Halo 4 out November 6th!!

[quote name='GamerDude316']So out of curiousity, who here is planning on getting this at release? I'm thinking about it but also thinking about waiting for a holiday deal since its right around BF and Xmas[/QUOTE]
I was going to skip it since there were so many other games coming out in late 2012 that I was more interested in (BioShock Infinite, Aliens Colonial Marines, Tomb Raider), but now that all of those games have been delayed, I think I will pick this up right away. I'm not even a huge Halo guy but I have some real-life friends who are and will be playing this at release, so that helps.

There is that $25 gift card promo at the Microsoft store, that's a pretty decent preorder deal.

[quote name='GamerDude316']So out of curiousity, who here is planning on getting this at release? I'm thinking about it but also thinking about waiting for a holiday deal since its right around BF and Xmas[/QUOTE]

I'll most likely pick it up early. I don't normally buy games that late in the year since I normally still get a few for Christmas so I do try and hold off on purchases past October or so. Halo is the one series I make an exception for however.

hmm, right now im thinking im going to wait til BF. but if i do pick it up at release, will probably buy it from Best Buy so i can price adjust it later on.

What, Tomb Raider was pushed? I knew about Bioshock getting bumped and was fine with that because I figured Halo 4, Borderlands & Tomb Raider would keep me busy.

[quote name='Corvin']What, Tomb Raider was pushed? I knew about Bioshock getting bumped and was fine with that because I figured Halo 4, Borderlands & Tomb Raider would keep me busy.[/QUOTE]
Yup.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']There is that $25 gift card promo at the Microsoft store, that's a pretty decent preorder deal.[/QUOTE]
I guess you could put that $25 towards a 1600 points card if you were thinking about buying the Halo 4 maps. The map packs seem to usually be 800 points, so you'd be able to get at least 2 of the three that have been mentioned to be included with the content of the Limited Edition.

My Live expires at the start of the next month. If people want to play for those Vidmaster achievements, I'll only have this weekend and next weekend to help out (unless 12 months Live cards go on sale for $30 between that time).

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I guess you could put that $25 towards a 1600 points card if you were thinking about buying the Halo 4 maps. The map packs seem to usually be 800 points, so you'd be able to get at least 2 of the three that have been mentioned to be included with the content of the Limited Edition.

My Live expires at the start of the next month. If people want to play for those Vidmaster achievements, I'll only have this weekend and next weekend to help out (unless 12 months Live cards go on sale for $30 between that time).
[/QUOTE]

Yeah the maps are a possibility too. I dont really use the Microsoft Store that much and I feel like Best Buy or some other place will have a better preorder deal (either $20 GC or free CEA) so that might be a better route for me.

[quote name='Corvin']Borderlands dude![/QUOTE]

I really gotta get going on the first one. Bought the GOTY for $19.99 on Black Friday but have barely done any of the story yet...

I dont know what pre order skin i like best. The pulse is pretty cool, but ive always liked camo that was white/grey or blue/light blue, so that would be cool too. Overall these look so odd to be in halo. Guess im just used to the solid colors.

I'm prob. in the minority, but I truly hate all those camo "pre-order" skins. And with weapon skins, makes me think 343 is stealing a page of the Epic playbook and will have a TON of items (these included) to be purchased in the digital marketplace very soon. Also makes me think Halo 4 (and future Halos) will have the Season Pass (or whatever Epic calls it) just like Gears 3. Ak. Not a fan of all that.

The season pass is just the LE of the game, you get the first three map packs free with it. You're probably right about the weapon skins though, seems right out of Gears.

Hopefully the weapon skins are unlockables, but it's very possible they'll go the Gears route and charge for them, which if they do I'll just stick to using the plain guns because I don't care that much, but if they are there to unlock I'll use them since they're free.

EDIT: Just pre-ordered a copy from Best Buy and got a free lithograph!!!! It looks amazing, I had no idea they were handing these out as well and I looked online and can't find anything on it!

Image after spoiler!

scaled.php

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']The season pass is just the LE of the game, you get the first three map packs free with it. You're probably right about the weapon skins though, seems right out of Gears.[/QUOTE]

Since the LE is $100, the season pass isn't free. It actually just looks like a bundle more than anything.

Game - $60
steelbook & standard goodies - $10
3 map packs - $30

[quote name='Corvin']Since the LE is $100, the season pass isn't free. It actually just looks like a bundle more than anything.

Game - $60
steelbook & standard goodies - $10
3 map packs - $30[/QUOTE]
You're right, free was the wrong word (looks like I've been brainwashed by the marketers). I should have said "included." :)

Right now it seems like a bundle, but if they decide to raise map pack prices to CoD pricing then it will be a decent deal.

probably going to pick this up from Best Buy since they're doing the 1000 Reward Zone points with preorder and purchase of Halo 4. For those that don't know, a 1000 RZ points is equivalent to 20 bucks.

[quote name='DCpinoy']probably going to pick this up from Best Buy since they're doing the 1000 Reward Zone points with preorder and purchase of Halo 4. For those that don't know, a 1000 RZ points is equivalent to 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds good to me.

[quote name='Corvin']Thanks for the heads up. Sounds good to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry you have to be Gamers Club Unlocked though. You should look into it, totally worth it. There's a bunch of other games that are elegible too.

The campaign stuff for the the E3 presser was really really good. The game has never looked better and the the story seems intriguing.

1. WTF is up with the shooting not lining up with the crosshairs... ?

2. I am not good at Halo, but... WTF is up with the person doing the live demo... Christ he blows.

I'll probably pick this up, my friend is a Halo fan and will probably want to do Co-op too.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Metroid Prime + Halo = Halo 4?[/QUOTE]
On another site it was mentioned by a poster that some of the staff working on Halo 4 had worked on the previous Metroid Prime games. Maybe that's where the design influence of the visor and pictured enemy on Halo's site come from.

I was able to renew my Live subscription, so if anyone wants to do those Halo achievements, I can still help out.

[quote name='kirby145']I put in an order on Amazon since they will probably have to gift card match the other stores. .99 Release day ship ;)[/QUOTE]

Think they will match the MS store deal for the 25 dollar toward future purchase?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Think they will match the MS store deal for the 25 dollar toward future purchase?[/QUOTE]

Considering they havent even offered a standard $10 credit yet...I doubt it.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I was able to renew my Live subscription, so if anyone wants to do those Halo achievements, I can still help out.[/QUOTE]
Do you have ODST? I need to beat that one still.

[quote name='dotCody']Multiplayer gameplay:
VIDEOS[/QUOTE]
I'm somewhat surprised by that game play. It looks familiar, but off. I liked in Halo 3 and Reach how when you were on a killing spree it just told you it. You didn't feel obligated to hold off and hide for that one extra kill to get the spree, it was just self rewarding.

When I play Halo I want to have the same starting setup as every other player. I want the same advantages and disadvantages as everyone else. That's why it's competitive; we're all the same, so it truly is a measure of how well you can out play the other team.

My complaints will easily be avoided, so long as they offer a separate play option of classic styled Halo, with access to several playlist featuring different game types, and not one playlist where you have to vote to hopefully get the play type you're after.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Do you have ODST? I need to beat that one still.[/QUOTE]
I do still have it, but I'll have to reinstall it. Let me know if you want to play so I can clear out some space for the install.

If you want others to play it, it is 4 player. If you're interested in going for the Vidmasters attached to ODST, I'd help with that too. They're not hard, just long.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I do still have it, but I'll have to reinstall it. Let me know if you want to play so I can clear out some space for the install.

If you want others to play it, it is 4 player. If you're interested in going for the Vidmasters attached to ODST, I'd help with that too. They're not hard, just long.[/QUOTE]
I thought you weren't supposed to install Halo 3 and ODST, because of the unique way that engine caches maps to the HDD. It actually causes levels to load slower. Or so I've read.

Anyway, I'm not after anything fancy, I'm about halfway through the campaign on Legendary co-op and I'd be happy to just finish that. Or go through beginning to end if we get a group together (I didn't realize it was 4 players, that's cool).

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I thought you weren't supposed to install Halo 3 and ODST, because of the unique way that engine caches maps to the HDD. It actually causes levels to load slower. Or so I've read.

Anyway, I'm not after anything fancy, I'm about halfway through the campaign on Legendary co-op and I'd be happy to just finish that. Or go through beginning to end if we get a group together (I didn't realize it was 4 players, that's cool).[/QUOTE]
ODST you can install; Bungie used the hard drive for 3 as it was in development before Microsoft would update the Xbox to allow installs. ODST was made while they were aware of the upcoming install option, so they made it work appropriately with that feature.

If you install Halo 3 to your hard drive it should only slow loading by a few seconds, so it won't destroy your game playing. It's just note worthy because if you played online it would slow the loading in the game match setup, causing impatient gamers to complain.

If you have a spare flash drive laying around you can install Halo 3 to that and it should run fractions of seconds better, while saving your disc drive. My Halo 3 disc looks horrible compared to my other games, except Gears of War. My disk drive on my old model seriously wore those games from long nights of multiplayer, so I try to install them to preserve whatever life they have left.

The thing I don't like about the Halo games is that there's no DLC for single players at all. Every dlc is multiplayer, multiplayer, multiplayer.

[quote name='praxus07']The thing I don't like about the Halo games is that there's no DLC for single players at all. Every dlc is multiplayer, multiplayer, multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Might want to read some of the halo news. Spartan ops is single player/coop missions every week

Has it been revealed if they're still keeping Theater mode in this release? And is there any information explaining if this game is still keeping the 4 player Campaign option?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Might want to read some of the halo news. Spartan ops is single player/coop missions every week[/QUOTE]

I like this idea a lot for Halo, perhaps this is what the weekly challenges have evolved into + the dynamic potential of new missions.

did you read that H4 will likely require 8GB's of HDD space just to play? so slims w/out HDDs may be SoL.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/halo-4-requires-at-least-8gb-flash-drive-hard-drive-recommen/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='100xp']I like this idea a lot for Halo, perhaps this is what the weekly challenges have evolved into + the dynamic potential of new missions.

did you read that H4 will likely require 8GB's of HDD space just to play? so slims w/out HDDs may be SoL.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/halo-4-requires-at-least-8gb-flash-drive-hard-drive-recommen/[/QUOTE]

lol ya, but if it helps the game run better, I am all for it. I got a 250gb drive with plenty of room and I always install my games.

Awesome news! Hopefully they'll make the maps exportable again for H4. It'd be nice if they could make all existing maps work in H4.

bread's done
Back