Halo 4 out November 6th!!

I'm not sure issue you guys are talking about with picking up weapons off of dead enemies. I almost always replace my pistol with another rifle as soon as I kill an enemy. I've also been making it a point to pick up the Light Rifle when I can to get a feel for it. I've also picked up power weapons from dead enemies. Of course every map has its own world ordinance drops.

The only thing I'm a little torn about is drop-in/drop-out on the multiplayer. I've found it's kind of inconsistent filling up your team. It's kind of lame when you start a game 3 v 4 & never get a 4th.

Just out of curiosity, how is Legendary? I've seen a lot of posts here & on other forums that the difficulty is ramped up quite a bit & can be frustrating. I haven't started yet so please keep spoilers out. I've beaten all of the previous games on Legendary. I'm torn if I should do a lower difficulty run to enjoy the story & come back to it or just get Legendary done. Any input would be appreciated!

[quote name='Scouter']thrust was such a waste of credit. ;_;[/QUOTE]

I'm still finding what I like, but I tried out Thrust when playing Flood mode. I feel it's not as effective as "evade" was.

anyone getting a metroid: prime vibe when playing this game....the environments seem similar, and at times, the music does as well.

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm not sure issue you guys are talking about with picking up weapons off of dead enemies. I almost always replace my pistol with another rifle as soon as I kill an enemy. I've also been making it a point to pick up the Light Rifle when I can to get a feel for it. I've also picked up power weapons from dead enemies. Of course every map has its own world ordinance drops.

The only thing I'm a little torn about is drop-in/drop-out on the multiplayer. I've found it's kind of inconsistent filling up your team. It's kind of lame when you start a game 3 v 4 & never get a 4th.

Just out of curiosity, how is Legendary? I've seen a lot of posts here & on other forums that the difficulty is ramped up quite a bit & can be frustrating. I haven't started yet so please keep spoilers out. I've beaten all of the previous games on Legendary. I'm torn if I should do a lower difficulty run to enjoy the story & come back to it or just get Legendary done. Any input would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

The only problem I've had so far on Legendary is on about 3 or 4 occasions where there are a lot of enemies when ammo is scarce. Took a bit of back tracking to reload (and get lucky) before I'd pass those parts.

Trying to figure out some loadouts I may want to use, and thinking of a dual weapon loadout where I'd use a DMR / Battlerifle and one of the automatic weapons. I'm thinking suppressor, but does any of the weapons have any major advantages of the other that I may be overlooking? Storm Rifle lacks ammo pickup, but you don't have to worry about reloading (which hardly comes into play for me), but unsure otherwise.

[quote name='dafoomie']I'm having fun with much of the campaign but it devolves into a huge fucking grind at times and it's not fun at all. And when you get to the harder part and you die, your checkpoint is back before the long grind through all the shitty units before you can even get back to the part that's hard. 90% of it is great but these parts really fucking suck.

Typical Halo. I'd have been done with it by now but I have to put the game down for at least an hour before the frustration goes away and I can attempt these parts again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingBroly']I agree. I've been having a major problem with running out of Ammo in this game due to the long firefights and enemies taking forever to kill and not dropping more guns. It wears on you quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

I was having the same issue, especially with the Knights. They wouldn't really attack me, but I'd run out of all my ammo when fighting just one. Unfortunately, I had assumed that they just had health, and would die after so many shots. I didn't realize they actually have a shield on them.

If you shoot them enough, they stumble and a blue flame seems to extinguish around their face; that's their shield. Usually they'll try to teleport away, and this is when they quickly regenerate it (even without the Watchers). This is why my fights on Legendary were taking so long. Essentially, as soon as that flame is extinguished that's when you want to be most aggressive with them. I've actually been reading to just rush them with the Suppressor firing at this point, and they should die by the end of the magazine.

Someone on some game site also posted that if you're using the light rifle on the Knights, make sure to reload after about 7 shots. By the time you extinguish their shield, you'll need to reload soon, so you'll miss you chance to kill them because they'll teleport away when you cease firing. The earlier reload prevents you from running out of shots to finish them off.

The assist, distraction, wingman, and headshot kills medals all have a value to help your team get the lead in slayer games now. I was driving a Rocket-Hog while my gunner took out a Ghost. He earned 20 points for a kill and a vehicle destruction (10 points each), and I earned 5 points for being his driver. That one kill earned our team 25 points.

We shortly came up on a sniper who was firing at a teammate. When my gunner blew that sniper away, we earned our 25 points, and the guy being shot at earned a distraction medal of 5 points, so total we got our team 30 points. When I earned the wingman medal it gave me an addition 10 points, while my gunner got the killing spree medal, giving him additional points as well.

I really like that it's encouraging you to play with others, and not be a lone spartan. In the previous Halos, a team of people taking out a Warthog was the same score value as one guy doing it, but this time they've made it so that it's worth the team point value to work as a group.

And oddly the perfection system is easier to obtain this time. You don't need to be on the winning team, nor do you need to have 15 kills. I received the Perfection Commendation yesterday for having over 15 kills, but was on the losing team. Then I earned it again a few matches later for having 14 kills and being on the winning team. It seems to include assists as kills, stats wise, so that helps you get over the 15.

I wonder how many it takes to get that wrist armor that no one will notice?

What sane person will be able to play 140 hours in a fucking month? If it included campaign and MP I'd kinda understand but I think it will be MP cumulative.

Did anyone run into this problem? I launched the game just to install the 2nd disc (I have not played it at all yet). So I selected Infinity, then pick I think it was Wargames, and then it put up the screen saying to install disc two. I press A it then says to insert disc 2. So I press the Eject button on my Xbox so I can put in disc 2 and it dumps me back to the Xbox dashboard! I tried it again, making sure I was following the prompts and the same thing happened again.

Fortunately there is also the option to install from Xbox live, so I am doing that instead, but weird.

EDIT: and like that I think I just realized that I'm supposed to launch disc 2 like it was a game. Well, that's confusing, so that's my excuse. LOL. :) Oh well, installing from the internets will work too.

Legendary wasn't bad at all. Really only one or two parts at most where I continually died. I never really felt like it was being cheap though like Veteran in COD. The pistol is an awesome weapon especially against enemies that are 1 shot head shot kills.

[quote name='crunchewy']Did anyone run into this problem? I launched the game just to install the 2nd disc (I have not played it at all yet). So I selected Infinity, then pick I think it was Wargames, and then it put up the screen saying to install disc two. I press A it then says to insert disc 2. So I press the Eject button on my Xbox so I can put in disc 2 and it dumps me back to the Xbox dashboard! I tried it again, making sure I was following the prompts and the same thing happened again.

Fortunately there is also the option to install from Xbox live, so I am doing that instead, but weird.

EDIT: and like that I think I just realized that I'm supposed to launch disc 2 like it was a game. Well, that's confusing, so that's my excuse. LOL. :) Oh well, installing from the internets will work too.[/QUOTE]
Yes I was confused at first as well.
Disc 2 is just that an install and you play everything from disc1.

[quote name='GUNNM']What sane person will be able to play 140 hours in a fucking month? If it included campaign and MP I'd kinda understand but I think it will be MP cumulative.[/QUOTE]
I wish they'd tell us if Spartan Ops counts as multiplayer, as well as playing the Campaign Online Cooperatively. I assume they don't, but it's annoying that with each of these reward offers they don't give a clear explanation as to what does and does not count.

Good god, I'm having a hard time switching from Battlefield back to Halo. The multiplayer is great so far, but I might as well have spent two hours playing with mittens on.

I keep trying to click on the stick to meele pissing me off I sucked my first 10 matches all better now though what is everyone's level I am 17 currently. Was also wondering if anyone knew how to get the other specializations (wetworks..etc)

[quote name='bjstucker']I keep trying to click on the stick to meele pissing me off I sucked my first 10 matches all better now though what is everyone's level I am 17 currently. Was also wondering if anyone knew how to get the other specializations (wetworks..etc)[/QUOTE]

Don't specializations unlock at level 54?

Mission 1- 9 deaths
Mission 2- 19 deaths
Mission 3- 65 deaths
Mission 4- 23 deaths
Mission 5- 42 deaths
Mission 6- 53 deaths
Mission 7- 71 deaths
Mission 8- 29 deaths

Those are my deaths playing on Legendary. My best advice for Legendary, use the auto sentry to your advantage. Always keep a BR/DMR/LR on hand. Pick up and use the incinerator canon on Knights.

This is the best campaign I've played since Bioshock. Definitely top 3 along with A Link to the Past.

Story: 4, 1, 2, ODST, 3, Reach
Multiplayer: 2, 4, 1, 3, Reach

The mix of cut scenes (live action, cartoon/drawn, and cgi) was amazing in the campaign. Some of the scenes were so well done I had a hard time figuring out if it was real or cgi. The ending cut scene specifically before the Legendary ending especially

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Campaign Spoiler. I'm not the last level, so it's about that. Don't click it otherwise.
I guess those rumors of the Star Fox Metroid Fusion Saga game were true after all :\ no shame whatsoever

[quote name='bjstucker']I keep trying to click on the stick to meele pissing me off I sucked my first 10 matches all better now though what is everyone's level I am 17 currently. Was also wondering if anyone knew how to get the other specializations (wetworks..etc)[/QUOTE]

You pick your first Specialization at Spartan Rank 50. Think of the Specializations as some sort of Halo Prestige mode. Read more here.

[quote name='MtlTom']I'm not sure issue you guys are talking about with picking up weapons off of dead enemies. I almost always replace my pistol with another rifle as soon as I kill an enemy. I've also been making it a point to pick up the Light Rifle when I can to get a feel for it.[/QUOTE]

The light rifle (I think it's that one, shoots blue bolts?) is a fucking beast against Elites. By far the most effective non-power weapon on them, IMO.

[quote name='strayfoxx']anyone getting a metroid: prime vibe when playing this game....the environments seem similar, and at times, the music does as well.[/QUOTE]

That's because there are a few key Metroid developers at 343 now. The outdoor level designs, the visor, the Prometheans, the promethean weapons... all have a tinge of Metroid to them. Even the subdued music kinda does.

Here's an article about it.

Am I the only person that thinks that this game's MP is terrible and that Halo 3's was much, much better?

I wish they would make a Classic Slayer that doesn't have loadouts and ordinance drops.

EDIT: Also, there's no FFA Slayer. That seems kinda silly.

I think not being able to pick up grenades off someones corpse without a perk is retarded.

Not a fan of how the new lobby system looks. Doesn't seem Haloish.

Also. DAT BLOOM!

Other then that? This game is incredible MP wise. I don't think I can ever do Reach again outside of mopping up those DLC achievements. Reach did have a pretty good campaign though, but if this better? Well that would be damn impressive.

I got a star wars/star fox feeling from mission 7 and 8 but that was just me. That EGM review where the guy said the campaign is boring and has no variety looks even dumber now.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Am I the only person that thinks that this game's MP is terrible and that Halo 3's was much, much better?

I wish they would make a Classic Slayer that doesn't have loadouts and ordinance drops.

EDIT: Also, there's no FFA Slayer. That seems kinda silly.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

This game has both...Slayer Pro is on the bottom of the match making list. No ordinance drops, no radar etc... It does have load outs though.
And the FFA is called Regicide. 6 player free for all. It's the 4th item on match making

I absolutely love the multiplayer. I haven't loved Halo multi since 2. I absolutely am in love with it. The only thing I don't like is armor abilities. They make sense in game canon, and it's not so much that I mind them, but its more that I just don't find myself using them at all. I used prometian vision a little, and light shield once or twice but I just never think about them at all. Also are headshots easy to get in this game? I have 83 kills and 55 of them are headshots. I don't remember my ratio being that high in any halo game

Beat the Campaign. Took roughly 6:20 to complete on Normal. It's not bad, but I definitely have a lot of unanswered questions. For a short campaign with bullet sponge enemies, it does feel a bit padded in some areas due to the amount of enemies they place in encounters, which usually means I run out of bullets for 1 or both guns by the end. I'd still say ODST, 3 and 1 had better campaigns than this. I can see why people say 'this Halo am better than Bungie's Halo' because they're remembering how terrible Reach was.

[quote name='slickkill77']I got a star wars/star fox feeling from mission 7 and 8 but that was just me. That EGM review where the guy said the campaign is boring and has no variety looks even dumber now.

:whistle2:s

This game has both...Slayer Pro is on the bottom of the match making list. No ordinance drops, no radar etc... It does have load outs though.
And the FFA is called Regicide. 6 player free for all. It's the 4th item on match making

I absolutely love the multiplayer. I haven't loved Halo multi since 2. I absolutely am in love with it. The only thing I don't like is armor abilities. They make sense in game canon, and it's not so much that I mind them, but its more that I just don't find myself using them at all. I used prometian vision a little, and light shield once or twice but I just never think about them at all. Also are headshots easy to get in this game? I have 83 kills and 55 of them are headshots. I don't remember my ratio being that high in any halo game[/QUOTE]

Regicide isn't FFA Slayer.

Slayer pro isn't classic Slayer.

Did you even read what I wrote?

Regicide is free for all slayer. It just has a king so its slightly modified.
"One of the new modes, Regicide, is a free-for-all deathmatch in which one player is the "King," and all other players must attempt to usurp his/her throne. Killing non-King players rewards points as per usual, although not as many as are gained by killing the King, who has a substantial bounty placed upon their heads. Said bounty increases with every successful kill the King accrues during the match, until their demise".

Yes I read what you wrote. What is wrong with slayer pro? It has everything you don't want minus loadouts. Did you even read what I wrote? Or do you just like being a jerk?
"Unlike previous halo titles, Slayer Pro will have its own playlist. There will be three non-customizable loadouts. Each has an AR, DMR, or BR as the primary, a pistol as a secondary, no armor ability, the resupply armor mod (allows players to pick up grenades), and one frag grenade. There will be no motion tracker and a 10% to 15% speed boost to certain actions such as moving and reloading. Finally, there are no ordnance drops. Instead, they are replaced by classic weapon spawns. It heavily resembles Halo Reach's Slayer Pro".

If you're going to question me, then point out where I'm wrong. It seems to me you don't even know what's in the game. But I guess I'm the one that can't read. So where am I wrong exactly?

[quote name='slickkill77']Regicide is free for all slayer. It just has a king so its slightly modified.
"One of the new modes, Regicide, is a free-for-all deathmatch in which one player is the "King," and all other players must attempt to usurp his/her throne. Killing non-King players rewards points as per usual, although not as many as are gained by killing the King, who has a substantial bounty placed upon their heads. Said bounty increases with every successful kill the King accrues during the match, until their demise".

Yes I read what you wrote. What is wrong with slayer pro? It has everything you don't want minus loadouts. Did you even read what I wrote? Or do you just like being a jerk?[/QUOTE]

Regicide adds a score modifier.

Slayer Pro removes the radar.

These are not the same thing.

Ok so you're just really picky. 343i already said they are going to add more playlists. They probably kept the population down to gauge interest in them. Rather than having 1k playlists and splintering the community early on.

As soon as they add SWAT, I'll be a happy guy. Without it, I've been playing CTF and Dominion and not doing too bad. But still, ready for some SWAT.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Am I the only person that thinks that this game's MP is terrible and that Halo 3's was much, much better?

EDIT: Also, there's no FFA Slayer. That seems kinda silly.[/QUOTE]

Your most used weapon is the AR? I don't need to hear your opinion on the MP...

dDkeY.jpg

No smiley emblem. fuck this game. :cry:

Im up to SR37 and I'm still really enjoying it, there are some thigns I don't like but then others that are great, it's to be expected with a new launch/company though. Still getting the Halo vibe, I do want a normal styled FFA in though, Regicide is fun but sometimes I would like to have some more variants to my free for all matches. The plasma grenades don't seem as good either, which is a shame, as is the no grabbing grenades with the one package :/.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Your most used weapon is the AR? I don't need to hear your opinion on the MP...[/QUOTE]

Good to know my opinion isn't valid because I prefer CQC.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Good to know my opinion isn't valid because I prefer CQC.[/QUOTE]

Just saying...you'll be having a better time using the DMR/BR, the far superior starting weapons.

BR is very much suitable for CQC if needed, just as it was in Halo 2.

I kinda wish the Game Types had descriptions with them. Ya know, since the game doesn't have a Manual to tell me this stuff.

I played through Dawn on Legendary, and there was this one part that must've taken me an hour to get past. It just stopped my entire progression through the level up to that point. It was so frustrating.

Got up to SR10 last night in the MP, holding my own which I'm pleased by. As always I have too many deaths (this happens to me in every Halo MP) but I'm getting a decent amount of kills too and not embarrassing myself. Campaign wise I'm only on the 4th or 5th level....damn you 40 hour work week!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Am I the only person that thinks that this game's MP is terrible and that Halo 3's was much, much better?[/QUOTE]

With all the CoD comparisons/changes I was expecting to hate it, so I was pleasantly surprised last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. That being said, I still have some gripes:

- So are there no power weapons on the map anymore? It all comes from Ordinances? That's pretty lame, if so. Everyone making a mad dash for power weapons makes for some great battles at certain choke points.

- no picking up grenades from fallen enemies without a special ability? :roll: Lame as locking the emblems and tying them your level progress.

- the maps? Meh. They're fine, but I'm not impressed so far. I think I only saw 3-4 in about 2 hours last night.

[quote name='Corvin']With all the CoD comparisons/changes I was expecting to hate it, so I was pleasantly surprised last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. That being said, I still have some gripes:

- So are there no power weapons on the map anymore? It all comes from Ordinances? That's pretty lame, if so. Everyone making a mad dash for power weapons makes for some great battles at certain choke points.

- no picking up grenades from fallen enemies without a special ability? :roll: Lame as locking the emblems and tying them your level progress.

- the maps? Meh. They're fine, but I'm not impressed so far. I think I only saw 3-4 in about 2 hours last night.[/QUOTE]

There are definitely power weapon spawns on some maps. Haven always has a Scattershot spawn at the bottom of the map in the middle. Solace always has an Energy Sword and an Incineration Cannon spawn at the bottom of the map in the middle. Adrift always has an Energy Sword spawn at the top of the map in the middle. (These are all in Infinity Slayer.)

I like the no grenade pickup change. Grenades are definitely a staple of Halo, but there's a lot less spam now. I think skill during gunfights should take priority.

I agree on some of the maps. There's maybe three or four I really like and I think are the best maps since 2, and the rest are awful. I wish I could delete Abandon and never play it again.

[quote name='KingBroly']I kinda wish the Game Types had descriptions with them. Ya know, since the game doesn't have a Manual to tell me this stuff.[/QUOTE]

I was confused as hell as to what a few of the game types were. Took me a few games to figure out how Regicide worked. If you load up a custom game, the description for the game types is more descriptive than it is in War Games.

Also realized after installing the game last night that the War Games Map Pass(i.e. all 3 map packs) were on the disc. I have a 2GB War Games file on the hard drive, as does everyone else. The Map Pass on the marketplace is just a key.

That's some Capcom-ish bullshit right there. So everyone who bought Halo 4 has 9 bonus maps installed ready to play but are under lock and key until you pay up some more on a later date.

[rant]Also since that's the case, I think those that bought the LE should have access to the maps now. The pool of players will be smaller, but fuck it, it's bought and paid for and already installed, so give me access to my content. Hell, even people that bought the 108kb "key" should get immediate access.[/rant]

[quote name='Corvin']Also realized after installing the game last night that the War Games Map Pass(i.e. all 3 map packs) were on the disc. I have a 2GB War Games file on the hard drive, as does everyone else. The Map Pass on the marketplace is just a key.

That's some Capcom-ish bullshit right there. So everyone who bought Halo 4 has 9 bonus maps installed ready to play but are under lock and key until you pay up some more on a later date.

[rant]Also since that's the case, I think those that bought the LE should have access to the maps now. The pool of players will be smaller, but fuck it, it's bought and paid for and already installed, so give me access to my content. Hell, even people that bought the 108kb "key" should get immediate access.[/rant][/QUOTE]

This is not surprising, sad but it seems it has become the way of the gaming world.

[quote name='Corvin']Also realized after installing the game last night that the War Games Map Pass(i.e. all 3 map packs) were on the disc. I have a 2GB War Games file on the hard drive, as does everyone else. The Map Pass on the marketplace is just a key.

[rant]Also since that's the case, I think those that bought the LE should have access to the maps now. The pool of players will be smaller, but fuck it, it's bought and paid for and already installed, so give me access to my content. Hell, even people that bought the 108kb "key" should get immediate access.[/rant][/QUOTE]
Couldn't that 2 gigs just be the original 10 maps that are in the game now? Do you know for sure that the 9 DLC maps are in there as well?

SWAT is coming next week!

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/11/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-11812-.aspx

And if the MP maps are on-disc, I'm pretty sure someone would have cracked it by now. Just sayin. The season pass is small since all it does is allow you to access the content at no charge (through the game) when it becomes available.

EDIT: Does anyone have the picture with all of the armor & unlock requirements? Or a link to the requirements? I've only found partial lists & can't find a complete one.

Well ALL season passes are just unlock keys. They entitle you to download other content, they aren't the content itself. The fact that the pass is a 108kb download doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

The key question is what does the forced multiplayer install data contain. My guess is it only contains the 10 maps that are in the game currently. We'll find out when the first map pack comes out, if it's a big download or another unlock key.

bread's done
Back