Halo: Reach

Also you can on another one on Legendary only as that is the only way to get the Elite to show up but it is just as much of a pain. I forgot the name of the level but it is at night and you don't always get an Elite that turns around. Every time I play it I get a different Elite than what is shown if the few videos I have seen from the level.

i got the pillar of autumn one last night.

i assassinated him probably 10 times and didn't get the achievement. the animation for the failed ones was always this big stomp kill.

then when i did get it it looked like i flattened him out and slit his throat from behind. i was canceling my run before attempting the kill.

[quote name='The 7th Number']is there any reward for getting all the data pads?[/QUOTE]

They might just add an achievement for it later on, like how Fable 2 did with the Demon Doors, but being Bungie, I except them to do something a little different with it...or nothing at all.

[quote name='bisquit']Yeah, i gave up on it. I don't know how many times I tried... I also didnt get the Tank Beats Everything.[/QUOTE]

Generally there are unoccupied ghosts and revanants when you're driving the tank our "carefully" just hope out of the tank speed your way to the next area to scout it out...draw their fire then speed back to the tank. Tank beats all...then hop back into your runabout and back and forth your way to unlocking the achievement.

Really the main part where your tank is in the most danger is vs the shade turrets. Your speedy ghost will draw their fire so you can locate them, tank up and pop them one by one. You should hear the familiar "blink" sound shortly after you drive up the hill.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']If vehicles hit you while you're in Armor Lock, its like they're hitting a wall.

When it discharges, it'll take away a nearby enemy's shield. I think it does the same if they try to melee you? Can't remember. I never use it.[/QUOTE]
Here's a great article on GamesRadar about each of the armor abilities. That site has some really good references on Halo: Reach.
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/f.../a-20100927164710675009/g-2009060110582402047

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']i got the pillar of autumn one last night.

i assassinated him probably 10 times and didn't get the achievement. the animation for the failed ones was always this big stomp kill.

then when i did get it it looked like i flattened him out and slit his throat from behind. i was canceling my run before attempting the kill.[/QUOTE]
The one that got it for me was the stomp animation (the second time).

[quote name='ViolentLee']Here's a great article on GamesRadar about each of the armor abilities. That site has some really good references on Halo: Reach.
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/f.../a-20100927164710675009/g-2009060110582402047

The one that got it for me was the stomp animation (the second time).[/QUOTE]

No offense, but that article is a pile of shit. I stopped reading after their advice on how to use Sprint:

"Me First! Me First!!

Sprint affords you a much higher mobility than anyone else on the battlefield (you know; assuming that they aren’t also using Sprint). Take advantage of that to snatch up your favorite startup weapons and vehicles.

Sure, your team of Major League Gaming hopefuls will probably be bitching the entire match about how you don’t know what the hell you’re doing. F#$@ those guys. You’re the one who gets to drive the Scorpion Tank while equipped with the rocket launcher and sniper rifle; not them."

I realize its tongue-in-cheek, but it's these types of retards that cause teams to lose and make playing online miserable for others.

Oh i hate the guys in firefight that grab more than one of the falling weapons, and dont share.

I just finished oni sword base on legendary. Going to try more later.

Just to be safe, i can load of any chapters and complete them one by one on legendary, and still get the achievement once i get them all done right? Cos i tried to resume my legendary campaign and it just brought me to the screen to load a chapter. Since i already beat it on heroic.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Oh i hate the guys in firefight that grab more than one of the falling weapons, and dont share.

I just finished oni sword base on legendary. Going to try more later.

Just to be safe, i can load of any chapters and complete them one by one on legendary, and still get the achievement once i get them all done right? Cos i tried to resume my legendary campaign and it just brought me to the screen to load a chapter. Since i already beat it on heroic.[/QUOTE]

From past Halo games, as long as you get that "Legendary" icon under "Highest Difficulty Beaten" the game will consider it beaten on Legendary. But I guess you won't know that until you try what you're suggesting on a mission.

As others mentioned earlier, some of these maps are way too freaking big. The matches on them are beyond boring. I wish I didn't have to get stuck in stuff like that. It's probably my only real big grip about this game, and that's the way the playlists are laid out.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']As others mentioned earlier, some of these maps are way too freaking big. The matches on them are beyond boring. I wish I didn't have to get stuck in stuff like that. It's probably my only real big grip about this game, and that's the way the playlists are laid out.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I had to quit a snipers match of BTB because it was so damn boring. Everyone was camping, about 3 minutes in I check the scoreboard and it was 10 to 15...I said fuck it this shit isn't fun and I left.

----------------------

For those of you who play on split-screen, is it just me or do you get less cR when you play on split-screen. Anytime I play on my own, I get the roulette bonus, or whatever its called, but it doesn't seem to apply when you play in split-screen. My leveling seems to move up quicker when I'm on my own too, not sure if its just because I get to see the animated counter at the end and it makes it seem that way.

Just finished the campaign yesterday, so I can finally read this thread again :).

Did it alone on legendary so I got a hefty 360G at the end all at once. Actually I find legendary on this game pretty easy compared to the other Halo games as your spartan teammates can't die- therefore they are at least around to draw fire and it makes it a little more realistic where it seems like you're fighting with another elite soldier not just a bunch of cannon fodder who die in 5 seconds all the time. I still found Legendary to be a tough challenge, and there were definitely parts where I died over and over and took me like 30 minutes to pass, but I found the difficulty to be hard but not cheaply so, and rewarding to complete.

I liked the story a lot- and thought they did a good job with providing a good storyline continuity between Reach and Halo 1.

I also tried to get the If they came to hear me beg achievemen twhen I started PoA, but after trying for probably more than 30 minutes I gave up and just played on. I got the assassination to work about 5 times but never got the credt for it. I was sure to undo the sprint during the fall too. At least others are having the problem too- I will keep trying I guess.

Nice - just got the Hear me beg achievement on my 3rd try. I didn't even line up .. I just took a chance and went running off the cliff and landed right on the dude.

Now for the corvette one. And on to the tank. Not looking forward to these.

EDIT: How do you get those little silhouette images on the matchmaking name tag?

[quote name='Maklershed']How do you get those little silhouette images on the matchmaking name tag?[/QUOTE]Link your gamertag to Bungie.net, and go into settings then look for "Nameplates".

[quote name='ZForce915']Quick question. Can I play a random multiplayer match with people in my party?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can do matchmaking with a party--as long as your party is no bigger than the max team size for the particular playlist.

Any idea what the day for the October playlist update is? It's the 30th and I still don't have internet, so I may not even be able to play online until past the update, but if I can, I think I might just wait regardless. Getting a little sick of the bullshit.

Anyone end up making a CAG Reach gamertag like we've had for SFIV and Blur?

CAG ReachAround or anything?

Man this Buttercup thing is annoying already. I missed it the first time around and now I have to go through all this stuff again to get to the part where the corvette appears.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Link your gamertag to Bungie.net, and go into settings then look for "Nameplates".[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks.

I wad going to make a seperate thread, but I still have the original CAG Halo Clan silver gamertag working. When I started playing MW1 a lot Wubb made a different tag, but if u want I'll update CAG Halo Clan again.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I wad going to make a seperate thread, but I still have the original CAG Halo Clan silver gamertag working. When I started playing MW1 a lot Wubb made a different tag, but if u want I'll update CAG Halo Clan again.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan, let me know if yeh do.

I should probably be playing singleplayer in the meantime to get achievements and whatnot, just can't find any interest. I wish I enjoyed singleplayer campaign more in general.

Got the ...Came to hear me... achievement first try earlier; after successfully assassinating him several dozen times the first attempt last week; I turned on Black Eye and grenaded off my shields this time. Bingo, cheevo on the first attempt.

Turned black eye on, naded shields, made like 8 assassinations in a row with sprint canceled the way it should, still no achievement. fuck this achievement. Seriously.

Stop voting for games on Hemorrhage!!! I love how they get like 6 or 7 votes, then almost everyone quits. Morons. The last game I played degenerated into a 4 on 1. I just rode around the map, trying to run the 1 guy over. Only got him once. I did hit a rock, though, and pulled off like 720 in mid-air, while nailing the perfect landing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swat is fine, Swat on a big map is just tard. Most slayer matches on Hemorrhage is just silly unless you have vehicles. I don't understand the draw towards sniper games, especially on big maps. Yes, sniping is cool, being a good sniper is awesome but who wants to just camp for 12 minutes while zoomed in only to aburptly killed from someone else doing exactly the same thing. I'd prefer if sniper matches didn't have unlimited sniper ammo. Speed things up a bit.

How in the world am i supposed to get inside the corvette without dying on legendary? There is no coverage, elites just run up to you and kill you on the spot.

I have no problem with SWAT, but it seems every time I go to play Team Slayer now, everyone votes for SWAT, and again... and again, until I back out to find a new group of people, and the same thing happens.

so now I'm fucking tired of swat, and I barely liked it in the first place, its okay rarely to have a different game mode, but swat every time doesnt feel like Halo to me, I feel like a grunt, not a spartan :\

Well im giving up on trying to beat the game on legendary by myself. Im basically trapped. I got into the corvette, hit some switch, and im supposed to go back. The problem is i dont have many bullets left, and there are none lying around. There is a rack of swords though, oh gee thanks! So im supposed to get past these enemies how? There is no way im going to restart from the beginning of the level either.

[quote name='100xp']That's not how a Lt. Colonel Rank 3 should be talking.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Also, I just went +57 with an Untouchable on Hemorrhage. That Scorpion is beastly.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well im giving up on trying to beat the game on legendary by myself. Im basically trapped. I got into the corvette, hit some switch, and im supposed to go back. The problem is i dont have many bullets left, and there are none lying around. There is a rack of swords though, oh gee thanks! So im supposed to get past these enemies how? There is no way im going to restart from the beginning of the level either.[/QUOTE]
I think that after a certain number of retries, the game throws you back to the checkpoint you had before the one you have now. I remember this happening to me in Nightfall with the shade turrets and after I was trying to get "If They Came to Hear Me Beg" on the last mission. I jumped off a cliff trying to assassinate the Elite, then after a certain number of respawns it threw me to the very beginning.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Stop voting for games on Hemorrhage!!! [/QUOTE]

It's funny how things change. Blood Gulch used to be the "go to" map, and yet in Reach, it is dreadful.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well im giving up on trying to beat the game on legendary by myself. Im basically trapped. I got into the corvette, hit some switch, and im supposed to go back. The problem is i dont have many bullets left, and there are none lying around. There is a rack of swords though, oh gee thanks! So im supposed to get past these enemies how? There is no way im going to restart from the beginning of the level either.[/QUOTE]

Oh, just wait until you get back to the hanger. I was stuck there for about 2 hours. You get bum-rushed by about 6 Elites all with heavy weapons and apparently Jorge's machine gun shoots Nerf darts. Good times.

Nice!

I hate that about games when you reach the top rank real quick and there's no progression. Looks like that should give us all something to work to for a looooong time.

[quote name='Maklershed']Nice!

I hate that about games when you reach the top rank real quick and there's no progression. Looks like that should give us all something to work to for a looooong time.[/QUOTE]

A VERY long time! haha

[quote name='Corvin']It's funny how things change. Blood Gulch used to be the "go to" map, and yet in Reach, it is dreadful.

[/QUOTE]

Its still great its just its modes are poorly setup in matchmaking. Elite Slayer is probably the only good one.

bread's done
Back