Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

Have they made any mention of the double melee button combo in Halo 1 being intact? I know it's the PC version that they're using, but I don't know if that version had that combo in it or not.
Believe they confirmed those would all still be there but I can't find the article.

Ranking System Detailed:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/29/halo-the-master-chief-collections-ranking-system-detailed-ign-first

"Each playlist within Halo: The Master Chief Collection uses an independent skill-based ranking system that is identical to the leveling system from the original Halo 2," the studio told IGN. "The system uses the same exact XP requirements as the original Halo 2; players will earn XP when they win and lose XP when they lose, and total XP will determine their rank. You will have a skill-based ranking per each playlist; we ultimately decided not to have a 'master' ranking across all four games combined, given that player skill and approach varies radically between game chapters.
"Additionally, we’ve also modified matchmaking to use skill detection, which will put players into the fairest matches faster than any Halo game to date,"

Last edited by a moderator:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospauoQR2jE[/youtube]

Forget the bandana skull, scarab skull is where its at.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospauoQR2jE[/youtube]

Forget the bandana skull, scarab skull is where its at.
My first thought on this...

"Hey legendary difficulty jackal sniper alley. Suck on my balllls.", still so much pent up frustration from years past that will finally be relieved.

mark-vi-gen1-scarredpng-8e9ac0_610w.png
helioskrillpng-8e9abf_610w.png
nightfallpng-8e9ac1_610w.png

Some of the unlocks for Halo 5. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/31/halo-5-guardians-armor-unlocks-from-halo-the-master-chief-collection-revealed-ign-first

***Possible Spoilers Ahead***

343 Industries have unveiled a cool 50 new Xbox One Achievements for Halo: The Master Chief Collection on top of its already towering count of 400.

In total, that’s now 4500 Gamerscore for Halo fans and aficionados to earn when The Master Chief collection launches on November 11, so we hope you didn’t have too much stuff planned in real life next month. By the sounds of it, more Achievements are on the way too, according to 343 Community Manager “B is for Bravo.”

He unveiled the new list earlier today. Check it out below:

CUSTOM GAMES & MISC.
Game Master: Created and saved 5 Custom Game types. 5 GS

Master Forger: Created and saved 5 Custom Maps in Forge. 5 GS

Bite the Hand: Kill a 343 developer in matchmaking or someone who has this achievement. 10 GS

HALO: CE
Goat Roped: Halo CE: Complete all Halo: CE Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours. 30 GS

HALO 2
Monopolized: Halo 2: Complete all Halo 2 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours. 30 GS

Destination Vacation: Halo 2: View one of the seasonal signs on Zanzibar in classic multiplayer. 10 GS

Why So Serious: Halo 2: View the smiling face in the classic multiplayer map Coagulation. 5 GS

Why Am I Here?: Halo 2: View this hidden message on the classic Beaver Creek map. 5 GS

Animal Habitat: Halo 2: Spot the hippo on the walls of Headlong in classic multiplayer. 5 GS

Sid Graffiti: Halo 2: Spot the Sid graffiti on the walls of Coagulation in classic multiplayer. 5 GS

HALO 2: ANNIVERSARY
Invaders Repelled: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In King of the Hill, kill 5 opponents within your controlled hill. 10 GS

Triple Threat: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In Ricochet, pass once, score once, and kill at least one enemy in the same match. 10 GS

Bombing Run: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In Assault, take, plant, and score from the bomb spawn without dying or dropping the bomb. 10 GS

Cold Fusion: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Kill an opponent by detonating a Fusion Coil. 5 GS

Counter-Sniped: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: With a Sniper Rifle or Beam Rifle kill an enemy that was zoomed in. 10 GS

Eminent Domain: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In Territories, control any 3 Territories simultaneously for 30 seconds. 10 GS

Stayin’ Alive: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In Juggernaut, survive as the Juggernaut for 30 seconds. 10 GS

Top Gungoose: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Get a kill with the Gungoose while airborne. 10 GS

Bloody Thirsty!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Bloodline. 5 GS

Thirst Locked Down!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Lockdown. 5 GS

Rule Your Thirst!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Warlord. 5 GS

High Altitude Thirst!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Zenith. 5 GS

Worship Your Thirst!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Shrine. 5 GS

Gate Your Thirst!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Found and destroyed the BLAST soda can on Stonetown. 5 GS

BLASTacular!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Destroyed all the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer BLAST soda cans. 15 GS

The Goose is Loose: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Get 25 kills with the Gungoose in multiplayer. 10 GS

Shook the Hornet’s Nest: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Get 30 kills with the Hornet in multiplayer. 10 GS

Skeet Shooter: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Killed 15 opponents that were airborne from a Man Cannon. 10 GS

Red vs Blue: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Win 10 matches on Bloodline in multiplayer. 10 GS

Cold as Ice: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Lockdown, kill an opponent with the hanging ice. 10 GS

Power Play: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Warlord, get 5 Overshield powerups that become available in a single game. 10 GS

Shields Up!: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Zenith, personally activate the center energy shield 3 times in one matchmade game. 10 GS

Wetwork: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: On Shrine in CTF, activate the enemy base waterfall and, before it stops, grab the flag. 5 GS

MVP: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Finished as the top player on your team in a matchmade game. 5 GS

Grand Theft Halo: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In one match, steal a total of 5 occupied vehicles from opponents. 10 GS

Tour of Duty: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Complete a game in every one of the 6 updated Anniversary MP maps. 10 GS

Double Down: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In Anniversary multiplayer, receive 2 or more Double Kill medals. 10 GS

Warden: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: In Anniversary matchmaking, stop the killing spree of another player. 10 GS

Blown Out of the Sky: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Blow up the Banshee or Hornet in flight while piloted, with the Rocket Launcher. 10 GS

Decorated Warrior: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Get awarded at least 10 different medals in one non-team multiplayer game. 10 GS

Ninja Redux: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Kill 5 people with melee from behind in Anniversary matchmaking. 10 GS

Flaming Ninja Anniversary: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Kill an opponent that has the Ninja Redux achievement in Anniversary matchmaking. 10 GS

Legend Slayer: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Kill an opponent that has the Legendary Anniversary achievement. 10 GS

Zealot: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Win 10 multiplayer games as an Elite. 10 GS

Put Up Your Dukes: Halo 2: Anniversary MP: Get 25 melee kills in multiplayer. 10 GS

HALO 3
Devastating: Halo 3: Complete all Halo 3 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours. 30 GS

Man on the Moon: Halo 3: He’s watching you. 5 GS

Hippo Hero: Halo 3: Who DARED to discard this brave animal? 5 GS

Elder Signs: Halo 3: View 2 different sigils on Valhalla. 10 GS

HALO 4
You’re Joking: Halo 4: Complete all Halo 4 Legendary campaign missions in under 3 hours. 30 GS

Why the heck does the game have 20 gb update at launch that is pretty awful. Guys my friend will not be playing it until next wed he has like 6 mbs internet. These large updates at lunch are getting old fast.

The beautiful thing about Halo coming out on the 11th is that the 11th is Veterans Day. I believe all schools and most work places will be closed to recognize the holiday.

:)

The beautiful thing about Halo coming out on the 11th is that the 11th is Veterans Day. I believe all schools and most work places will be closed to recognize the holiday.

:)
And people will be waiting for giant update. Only work places would be like gov buildings

And people will be waiting for giant update. Only work places would be like gov buildings
yup, I couldn't take the waiting so I bought it digitally--took me about 6 hours to fully download the game itself. Update is still pending.

I know a lot of people are having thoughts about the update, but the only way to get ahead on that is to download it digitally, I'd say. I feel your pain.

Why the heck does the game have 20 gb update at launch that is pretty awful. Guys my friend will not be playing it until next wed he has like 6 mbs internet. These large updates at lunch are getting old fast.
You haven't been following this game at all have you? It's the entire online portion of the game. Its not a fix or patch. They didn't want to make the game 2 discs.

Who has an Xbox One and doesn't have internet? What would be the point of having one right now? If they don't have internet they don't need the update in the first place because it is entirely multiplayer

I wish there was a way to pre-download the update if you got the game coming on a disc. I bought the game with Amazon Credit.

My internet will take forever to download it.

You haven't been following this game at all have you? It's the entire online portion of the game. Its not a fix or patch. They didn't want to make the game 2 discs.

Who has an Xbox One and doesn't have internet? What would be the point of having one right now? If they don't have internet they don't need the update in the first place because it is entirely multiplayer
And you can play the campaign while that update's installing. Not bad at all.

The digital download is more profitable and should have certain advantages anyway.

Uh, 15GB Day One patch totally sucks balls.  I was on the fence for awhile and this game made me actually buy an Xbone.  I wanted to hop onto MP immediately once I picked up my BB preorder.  So much for that.

they hav einternet it's took him over night to update a game he got when he got system this summer. No reason the game could not be two disc why would you support this aboutmaking a giant update instead of including a 2nd disc

Well 15GB is lower then 20GB.

Put your system in standby mode and it will download even when off as long as you have auto updates checked off.

Anyone have XBox One fan issues? Mine went away but is now back. Sounds like a cricket on the right of the sytem, goes away with some canned air for a bit then comes back, also does not make the noise at all on standby mode. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the recent updates, no idea.

Similiar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOLeUg1J-do (and thats on a brand new sunset bundle)

Mine might have been more faint months ago but it's becoming more noticeable.

Considering my warranty is good till Feb 2017 and I wear a headset for gaming sound 90% of the time I'm probably just going to wait it out but curious as to how many others are having this issue. Seems to be pretty common where as system failures are not, maybe failure in the long run with bad fan bearings?

my opinion they should make it anyone can download update but does nothing until you own copy of game. like i said many people are going to be upset come tues with this.

they hav einternet it's took him over night to update a game he got when he got system this summer. No reason the game could not be two disc why would you support this aboutmaking a giant update instead of including a 2nd disc
Because then to go from single player to multi-player Id have to switch discs back and forth and it would be more annoying than DOWNLOADING the ONLINE multi-player and never having to switch the disc out from the console that built itself as being an online system from GO.

Because then to go from single player to multi-player Id have to switch discs back and forth and it would be more annoying than DOWNLOADING the ONLINE multi-player and never having to switch the disc out from the console that built itself as being an online system from GO.
how? seeing games are fully installed now disc change would not be needed. gta v was two disc and did not have to change disc to switch modes.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="12217521" timestamp="1415317382"]my opinion they should make it anyone can download update but does nothing until you own copy of game. like i said many people are going to be upset come tues with this.[/quote]
Am I the only one who read NinjaPenquin777's post?

Edit: nevermind, I see it was digital version only. Now I feel dumb... :p

Well 15GB is lower then 20GB.

Put your system in standby mode and it will download even when off as long as you have auto updates checked off.

Anyone have XBox One fan issues? Mine went away but is now back. Sounds like a cricket on the right of the sytem, goes away with some canned air for a bit then comes back, also does not make the noise at all on standby mode. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the recent updates, no idea.

Considering my warranty is good till Feb 2017 and I wear a headset for gaming sound 90% of the time I'm probably just going to wait it out but curious as to how many others are having this issue. Seems to be pretty common where as system failures are not, maybe failure in the long run with bad fan bearings?
Yeah something must have gotten screwed up in the recent update. My console hasn't had any issues since I got it back in December and now since I got the newest update whenever the system boots up the fan starts spinning like crazy for a few minutes.

bread's done
Back