Halo: Reach

I can't help but feel this game has bombed. I'm halfway to Captain grade 2 and playing is like night and day for me, I'll get a great KDR in slayer pro then do completely horrible the next game of slayer pro.

I don't know I feel like bloom has really degraded the gameplay then combine that with the horrible, horrible forge world stock maps.

I'm hoping Black Ops is better.......

They should have just remade Halo 2 for the 360.

[quote name='hustletron']I can't help but feel this game has bombed. I'm halfway to Captain grade 2 and playing is like night and day for me, I'll get a great KDR in slayer pro then do completely horrible the next game of slayer pro.

I don't know I feel like bloom has really degraded the gameplay then combine that with the horrible, horrible forge world stock maps.

I'm hoping Black Ops is better.......

They should have just remade Halo 2 for the 360.[/QUOTE]
500 thousand people in matchmaking at any given time is a clear indication of failure.

New 'maps' are coming in the next few weeks.

Already major dicks in this game. Was in a match where the Lt. Col was trying to destroy his own teams vehicles. And then jumping in front of other people..so he could boot them.

Happened to me. I am on a ghost and dude jumps in front of me, and then boots for betrayal. Very annoying.

Amazing, BTB got into the "turret" of the wraith and 3 guys kept overloading the plasma gun to "coax" me into getting out of the tank. Hello...I'm in the turret. We lost that match. Wonders never cease.

[quote name='kylerg']Love the people that grief their own team because they didn't get the weapon they wanted.[/QUOTE]

i get pissed when people take the tanks and get them destroyed in seconds. then do it again the next round, man that chaps my hide.

Wow. I was gone for a day, and my video I posted of my rocket rejection has went from 15 downloads to nearly 300.

Pretty cool.

Damn those were cool, well the hologram one was meh. I had one that was similar to the double team assassination where we both did it at the same time, but the enemies were facing each other not even a foot apart. Guess i should have saved that one. My 2 kills 1 sniper bullet was beat by someone who did it with no scope. Are these videos entered by adding the IGN tag to the tags?

Is there a way you can kill someone with 1 melee? Sometimes i swear i only get hit once and i die, and my shields and power are full. Im not talking about from the back either, right in front of my face.

[quote name='zewone']Oh shit! Now I know why!

I got the number one kill for IGN's top ten kills of the week!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/30/halo-reach-top-10-kills-92910?objectid=14276699[/QUOTE]

Haha, awesome. Congrats dude. It was definitely the best of those videos.

Anyway, I hope that October update has some major changes and that something is done with Arena soon. I'm so bored of Reach that I haven't played in a week. Although, the IGN vid kind of made me want to play but not enough. It'd be just griefers, quitters, and Swat. :bomb:

[quote name='paz9x']i get pissed when people take the tanks and get them destroyed in seconds. then do it again the next round, man that chaps my hide.[/QUOTE]

How about the team mates that get pissed someone else gets the tank and starts shooting, nading the tank and than when it is a 1 hit kill from the other tank bitch about how bad someone is.

Or now the newest thing tonight is instead of quiting people are just idling in the matches. I had 3 out of 10 games or so (team objective) where 1 or 2 players were not playing. That's half the team. I should be able to leave a match if my team mates are not playing and not be penalized. I paid for my game, my live service and I should be able to come and go from games as I see fit. Funny how MW and BFBC can figure out how to make drop in/drop out seamlessly work but Bungie can't be bothered. 5 more gamerscore and I can dump this game. MOH is coming out in less than 2 weeks. :)

[quote name='100xp']After I got it, I showed my friends. You can almost...in most cases just make a Sprinting B - line straight off the cliff by the red shrub. (this is after it reloads from the check point not the start of a new campaign) 1/2 down turn off sprint. You should be looking down at the elite, then hold down the melee button and hope it counts. I found it saved time rather than waiting for the elite to line up and hope you time it so he's down below when you drop.

Not saying it'll work for everyone but it worked for me and there's less back peddling.[/QUOTE]

I will give this a shot. If it does not work i'm done.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whenever i try to do that, my guy wont jump far enough. Ive done the assassination twice now and no achievement. Someone needs to patch that shit. Otherwise i use half sprint and cant reach them, or melee them in the back and survive but no assassination. Whatever i dont care that much to try for hours after ive already done it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I over jump, under jump land on them and when I do get the melee all it is, is one hit and they are dead but I'm still a live.

To do an assassination it is the RB button on the default settings right? The same button you press to do a melee you hold down to do the assassination correct?

@sendme - you know, you do have a bunch of other achievements you can unlock that require far less luck and frustration. Why not bash 7 moa's in the mean time. :D

Well looks like ive reached max level, Lt. Colonal grade 3. I cant even start working on my xp to get to commander until this cap is lifted. Pretty sure you can still earn XP, just wont level up any. Though there really isnt anything i want in the armory anymore.

I ended up getting a killtacular in a swat game today. Was pretty cool, and i unlocked an avatar reward. I made a video of it too, its nothing to scream awesome at, but i thought id put it up just to show i've done it. LOL

[quote name='sendme']I will give this a shot. If it does not work i'm done.

I'm in the same boat. I over jump, under jump land on them and when I do get the melee all it is, is one hit and they are dead but I'm still a live.

To do an assassination it is the RB button on the default settings right? The same button you press to do a melee you hold down to do the assassination correct?[/QUOTE]
I finally got this achievement last night. It took me about 10 minutes of trying and dying to get it. It took me a while to time the jump right (sprint to the edge and jump) then it took me awhile to line up the melee (switch to the pistol before you jump). Then I started surviving falls, sometimes killing the elite with one punch, or just damaging his armor.

When I finally got it, I hit him directly from behind and was holding down the melee button as soon as my target went red. I got the animated assassination kill and the achievement popped as well.

Really, just be patient. Keep trying.

Congrats, "Zewonebeerle" :lol:

---

I tried the assassination about 20 times, and every time, not matter where I initiated the melee attack, I never got the animation :(

Yeah, I liked the grenade to the face as well. That actually happened to me the other day as well. Didn't kill me, but knocked some of my shields off.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I know this really doesn't have anything to do with what you said, but this achievement is insanely broken. I think it has something to do with using sprint before you jump (which you pretty much have to use for Nightfall or Pillar of Autumn) but I literally did about 60-70 assassinations before the achievement popped.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i gave up on it. I don't know how many times I tried... I also didnt get the Tank Beats Everything.

I didn't know the shield could take down a ghost. I sped up to run through an enemy, and I as get close, he locks the shield on, and my ghost blew up into little pieces.

Wow. I just got around to watching that Zew. That was sick.

[quote name='seanr1221']Congrats, "Zewonebeerle" :lol:

---

I tried the assassination about 20 times, and every time, not matter where I initiated the melee attack, I never got the animation :([/QUOTE]

Keep trying. There must've been a dozen times where I swear I could've shoulder-tapped the Elite, but the game didn't let me do the assassination.

Looking to get into some good firefight matches or any competitive matches. Sick of playing random matches with people quitting and being generally bad.

gamertag: Scottbiggame

Is there a list of CAGs who play Halo Reach?

Today's challenges (all Firefight):

One Spartan Army - Kill 400 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. (2000cR)

Be Their Huckleberry - Kill 40 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol. (900cR)

Going Outpost-al - Kill 100 enemies on Outpost on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking. (800cR)

Bulletproof - Complete 1 Rounds in a Firefight Matchmaking game without dying. (450cR)

As usual, Score Attack Gruntpocalypse seems the way to go to grab these Firefight challenges.

[quote name='Pirate331']500 thousand people in matchmaking at any given time is a clear indication of failure.

New 'maps' are coming in the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

The number of players at a particular time is an indication of success or failure? Seems to me an objective decision as to whether or not something is good, read: successful, or if something is bad, read: failure, would fall on the individual to decide. Not to mention the game came out what? 2 weeks ago?

With the same logic you could make the argument that MW2 was an AMAZING game because it sold so many copies and I'm sure there's still quite a lot of people playing but the general consensus is that game sucks.

Good try though.

So they fixed that one from this morning then. Originally, the final one was complete 3 rounds of FF Matchmaking without dying...which wasn't possible since FF Matchmaking only lasts 1 round.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I didn't know the shield could take down a ghost. I sped up to run through an enemy, and I as get close, he locks the shield on, and my ghost blew up into little pieces.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's one of the main uses for that ability, I had something similar that I did with a warthog/gunner where I did that and then afterwards threw a grenade and got them both with a double kill. Ahh it feels good when you can take out someone who has a tactical advantage over you.:D

Originally Posted by zewone
Oh shit! Now I know why!

I got the number one kill for IGN's top ten kills of the week!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/09/30...ectid=14276699

That would be the other use apparently, holy crap that was awesome.:bouncy:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah that's one of the main uses for that ability, I had something similar that I did with a warthog/gunner where I did that and then afterwards threw a grenade and got them both with a double kill. Ahh it feels good when you can take out someone who has a tactical advantage over you.:D

That would be the other use apparently, holy crap that was awesome.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I tried armor locking someone trying to splatter me with the warthog and mongoose, both just drove right over me like a human ramp and took no damage. Kind of lame.

[quote name='hustletron']The number of players at a particular time is an indication of success or failure? Seems to me an objective decision as to whether or not something is good, read: successful, or if something is bad, read: failure, would fall on the individual to decide. Not to mention the game came out what? 2 weeks ago?

With the same logic you could make the argument that MW2 was an AMAZING game because it sold so many copies and I'm sure there's still quite a lot of people playing but the general consensus is that game sucks.

Good try though.[/QUOTE]

You're mixing up two ways to judge game.

1. Success--this comes down to sales, how many people are playing it online for games like this, and how long the online community stays active.

2. Quality--that's more subjective and up to the individual and whether the enjoy the game or not.

And I'd hardly say the general consensus on MW2 is that it "sucks." It got great reviews, and millions are still playing it online. There's consensus that there are a lot of problems with the online play compared to MW1--but not enough to make it suck.

It's fine if you think it sucks, but that's not the general consensus.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think it only does damage when it discharges when the time on the armor lock is up. So you have to time it right.[/QUOTE]

Not in my case, the dude had just locked it on as I hit him...had I been there a second earlier I would have splattered him.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Today's challenges (all Firefight):

One Spartan Army - Kill 400 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. (2000cR)

Be Their Huckleberry - Kill 40 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol. (900cR)

Going Outpost-al - Kill 100 enemies on Outpost on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking. (800cR)

Bulletproof - Complete 1 Rounds in a Firefight Matchmaking game without dying. (450cR)

As usual, Score Attack Gruntpocalypse seems the way to go to grab these Firefight challenges.[/QUOTE]

I feel like Crash Site is the better option. Seems quicker and you are less likely to die.

[quote name='yankeessuck']I feel like Crash Site is the better option. Seems quicker and you are less likely to die.[/QUOTE]

Well gruntpocalypse is way easy to get through without dying on corvette. BTW at first i always thought one round was one wave of enemies, not the whole damn game. Im horrible at crash site. I almost always die or have the thing i need to protect get busted in a matter of minutes. One time the ship offloaded a bunch of enemies right buy the damn thing and it was over at that point. LOL. Then again early on i didnt know you could lock it.

Am I the only one that feels that some of these maps are way too huge? Specially in BTB, some of those maps are just nuts, takes forever to get across, and don't get me started on BTB SWAT...I enjoy SWAT on Team Multiplayer but on BTB its annoying as hell.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think it only does damage when it discharges when the time on the armor lock is up. So you have to time it right.[/QUOTE]

If vehicles hit you while you're in Armor Lock, its like they're hitting a wall.

When it discharges, it'll take away a nearby enemy's shield. I think it does the same if they try to melee you? Can't remember. I never use it.

Ive been trying to use armor lock more, my favorite thing to do is tag someone with a plasma grenade and then go into armor lock so they cant walk into me and kill me. There was also a time when i seen someone sneeking up behing me and i hit armor lock and he died, i guess he went for an assassination but failed. Sometimes ill line up a guy while in the armor to throw a plasma or melee them right when i come out of it.

Man last night i was playing multi team matches and had to play 3 out of 4 matches of swat on reflection. Seriously that got old fast.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']If vehicles hit you while you're in Armor Lock, its like they're hitting a wall.
[/QUOTE]

I saw Kat use it at the beginning of 'Tip of the Spear' and thought 'Wow, impressive!' [campaign]

[quote name='100xp']@sendme - you know, you do have a bunch of other achievements you can unlock that require far less luck and frustration. Why not bash 7 moa's in the mean time. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I plan on getting them. I just have wanted to try and get this one out of the way. I will try to get them all later on right now it is all multiplayer for me. Just like the last Halo games I get them I get them I don't I don't. I will try but if it becomes to much of a pain in the ass for me then I will stop.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well gruntpocalypse is way easy to get through without dying on corvette. BTW at first i always thought one round was one wave of enemies, not the whole damn game. Im horrible at crash site. I almost always die or have the thing i need to protect get busted in a matter of minutes. One time the ship offloaded a bunch of enemies right buy the damn thing and it was over at that point. LOL. Then again early on i didnt know you could lock it.[/QUOTE]

I think the key to get a fuel rod right at the beginning since you have unlimited ammo.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well looks like ive reached max level, Lt. Colonal grade 3. I cant even start working on my xp to get to commander until this cap is lifted. Pretty sure you can still earn XP, just wont level up any. Though there really isnt anything i want in the armory anymore.

I ended up getting a killtacular in a swat game today. Was pretty cool, and i unlocked an avatar reward. I made a video of it too, its nothing to scream awesome at, but i thought id put it up just to show i've done it. LOL[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to boost that much? Combo of legit and boosting? How many cR do you have?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
Keep trying. There must've been a dozen times where I swear I could've shoulder-tapped the Elite, but the game didn't let me do the assassination.[/QUOTE]

Also remember, an assassination has to be from behind, so I assume if the Elite turns around on you(he did a number of times for me) it's not going to work.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Well gruntpocalypse is way easy to get through without dying on corvette. BTW at first i always thought one round was one wave of enemies, not the whole damn game. Im horrible at crash site. I almost always die or have the thing i need to protect get busted in a matter of minutes. One time the ship offloaded a bunch of enemies right buy the damn thing and it was over at that point. LOL. Then again early on i didnt know you could lock it.[/QUOTE]

Crash site can be such a breeze if you do it right. Getting a map where the generator is in an easily defended position helps a lot, but isn't completely necessary. Then, a couple of the grunts in the initial wave should have fuel rod guns. Get one of them, and because you get infinite ammo for any weapon in your possession, you'll be to breeze right through everything else.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What level (number) is the one where you can do that assassination achievement that everyone keeps talking about? I just completed 5 last night.[/QUOTE]

The last mission, 10, Pillar of Autumn.

bread's done
Back