Halo: Reach

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Halo Wars was a really well made game. You should try it out, especially if you like RTS type games. The campaign was a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

It was a good game, no doubt, but there were definitely some missions that made me cringe.

I'm ready for this game! I have the Legendary Edition payed off already! :)

I'm still trying to get a noble 6 avatar helmet. I hear they are giving them away again at PAX. If anyone here is going and feeling generous...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']It was a good game, no doubt, but there were definitely some missions that made me cringe.[/QUOTE]

Mission 4 on Legendary was one of the hardest missions I have ever played in any game.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Mission 4 on Legendary was one of the hardest missions I have ever played in any game.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I only played on Normal, LOL!!!!! But aside from difficulty, some missions were just dumb, IMO. They just had some bad formulas for certain missions. Maybe it's just me, but it was a game where I had to make myself finish it.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Halo Wars was a really well made game. You should try it out, especially if you like RTS type games. The campaign was a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

How about if I had never played an RTS before? From what I hear, Wars is very user friendly to those without experience, it always looked like fun but I didn't want to go out on a whim and buy a game in a genre im not familiar with.

[quote name='Rye Catcher']How about if I had never played an RTS before? From what I hear, Wars is very user friendly to those without experience, it always looked like fun but I didn't want to go out on a whim and buy a game in a genre im not familiar with.[/QUOTE]

Halo Wars is like an RTS for dummies. I mean this in a good way. Its pure simple fun and easy to get the hang of. Its not like hopping into a game of Starcraft for the first time. Halo Wars is very noob friendly.

Edit: Halo Wars Platnium Hits Edition (Includes all DLC) is only $10 at TRU with coupon this week, go check it out!

[quote name='Brain In Chains']Edit: Halo Wars Platnium Hits Edition (Includes all DLC) is only $10 at TRU with coupon this week, go check it out![/QUOTE]

Is the DLC included on the disc, or is there a code included to download them?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is the DLC included on the disc, or is there a code included to download them?[/QUOTE]

It's a code unfortunately. I used the coupon the other day to buy it. Since the DLC is $10 on the marketplace and I've owned Halo Wars for a while I opened it took the code and gave the game to a friend because he likes doing online coop in games so he and I are playing it now.

Thanks...I might have to get it and I guess I'll just give the game away to my little cousin, he's been playing the OXM demo for quite some time.

[quote name='Rye Catcher']How about if I had never played an RTS before? From what I hear, Wars is very user friendly to those without experience, it always looked like fun but I didn't want to go out on a whim and buy a game in a genre im not familiar with.[/QUOTE]

Its very easy dude to get used to. The same people made Age of Empires, now if the game was like that you would not like it. The campaign was a lot of fun and offers some insight to story of Halo. Its just bad ass how you can control everything, create multiple Spartans and also play as the Covenant( online and ofline MP) If what brian in chains is saying is true, comes with DLC, can't go wrong for 10 bucks

Hell for 10 bucks I might go pick that game back up, I already beat everything and got all the achievements for it. Its just a blast to play

[quote name='Brain In Chains']It's a code unfortunately. I used the coupon the other day to buy it. Since the DLC is $10 on the marketplace and I've owned Halo Wars for a while I opened it took the code and gave the game to a friend because he likes doing online coop in games so he and I are playing it now.[/QUOTE]

What kind of cupon is it?

[quote name='zewone']I don't think they can ever make a better live action commercial than We Are ODST.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's the only video I have saved to my xbox HDD.

I'm feeling a little hyped for this game. I haven't played any Halo since Halo 2, but I think I'm ready to play another Halo.

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm feeling a little hyped for this game. I haven't played any Halo since Halo 2, but I think I'm ready to play another Halo.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit of a Halo nerd, but I thought Halo 3 was not on par with the rest of the series. The SP is great but the MP was lackluster. I enjoyed ODST, but it was more or less an expansion pack. Halo Reach felt more like Halo 1 and 2 when I played the beta and that is largely a good thing.

Slightly tangential, but I just finished Fall of Reach. Really a quality book. I'm even more excited for Reach's campaign now.

[quote name='Fjordson']Slightly tangential, but I just finished Fall of Reach. Really a quality book. I'm even more excited for Reach's campaign now.[/QUOTE]
That book was my first entry into the expanded Halo universe and I loved it, so much detail and information. I would recommend that book to anyone who wants all the background information on Reach.

[quote name='Fjordson']Slightly tangential, but I just finished Fall of Reach. Really a quality book. I'm even more excited for Reach's campaign now.[/QUOTE]

I just finished reading this last night. Great book. Really helps fill in the gaps of how the Spartan program begins and puts into perspective how powerful the Covenant really are.

2 things I'll be watching for in Reach

DNF'ers

and how long it takes to find a match (when playing with more than one friend).. when there are 40,000 people playing :roll:

I read the Fall of Reach twice over the years and for some reason I can only remember bits a pieces of it. Although I don't like to admit it, I do remember getting choked up at one point tho (I always get really into the story when I read)

Looks like the game's out in the wild:

c50d7dad.jpg

[quote name='Trakan']Looks like the game's out in the wild:

c50d7dad.jpg
[/QUOTE]

BOOOOIIIIINNNNGG!

Chubbyninja crosses arms in a failed attempt to make people not notice his immense erection.

Well I finally bit the bullet on my pre-order from Amazon and got free release day shipping, awesome! Forge World and the epic single player is what sold me, besides being a Halo game. I've played Halo 1 (Ironically played Halo 2 before 1), 2, 3, ODST, and Halo Wars. I don't view myself as a fanboy, just grew up with Halo just like I grew up with Mario.

Just looked up Velodyne's tag. Looks like he might work at a video game store since he has played almost every game made, and it isn't modded/hacked. Once they figure out what store he works at, they won't be getting Bungie games early anymore. Unless he is a reviewer.

[quote name='life.exe']Just looked up Velodyne's tag. Looks like he might work at a video game store since he has played almost every game made, and it isn't modded/hacked. Once they figure out what store he works at, they won't be getting Bungie games early anymore. Unless he is a reviewer.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, what kind of idiot gets the game early (if he's not a reviewer) and posts their gamertag with it?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']That is AWESOME! If I saw one of those though, I gotta say I'd probably try to steal it in the middle of the night.[/QUOTE]

And put it where? Your bathroom?

[quote name='rusty']Seriously, what kind of idiot gets the game early (if he's not a reviewer) and posts their gamertag with it?[/QUOTE]

It isn't illegal to have a game early if you are standard customer like you and I. Also, contrary to popular belief, you won't get banned from Xbox Live for playing a legitimate copy of a game early (I've done it myself).

Now, if this guy does indeed work at a gamestore, and they find what gamestore he works at, he could be fined. Now the part I don't get is that the game doesn't come out for more than 2 weeks... seems a tad bit early for the games to be shipping out.

[quote name='help1']And put it where? Your bathroom?[/QUOTE]
Probably in the corner of my living room, actually. It's pretty badass. I'm wondering how heavy it'd be and if they got any way to know if someone took it.

[quote name='help1']. Now the part I don't get is that the game doesn't come out for more than 2 weeks... seems a tad bit early for the games to be shipping out.[/QUOTE]

Not really, figure that the game has over 1 million copies across the globe already sold due to pre-orders not to mention making sure they have plenty of stock for those who didn't pre-order. It's not like bungie can publish the discs them selfs it still has to go through MS to have the security sectors added in then off to the disc presses on top of other titles coming out after halo reach. Nothing new at all for any game that's how games get uploaded 2 weeks early to P2P networks and so on.

I remember sitting on project gothem racing for 2 weeks at gameshit waiting for the street date to hit before we could sell it but that didn't stop employees from taking it home to play before street date.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you don't care for the included Banshee avatar code, you can sell it on eBay for $30+[/QUOTE]

My halo reach controller is set to be delivered tuesday august 31st. Id like to sell my banshee avatar code to someone. If anyone is interested let me know. If i can get 30 for it ill have enough to buy another 60 dollar game with the money and left over gamestop credit. Personally id like to avoid ebay, i dont want to lose my code and money if the buyer tries to stick it to me.

This may sound weird but that post about someone growing up with Halo like most gamers did Mario just convinced me to pre-order this. I remember when XBOX just came out and my dad went through hell to get one for me and all my friends put me down for buying it, and just remember playing halo by myself for weeks lol. The lan parties that eventually landed at my house were good times for sure.

I searched, not thoroughly though, for a pre-order thread on here and didn't see it. Is amazon the most recommended one at this point?

[quote name='Trakan']Looks like the game's out in the wild:[/QUOTE]

The game's been out for the greedy mits of people for a little bit (a few days), but only for hackers with Jtag Xboxs. If you have a Jtag the game is available to you.....

But retail is where it is at. That's the old school way to get a game early. I bet people will be getting a copies from some noob at Walmart or something in no time and eBay will be soon flooded with a very good amount of Reach games for sale.:bouncy:

[quote name='Rye Catcher']This may sound weird but that post about someone growing up with Halo like most gamers did Mario just convinced me to pre-order this. I remember when XBOX just came out and my dad went through hell to get one for me and all my friends put me down for buying it, and just remember playing halo by myself for weeks lol. The lan parties that eventually landed at my house were good times for sure.

I searched, not thoroughly though, for a pre-order thread on here and didn't see it. Is amazon the most recommended one at this point?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was the complete opposite. I had a PS2 and I hated the xbox and halo. Then I played Halo CE on the computer and that changed my mind. Then around my junior year(2006) we would play the shit out of Halo 2, lan parties. It was funny, we were a bunch of football players playing Halo 2 for like 8 hours straight. A lot of fun.

WTF !!!

there is already mods out on the inter webs :(

hopefully they will do a better job on patching the game unlike Infinity Ward or whoever does own MW2 !

I cant believe there are already mods for a game that isnt even out yet :cry:
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

So jealous of the early copies. I want to play this so bad. I'm becoming more and more impressed with the early footage of the campaign. For whatever reason, I didn't get much sense of atmosphere in H3, but this game seems to have it in spades. And of course having a whole team of Spartans in the game provides a lot of cool characterization potential. Something that wasn't always in abundance with Master Chief.

[quote name='Rye Catcher']This may sound weird but that post about someone growing up with Halo like most gamers did Mario just convinced me to pre-order this. I remember when XBOX just came out and my dad went through hell to get one for me and all my friends put me down for buying it, and just remember playing halo by myself for weeks lol. The lan parties that eventually landed at my house were good times for sure.

I searched, not thoroughly though, for a pre-order thread on here and didn't see it. Is amazon the most recommended one at this point?[/QUOTE]

Yeah man that was my college, some epic nights and fun times. My roommate turned me onto Halo since he got the copy for PC which we played online for a while. 4 or 5 years ago it was all Halo 2 split screen online shooting people with automatic weapons! We all played online with tunneling software (we were broke college kids), hey hey yeah I pay for Xbox Live Gold now.

I got it through Amazon, 20 dollar credit of course, since you can get discounted release day shipping:http://www.haloreachpreorder.com/do-not-pre-order-halo-reach-until-you-read-this.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else thinking about getting the Limited and/or Legendary edition? I got H3 Legendary, and I was pretty happy with it. The statue that comes with Reach Legendary looks like it would make a nice addition to a gamer geek's man-cave. Too bad I don't have a man-cave... yet.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']WTF !!!

there is already mods out on the inter webs :(

hopefully they will do a better job on patching the game unlike Infinity Ward or whoever does own MW2 !

I cant believe there are already mods for a game that isnt even out yet :cry:
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this?

Would anybody who preordered the legendary edition want to swap license transfers? I want to get the flaming helmet and armors. I could also pay paypal.

On my license transfer i have GTA IV ballad of gay tony and lost and damned, MW2 stimulus and resurgence, GOW2 all fronts, fight night round 4, limbo, monday night combat, a lot of rockband songs, halo 3 all map packs

[quote name='teknikalei']Anybody else thinking about getting the Limited and/or Legendary edition? I got H3 Legendary, and I was pretty happy with it. The statue that comes with Reach Legendary looks like it would make a nice addition to a gamer geek's man-cave. Too bad I don't have a man-cave... yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the limited edition. I have it preordered at amazon because of the $20 credit but also at GS because I traded a lot of games there recently and have about $70 of credit. I'm not sure which I will ultimately go with as the amazon is a better deal and I can use the GS credit for something else, but at the same time it's outright cheaper to go with GS because of the credit...

Anyways I don't really have an interest in the statue, but the journal that comes in the limited edition looks really interesting to me, better than an artbook as it has a lot of text/content that furthers the Halo universe.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah man that was my college, some epic nights and fun times. My roommate turned me onto Halo since he got the copy for PC which we played online for a while. 4 or 5 years ago it was all Halo 2 split screen online shooting people with automatic weapons! We all played online with tunneling software (we were broke college kids), hey hey yeah I pay for Xbox Live Gold now.

I got it through Amazon, 20 dollar credit of course, since you can get discounted release day shipping:http://www.haloreachpreorder.com/do-not-pre-order-halo-reach-until-you-read-this.html[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you're getting the game. Now you just need to find a way to get some good internet out where you live!

bread's done
Back