Halo: Reach

Finally skunked the other team on invasion. Our team hadn't played a whole lot of invasion because so many lobbies we were in always voted for invasion slayer which doesn't belong in the invasion category IMHO. It seems to be a lot easier to defend on Boneyard than Spire.

Are there any other invasion maps? Those are the only two that come except for invasion slayer. This mode needs a few more maps to keep it interesting.

[quote name='Arikado']Yeah. Nine times out of ten, when Warlock popped up, you knew you were about to get dicked.[/QUOTE]
You just brought back some suppressed memories man.

[quote name='Kendro']Fast forward to today and no one cares about those games anymore so what difference does it make if you are at 1.5 or 2.0 KD. Your record is obsolete once the next iteration comes out. I found that not caring so much is more fun and actually causes you to do better.[/QUOTE]

So true. I remember obsessing over my K/D ratio in the old Metal Gear Online (the Subsistence one), so much so that I ended up giving up on an account that had like hundreds of kills, just because I wasn't satisfied with the progress I was making. Now, that game is long dead, and it wouldn't have mattered if I had a 5:1 ratio. Just play and have fun. It makes a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

[quote name='JStryke']They already have that though. Or do you mean "once you go outside" compared to what it is currently of just going to high?[/QUOTE]
Once you go outside.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You just brought back some suppressed memories man.[/QUOTE]

At least we've still go the good ol' Headlong memories, pal.

Campaign was fun, played it on Heroic and mostly felt it wasn't too tough or cheap, though some enemies aim with stickies was a bit too good. Liked the story and graphics.

Firefight is a blast, especially when you play it with people you know or at least everyone cooperates. Betrayal booting needs to be dialed way back in Rocketfight.

Invasion is fun, especially I like it on Spire as you never know when some crazy-ass shit is gonna go down. However it needs more maps, right away, and the slayer variant should be moved or deleted.

Multiplayer...well, I'm only average at it and I've always disliked Halo MP and competitive kill-other-people in general MP in the past. This is no different. Hemorrhage has to be one of the worst maps I've even seen, nothing but tank and sniper spam. So many maps and gametypes are geared around power weapons and knowing their locations and when they spawn. I think you have to be a bit of a sociopath (or an unusually immature twelve year old) to enjoy competitive halo mp.

Rocket Race is coming back shortly though, and if they've really fixed the walkers and griefers it has the potential to be great fun.

Restarted the campaign on Legendary yesterday. So far it's pretty easy if I take it slowly. The nightmare (I imagine) will come once I start getting stuck in rooms, alone, with hordes of elites.

Just wrapped up my play through on Legendary solo, off to bed. It got pretty intense at times during the game. DMR and plasma pistol will be your friend when you get to the elites, carrying around fuel rod guns or dual rifes -_- meh.

@hyperkine Yes blood gulch is pretty weak when you do SWAT or snipers on it in team slayer, but big team battles I like it. Nice to see it back, and touched up, thinking about all the maps, I remember in H2 playing on beaver creek. Good times

Finally bead it on ledendary...solo. Much easier time this time. I made sure to keep the bubble shield from eariler in the lvl. Oh and that gravity hammer saved me a few times

I finished my first run of Legendary solo last night as well. First time through the game, looks like it took about 16 hours. Also went back and cleaned up on cheevos. I think I got them all but the Corvette in 3 minutes one. Tried that a few times last night before getting annoyed at the lack of a checkpoint.

There were a few nice surprises in the last few levels. Unfortunately the soundtrack didn't shine until the credits. Weakest soundtrack of the series, by a wide margin.

[quote name='hyperkine']

Firefight is a blast, especially when you play it with people you know or at least everyone cooperates. Betrayal booting needs to be dialed way back in Rocketfight.

[/QUOTE]

I know right? I went to play firefight yesterday and got booted 4 games in a row until ultimately I just shut my 360 off. I think it was 3 rocketfights and one firefight, personally I think there should be no booting at all for firefight, or maybe don't boot until after 3 betrayals, with the first two just giving you longer respawn delays or something, cus there's too many people that try to be Rambo running into a group of enemies right as you are tossing grenades at the group. And why should I get booted if someone runs in front of my rockets?

Tho I've occasionally done the same and ran into rockets or grenades from teammates on firefight, but I realize that's my fault and don't boot my fellow Spartans, so it comes down to the people playing, don't boot someone if you run into there grenades or rockets.

thats funny, me and my brother were playing rockfight, and a banshee is in the air. well i locked onto it and pulled the trigger. one of the random guys jumped in front of me right as i pulled the trigger, and then booted me. so i had my brother go and melee the guy for me, sure enough the guy kills my brother without a second thought. i told him to boot his ass for me. small victory for me, but it sure made me feel better lol.

Im just stick of the assassinate the elite when your falling off a cliff achievement. I know it might been asked before but can you get this one in a game of elite slayer? because the flippin elite either moves when I jump correctly or doesn't when I mess up the jump. It is sooooooo frustrating especially to me since this will be the first quality game on 360 that I know I can get the full 1000 on. (though that legendary achievement with out dying would have been unattainable for me without manipulating the game set up)

Getting booted for "betrayal" in Rocketfight is beyond stupid. Like others in this thread, I have plenty of stories of idiots running in front of me or running right into a group of enemies, and then they get me booted. It's pretty silly. Bungie definitely needs to tweek the mechanic for booting.

Best solution to FF, party with 3 other friends then you know you're not getting a boot for a mishap. The tards who runs into the target locator painted area is the best. I had someone boot me at the end of the match, last enemy and we all had rockets. Why would you run to a grunt when you have rockets...everyone has rockets. That was a waste of 10 minutes.

@Infinite Horizon - boot after 3 betrayals? No way man. players constantly and intentionally shoot your shields off so the covi have an easier time killing you. Happens all the time in pug FF. Gosh, if 3 betrayals was the limit I'd feel the temptation to blow someone up so I can loot their Target Locator. See where I'm going with this? Hopefully you just find or end up playing w/ppl who have common sense and at least a 1 accidental betrayal policy.

@DarkKenpachi - consider Reach's achievement infinitely easier to obtain than Halo 3 due to the MP achievements. You still need the Lt. Col achievement...so as far as completion goes it really shouldn't matter. Some ppl have taken over an hour trying and longer. Some...8 minutes. *coughs* This achievement beats half of the MP ones from Halo 3 anyway. You'll get it.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Im just stick of the assassinate the elite when your falling off a cliff achievement. I know it might been asked before but can you get this one in a game of elite slayer? because the flippin elite either moves when I jump correctly or doesn't when I mess up the jump. It is sooooooo frustrating especially to me since this will be the first quality game on 360 that I know I can get the full 1000 on. (though that legendary achievement with out dying would have been unattainable for me without manipulating the game set up)[/QUOTE]

Just do it in campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqGxNhmJS7Q

It took me about 15 minutes and IDK, 30 or so tries to get it.

Someone booted me the other day in firefight when i threw a grenade at the very last grunt in the whole match and accidentally killed a teammate. Really..... the very last enemy and he boots me.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Just do it in campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqGxNhmJS7Q

It took me about 15 minutes and IDK, 30 or so tries to get it.[/QUOTE]
I know this really doesn't have anything to do with what you said, but this achievement is insanely broken. I think it has something to do with using sprint before you jump (which you pretty much have to use for Nightfall or Pillar of Autumn) but I literally did about 60-70 assassinations before the achievement popped.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Someone booted me the other day in firefight when i threw a grenade at the very last grunt in the whole match and accidentally killed a teammate. Really..... the very last enemy and he boots me.[/QUOTE]

as suxxor as it is, it's sweetest when you can ruin someone's game at the very end. that's why he probably did it...or he's 12 and that's the only way he can win in life. FF w/pugs is lame. W/friends it's great. Team Slayer ftw.

So, anyone else notice that the postgame report will sometimes show that you had more kills than the scoreboard said during the game? Whenever I'll get 25 or more kills in BTB or something, it always shows me having 3 more kills when I look at the postgame report than what it showed at the end of the match. Just now, in a BTB multi-flag, it shows me having 32 kills, but the daily challenge, where you need 77 kills, shows me only having 29. I only played this one match, so wtf?

Got If They Came to Hear Me Beg last night. Spent 2 hours the night before, but only took about 10 minutes last night. That first night, I literally got no assassinations. Then I got one, and it didn't count the achievement.

My quick suggestions:
Turn on Black Eye skull
Remove your shield with 'nades before the checkpoint
Stand in front of the boulder and wait until the Elite is walking either to the left or directly toward you
Do NOT use the crouch click for jumping. When I stopped doing this I got it
Do use sprint, but click it off before you get close enough to melee
Remain calm

In other news, I finished campaign on Heroic, but didn't get the achievement -- not even for beating it on Normal. For some reason, the game doesn't think I finished the 9th missions; I obviously had to in order to continue (I only played solo). I went back to the final act and beat it again. Still nothing. Now I guess I have to redo the entire mission. Pain in the ass.
Anyone else have this happen?

[quote name='ViolentLee']Got If They Came to Hear Me Beg last night. Spent 2 hours the night before, but only took about 10 minutes last night. That first night, I literally got no assassinations. Then I got one, and it didn't count the achievement.

My quick suggestions:
Turn on Black Eye skull
Remove your shield with 'nades before the checkpoint
Stand in front of the boulder and wait until the Elite is walking either to the left or directly toward you
Do NOT use the crouch click for jumping. When I stopped doing this I got it
Do use sprint, but click it off before you get close enough to melee
Remain calm

In other news, I finished campaign on Heroic, but didn't get the achievement -- not even for beating it on Normal. For some reason, the game doesn't think I finished the 9th missions; I obviously had to in order to continue (I only played solo). I went back to the final act and beat it again. Still nothing. Now I guess I have to redo the entire mission. Pain in the ass.
Anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

Go to select mission, and check the status of your missions, maybe you have one or two that's not showing complete, or maybe you completed them in co-op and you'll have to re-do them on single player. That's my guess anyways.

[quote name='ViolentLee']In other news, I finished campaign on Heroic, but didn't get the achievement -- not even for beating it on Normal. For some reason, the game doesn't think I finished the 9th missions; I obviously had to in order to continue (I only played solo). I went back to the final act and beat it again. Still nothing. Now I guess I have to redo the entire mission. Pain in the ass.
Anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

During that mission, did you ever leave single player by a method other than going to the start menu and selecting "save and quit"? It's been theorized that just turning off your machine or such will cause the achievement to glitch, even though the checkpoint automatically saved your process properly.

Mission 9 is the only one it doesn't register as complete, and of course I completed it. Now twice, since I went back to the 2nd checkpoint to start up the big gun. Like I said, I only ever played on solo. I started playing the entire mission from scratch again.

Salamando: I don't think so. It unlocked and automatically went right on to Mission 10 (I had scoring off) after I was done. Though I didn't get the credits until I went back and beat it a second time. Maybe there was some glitch/bug. But I don't get why it would affect it the second time, starting from when you're going to man the big turret.

I gave up on that assassination achievement. If I get back there on Legendary, maybe I'll give it another shot but I spent ~1 hour trying to get it my first time through.

I just followed the video above and got the 'beg' achievement in about 12 minutes. It can be frustrating, just wait until the Elite is walking back toward you. You don't need a running start either, that may be where people are fucking up. Just take a few steps back and go for it and remember to click 'off' the sprint on the way down.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The assassination achievement was super easy. Took me about 10 minutes. Just make sure to stop using Sprint mid-air.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, make sure you turn sprint off when you are still pretty high up. I got it no problem.

[quote name='Thorgouge']So, anyone else notice that the postgame report will sometimes show that you had more kills than the scoreboard said during the game? Whenever I'll get 25 or more kills in BTB or something, it always shows me having 3 more kills when I look at the postgame report than what it showed at the end of the match. Just now, in a BTB multi-flag, it shows me having 32 kills, but the daily challenge, where you need 77 kills, shows me only having 29. I only played this one match, so wtf?[/QUOTE]

happens, probably a bit of lag, server stuff, and glitching. happened to me when the daily challenge was assists and close quarters, clearly it says I got an assist spree but it only registered 3 assists for the challenge. No biggie, I'd only complain if it was the multi-multi kills in a single match like today's.

[quote name='100xp']happens, probably a bit of lag, server stuff, and glitching. happened to me when the daily challenge was assists and close quarters, clearly it says I got an assist spree but it only registered 3 assists for the challenge. No biggie, I'd only complain if it was the multi-multi kills in a single match like today's.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's just a little strange that it screws up not only in challenges but going from the ingame scoreboard to the postgame one. Btw, if you want that 5 multikill one easily, just do BTB and grab a banshee or a tank and get it in your first game.

During a few games of Infection last night, every sword kill counted as two close quarter kills towards the daily challenge. Seems like there are bugs going both ways

Not to point a finger at any CAG (because it's rampant everywhere on the internet), but it kinda irks me when people call something "super easy" when it's obviously giving others a lot of problems. Those who didn't do it as easily as you can find that sort of tone insulting. Difficulty is a relative thing, and luck is a random thing.

The reason why I had to try so many times is because the game would randomly reset me beyond the checkpoint that I had been respawning at the last 10x, effectively resetting the Elite's placement and movement.

I'd go try 10x, respawn at the same checkpoint each time because I would fail all 10x, then it would randomly set me to a previous checkpoint that was different than the one I was respawning at the previous 10x.

BTW, the video I posted does state that the player needs to turn the sprint off before performing the assassination if that helps anyone.

yeah, for some reason Sword kills counted at 2 for close quarters. No complaints there. Hammer however seemed to be only 1 per kill.

So I'm not especially pleased with the sword/shotgun mechanics. During multiple games of infection my opponent and I have killed each other, much like the double beat-down mechanic. It even went so far as to give me a bulltrue medal in one instance, and I still died. Hope that gets fixed... it's annoying as hell to kill the zombie and still die, or kill the human and still die.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']The reason why I had to try so many times is because the game would randomly reset me beyond the checkpoint that I had been respawning at the last 10x, effectively resetting the Elite's placement and movement.

I'd go try 10x, respawn at the same checkpoint each time because I would fail all 10x, then it would randomly set me to a previous checkpoint that was different than the one I was respawning at the previous 10x.

BTW, the video I posted does state that the player needs to turn the sprint off before performing the assassination if that helps anyone.[/QUOTE]
The game does this so if you get a checkpoint that constantly sets you up for an immediate death you don't have to restart the whole level. Die less, I guess.

[quote name='Pirate331']So I'm not especially pleased with the sword/shotgun mechanics. During multiple games of infection my opponent and I have killed each other, much like the double beat-down mechanic. It even went so far as to give me a bulltrue medal in one instance, and I still died. Hope that gets fixed... it's annoying as hell to kill the zombie and still die, or kill the human and still die.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what you mean by this.

First time I played infection I wasn't aware you start with no shields, which explained why you can die so easily and vice versa.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah, make sure you turn sprint off when you are still pretty high up. I got it no problem.[/QUOTE]

Whenever i try to do that, my guy wont jump far enough. Ive done the assassination twice now and no achievement. Someone needs to patch that shit. Otherwise i use half sprint and cant reach them, or melee them in the back and survive but no assassination. Whatever i dont care that much to try for hours after ive already done it.

After I got it, I showed my friends. You can almost...in most cases just make a Sprinting B - line straight off the cliff by the red shrub. (this is after it reloads from the check point not the start of a new campaign) 1/2 down turn off sprint. You should be looking down at the elite, then hold down the melee button and hope it counts. I found it saved time rather than waiting for the elite to line up and hope you time it so he's down below when you drop.

Not saying it'll work for everyone but it worked for me and there's less back peddling.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']You guys are making this too hard for yourselfs. You have to turn off sprint while in mid-air, its the key get to getting the achievement to pop.[/QUOTE]

the achievement is glitched, its not as simple as doing it the right way.
i have the achievement and got it fairly quickly, however on another account i tried endlessly without getting it. i saw a video that said they were able to repeat the achievement by dropping their shields with grenades prior to the jump.
no idea if it works, maybe ill test it on another account tonight.

Yea the achievement is definitely glitched to shit. I tried over 150 times and no matter how high in the air I cancel sprint, it always fails to pop the achievement. I'll cancel sprint at the same heights and when I don't hit the elite, I die from fall damage. It's fucking lame.

[quote name='paz9x']the achievement is glitched, its not as simple as doing it the right way.
i have the achievement and got it fairly quickly, however on another account i tried endlessly without getting it. i saw a video that said they were able to repeat the achievement by dropping their shields with grenades prior to the jump.
no idea if it works, maybe ill test it on another account tonight.[/QUOTE]

I am just saying how I got it. Did not think it was glitched

Finally got it. Stupid #$&#(*$#(* achievement. Now I just need to grind out to LT Colonel and I am done with the achievements. Anyone want to work on the daily challenges hit me up .

Posted by: Sketch
the current system will be getting some tweaks. also in Firefight friendly fire will be disabled entirely as of the October update.

Other things that contribute to a betrayal that people don't realize:

- all damage done - not just the killing blow - but repeated light damage also accrues against the player.

- when a round ends and you have that few seconds to screw around, that time still counts, and people usually like to hit and blow up each other then because the match has 'ended'

The team is aware of instances where the current system is not forgiving enough or isn't entirely working as designed. They're on it.
Betrayals are getting tweaked.

Also, looks like there are three ranks beyond Lt. Colonel. They are Colonel, Commander, and General. General takes 10,000,000 credits to get to. Inheritor is a Bungie exclusive rank.

If you're not making the jump, you're either not waiting until the Elite is close enough, or you're jumping too early. I kept telling myself, "Jump later than your instincts tell you, and attack sooner."

[quote name='100xp']I don't understand what you mean by this.
[/QUOTE]
I mean the shotgun isn't definitively killing players in infection; they have no shields so what's the deal? As I said, it's so off that I got a bulltrue and STILL got killed by the zombie.

Im starting to like multi-team games. Its pretty fun because there are always people to kill, and it seems to last pretty long. It can be pretty hectic though. I can get 20 kills pretty easy in a game like this. I even got the 5 multi kill challenge of the day in this type of match. Multi-team swat to be exact.

bread's done
Back