Halo 4 out November 6th!!

Man, if I didn't believe that the next gen Xbox was around the corner in '13, I'd be all over this damn thing.

halo610.jpg

Also, that Forward unto Dawn trailer makes me feel even better about my preorder of the LE. That looks like it's gonna be good!

That's a fancy looking console. So tempted to finally purchase a game themed console (for any system). I wonder if the included multiplayer skins and accessories are the same as the limited edition. If only I had the Reach and Halo 3/ODST controllers to make up the 4 controllers for that collection.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...d-to-be-in-Development-at-343-Industries.html

I think we all saw this coming.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Still excited for it though. I liked that game quite a bit, and if this version manages to get rid of all that pop-in that the original game had I'll be more than satisfied. I also didn't mind the ending at all...still not sure why people were so up in arms about it. Cliffhangers are staples of the second part of a trilogy. It'll be pretty awesome to have the entire Halo series on one console (backwards compatibility nonwithstanding).

Console looks really neat but I can't bring myself to buy another 360 when the new one is a year and change away.

IMO the 60 dollar seperate controller looks a lot better than the one that comes with the console. But i think its cool to see blue lights on the xbox and controllers, instead of the normal color.

Console looks great, maybe if my Slim breaks down (which may actually be happening, twice today it has freezed on discs which NEVER happens) I'll bite.

[quote name='The 7th Number']IMO the 60 dollar seperate controller looks a lot better than the one that comes with the console. But i think its cool to see blue lights on the xbox and controllers, instead of the normal color.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I liked the look of alternate colors (especially blue) on modded 360s but other then modding it up, there was no way to get those color lights stock. Think the console looks pretty nice, but at this point how many people need to buy another special edition 360? Seems like sales would be low unless everyone just has 8 360s, each a different "special edition bundle".

[quote name='The 7th Number']IMO the 60 dollar seperate controller looks a lot better than the one that comes with the console. [/QUOTE]

Most definitely...plus I like the see-through plastic on it, and the system. But I'm happy with my R2D2 X360 and Blue Chrome controller.

[quote name='CyReN']New assassinations look badass.[/QUOTE]

You're no longer defenseless when holding a flag? You can fucking pass the oddball? 343 is shitting all over Bungie with all these changes they're making. A lot of it is stuff that should have been done a long time ago.

343 deserves a ton of credit.

You know I was getting ready to post that it's a bummer that after Halo 3, ODST and Reach all had September launches that it sucks to have to wait 'til November to play 4.

Then I realized that gives me almost 2 solid months with Borderlands 2 and all is well with the world.

Anyone up for some Reach or Halo 3 games leading up to this? I'm looking to get a good multiplayer group ready for Halo 4. Is there still a CAG Grifball team?

Just a warning to any of the people that like the story, the latest trailer has been picked apart and details about what may be the ending were visible. Again, this may not be the actual ending, but I'm not taking any chances on having it spoiled, so tread teh interwebs lightly in regards to Halo 4.

[quote name='tgk2044']Just a warning to any of the people that like the story, the latest trailer has been picked apart and details about what may be the ending were visible. Again, this may not be the actual ending, but I'm not taking any chances on having it spoiled, so tread teh interwebs lightly in regards to Halo 4.[/QUOTE]
Do you have a link to this? Or an idea where this is?

Not that I'd want the story ruined, I just have no idea what's going on from what I've been piecing together.

After playing through Anniversary and going to Halo wiki pages, all I can gather is:
-The Librarian seems to have created the monitors.
-343/Spark mentions that she imparted some of her intelligence into them, or something along that idea.
-343 explains that the other monitors have stopped communicating with him, and are either Rampant or have ceased to function (possibly being destroyed).
-343 also mentions something about a Didact.
-Evidently Didact is prone to anger, which would make him a great antagonist to any who opposed him.
-Didact would be a greater threat than the Flood.
-343 mentions that the Flood could be in greater number beyond the galaxy. And that they could be a much larger threat (Flood in the Reclaimer trilogy...no, please...no).
-There were 12 Halo rings.

According to wiki sites:
-Didact was the lover to the Librarian.
-Librarian sacrificed herself and ordered the Halos to be fired to kill off living species and starve the Flood. Somehow the flood samples survived on the Installations.
-Didact may be the main enemy in Halo 4/the new trilogy.
-The conversations between the Librarian and Didact are the terminals in Halo 3; she was stranded on Earth, and Didact would not fire the Halos unless she was safe. She ordered otherwise.
-343/Spark makes direct reference to the Chief as being a reclaimer, and is even referred to as this in one of the Terminals in Halo 3 when he is caught reading the Terminals.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Do you have a link to this? Or an idea where this is?

Not that I'd want the story ruined, I just have no idea what's going on from what I've been piecing together.

After playing through Anniversary and going to Halo wiki pages, all I can gather is:
-343/Spark mentions that she imparted some of her intelligence into them, or something along that idea.
-343 explains that the other monitors have stopped communicating with him, and are either Rampant or have ceased to function (possibly being destroyed).
-Evidently Didact is prone to anger, which would make him a great antagonist to any who opposed him.
-343 mentions that the Flood could be in greater number beyond the galaxy. And that they could be a much larger threat (Flood in the Reclaimer trilogy...no, please...no).

According to wiki sites:
-Librarian sacrificed herself and ordered the Halos to be fired to kill off living species and starve the Flood. Somehow the flood samples survived on the Installations.
-The conversations between the Librarian and Didact are the terminals in Halo 3; she was stranded on Earth, and Didact would not fire the Halos unless she was safe. She ordered otherwise.
-343/Spark makes direct reference to the Chief as being a reclaimer, and is even referred to as this in one of the Terminals in Halo 3 when he is caught reading the Terminals.
[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts916ohwY-M

[quote name='bjstucker']I work on reach a lot doing daily challenges and what have you. :) Firfight is by and large my favorite mode of any game.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you on Firefight being my favorite. My husband, our best friends, and I play a boatload of SWAT, too.

Halo question: does anyone else have a problem with two xboxes on the same router connecting with the Halo servers? We have the bandwidth for it, but it only works 25% of the time, and my hubs and I don't share so well. It might just be during peak server hours. I'd just like to know if there's a fix.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Do you have a link to this? Or an idea where this is?

According to wiki sites:
[/QUOTE]

Potential spoiler if you read the whole link:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ts-Script-Details--Including-the-Ending-.html

Cannot wait for this game. I pre-ordered at Best Buy and got the Lithograph. I'll be looking for people to play with once the game launches because 99% of my friends will be playing Black Ops 2.

Avatar awards, thanks to Pwnage @ Themexbox:

Knight_Helmet_U.png

Unlock the “Knight in White Assassination” achievement to earn this award.

Platinum_Mark_IV_Helmet_U.png

Unlock the “Wake Up, John” achievement to earn this award.

UNSC_Infinty_Hoodie_M.png
UNSC_Infinty_Hoodie_F.png

Unlock the “Not Some Recruit Anymore” achievement to earn this award.

[quote name='Sally.Caboose']Halo question: does anyone else have a problem with two xboxes on the same router connecting with the Halo servers? We have the bandwidth for it, but it only works 25% of the time, and my hubs and I don't share so well. It might just be during peak server hours. I'd just like to know if there's a fix.[/QUOTE]

This probably isn't helpful but since no one else responded, I don't do it all that often (maybe once every few months) but I never have any problems.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Anyone know of any deals for the stand alone controller?

Also what avatar item comes with the controller, is it worth selling?[/QUOTE]

Amazon usually has the best prices on the limited controllers ( $10 or $15 off usually ) and I think the avatar item is just a shirt, nothing exciting.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Anyone know of any deals for the stand alone controller?

Also what avatar item comes with the controller, is it worth selling?[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know the limited edition controllers that come with the console are different from the ones they are selling by themselves.

2 months, can't wait!!!

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Just to let you know the limited edition controllers that come with the console are different from the ones they are selling by themselves.

2 months, can't wait!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, personally i think the stand alone controllers look a lot better than the ones that come with the console.

Just added a few of you that mentioned you've been playing recently. If anyone else is interested in getting together for some Reach or Halo 3 feel free to add me.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah, personally i think the stand alone controllers look a lot better than the ones that come with the console.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I kinda want to get one, but I already own the MW3 and Gamestop Chrome Blue one so I really don't need another one.

Damn, so I guess they are bringing the Flood back. I know I said I expected it earlier, but I was hoping they'd, you know, be dead because of the events of 3.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Damn, so I guess they are bringing the Flood back. I know I said I expected it earlier, but I was hoping they'd, you know, be dead because of the events of 3.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that too. No desire to kill Flood again...

In other news, started going through the series on Legendary again to get ready for November!

[quote name='hustletron']:roll:Thanks for spoilers[/QUOTE]

Me? That's not a spoiler, it's the current infection game type, but instead of turning yellow/green, you turn into a flood form, using a mutated arm instead of a plasma sword. Hardly a spoiler.

Recently been thinking of getting the Limited Edition of the game over standard. I tend to always only get standard edition games because a) they are cheaper and b) I like all my game cases to match in my collection and tend not to care for the limited edition items. However this copy seems to have quite a lot of decent DLC related items which I know i'd just end up purchasing off the marketplace anyway.

[quote name='tgk2044']Me? That's not a spoiler, it's the current infection game type, but instead of turning yellow/green, you turn into a flood form, using a mutated arm instead of a plasma sword. Hardly a spoiler.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with you in the sense that "343 released the images, it's not a spoiler." That being said I can't load up the game for the first time and see that now, so it is a spoiler. I wish I hadn't seen it on the front page of Kotaku.

[quote name='Trakan']I'll agree with you in the sense that "343 released the images, it's not a spoiler." That being said I can't load up the game for the first time and see that now, so it is a spoiler. I wish I hadn't seen it on the front page of Kotaku.[/QUOTE]

I mean it more-so in a sense that I've never heard of a multiplayer game mode being spoiled before it's release. If there has been something like that in the past then I'm sorry, but I don't see this as an unlockable character or anything that might ruin the experience.

Oh yeah, dont forget to teabag! LOL

And the Halo 4 controller comes out not tomorrow but next tuesday. The 9th. So far i havent seen any deals. Maybe we will see some in this sundays ads hopefully.

I wish I wouldn't have procrastinated on pre-ordering the limited edition. It's sold out everywhere I've looked. I'm hoping I'll find one on the shelf on release day somewhere.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I wish I wouldn't have procrastinated on pre-ordering the limited edition. It's sold out everywhere I've looked. I'm hoping I'll find one on the shelf on release day somewhere.[/QUOTE]

What about in store for gamestop?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']What about in store for gamestop?[/QUOTE]

All my local stores stopped taking them a couple of weeks ago. My local Best Buy stopped last Tuesday. Walmart.com was out of stock last night, but appeared back in stock today. I picked up two, one for myself and one for my brother.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I wish I wouldn't have procrastinated on pre-ordering the limited edition. It's sold out everywhere I've looked. I'm hoping I'll find one on the shelf on release day somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this on Amazon when I tried to pre-order last night, I also went to Gamestop.com and Bestbuy.com and no dice there either.

Not to worried about preorders. It's Halo, they'll probably do everything they can to make more preorders available before launch. I've always just stood in line for new Halo games anyway (the only franchise I do that for) so no big deal to me either way.

For the musically inclined, you may want to check this out:

https://halo4remix.com

I'll probably take a stab at it in the coming week or two.

Thanks for the heads up man, definitely gonna stay off of forums for the game and such until the game comes out and I complete the stuff myself, will have to get all of my information directly on the Halo site or Waypoint now.

bread's done
Back