Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

I'll agree to disagree, but Halo 2 is the main selling point of MCC. There's really no way you can debate this, it's been evident since it's not only the 10th year anniversary plus it's the only game in the collection getting truly remastered altogether. We've haven't seen anything yet from CE, 3, or 4 on MCC yet.

I could be wrong about this, but the MP population on 3/Reach today is on par with the game population in Halo 4. I'm positive enough to say at least Reach/H4 average around 15k daily players at any given time, not so sure about Halo 3, but I know it's pulls at least 10k on a bad day.
Lastly, I can't speak for every Halo player, but "modern" doesn't always work out. Halo 4 and games like Rainbow Six Vegas 1 with the cover system and 2 with the sprint addition don't always work out. Halo 4 plays too much like Call of Duty to say I fully enjoy it plus the maps overall weren't the best.

MCC is pure nostalgia since 75% are fairly old games. Halo 1/2 still have a very loyal and dedicated fanbase behind them as well as H3 to some extent. H4 isn't bad by no means, but it isn't a true Halo game nor do I believe many people would want to play it mainly.
I agree with you that H2 will get the spotlight as I'm a good example of an old school Halo player that is making me strongly consider getting an X1 just for this game alone. With that said, I agree with Ebbtide's point about the aging factor. A lot of H2 players have moved on. I am married with a kid now and game less than half the time I used to. I can only imagine the other folks that had more kids and/or started earlier than me. Back then, I was a single teenager that enjoyed playing Counter-strike and Halo. I'd play 4 hour marathons of said titles from midnight to 4am for three days out of the week, week in and week out with my friends in real life. Now, I'm lucky to break 2 hours in one sitting on any given day. Priorities have changed alongside time. You make good points about the loyal fanbase with interesting numbers. H2 will undoubtedly get a boost. But Ebbtide's point does make me wonder if this game will maintain it's surge beyond a few months.

lol @ Ebbtide's squeeky voice mention. so this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I can't be the only one. I would easily buy Halo digitally as you can pre-download it. But you can start playing it at 3 AM ET. For us, that's too long of a wait lol. In that time, I can easily go out and buy a physical copy and install it and play before that.

Almost there--71 days!

You're buying the Collection for Halo 2 MP. All the stuff you listed is the reason why people hate Halo 4.
I just don't buy this line of thinking at all. Sure, for the people that are mainly interested in the multi-player, Halo 2 is definitely the most anticipated aspect of this release. That doesnt mean people will only play H2 multi-player. Every Map ever released is going to be in this package and supposedly, switching between them is going to be extremely fast and easy. Of course, then you have the single player campaign, which is my favorite aspect of the series. Halo is one of a small handful of shooters where I actually became invested in the campaign/story and I am definitely not alone in this regard. Halo's single player campaign is HUGELY popular amongst Halo fans. People don't just play for the multi-player.

IMO, this is the single best gaming deal I have ever seen on the console side of gaming. 4 complete games all running in 1080p 60fps. 2 of the games are newly remastered and every multi-player map ever released will be included, many of which will also be remastered. On top of that you get the digital Halo series being created by Ridley Scott. They could have just released Halo 2 remastered and charged 40-60 bucks and people would have bought it no questions asked. Instead they release the whole series to date in a single package and only charge $60. Given the sheer amount of content, this price point is insane. In the end, its a very smart move as its going to move a LOT of XBox One consoles, which is exactly why they did it in the first place. Now all they need is a holiday bundle that includes the Master Chief Collection and the rest will be history. This may be an older IP, but its one that still has tens of millions of fans the world over and I have yet to see a single one that isn't excited for this release. MCC is MS's ace in the hole this holiday season and its going to pay off in spades.

With Destiny getting mixed reviews from gamers, I wonder if that'll drive more people to this Halo compilation? 

Halo 2 looks damn good, though.  Can't wait.

With Destiny getting mixed reviews from gamers, I wonder if that'll drive more people to this Halo compilation?

Halo 2 looks damn good, though. Can't wait.
Maybe. I know my buddies and I will certainly take a break from Destiny once we are done with most of the content (sans Raids) until December. Halo MP should hold us over until then.

SpryDismalHermitcrab.gif

Actually watching the making of Halo 2 disc now, it's easy to forget how huge the buzz was around it at the time.  That 03 demo from E3 was ridiculous.

I don't know if you guys saw, but both :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 and 2k15 have a digital release date of 12:01 AM ET--as opposed to it being 12:01 AM PT (extra waiting for other people).

So, hopefully it's the same case when Halo rolls around...

I'm pretty sure they will. Especially if the store has a lot of preorders. A week or two before launch they should have a list of stores under the events page.

Is Gamestop (or anyone else) doing a midnight release?
I'm pretty sure they will. Especially if the store has a lot of preorders. A week or two before launch they should have a list of stores under the events page.
I know a Best Buy by me would do midnight releases on big games, but only if they had a large amount of preorders (I don't know the required number). The hype for this title should dictate that stores will have them.

The sixth and final remade map for H2A is Warlock. Lockout is also included, but doesn't say what its new name is. Direct quote with all six and the new names of the remade maps.

Warlock joins Ascension (renamed 'Zenith'), Coagulation (renamed 'Bloodline), Sanctuary (renamed 'Shrine), and Zanzibar (renamed 'Stonetown'), under the new name 'Warlord'. Warlock itself is a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved's Wizard map,
http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-19458-Halo--The-Master-Chief-Collection-s-Final-Halo-2-Multiplayer-Map-Revealed-as-Warlock.html

A lot of info coming this week from ign:

Wednesday: Halo Channel video walkthrough
Thursday: Revealing the Day 1 multiplayer hopper playlists
Friday: Revealing all 4000 Achievement points

Its going to be a long 35 days.

I want to own a physical copy but I want to start playing it right away at 12:01 with a digital copy, not quite sure what to do yet.

I want to own a physical copy but I want to start playing it right away at 12:01 with a digital copy, not quite sure what to do yet.
Depending on your time zone and what MS implements, you might have to wait till 12:01 PST to play.

I'll be buying it digitally and getting a physical copy from Best Buy for the pre-order bonus and game case. I'll then sell it to a friend for $40 or just trade it in.

I would go digital, but I want that bandana skull. Infinite ammo is so much fun.

Still have to install though, could buy and return. Have any preorder bonuses been announced for the digital version?

Depending on your time zone and what MS implements, you might have to wait till 12:01 PST to play.

I'll be buying it digitally and getting a physical copy from Best Buy for the pre-order bonus and game case. I'll then sell it to a friend for $40 or just trade it in.
Believe other games have launched at 12:01am local time but I could be wrong. Would kind of defeat the purpose if I could get a physical copy 3 hours earlier.

I know Forza and NBA have at 12:01 AM ET, but most have been been 12:01 AM PST.
Actually I think they've generally changed it to be Eastern over Pacific. The Evil Within, Sleeping Dogs DE, and Aliens: Isolation all show that they unlock at 12:00am Eastern so I believe they've changed it for future releases as well.

Original maps are still in the game.

Don't have a issue with any of the new map elements though.  Definitely adds more map strategy plus increase the pace of the match instead of just stick to one spot.

I would be pissed too if the originals weren't also there.  There's literally something for everyone with all the content they're giving you in one package.

Multiplayer hoppers available on launch

Halo 2: Anniversaryay

A mix of Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 4v4.

Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble

Challenge seven other opponents on re-mastered maps. This is your fight and yours alone. 8-player Free-For-All.

Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social

Play with a team in unranked Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 5v5.

Team Slayer

Eliminate the enemy team across four Halo games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Nothing but Team Slayer, 24/7. 4v4.

Big Team Battle

Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.

Halo: Combat Evolved

The game that started it all. Play a mix of Slayer and objective game types in Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time on Xbox Live. 4v4.

Halo 2 Classic

It’s back. A mix of the most popular Team Slayer and objective game types from the original Halo 2. 4v4.

Halo 3

A selection of fan-favorite Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 3. 4v4.

Halo 4

A mix of Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 4, on a selection of small to medium-sized maps. 5v5.

Team Hardcore

A collection of tournament-approved game types from Halo 2 and Halo 3. The Battle Rifle is your primary weapon. 4v4.

Halo eSports

The official Halo eSports playlist. 4v4.

SWAT (Rotational)

Aim for the head! A collection of SWAT game types on our favorite maps from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Players have no shields and are equipped with rifles. 4v4.

I thought each game was going to have their own set playlists?

Why can't every Halo game just have Team Slayer, FFA, BTB, CTF?

You choose H1, then you choose one of those four playlists. You choose H2, choose one of those playlists, how hard is that? The game wants me to change my style every time a different Halo comes up on the playlist? 

I do appreciate that they kept Team Hardcore (aka the correct way to play 4v4)

[quote name="A Happy Panda" post="12150040" timestamp="1412894102"]I thought each game was going to have their own set playlists?

You choose H1, then you choose one of those four playlists. You choose H2, choose one of those playlists, how hard is that? The game wants me to change my style every time a different Halo comes up on the playlist?

I do appreciate that they kept Team Hardcore (aka the correct way to play 4v4)[/quote]
In theory that would be great. In practice you would be fragmenting your audience which means it may make it difficult to find enough players depending on the popularity of a particular game.

Yeah I thought they originally said each game would have their own playlist? If I want to specifically play Halo 3 for instance, I shouldn't be forced to play the other games in the series.

Fragmenting shouldn't be an issue since I imagine all of the games will be decently populated, but if any one game wasn't because it isn't fun then you shouldn't force the community to play it anyway.

I thought each game was going to have their own set playlists?

I do appreciate that they kept Team Hardcore (aka the correct way to play 4v4)
They addressed that at one point, they said that having all those playlists would split up the player base too much. You can do whatever you want in custom games but that's never quite the same.

In theory that would be great. In practice you would be fragmenting your audience which means it may make it difficult to find enough players depending on the popularity of a particular game.
They addressed that at one point, they said that having all those playlists would split up the player base too much. You can do whatever you want in custom games but that's never quite the same.
Survival of the fittest if you ask me. Crappiest Halo = lowest audience (too bad, so sad for you Halo 3)

To my understanding, isn't that individual playlists?

1- Halo 1 Team Slayer

2- Halo 2 Team Slayer

3- Halo 3 Team Slayer

4- Halo 4 Team Slayer

4 separate playlists? Unless I misunderstood it.

bread's done
Back