Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

I just got a refund from Microsoft on this game. I do not have the money or time to waste on a broken game. I am a pretty patient and understanding person, but this is ridiculous. Nothing has improved for me since launch day. I have literally prob played 2 or 3 MP games that were not uneven or broken in some way.

This is the first game I have ever even attempted to return...so I'm not "that guy" who goes crazy and tries to return everything he does not like. In addition, I am a huge halo and xbox fan. I have bought both Xboxes day one and all variations of halo on day one. I was super excited for this game, so I am very disappointed to say the least. Maybe one day everything will be fixed and I will be back.

I just got a refund from Microsoft on this game. I do not have the money or time to waste on a broken game. I am a pretty patient and understanding person, but this is ridiculous. Nothing has improved for me since launch day. I have literally prob played 2 or 3 MP games that were not uneven or broken in some way.

This is the first game I have ever even attempted to return...so I'm not "that guy" who goes crazy and tries to return everything he does not like. In addition, I am a huge halo and xbox fan. I have bought both Xboxes day one and all variations of halo on day one. I was super excited for this game, so I am very disappointed to say the least. Maybe one day everything will be fixed and I will be back.
You returned it to the MS store?

Guess I can't get a refund from a digital code I suppose?
I've never used a digital code for a game...so you mean you bought a card at a retail store that had a code?

I will definitely buy the game again when it works...I love halo. In a different time in my life (when I did not have kids and had money :D ) I would keep the game and just play it when it got fixed. However, with time and money being limited...I want a game that works. So I'm going to buy something else atm and I will check back on halo and buy it when the waypoint forums are not flooded with people bitching about the game.

^^Yeah, have no idea..the worst that could happen is someone would tell you no...I suppose they could point and laugh at you as well.

It's playable if you're willing to wait a little bit for matches.

Still broken by normal standards for the most part.

Matchmaking is still tough, but it's definitely better than it was around launch.

It's not saying much, but I've been finding more games as of recent. It helps when I search alone than with a group of friends. I've been matched up to 14/15 player BTB even though the cap is 12. It's slowly getting better.

Thanks for the replies,

I still have AC:Unity and Halo sealed, after seeing all the comments here and on other sites about both games I held off on playing them until they got better

Anyone watch the second episode of Halo Nightfall yet? I watched the first but I might just wait until all of them are released later, so I can watch it all in one go.

I wont be home to try myself until tomorrow, but Im reading that the patch only helped a little bit. Sigh, I cant believe this is happening to Halo. I guess I'll be sticking to COD for my go to MP shooter.

Traded my copy in this morning at Best Buy for $44.80. Don't regret it one bit. Maybe I'll be back, but I'm really in no hurry. What an absolute cluster fuck this turned out to be. YOU HAD ONE JOB, MS/343....

Got the update. 1 match timed out in searching, another matched finished incomplete. And they are still using the stripped down matches (No Halo 4, etc) Sigh.

It works and it doesn't. I can easily re-join the party if we get separated but being separated from the party shouldn't happen after leaving a match and it still was doing that 50% of the time. When playing with a party It's HARDER to find matches, when playing alone this patch has done wonders for the most part.

Also my Halo 2 achievements were still borked for the campaign. Luckily I'm playing co-op with a friend online to re-beat Halo 2 anyways.

Everyone should be entitled to some compensation. I'm sure this will be fixed a lot qucker then BF4 was, but there's no excuse for this shit to still be broken.

Seems like this patch helped some and not others. With ms being kind of company they are this game would have been the last one I would think would have major server issues after two weeks.

Seems like this patch helped some and not others. With ms being kind of company they are this game would have been the last one I would think would have major server issues after two weeks.
Eh shit happens, I know It's going to be fixed eventually It's just a matter of when. I'm hoping for Microsoft's sake that is before Christmas because I can only imagine the rest of the population will be there come Christmas Day via a shit load of XBox One + MCC gifts. Anything beyond that is trying even the most die hard of Halo fan's patience and I could see a lot of copies getting traded in from those expecting a great multiplayer experience.

Speaking of which, 10 straight GOOD matches on my side. Till everyone voted for Halo 1 Battle Creek in a Team Slayer match and the map wouldn't load/everyone was stuck on the voting screen. The game didn't freeze per say because I could hear people talking and moaning about quitting to the dashboard having to restart.

I think they are slowly figuring out what's going wrong because things have gotten A LOT better since the patch, at least on my side.

I'm not seeing the complaint side of things on the single player side outside of achievements not unlocking. Then again I'm not doing splitt screen co-op either.

Reading on GAF theres going to be either another patch this week or something happening by this weekend, because a lot of people are reporting that support won't refund them/look forward towards something on the 23rd/24th. Seems kinda vague though.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should have done a BETA.
For sure. Most of the MP issues would have been ironed out by now.

While Destiny got boring for me after a few weeks, I have to say the online was at least flawless, latency/finding matches wise.

At least Halo 5 will have a beta.

Again, not worried about stuff not getting fixed outside of maybe splitt screen frame rate issues down the road. I just hope for 343 and Microsoft's sake that this shit is handled by Xmas.

On the flip side Battlefield 4 on the X1 plays flawless for me outside of the single player campaign checkpoints not working sometimes (which they've never seem to been able to fix) so that makes me even have more faith in the long term considering how broken BF4 was lol.

Found my first games with a party. Went into ranked H2A and we got split up the second game.

Being a huge fan of Halo and have been craving to play Halo again, I am patient and understanding. However, I can understand everyone's frustration with what's going on.

Hopefully, this is a complete game by Christmas or something.

They're losing people by the day. This had the chance to be a unique, big, and exciting launch--it's just fallen flat.

I won't be surprise if they have to delay the Halo 5 beta with the kind of issues they are having now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless they're already working on them, it wouldn't be anytime soon.

I rarely had any trouble finding matches before the "fix". Tonight, I've timed out in 3 straight attempts. They broke it.

[quote name="asspickle" post="12258843" timestamp="1416615151"]They should have done a BETA.[/quote]
They did. It was called the original release of the games. ;)

Found my first games with a party. Went into ranked H2A and we got split up the second game.

Being a huge fan of Halo and have been craving to play Halo again, I am patient and understanding. However, I can understand everyone's frustration with what's going on.

Hopefully, this is a complete game by Christmas or something.

They're losing people by the day. This had the chance to be a unique, big, and exciting launch--it's just fallen flat.
I'm wondering how buggy the Halo 5 Beta will be on release?

And I played with/against you the other day. I mentioned it in the XBL deals thread.

I'm wondering how buggy the Halo 5 Beta will be on release?

And I played with/against you the other day. I mentioned it in the XBL deals thread.
I wonder if it's even on slate for it's planned release. I can't imagine the backlash they'd receive if they postponed it.

Lol really? I didn't know and didn't see the post. Which Halo was it? Also, feel free to add me.

Traded my copy in this morning at Best Buy for $44.80. Don't regret it one bit. Maybe I'll be back, but I'm really in no hurry. What an absolute cluster fuck this turned out to be. YOU HAD ONE JOB, MS/343....
I traded in my copy of Halo 4 yesterday and the girl ringing me up thought it was this game, telling me that my game is definitely worth at least $40 since many people were trading it in. Unfortunately, Halo 4 only trades in for $3, but I asked about how many people were trading in the Master Chief Collection since it's a new title. She and the other girl working there were both going on that people trading it in were saying it sucks or doesn't work.

I'm surprised that they didn't do a beta, like others have said. Even if it was just one mode with a few maps, just to alleviate initial problems. I wonder if this will hurt holidays sales of the system, as I know people who were debating getting an Xbox One just for this game, but wanted to wait until around Christmas for potential sales. Now they're not so sure.

I'm not sure if all these issues can be fixed in a month or even two--these are some serious issues they have on their hands.

And the number of issues are endless. Sad, sad, sad. 

bread's done
Back