Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

Be a true CAG....sell the skull DLC and pay for at least 1/2 the price of the game, if not more.
But I like to use the skulls. Plus we don't know if places like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, or elsewhere will be getting their own skulls, or even other unlocks. It's the same thing that I didn't like about Fable Anniversary, with content being retailer pre-order specific. Why punish the consumer for buying your game early and at full price by actually removing content from them?

I updated the OP with videos for the beta and collection teaser and a lot of info on the entire collection.

But I like to use the skulls. Plus we don't know if places like Best Buy, Walmart, Target, or elsewhere will be getting their own skulls, or even other unlocks. It's the same thing that I didn't like about Fable Anniversary, with content being retailer pre-order specific. Why punish the consumer for buying your game early and at full price by actually removing content from them?
The GS skull is just like the skull found in Halo Anniversary. Not sure if the bandana skull disabled achievements, but it was fun to run around with infinite rockets.

Actually I jumped on the BB DOTD and got BB exclusive download code with it.

So, only Halo 2 is being remastered?  The other games are straight ports?  I'm confused?  Is Halo CE remastered like they did on the 360?

I'm curious how they handle multiplayer.  Will it be one engine to drive it all or like 4 separate multiplayer games?

Frank O' Conner on IGN's Post Show said yeah Halo 3 already looks good, Halo 2 gets the Anv treatment (like Halo 1 already got).

So, only Halo 2 is being remastered? The other games are straight ports? I'm confused? Is Halo CE remastered like they did on the 360?

I'm curious how they handle multiplayer. Will it be one engine to drive it all or like 4 separate multiplayer games?
halo 1 & 2 get anniversary treatment but all 4 games use their original engines for multiplayer. All on one disc from one menu, you can choose what missions or multiplayer you want to play. There's also campaign playlists so you can choose to play your favorite missions from each separate game one after the other. In the multiplayer lobby everyone can vote on which map from which game they want to play.

AHl4T7Hl.jpg

l1zuMYyl.png

There is an elite in the Spartan ' s reflection at the end but I would guess you've already have this no - named Spartan why add another character to this game?!

There is an elite in the Spartan ' s reflection at the end but I would guess you've already have this no - named Spartan why add another character to this game?!
Yeah his name is Agent Locke and I'm guessing he is questioning the Arbiter.

Some new info pulled form Halo wika

The top Spartan on the cover art is a new male character named Agent Locke.

• The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta will be accessible by preordering Halo: The Master Chief Collection and will run from December 27, 2014, to January 22, 2015. 343 Industries is making the beta very early in the game's development so that they can make actual changes to the gameplay, such as weapon tuning and movement speed, before its release.
  • Exclusive content unlocked in Halo: The Master Chief Collection will carry over to Halo 5: Guardians.
  • The "new Spartan abilities" mentioned in the Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta announcement trailer are not Armor Abilities.

Have you seen this image?   If this is an in-game screenshot, I'm basically preordering a date to crap in my own pants. 

ace6.11compb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else notice when they demonstrated the online capabilities of the Collection that Combat Evolved, 2 and 3 were all featured for Big Team Playlist, but 4 wasn't. Before someone gets finicky about it being Big Team Slayer in 4, that isn't an offered playlist option. All 4 are offered in the Big Rumble, which is 12 player Free For All, but 4 is not featured for 8 vs. 8. Weird, especially considering the new weapons and vehicles offered in it.

The GS skull is just like the skull found in Halo Anniversary. Not sure if the bandana skull disabled achievements, but it was fun to run around with infinite rockets.
No, achievements were not disabled. In fact, Anniversary even had one for using Skulls. That's what displeases me. Bandana was already in Anniversary, yet it seems like it's being removed simply to offer as a pre-order bonus. I wonder if they'll implement use of it in all four of the games.

Also, it's true that the Grunt Funeral Skull never came as DLC to Anniversary. The game offered it with the first run copies of the game with the slipcover and Avatar codes.

Can you recheck that order? I'm pretty certain that the only bonuses for Anniversary were the Master Chief Avatar Codes and the Grunt Funeral Skull. Those were labeled as pre-order bonuses, but were really included with all first run copies, along with the slipcover, and came in package. If I'm mistaken about this I'd like to know. I searched for information about this but cannot find anything retailer specific with the Anniversary release.

Edit:

Grunt Funeral Skull is available from Best Buy with a Pre-order.

Can you recheck that order? I'm pretty certain that the only bonuses for Anniversary were the Master Chief Avatar Codes and the Grunt Funeral Skull. Those were labeled as pre-order bonuses, but were really included with all first run copies, along with the slipcover, and came in package. If I'm mistaken about this I'd like to know. I searched for information about this but cannot find anything retailer specific with the Anniversary release.

Edit:

Grunt Funeral Skull is available from Best Buy with a Pre-order.
Oh my bad, sorry I don't know why I was thinking it but when I saw Anniversary I was thinking Fable Anniversary.

haha that's so true. Still going to get a physical copy unless they can offer everything including one of the pre order bonuses. I could see the beta access and nightfall access capped to first run copies.

Day one download. No reason for a disc copy cuz I'll never trade this shit in. Never.

Anyone know if there'll be a Collectors Edition?
That's a good question. Looking at all the content you get, what else could they offer? I would really like a statue or maybe a custom console. It wouldn't surprise me with amount of copies they will end up selling.

Anyone know if there'll be a Collectors Edition?
From what I've seen, I wouldn't expect one. Combat Evolved Anniversary didn't get one, even though it could have. The only special thing that was offered was the first run stuff I've already mentioned, which I wouldn't be surprised if this one had something similar. As for the idea of a special console, I'd guarantee from a financial stand point that they won't do anything besides maybe a bundle, instead having a special edition console for Halo 5, hoping to get people to buy an additional console because of the unique design.

Oh my bad, sorry I don't know why I was thinking it but when I saw Anniversary I was thinking Fable Anniversary.
Thank you for checking.

haha that's so true. Still going to get a physical copy unless they can offer everything including one of the pre order bonuses. I could see the beta access and nightfall access capped to first run copies.

That's a good question. Looking at all the content you get, what else could they offer? I would really like a statue or maybe a custom console. It wouldn't surprise me with amount of copies they will end up selling.
In the past when Microsoft has done betas included with a game they simply update it to launch from the menu.

I will not buy a DL until my Best Buy Gamer runs out. Hopefully Microsoft released downloadable cards that I can buy at Best Buy fror 20% off. That would be great.
Had those cards not long ago $20 for a $30 Xbox card, at that rate I believe that's more than 20% off since it would be $40 for $60 in credit.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWODLCOINIo[/youtube]

A few new details. The Nightfall show begins on November 11th. The video is definitely worth a watch.

Do you guys this Halo: MCC is gonna be one of the top selling games? I don't think ever, because of it just being limited to one console, so I won't compare it to GTA, but maybe all-time on Xbox One? I mean, what's the current most selling Xbox One game? Titanfall?

Just wondering what it'd compare to and how huge it'll be.

Do you guys this Halo: MCC is gonna be one of the top selling games? I don't think ever, because of it just being limited to one console, so I won't compare it to GTA, but maybe all-time on Xbox One? I mean, what's the current most selling Xbox One game? Titanfall?

Just wondering what it'd compare to and how huge it'll be.
It'll likely take the top selling Xbox One game crown since Halo is a huge seller, but I imagine it'll likely be one of the top 5 best selling games of 2014.

Being limited to one console doesn't affect that since it's worth noting games like The Last of Us sold amazingly well for being system exclusive, so it's not out of the question to say it could sell better than other multiplatform games.

People seem to be universally hyped for this.  It's nostalgia and major hype for the future on a still-fresh and finding it's way console.  At $60 on top of it.  This is going to be a mega huge seller.  Even if it's on one single console.  I daresay it's a system seller for many. 

I was waiting to buy an Xbox One for some sort of Halo announcement. This has done it.
I'll be picking up an X-1 sometime this summer.
Why during the summer? Black Friday is only two weeks after the collection releases. You might as well wait for a Black Friday sale (or at least for the early leaks of the BF sales) in case there's a good deal on the console itself.

Why during the summer? Black Friday is only two weeks after the collection releases. You might as well wait for a Black Friday sale (or at least for the early leaks of the BF sales) in case there's a good deal on the console itself.

Actually the deal at Sam's Club right now is tempting. $429 w/ Kinect and Forza.
I'm not waiting for Black Friday. I want it up and running when the MC Collection comes out, and I'd like to give Destiny a shot too.

If you are going to wait, start "buying" the free GwG games on via the internet to grow your :xb1: backlog. :mrgreen: Like a true CAG!
Pretty much why I got one now instead of later. Got a decent deal, paid $360 after tax for the "full" X1 system (Kinect and all). Downloaded Max and Spartan Assault already, hoping for another decent game or so between now and November and I'll be happy. I already am using gold on the 360, so might as well get more bang for my buck.

My social life ends November 11th.

May as well break up with my girlfriend now.
Meh, might as well keep her around until the 10th.

Unless the 10th is her birthday, then you'd need to lose her on the 9th, so you don't need to buy her anything. This is CAG after all.

Or maybe he could just buy her a controller and hope she plays.  Girls play Halo, right?

It's somewhat sad that this is probably the only way you'll possibly get to play Halo 4's DLC maps, especially the Championship Bundle Maps.  They're so rare to show up in matchmaking.

Girls do play Halo, I knew a girl who was as hooked as I was haha. Plus all the female gamers that do talk online.

This is such a great collection. A lot of content for your $$$. Can't wait for that Nightfall TV show.

Meh, might as well keep her around until the 10th.

Unless the 10th is her birthday, then you'd need to lose her on the 9th, so you don't need to buy her anything. This is CAG after all.
Well, there's Destiny on September 9th.

Or maybe he could just buy her a controller and hope she plays. Girls play Halo, right?

It's somewhat sad that this is probably the only way you'll possibly get to play Halo 4's DLC maps, especially the Championship Bundle Maps. They're so rare to show up in matchmaking.
She loves open world games and RPG's like The Elder Scrolls series. She doesn't really like Halo though. =/

So happy that 343 was able to pull this off. Honestly, I didn't think they would be able to keep Halo 2 multiplayer in tact. Can't wait to spend $60 in November and relive all of the classic Halo maps on Xbox One!

bread's done
Back