Halo: Reach

[quote name='DarkRider23']You are right. There are two sides to every coin, so let's stop focusing on the one side that gets betrayed, hm? How about the side that ends up losing because some fucking idiot picked up a weapon he sucks with? He also successfully prevented a teammate that could have gotten more kills with it from using it. Not just the enemy team.

You do realize I play Halo for fun and fun to me is not losing, right? I just don't get how anyone can play a multiplayer game and consider getting rolled over by your opponents over and over "fun."[/QUOTE]

Could of, would have and should have. Thats your opinion he could of got more kills. If you/he think they can do better with GRAB IT FIRST. Idk what you don't get about that, that is why there is sprint AA. I consider myself decent with the sniper, but I have off games, so does everybody else. No need to betray someone for not meeting your expectations, they don't have to. I wanted to betray people for driving the tank right into the path of the other tank, now we have to wait 3 minutes for the tank to respond. Oh well fuck it, take it like a man, don't be a little bitch about not getting the weapon or judging someone else's skill.

Corvin, yes you are affecting to someone else's experience when you go around betraying people for not meeting your expectations. The people that are betraying for the sniper are the people that think they are the best with the sniper and they are not. I am not calling you out, but there is experience for everything, especially if you pay for it. Go to the movies and someone is talking on the phone during the movie, what are you going to do, punch em in the face? If I have to pay for Live, the console and the game, I don't want some little punk betraying me, because he is not satisfied with my play.

[quote name='DarkRider23']
You do realize I play Halo for fun and fun to me is not losing, right? I just don't get how anyone can play a multiplayer game and consider getting rolled over by your opponents over and over "fun."[/QUOTE]

Yes winning is fun, but it ain't gonna happen 100% of the time so it's better if you get that out of your system. Don't like your teammates? Friend up some people or play Rumble Pit. Party up with a couple of the good players from the last match. You like to think it's all about how great you are compared to your team but there are options a plenty to satisfy your needs that don't include killing teammates. Hell if worse comes to worse then fucking quit the match.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']
Corvin, yes you are affecting to someone else's experience when you go around betraying people for not meeting your expectations. [/QUOTE]

Huh? I'm on your side brother. lol

In the nine years of playing Halo I've somehow managed to not intentionally betray a teammate exactly 0 times. It's a real tough challenge for some apparently, which I find mildly amusing. Sure there are stray grenades, rockets or even a bizarre sword/hammer kill betrayal once in a while but clubbing someone in the back to take their weapon is as douchey as it gets. It's the online equivalent of "I'm taking my ball and going home."

[quote name='Corvin']Yes winning is fun, but it ain't gonna happen 100% of the time so it's better if you get that out of your system. Don't like your teammates? Friend up some people or play Rumble Pit. Party up with a couple of the good players from the last match. You like to think it's all about how great you are compared to your team but there are options a plenty to satisfy your needs that don't include killing teammates. Hell if worse comes to worse then fucking quit the match.

Huh? I'm on your side brother. lol

In the nine years of playing Halo I've somehow managed to not intentionally betray a teammate exactly 0 times. It's a real tough challenge for some apparently, which I find mildly amusing. Sure there are stray grenades, rockets or even a bizarre sword/hammer kill betrayal once in a while but clubbing someone in the back to take their weapon is as douchey as it gets. It's the online equivalent of "I'm taking my ball and going home."[/QUOTE]

I know thats why I said I am not calling you out. Its all good man, these fools act like they are the best snipers, when one has not even palyed more than 10 games.

[quote name='Corvin']Yes winning is fun, but it ain't gonna happen 100% of the time so it's better if you get that out of your system. Don't like your teammates? Friend up some people or play Rumble Pit. Party up with a couple of the good players from the last match. You like to think it's all about how great you are compared to your team but there are options a plenty to satisfy your needs that don't include killing teammates. Hell if worse comes to worse then fucking quit the match.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. There is no excuse for killing your teammates. If you absolutely have to win every, single match, do what he said: get a group together. Sorry, but you're not gonna win all the time with random people, no matter how good you happen to be.

What I find funny, though, is the excuse a couple of people are using: that the person sucks. Well, what about when people do it in the beginning of the match? What's the excuse, then? You obviously have no clue whether the person sucks or not. So, just admit you're doing it, because you "need" to have the weapon. I know I'm not great, but I can hold my own, and I am constantly getting betrayed at the beginning of matches for weapons.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Jeez. I'm not that bad. I'm not going to betray someone because they won't shoot out a Banshee. You guys are assuming I betray everyone and anyone who takes a sniper. I don't. But if we're losing and you're sitting in a terrible corner of the map where you can't see anyone with 2 kills, and a full sniper rifle, you're getting betrayed because you obviously haven't helped the team at all.[/QUOTE]

I hope you get booted after you betray the poor soul :3

[quote name='DarkRider23']You are right. There are two sides to every coin, so let's stop focusing on the one side that gets betrayed, hm? How about the side that ends up losing because some fucking idiot picked up a weapon he sucks with? He also successfully prevented a teammate that could have gotten more kills with it from using it. Not just the enemy team.

Dude it's a game, grow up.

I don't really mind if someone isn't getting kills with the sniper but if they keep giving it to the other team, they're getting betrayed. Betraying people is funny once in awhile anyways.

Agreed. You ever bash someone even if they lived and it gives the other side a kill and they respawn and kill you and you boot them for betraying you? Lols all the around

Man, today is a bad day for me on Fire Fight. For some reason whenever I'm in a ghost, my team purposely snipe my sweet ride and blow it up. I turn and stare at them in wonder and they start doing the teabag motion, thinking they are funny as hell. This happened 4 times today with different people. Oh, I also keep running into AFKs, getting a free ride for cR. Seriously...WTF PEOPLE?!

[quote name='popular penguin']Man, today is a bad day for me on Fire Fight. For some reason whenever I'm in a ghost, my team purposely snipe my sweet ride and blow it up. I turn and stare at them in wonder and they start doing the teabag motion, thinking they are funny as hell. This happened 4 times today with different people.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... a lot of people seem to dislike like others using vehicles in FF. When I play with one of my local friends, we go for the Warthog if Beachhead comes up; can't tell you how many times people have shot up our ride, even when we aren't getting very many kills.

Can I interest anyone in a little BaskGrifball?

Here's a map my buddy and me just finished. It's Grifball with a twist, you have to dunk to score the grifball. It's a pretty fun map and a little bit different as you can run around stands and not just the court. Let me know what you think, here's a link to the map itself and the gametype:
Map: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9884060&player=MemphisMusicMan
Gametype: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10071015&player=MemphisMusicMan

Heres a couple pics and videos:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9834132&player=MemphisMusicMan

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9871397&player=MemphisMusicMan

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Exactly. There is no excuse for killing your teammates. If you absolutely have to win every, single match, do what he said: get a group together. Sorry, but you're not gonna win all the time with random people, no matter how good you happen to be.

What I find funny, though, is the excuse a couple of people are using: that the person sucks. Well, what about when people do it in the beginning of the match? What's the excuse, then? You obviously have no clue whether the person sucks or not. So, just admit you're doing it, because you "need" to have the weapon. I know I'm not great, but I can hold my own, and I am constantly getting betrayed at the beginning of matches for weapons.[/QUOTE]

talladega-nights-the-ballad-of-ricky-bobby_8-hilarious-sports-movies.jpg

IF YA AINT FIRST YOURE LAST

[quote name='GUNNM']Here's a new one I just did get in the falcon get two team mates and just drive into the ocean.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Obvious trolling at this point.

[quote name='GUNNM']Here's a new one I just did get in the falcon get two team mates and just drive into the ocean.[/quote]

I do that with the warthog sometimes, it's funny.

[quote name='popular penguin']OMG, check out this guy's commendations. He has so many that are onyx for MM :0

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Commendations.aspx?player=SUPERB0Y%20PRIME[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's insane. Over 4000 assassinations? I couldn't imagine ever getting close to that. I usually go for the beatdown, so I don't end up getting killed during the animation. Judging by some of the stats, I am guessing they play a lot of SWAT. They have a ton of headshots, but a pretty low number of Jack of All Trade medals.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Haven't touched this game in almost 2 months, and haven't wanted to.

Bleh. I guess it was a flavor of the month in the end to me.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're like me and Grifball will bring you back. :lol:

[quote name='hustletron']Maybe you're like me and Grifball will bring you back. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I've been really engaged in Carl On Duty: Black Cops, though. Maybe that's it, I dunno. Towards the end of me playing, the game was turning into Halo: Armor Lock, and I just wasn't having any fun. The input lag on the TV was, for some reason, WAY more apparent on Reach than it is in COD.

All in all, I still don't have internet. Maybe getting net will inspire me to play.

ppl boost, it happens it's just another form of farming campaign w/revert to last save checkpoints (mainly because they want cR and ranks to unlock more armor, mostly). in theory since the true skill system is still in place but unviewable ppl who do boost will end up in MP matches with generally other ppl who boost or just better than avg players.

I don't consider scoreattack or FF boosting because, how can you really? You have to kill what the game throws at you. The only FF boosting you can do is the perfection one by idling/afk somewhere on the map while everyone else does all the work which is...lame.

There was one guy who's only played 2 custom games and 1,800 campaign games. I don't know how anyone could or want to do that.

its nice that people are still playing. but come on 30 thousand people. we need a few more people in big team/multi team/objective stop playing that team slayer. these other modes are fun. and not about just killing.

offtopic. it is kind of sad that a mode that little care about (insert rumble pit here?) has more players than 30 other xbox games combined

[quote name='timesplitt']its nice that people are still playing. but come on 30 thousand people. we need a few more people in big team/multi team/objective stop playing that team slayer. these other modes are fun. and not about just killing.[/QUOTE]

Man, I knew the game community must have degraded after COD and all that, but 30,000 people?

population during a time when ppl are crunching for the holidays be that school or work will make you play less and less often. Would a greater population of ppl playing Reach make the experience better or worse for you? honestly, does it matter so long as you can get into a match? I was playing a few hours ago and it had 90,000+

it's 3:30 am on the east coast, 30,000 ppl sunday night (for ppl that have to get up early to go to work or school tomorrow) shouldn't cause you distress or say "omg reach's populating is dropping like the stock market." When that map pack drops, the popular will spike, not that it matters there will always be ppl playing consider there are a lot of great games out right now, both single and multi.

the problem I've run into constantly in team objective is, most ppl don't go for the objective they just want to try and improve their KDR. I always go for the objective but it's difficult and discouraging when you're the only one on the team trying to win the game mode. This is why I like Invasion, though last game half the team ran to the falcon spawn area and the other team just capped the core without any resistance. Meh.

(besides, if it's late and the population drops that just means all the 10 year olds went to bed...that's a good thing)

[quote name='100xp']population during a time when ppl are crunching for the holidays be that school or work will make you play less and less often. Would a greater population of ppl playing Reach make the experience better or worse for you? honestly, does it matter so long as you can get into a match? I was playing a few hours ago and it had 90,000+

it's 3:30 am on the east coast, 30,000 ppl sunday night (for ppl that have to get up early to go to work or school tomorrow) shouldn't cause you distress or say "omg reach's populating is dropping like the stock market." When that map pack drops, the popular will spike, not that it matters there will always be ppl playing consider there are a lot of great games out right now, both single and multi.

the problem I've run into constantly in team objective is, most ppl don't go for the objective they just want to try and improve their KDR. I always go for the objective but it's difficult and discouraging when you're the only one on the team trying to win the game mode. This is why I like Invasion, though last game half the team ran to the falcon spawn area and the other team just capped the core without any resistance. Meh.

(besides, if it's late and the population drops that just means all the 10 year olds went to bed...that's a good thing)[/QUOTE]

That just was just kind of a shock, considering there were 800,000 people playing when I first got Reach, you know? Seems like such a drop. I'm sure it's not, really, considering. I just haven't played it in a bit so it's more of a sudden plummet to me.

Xbox wouldn't be Xbox if there weren't matches of people using every single game mode as one big Deathmatch.

Dedication/Time

Complete 16 Daily Challenges this week.
16,000 cR. Wow...and yet ppl will still complain it's not enough. lol, this is one challenge you can't do in a day.

[quote name='100xp']Dedication/Time

16,000 cR. Wow...and yet ppl will still complain it's not enough. lol, this is one challenge you can't do in a day.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I like that one.

[quote name='100xp']Dedication/Time

16,000 cR. Wow...and yet ppl will still complain it's not enough. lol, this is one challenge you can't do in a day.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that one is entirely do-able and yet I'll be out of town for the week away from my 360.

I totally screwed myself yesterday too. I was nearly through the complete a campaign mission on heroic daily challenge and I set it down to finish homework. I forgot to go back to it before bed. I did it on the second mission so I could get the achievement for not using a vehicle also and I can still get that achievement but I'm kinda bummed that I was so close to finishing the challenge and I forgot to go back to it.

Man, the last weekly challenge was impossible for me to do (my first incompleted weekly challenge). I play this game religiously and I only got 31/50 wins. I guess my true skill is off the charts becuase I always get the noobs on my team >:3

I was playing firefight this morning and people keep blowing-up my ghost. One guy had his mic on and was laughing when he demolished my ride...TWICE!! Oh, and the other guy was AFK. With all these A-holes running around and the haunted helmet so far away, I'm feeling discouraged to play this game ;[

funny. If you manage to bang out all the dailies you'll finish on Thanksgiving Day...which I guess is bungie's way of saying, happy holidays. Hopefully Christmas will have an even better weekly/daily.

gobble gobble.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, 16K points is quite nice for the weekly challenge. It's strange, though, that they only gave us 5K for 50 wins, which to me was a real pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

it's a holiday gift challenge, no complaints here.

So you guys know how I get cheesed-off when dudes ruin my ride in FF? Well this one takes the cake; someone sniped me out of a WRAITH!!1 D:< Stealing a wraith has to be the hardest thing to do in FF and this jerk has to ruin my time in the spotlight. To hell with FF. I tired of all this horse s**t.

[quote name='popular penguin']So you guys know how I get cheesed-off when dudes ruin my ride in FF? Well this one takes the cake; someone sniped me out of a WRAITH!!1 D:< Stealing a wraith has to be the hardest thing to do in FF and this jerk has to ruin my time in the spotlight. To hell with FF. I tired of all this horse s**t.[/QUOTE]

damn, did you submit player review and avoid that player? I'd really try and party up with your XBL friends and go into FF, I played FF last night with a buddy and someone came in with 2 controllers and dropped out at the start of the match immediately. It's very common...highest FF score for me to date too.

[quote name='popular penguin']...Stealing a wraith has to be the hardest thing to do in FF....[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know that was possible. How do you go about doing that?

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I didn't even know that was possible. How do you go about doing that?[/QUOTE]

you have to kill the gunner first, if it's a grunt it's much easier because it only takes a headshot from any percision wpn or magnum...next you gotta jump into the gunner seat. The driver, usually an elite will then get angry and exit the Wraith to try and kill you...and most times very successfully.

If you play on a forge map just wait with the sniper rifle and jetpack just as you're lined up with someone and take the shot...the other easy way is to hit them with a stickie and jetpack away. although 10 is a lot more than the usual 3. Consider a lot of ppl both good and not so good will be trying to get this all day, take advantage of that.

Exactly. I run and gun, and Jetpacking is so slow. What I really hate are people w/ Armor Lock that are so pro all of a sudden b/c they can stick and lock. (Looking at one of you guys)

bread's done
Back