Halo: Reach

stick and lock, stick and evade, stick and jetpack...it's a simple and effective combo, I don't see why it's considered pro all of a sudden. I actually have seen elites do stick and evade in the previous Halo games as well.

getting 125 kills was really the most time consuming.

had another proud member of the human cartoon show pee his diaper and throw a stickier at the wraith I was driving because he couldn't be in it...same dood that betrayed me in Invasion Slayer so he could pick up both wpn drops even though I controlled the territory. Won't discourage me though I still got like 10 assists that match.

So how exactly does the betrayal system work? Sometimes I get booted after 1 betrayal, sometimes I don't. What really sucks is when a team mate betrays you for taking the sniper or tank and you can't boot him. But when you betray him back, you get booted.

[quote name='popular penguin']So how exactly does the betrayal system work? Sometimes I get booted after 1 betrayal, sometimes I don't. What really sucks is when a team mate betrays you for taking the sniper or tank and you can't boot him. But when you betray him back, you get booted.[/QUOTE]

Well it's supposed to be three strikes and your out, but maybe thats auto-boot. When Reach first came out it kept track of how many times you were booted for betraying and if you were inflicting damage to a teammate, it kept track of that as well. IDK now though.

[quote name='popular penguin']So how exactly does the betrayal system work? Sometimes I get booted after 1 betrayal, sometimes I don't. What really sucks is when a team mate betrays you for taking the sniper or tank and you can't boot him. But when you betray him back, you get booted.[/QUOTE]

the game tracks how much damage is done to each player, how often, when, and within a certain time after death...that's how they can award you medals, assists, and multi kills. the betrayal booting system seems to be working like that in a way.

If you betray someone 3 times, you can get booted. Not sure how this works exactly but 3 strikes and you're potentially out. There also seems to be a boot option if you betray someone within a certain amount of time from the last betrayal. i.e. someone betrays you, you betray them back right after respawn. On top of that the system sometimes fails when you're fighting someone and have a bar of health left and one of your teammates shoots you, it counts as a kill for the other team but not a betrayal.

So in short, amount of damage dealt from one player to another, amount of time between betrayals, and total number of betrayals has a factor in the boot system...but don't quote me on that, it's just what i've been reading on the forums and experienced.

Explosive Ordnance Distribution - 1000 cR

Earn 3 kills with ordnance weapons in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

These are what the game considers Ordnance wpns in MM. Basically anything that has splash damage/and or classified as a heavy wpn. Must be 3 in a single match.

- Rocket Launcher
- Plasma Launcher
- Grenade Launcher
- Concussion Rifle
- Spartan Laser

Probably easiest on Invasion since you have more opportunities to get kills w/out drawing too much attention to yourself as well as 2 rounds to try and get a total of 3 kills. There's also a rocket launcher and a spartan laser that spawns in Boneyard above the Core. Easy opportunities to give someone spartan laser love while trying to get the heavy core out the door. Invasion Slayer also spawns plenty of ordance when you capture a territory...and of course virtually any map that has Rocket Launcher, the father of heavy wpns.

Concussion Rifle kills anyone without shields with 2 shot to the body (i.e. after a melee bash incase you were wondering)

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']^ That goes double for me, I mean Halo at least forces people to look before they throw a nade. Imagine how it would be like if FF was off.[/QUOTE]

True. Probably not possible but have FF adjustable on the fly based on the heatmap. If there is a way to tell there is no enemy within X radius then it's on. In the heat of battle have it off.

[quote name='100xp']Explosive Ordnance Distribution - 1000 cR

Earn 3 kills with ordnance weapons in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

These are what the game considers Ordnance wpns in MM. Basically anything that has splash damage/and or classified as a heavy wpn. Must be 3 in a single match.

- Rocket Launcher
- Plasma Launcher
- Grenade Launcher
- Concussion Rifle
- Spartan Laser

Probably easiest on Invasion since you have more opportunities to get kills w/out drawing too much attention to yourself as well as 2 rounds to try and get a total of 3 kills. There's also a rocket launcher and a spartan laser that spawns in Boneyard above the Core. Easy opportunities to give someone spartan laser love while trying to get the heavy core out the door. Invasion Slayer also spawns plenty of ordance when you capture a territory...and of course virtually any map that has Rocket Launcher, the father of heavy wpns.

Concussion Rifle kills anyone without shields with 2 shot to the body (i.e. after a melee bash incase you were wondering)[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking for the Ordnance Weapons. Basically it just seems that this will be a rush for the "power weapons" for those 3 kills for 1 game. Hooray! This one will probably be the most annoying.

The rest seem fairly easy and I am not sure if they raised the cR just for the holiday season or not, but I think they should keep it at this level from this point on. Trying to get an achievement only to get 300 cR at best is pretty weak sauce. That jetpack one was pretty easy since it was not based on jsut one game. Shotgun + jetpack was pretty entertaining on Spire on the top... ahh the death from above.

If anyone is wanting to get the challanges tonight send me a message. I'll be up for doing these after 8:30 PM EST. Gamertag: RedBeardRaven

[quote name='setupusthebomb']Exactly. I run and gun, and Jetpacking is so slow. What I really hate are people w/ Armor Lock that are so pro all of a sudden b/c they can stick and lock. (Looking at one of you guys)[/QUOTE]

Don't hate, congratulate.

[quote name='setupusthebomb']Exactly. I run and gun, and Jetpacking is so slow. What I really hate are people w/ Armor Lock that are so pro all of a sudden b/c they can stick and lock. (Looking at one of you guys)[/QUOTE]

So youre the pro guy that runs in a straight line spraying with the AR/DMR attempting to follow up with a melee when you go to reload?

After reading this thread it's good to see that I'm not the only person who noticed how the game became Halo: Armor Lock. That's why I stopped playing this game.

Great campaign, frustrating mutilplayer - it's kind of the opposite of previous Halo games IMO. Not meaning to crap on the game - I'm just glad people are having some of the same problems that I am.

The only bad thing about this game is armor lock. Too many powerful effects, like go into armor lock and pop right out and the opponent's shield is down, same with a vehicle. Saves you from sticky nades, pop into AL and the nade falls off. Your completely invulnerable while, nothing can hurt you. I just think its too overpowered compared to the other AAs. I really only use sprint now, I just think getting to weapons, vehicles or vantage points is better than anything else.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']The only bad thing about this game is armor lock. Too many powerful effects, like go into armor lock and pop right out and the opponent's shield is down, same with a vehicle. Saves you from sticky nades, pop into AL and the nade falls off. Your completely invulnerable while, nothing can hurt you. I just think its too overpowered compared to the other AAs. I really only use sprint now, I just think getting to weapons, vehicles or vantage points is better than anything else.[/QUOTE]

I understand people's frustrations with Armor Lock but there are far greater things wrong with this game than that armor ability. Everything you mentioned about it could be avoided.

Dude, why do you consistently come in here just to say the most useless comments? How can I avoid those situations, Mr.MLG pro? I can't tell if someone has armor lock until they use it. Damn, I just don't understand why people play something they don't like and this can go for anything outside of video gaming as well. It boggles my fucking mind.

[quote name='hustletron']I understand people's frustrations with Armor Lock but there are far greater things wrong with this game than that armor ability. Everything you mentioned about it could be avoided.[/QUOTE]

I certianly don't have many problems with this game as compared to others. Armor Lock has one advantage to it which doesn't make sense to me. When I first read the ability or remember the ability from the beta it was different. Basically the way it worked was that it used the shield from the mjolnir armor to "overcapacity" and make the person invulnerable. The downside to this effect was that the shield was to be depleted after the charge was met. That made perfect sense to me, and I remember it working somewhat like that in the beta.

Playing in multiplayer now, it seems like shields can regenerate while in armor lock, or shields will still be full ( if nothing was taken away in the first place ) after the ability is used. Beyond this I feel that the ability is great.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Dude, why do you consistently come in here just to say the most useless comments? How can I avoid those situations, Mr.MLG pro? I can't tell if someone has armor lock until they use it. Damn, I just don't understand why people play something they don't like and this can go for anything outside of video gaming as well. It boggles my fucking mind.[/QUOTE]

I guess my comments are useless because they disagree with you and what you say is absolute. Who said I was MLG Pro? You don't have to know whether someone has Armor Lock or not, the only situation Armor Lock comes into play is when you get close to them.

Don't get close to them and it's a non issue. If they gun you down from a distance what difference does it make what armor ability they have?

If you're shooting at someone using AL out of melee range and he goes into AL, wait for him to get out and kill him, how is it that hard? Throw a grenade, keep circling him, all that works till he gets out and it's an easy kill. I'm not just speaking out of my ass, I actually do this stuff and it works, also while I'm using armor lock. The EMP range isn't that big, I know because I use AL in gametypes that have it as an option, people are stupid enough to get close to me and I EMP them, people run in a straight line while shooting, I stick them and then AL. I guess you're a bad player for capitalizing on stupid players' stupid play styles.

I've also not played Reach in a good month, multiplayer anyway, so the fact that you'd even mention people playing games they don't like is irrelevant when you've been complaining the past what? 5 pages from getting betrayed because you suck with the sniper and keep picking up to complaining about Armor Lock? Bbut when someone disagrees they aren't allowed to have an opinion. Kudos on being an idiot.

You say I have useless comments but it seems like you're copying complaints from Bungie.net and pasting them here.

[quote name='GUNNM']Only thing armor lock doesn't save you from is being kicked by the guy you killed for getting the sniper back =[[/QUOTE]

1242548718200.jpg

There are many opinions in here, so I feel compelled to throw my opinions into the mix as well:

1) Teamkilling to get a weapon is a douche move. Whatever the motive, you're a douche and deserve to be kicked from multiplayer until you learn to not be a brat.

2) Armorlock isn't overpowered. It's situational. You don't get shields back during the lock, and to someone who knows the timing you're a sitting target. No one's doubting that it's good, especially in MultiTeam, but it's hardly overpowered. If someone uses it while in close quarters, back up. If you're in multiteam, don't stick around to hit your opponent when he unlocks unless your teammate has your back... because you'll just get shot in the back by another team.

3) Destroying an ally's vehicle while in Firefight is absolutely stupid. I almost wish they brought friendly fire back just so that those people could be booted. What's the incentive for that? Just to be a killjoy because you wanted the vehicle? The vehicles aren't even that good in FireFight.

4) Teabagging is dumb. The people who do these are the reason why the XBox Live community is considered a joke in many circles. If it makes you feel good about yourself, do it, but hopefully you know you're probably just a big joke of a human being to everyone around you... especially your mother.

5) Continuing to post in a thread about a game you "hate" is very transparent. You either secretly love the game, or you have nothing better to do with your time.

[quote name='GuardianE']
5) Continuing to post in a thread about a game you "hate" is very transparent. You either secretly love the game, or you have nothing better to do with your time.[/QUOTE]

According to some people, won't name names, but apparently if you complain about a games flaws and/or how players play said game, you shouldn't be posting about it in this thread nor playing the game any longer. Logic at it's finest.

There's complaining about a game and there's beating a dead horse. We get it, you don't like Reach and are holding out for Griffball. That's fine, I don't think anyone has any issues with that, it's the incessant need to reiterate the same thing over-and-over-and over.

[quote name='GuardianE']There are many opinions in here, so I feel compelled to throw my opinions into the mix as well:

1) Teamkilling to get a weapon is a douche move. Whatever the motive, you're a douche and deserve to be kicked from multiplayer until you learn to not be a brat.

2) Armorlock isn't overpowered. It's situational. You don't get shields back during the lock, and to someone who knows the timing you're a sitting target. No one's doubting that it's good, especially in MultiTeam, but it's hardly overpowered. If someone uses it while in close quarters, back up. If you're in multiteam, don't stick around to hit your opponent when he unlocks unless your teammate has your back... because you'll just get shot in the back by another team.

3) Destroying an ally's vehicle while in Firefight is absolutely stupid. I almost wish they brought friendly fire back just so that those people could be booted. What's the incentive for that? Just to be a killjoy because you wanted the vehicle? The vehicles aren't even that good in FireFight.

4) Teabagging is dumb. The people who do these are the reason why the XBox Live community is considered a joke in many circles. If it makes you feel good about yourself, do it, but hopefully you know you're probably just a big joke of a human being to everyone around you... especially your mother.

5) Continuing to post in a thread about a game you "hate" is very transparent. You either secretly love the game, or you have nothing better to do with your time.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree on all points. Glad there's still players out there that aren't douchebags.

[quote name='Corvin']There's complaining about a game and there's beating a dead horse. We get it, you don't like Reach and are holding out for Griffball. That's fine, I don't think anyone has any issues with that, it's the incessant need to reiterate the same thing over-and-over-and over.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People who post in here like the game. You don't like it? That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But at some point, continuing to visit a thread for a game that you say you don't like is simply childish. Let it go.

And I agree totally with GuardianE's points.

To me, all of the armor abilities are overpowered, in the right hands. Yeah, there are guys who really good at pissing me off with the armorlock, but there are plenty of people who suck with it, as well. As Guardian said, if someone doesn't know how to use it right and just goes into it and stays in it, it's very easy to learn the timing and just toss a grenade at the perfect moment.

As far as teabagging goes, it's dumb, and while it doesn't bother me, I do find it beyond funny when people people teabag you for no reason, like someone else kills you, or they kill after the match, or they kill you in a 4-on-1 game. I mean, are you really proud of these things? Besides, is your preferred method of celebrating putting your balls on another guy's face? Is that how you spend your Friday nights, too?

Coming from a mostly Firefight player, I've been playing a lot of Big Team Battle recently because of the weekly achievement and don't see a lot of AL users. When it is being used I've been able to time a grenade/few shots to finish them off, or if they do get me after they exit AL my teammates will get them. I use it mainly if my team is winding up on the end of enemy windshields.

As far as teabagging, is everyone new to first person shooters? I think it's juvenile and it doesn't happen only in Halo. In the long run, you forget who teabagged you, they forgets who they teabagged (unless they saved the film), and they win because they achieved their goal of antagonizing you.

[quote name='Corvin']There's complaining about a game and there's beating a dead horse. We get it, you don't like Reach and are holding out for Griffball. That's fine, I don't think anyone has any issues with that, it's the incessant need to reiterate the same thing over-and-over-and over.[/QUOTE]

100 pages of you, 100xp and 7th, going back and forth about daily challenges, but I'm beating a dead horse. No you're right. Hahahaha sorry I must have missed the rules you all layed out in this thread. I like the game, never said I didn't, but in it's current state it's not as fun when it was shiny and new as others have also said, but since I guess I should apologize for partaking in the community. I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

Wow, dude, you really are an epic douchebag. Or just a troll. I cannot tell which one. Hopefully, for your sake, you're just trolling. How can you honestly compare you constantly crying about this game to people discussing the challenges? You do realize they change all the time, right? It's not at all the same as you crying about the same crap over and over and over again.

Now I know your a fucking troll. So your saying I have to stay away from them? I love the "you suck with the sniper" comment. You can make assumptions about people, but nobody can do the same about you? About the AL, I am talking about when your already too close to them and there is nothing you can do about them locking up, but apparently you have AL vision and can see them from a mile away. Nothing you said applied about what I was saying about AL. I can't wait till Grifball comes out, more bitching will ensue. So keep on trolling, I think its hilarious when people like you complain and complain, but still play the game.

nothing wrong with contributing to the advancement of the Halo experience with daily challenge tips and forecasts. If anything it's one of the few positive posts on the coke vs. pepsi thread lately.

7th actually hasn't posted or played Reach since CoD anyway, but if you miss him you can find him on the CoD thread. Say hi while you're there and them him we're catching up. :)

...and I totally traded my copy of Reach in today...for the $80 legendary version at GS. hi5!

Did dmaul ever make Lt. Col.? If not, today is definitely the day to rack up some points. Easy 6500 today.

So where's the best spot in the campaign to rack up the Grunt kills? I guess you could do the Oni/Target Locater thing, but you only get 5 or so at a time. That would be pretty time consuming.

[quote name='Corvin']Did dmaul ever make Lt. Col.? If not, today is definitely the day to rack up some points. Easy 6500 today.

So where's the best spot in the campaign to rack up the Grunt kills? I guess you could do the Oni/Target Locater thing, but you only get 5 or so at a time. That would be pretty time consuming.[/QUOTE]

I think its some what fast.

For the jet packing, start on rally point alpha and just keep reverting to last save once you have killed most of the brutes

[quote name='Corvin']Did dmaul ever make Lt. Col.? If not, today is definitely the day to rack up some points. Easy 6500 today.

So where's the best spot in the campaign to rack up the Grunt kills? I guess you could do the Oni/Target Locater thing, but you only get 5 or so at a time. That would be pretty time consuming.[/QUOTE]

If I remember the name of the mission right, ( I am at work right now so I can't check ) Long Night of Solace has quite a few grunts throughout the whole mission. Especially after you dock with the covenant ship and go inside where the Corvette map is located. Unless someone else knows a better location to just keep reseting the save for the kills I like to run this way too becasue the mission seems to go by faster ( due to the Saber combat ). Also, isn't there a challenege today where you have to kill 10 some odd enemies with the designator?

[quote name='RedBeardRaven']If I remember the name of the mission right, ( I am at work right now so I can't check ) Long Night of Solace has quite a few grunts throughout the whole mission. Especially after you dock with the covenant ship and go inside where the Corvette map is located. Unless someone else knows a better location to just keep reseting the save for the kills I like to run this way too becasue the mission seems to go by faster ( due to the Saber combat ). Also, isn't there a challenege today where you have to kill 10 some odd enemies with the designator?[/QUOTE]

nope
90 enemies anywhere in reach
200 grunts
35 jet packing
15 Moa on winter solace

trying to get the moa before I have to leave to the in laws. Last night fell asleep at midnight woke up at 4:30am to finish up the firefight with nade launcher challenge.

Yeah, I read that as rocket launcher yesterday, instead of the grenade launcher, so I was trying out all the score attack modes to see if you could get a RL on any of them(since I figured it would be a nightmare going for it in regular FF with 3 other people). No dice. However, I did finally try out Mythic Attack though (briefly). It appears that it's regular FF except all the enemies have double health.

Once I realized it was the GL it only took a minute to get. I always forget about that weapon.

There is one board where there is a fair amount of grunts at the start. It might Long Night of Solace. It is the one where you start with a pistol and there are the grunt death squads.

Dude, this guy's rank is the highest I've seen. He must have hit the cR cap daily since the release ( and I was called a no-lifer ).

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/PlayerGameHistory.aspx?player=xXSAVIORS0ULXx

Looks like FF and Multi Team is the way to go for tons of cR.

Happy Thanksgiving Spartans.

Kinda nice today's challenges were all easily obtainable solo. For the jetpacking challenge you can just revert to last save and knock out the first group of grunts on the right of the steps until you hit the 200 mark, you get multikills, infantry, hvy wpn, and knock out 2 dailies at once. If you have time to play campaign you can just cruise through Winter Cont., there's a lot of grunts from beginning to end.

I ended up starting with the MOA challenge, so after running through Winter C. I was already at around 70 at the drop zone where Kat has to unlock the door. The drop ships just keep unloading Grunts and Jackyls and I just kept playing that section to hit the 200 Grunt mark.

[quote name='GUNNM']damnit don't even time for the jetpacking one
also double xp on red dead if anyone still plays[/QUOTE]

It takes less than 5 mins to do, if you do what I said in a post above.

Today's challenges are:

Shootin' and Lootin'- 3000 cR

Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Gunslinger- 1000 cR

Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Leadership Element- 1500 cR

Kill 45 enemy leaders in the Campaign today.

Double Nickels- 1500 cR

Earn 2 Killing Sprees in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

These seem pretty easy today as well. I believe the easiest way to get the Leadership Element challenges is on the first part of Pillar of Autumn. Just reset after you get the kill. The rest should be pretty easy to get either way. Double Nickles I would easily just choose Swat or Big Team Battle and go for an objective game type. Toss grenades. Done. Happy fragging everyone.

BTW, there is a pretty decent free Reach app on the iPhone that tracks your stats, challenges, and such. It's called Reach Stats and is quicker than loading up Bungie on the phone. It has a nice interface too.

[quote name='RedBeardRaven']I believe the easiest way to get the Leadership Element challenges is on the first part of Pillar of Autumn. Just reset after you get the kill.[/QUOTE]

Or just do the part at the start of ONI with the TD. You'll get a few Elites, plus all of the other kills, helping you to boost a bunch of campaign commendations, as well.

[quote name='RedBeardRaven']Today's challenges are:

Shootin' and Lootin'- 3000 cR

Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Gunslinger- 1000 cR

Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Leadership Element- 1500 cR

Kill 45 enemy leaders in the Campaign today.

Double Nickels- 1500 cR

Earn 2 Killing Sprees in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

These seem pretty easy today as well. I believe the easiest way to get the Leadership Element challenges is on the first part of Pillar of Autumn. Just reset after you get the kill. The rest should be pretty easy to get either way. Double Nickles I would easily just choose Swat or Big Team Battle and go for an objective game type. Toss grenades. Done. Happy fragging everyone.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say thanks for all the tips whenever I can't figure out what to do I come here and you are always right. Thanks man. Now to get the leadership one and be done with the weekly challenge.

For even less effort, you can beatdown the 1st elite in Nightfall over and over and over again for Leadership Element. If you move to a certain spot in the brush you can load a checkpoint with a nice b-line right to the elite, this way you don't have to start from the very beginning when you revert to last save.

As for Double Nickles, the 1 headshot in SWAT tends to end your spree progress too abrutly. Go for Invasion, or Living Dead (Infection). A Shotgun Spree/Killing Spree/Zombie Killing Spree will net you the challenge along with 3 spanky medals and a warm feeling inside.

[quote name='100xp']
As for Double Nickles, the 1 headshot in SWAT tends to end your spree progress too abrutly. [/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I was one kill away from getting my second spree earlier and got pegged from across the map AS I was squeezing the trigger to nail a different guy. :(

I'm going to try some Invasion to try and get it.

bread's done
Back