:
A bold or daring feat: "the most heroic and secretive exploits of the war"."

But let's go with your definitions, for the sake of the argument.

"Exploit: Use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way"
Awesome, I don't see much wrong with it. You know what I love doing in Halo? Exploiting the power weapons and killing people shortly after they spawn. It might seem unfair to the people getting killed but they lost their intitial push and are now at a disadvantage. It does not mean they automatically lose, just that they have to work harder to compete. Is it selfish? Sure!! I want to win, and every kill I get brings my team score up by 1. Why in the world would I want to make it easy for the other team? It is still a 100% legit in game tactic that BOTH sides are capable of doing.

"Cheat: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination"

Yup, sounds about right. This is where modders, hackers, and lag switchers fit into. It's no different than punching player 2 in the face or disconnecting his controller. These are outside of ALL the game's rules.

I don't see much of an issue here besides word play, and you've completely ignored the part of my post that addressed this stuff anyway.
[/QUOTE]
This is painful.

I posted I was glad they removed the flag juggle glitch.

You stated it was something you used and were fine with.

I explained, with a definition, straight from google no less, that an exploit is cheating. It's the exact same as hacking, modding, lag switching, or any other form of cheating. No exceptions. It gives an unfair advantage to a player and ruins the game for others.

You get defensive, claiming I'm misusing your own statements, but then claim that you use exploits to win.

I explain how it's cheating, and also point out how it's sad that you proudly state you're in gaming tournaments with elite skills, yet you need to cheat to win.

You then misuse a definition for some reason. Google gives three definitions for exploit;

1. Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)
    • - 500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology
  2. Use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way
    • - the company was exploiting a legal loophole
    • - accusations that he exploited a wealthy patient
  3. Benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them
    • - making money does not always mean exploiting others
except the first and third do not fit this situation. Unfortunately, you do not realize that, so you bring up a definition for no reason, and then discard it. I still don't know why you brought it up.

You then agree that flag juggling fits as an exploit from the definition I cite, and that it is thus cheating, and then explain that you need to cheat to win.

For some bizarre reason you then bring up balanced situations, claiming them to be cheats. No one said a rocket launcher is cheating. This tangent leads to no valuable argument, and just comes across as a desperate retort, and also makes you look foolish. Do you comprehend the definitions posted above? The game designers expect you to use a rocket launcher. That's why it's in the game. You do understand that the weapons are made by the game makers, and are thus there for a reason, right?

Flag juggling is an exploit, and is cheating. It's not how the game was intended to be played, and ruins the balance. You are supposed to move slower as your teammates are supposed to protect you. Flag juggling is no different from weapon sliding or glitching out of the map in Gears of War, from using the Javelin Glitch in Modern Warfare 2, from partially glitching through doors in Rainbow 6 Vegas to shoot opponents but not be able to be shot yourself, or from falling through floors in or getting under the map in GTAIV's multiplayer. These ruin the game and are cowardly exploits to make up for your lacking skills as a gamer.

If your gaming skill is that pathetic that you must cheat to beat online strangers to make up for your own personal insecurities, that's really sad.

Stop replying already. You stressed you need your exploits as a lousy gamer, and each reply you give is somehow worse than your previous responses.

[quote name='GamerDude316']in other news...

Popped in Halo 2 tonight, I gotta say after seeing what 343 did with Anniversary, I'd be all for a remastered Halo 2 as well.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they'll do same thing they did with Anniversary and have it come with maps for Halo 4.

What's painful is your selective reading. I don't know to make this any clearer.

Everyone. Can. Flag. Juggle. Everyone. There is nothing in the game's rules that say you can't flag juggle. The game does not prevent or penalize you from flag juggling. It is an exploit in the sense you are taking full advantage of dropping the flag and picking it up so you travel faster.So, everyone can do it and the game allows everyone to do it.....how is this cheating? How does this give one player an unfair advantage over someone else when BOTH players have access to the same tools.

Also, I'm not disagreeing with your definitions, I'm telling you why I don't think they equate to cheating. That first definition especially, it's literally just about using something that works again and again in many situations. Like taking the sniper, a long range weapon, and exploiting it's headshot damage by rushing people down with it and using it like a shogtun. I'm pretty sure the devs never had that in mind, but again, I don't care. If it works, I'll keep doing it, regardless of developer intent. And I'm not saying this is even a good strategy before anyone responds, but it is something I'll do if I'm feeling ballsy.
The 3rd definition doesn't really apply unless you get into team politics and junk. So , by all means, tear down my justifications of the definitions, but don't tell me I don't understand it.

"For some bizarre reason you then bring up balanced situations, claiming them to be cheats. No one said a rocket launcher is cheating. This tangent leads to no valuable argument, and just comes across as a desperate retort, and also makes you look foolish. Do you comprehend the definitions posted above? The game designers expect you to use a rocket launcher. That's why it's in the game. You do understand that the weapons are made by the game makers, and are thus there for a reason, right?"

This right here speaks wonders and it's really telling me that you have no idea what your talking about. I mean first of all I never said anything about a rocket launcher, I said POWER WEAPON, and Halo has many of those. Secondly, the situation I was describing was locking down the other team down so I kill them quickly as they spawn. My goal is to kill them before they can reasonably fight back (I dunno if this was possible in Reach though). If you think flag juggling is cheating, there is no way you'd consider this to be any good. I'm glad you called them balanced situations though.

The games not even out yet and you guys are crying and arguing over cheating. Drop it already holy shit, no one seems to really care but you two.

[quote name='hustletron']The games not even out yet and you guys are crying and arguing over cheating. Drop it already holy shit, no one seems to really care but you two.[/QUOTE]

+1

Take it to PMs. Nobody else cares.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Yeah, God forbid there is actual gameplay discussion on CAG. We can't have none of that.[/QUOTE]

no, there is discussion over what is considered an exploit or a glitch, hardly actual gameplay discussion...

In further effort to steer the thread away from bickering....

The soundtrack is pretty good. It doesn't have that over-the-topic orchestra sound or the rock undertones, but thats okay. I'm fine with 343 establishing this as a "new Halo" and the music sets it apart. So far, the stand-out track is "Requiem". This is the kind of thing to put in if you work at a desk job and let it play while you work through the day.

I got the standard CD w/ 3 extra songs + 3 remixes. The remixes seem pretty solid if you're into dubstep type stuff.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']In further effort to steer the thread away from bickering....

The soundtrack is pretty good. It doesn't have that over-the-topic orchestra sound or the rock undertones, but thats okay. I'm fine with 343 establishing this as a "new Halo" and the music sets it apart. So far, the stand-out track is "Requiem". This is the kind of thing to put in if you work at a desk job and let it play while you work through the day.

I got the standard CD w/ 3 extra songs + 3 remixes. The remixes seem pretty solid if you're into dubstep type stuff.[/QUOTE]

that's good to know. I've actually been listening to the Reach soundtrack at my desk job lately, will have to snag the soundtrack for Halo 4 on iTunes.

Its underwhelming. It definitely does not have any themes that are memorable unlike the original trilogy. It goes in the ODST, different, but still good territory

Like I said a few pages ago, it's good. Goes off the usual path a bit but not so much that it is jarring.

However, after hearing it like half a dozen times or so, I'm pretty convinced that there could be a standout, identifiable theme or three in here, depending on how and when the music is used. I think the problem for me, at least at first, was missing all the music we're used to in these games. Once I tuned that out I started noticing stuff that could definitely be memorable (again depending on when and how it is used in the game) and carry through the trilogy.

[quote name='Palomino0513']Does anyone know where I might be able to preorder Halo 4 LE?[/QUOTE]

Unless someone cancels a pre order you'll have to get it release day in store

[quote name='slickkill77']Unless someone cancels a pre order you'll have to get it release day in store[/QUOTE]

What are the chances of the having them in stock?

[quote name='MtlTom']One of my friends just sold his FOTUS armor on eBay for $93.

Really people? Really?[/QUOTE]

never ceases to amaze how much people will pay for this armor stuff.

Wow. I'm pretty sure that armor isn't exclusive to the console either. I think its one of the last armors you can unlock so it may take a while. I could be wrong but I thought I read that on the Halo Waypoint forums.

I don't think I'll ever understand the obsession with dressing up a 1st person character. Someone paid $93 so that someone else could see he has FOTUS armor.

Yeah, I sold my fotus armor for $85, the best buy preorder armor for $40 and the gamestop armor for $26. All told, as a true CAG, I got the LE game and LE console for basically zero (sold one of the LE controllers for $105 and my current system for $140).

I'm keeping the DLC from the LE game because I want that cryo chamber for my avatar, but I do not get the allure of dressing up a character for 1st person. Then again, I don't play a lot of 1st person games online/multiplayer. So, maybe there's something I'm not getting. Either way, none of it is worth (to me) the prices people are willing to pay. But, hey, they're happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.

Probably old news, but I just saw this on the Dashboard:

20121030212540581.jpg

Play Halo 4 online between launch and 11/20 and get early access to those customizations. Code will be sent on or about 11/30.

[quote name='Trakan']Are you guys selling the fotus armor on eBay? I always get digital content taken down within hours.[/QUOTE]

Unless I missed it, I don't see anything on the prohibited items list. I am just curious, what reason did they give?

Actually I did see something about it, but it's very vague.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Unless I missed it, I don't see anything on the prohibited items list. I am just curious, what reason did they give?

Actually I did see something about it, but it's very vague.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Your listing has been removed.

We do not allow the sale of virtual items or related software that may violate a company?s copyright. In this case you have listed an item which is not tangible and is only available in a virtual setting. Virtual items include, but are not limited to: online accounts, game characters, game currency, game points, power leveling services, etc. Please do not relist this item.
[/FONT]

This is the reason they provide. Mine get taken down yet I still see 20 other auctions from other sellers for the same exact thing.

I know that specialization info is old news, but shit, they are fucking the owners of the LE.

[quote name='Trakan']This is the reason they provide. Mine get taken down yet I still see 20 other auctions from other sellers for the same exact thing.

I know that specialization info is old news, but shit, they are fucking the owners of the LE.[/QUOTE]

I think you have to write the description in a way so it says you're receiving the ACTUAL cardboard card that contains the code.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I think you have to write the description in a way so it says you're receiving the ACTUAL cardboard card that contains the code.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've always done. I actually take a video of me packaging and sealing the card as well when or if I send it. I usually give the email delivery option as well.

[quote name='Trakan']This is the reason they provide. Mine get taken down yet I still see 20 other auctions from other sellers for the same exact thing.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me too when I tried to sell a Gears 3 preorder skin. I didn't mention sending the actual card in the description, though, as previous posters suggested. Maybe I'll try that next time.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Yeah, I sold my fotus armor for $85, the best buy preorder armor for $40 and the gamestop armor for $26. All told, as a true CAG, I got the LE game and LE console for basically zero (sold one of the LE controllers for $105 and my current system for $140).

I'm keeping the DLC from the LE game because I want that cryo chamber for my avatar, but I do not get the allure of dressing up a character for 1st person. Then again, I don't play a lot of 1st person games online/multiplayer. So, maybe there's something I'm not getting. Either way, none of it is worth (to me) the prices people are willing to pay. But, hey, they're happy, I'm happy, we're all happy.[/QUOTE]

How did you sell the Best Buy armor? They did not even send it yet.

The key to selling DLC is to sell the card that it comes on, not the code. If the buyer requests that I email the code, so be it. I'm a courteous and compliant seller. ;)

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']The key to selling DLC is to sell the card that it comes on, not the code. If the buyer requests that I email the code, so be it. I'm a courteous and compliant seller. ;)[/QUOTE]

Some DLC doesn't come on a card, it's a code emailed from a retailer.

I did say that I would mail out the code in my auction, for what it's worth. Maybe they didn't like that I mentioned I would also email the code if that method was preferred?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Ign 9.8/10

g4tv 4.5/5

destructoid 10/10

joystiq 5/5

GameInformer 9.25/10[/QUOTE]

IGN review reads as though written by a 12 year old at times. "monitor-melting" "a triumph" "testosterone-inducing"

bread's done
Back