Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

I was able to join one Halo 2 classic matchmaking and it was 3v3 1 Flag CTF on Lockout. Felt like playing back in the good ol' days but man do I suck at this game. I used to be awesome but I'm getting completely stomped on every game. I'm talking like 2 kills compared to everyones 15. I guess I need to practice a little more. 

Was able to get two games in the Team Slayer playlist before the problems arose.

I'll try the playlists you recommended, just want to play some MP before I start achievement hunting in the campaigns.

Even though it's tedious, I found that re-starting your Halo (going to Xbox home, quit game, start it up again) helps me find matches quicker. 

And btw, 343, Big Team Battle is NOT 6v6 or even 5v5. It's 8v8 or 7v7. 

:wall:

Even though it's tedious, I found that re-starting your Halo (going to Xbox home, quit game, start it up again) helps me find matches quicker.

And btw, 343, Big Team Battle is NOT 6v6 or even 5v5. It's 8v8 or 7v7.

:wall:
They lowered the player count until they get it fixed. They wrote about in one of their updates.

I've all only managed to play a few games since release and have had multiple crashes. Im not even going to continue playing the Single player since achievements arent unlocking it seems. Between this and Unity Im very disappointed, I wish developers would stop releasing broken games. :(

Had some good matches yesterday. Played about 10 with a 30 second wait time in between each. So far i'm only in the Team Slayer playlist because I find games quickly in that one.

Anyone else having trouble getting Halo: Nightfall to work through the Halo Channel?

Digital owners preferably.

I'm still not having any luck getting into games. I bought a digital copy of the game, so I have been playing since 11/10 @ 11pm cst. Since that time, I have prob been able to get into a total of 5 games. In addition, the games I have gotten into have been uneven....Most notably a 7v4 ctf on a pretty small map.

The 2 games I got into that were even, were great. It is getting pretty annoying at this point though, i hope they figure it out soon. Looking at the waypoint forums, I am definitely not alone.

It keeps telling me to buy MCC in order to watch it, even have the 9.5 MB download for Nightfall installed as well that came with the download code I've received.

It keeps telling me to buy MCC in order to watch it, even have the 9.5 MB download for Nightfall installed as well that came with the download code I've received.
I did not get any kind of code. Maybe delete and install the nightfall app that came with the digital copy?...if you have not already.

I just went and starting playing it again to verify, and yeah, mine is playing with no issue still.

Well I was able to get into two Halo 2 Classic games and one Halo 2 Anniversary game. Took about 3-4min of waiting, and after every match the game freezes and I have to quit it via the xbox menu. Weak. 

Any who, has there been some underground Halo multiplayer ring going on that I didn't know about?? I'm talking every time I get into a match some guy/girl on the other team is completely dominating. For example, played Neutral Bomb and one guy on the other team had 19 kills 0 deaths. I couldn't spawn without getting sniped immediately. Took both snipers on the map and our entire team only got 6 kills. 

Anyone else feel that some of these "par" times are absolutely ridiculous? 15 minutes for Assault on the Control Room?!?
I haven't gone for any of the speed runs yet, but the mission specific time runs can be done on ANY difficulty. I'd imagine Easy mode with certain skulls could make a lot of them a breeze.

I hope they get things fix soon before the Halo 5 beta hit. The install and matchmaking is just a mess with this game.
yeah took my buddy almost 48 hours to download that giant update this day and age it's a joke you think it's smart to not do 2nd disc and make everyone download that big of patch on day one

At this point I'm not sure why they didn't delay the game. They should have clearly seen these issues with it, but they decided to release it anyway. I understand they wanted to rush it out for the holiday's, but they've given themselves a lot of bad publicity and embarrassment for no good reason.

I feel really bad for anyone with bad internet.  I get about 2mb/s on a good day and it still took the game close to 6 hours to be fully ready.  Luckily I had AC Unity on my PS4 so I didn't waste my day off of work.

Also the playlist options suck!  Wish there was a Halo 1 only or 'original xbox' playlist (halo 1/2).  I have absolutely no interest playing halo 3 or 4 multiplayer.

The update makes it harder for people with bad connections to get into matchmaking by virtue of it being so large...  So it's not a bug, it's a feature?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Kazeno Katana" post="12243364" timestamp="1416122151"]At this point I'm not sure why they didn't delay the game. They should have clearly seen these issues with it, but they decided to release it anyway. I understand they wanted to rush it out for the holiday's, but they've given themselves a lot of bad publicity and embarrassment for no good reason.[/quote]
Majority of the sales probably haven't even occurred with it being a holiday release (or the game is sitting in a box waiting to be opened yet). Even with bad publicity they have more in sales then they would make in March. Plus with a 15 gb patch there are plenty of people still waiting to play that are unaware there's an issue... ;)

In reality gamers have themselves to blame. Companies put out games with server issues and the games still sell amazingly well. So what is the penalty for them to push it out to hit a holiday release?

Love me some Halo 2 Classic:

34xi49l.jpg

I finally got into a few games and it's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, but then I was unable to get into another after that. I'm going to trade this back into Best Buy and buy some cheap Xbox currency on Black Friday so I can rebuy digitally (I believe Dollar General has a $15 for $25 sale). Hopefully they'll have it fixed by then.

Does anyone know if I'm going to need to do any more downloading if I make the switch from disc to digital? Would suck to have to spend another 6-10 hours downloading it when I believe I already have the files.

Nope.  Buying it through the marketplace just unlocks access to being able to play the game without a disc.

I'm having this infuriating problem where I'll randomly throw a grenade when I'm scoped in and shooting at someone, has this happened to anyone else or is my controller just defective?

I switched Destiny to mirror COD controls but couldnt find the right configuration for MCC. Which one do you use?
I will have to check when I got on my Xbox to be 100% sure I give you the correct information. That will probably be a few hours from now, but I will post the settings.

Well dont wait for Wednesday:

This week’s content update, which was originally scheduled for release this Wednesday, 11/19, will now be releasing later this week to allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process.

This content update includes a variety of fixes across the title, including Matchmaking performance issues, general UI and game stability improvements, as well as fixes for game-game specific issues in Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 2: Anniversary, and more. The full patch notes will be posted later this week, in advance of the content update release.

Thank you for your continued patience.

What a disaster.
Agreed.

As someone who has great memories playing Halo with friends these issues are inexcusable. It's a testament to the original games that I'm willing to be patient for them to fix it but I can totally understand others who are not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or did they change headshots in Halo: CEA (even from the 2011 release)? I'm having a hell of a time trying to headshot Elites on Legendary.

So today no new achievements are unlocking...the matchmaking still doesn't work...and even the damn terminal channel is unavailable!  What a god fuck ing damn mess this is...

It's best to keep this page bookmarked. Or if you go to the Network settings on the One, it'll show something similar.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Affected services:
  • Accessing or retrieving data stored using cloud storage
  • Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
  • Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
  • Sending text messages to other Xbox Live members
  • Unlocking achievements
  • Viewing achievements

11/18/2014 7:54:58 PM CST:
Are you experiencing issues on Live with features such as matchmaking, adding or viewing Friends, Messaging, and Achievements? Our team is engaged and working hard to get everything resolved. Thanks for your patience while we get this worked out. We'll update you again in 30 minutes.

bread's done
Back