Halo: Reach

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I had my spartan updated yesterday but the other accounts in the house did not. Could possibly be because I am the only Bungie.net member though.

On a side note, tried community slayer today. I have to say that most people have to be way more creative than I am. I enjoyed the few maps I played on.[/QUOTE]

possible, since the only buddy of mine who's spartan didn't update didn't have his profile tied to his account.

some of the community maps are really revamped maps from other games, using forge building blocks sometimes you just don't notice that you're playing on an old team fortress map, quake map, and/or a modified version of an older Halo map...but yes, some of the maps and their creativity is certainly commendable.

Still even being maps being remade, it takes much more than I am capable of. I am terrible, even with the snapping together pieces.

Just curious but does the community slayer give you more credits than an average team slayer match? I was getting close to 1500Cr in Community, if i remember correctly I think I usually get around 900-1200Cr. I could be mistaken but thought I would ask.

after updates:
- game completion cR lower (effects higher ranked players more, negatively)
- slot machine cR frequently higher (effects lower ranked players more, postively)

as for community slayer? i doubt it. cR is based on time spent playing, commednations, performance (if you win), and the slot machine. Rank also determines how much cR you can recieve, the higher rank you are the more cR you earn through game completion. If you notice that you're getting more cR for a game type on avg it's possible the slot machine is just rewarding you with more cR. I have yet to see double digit slot machine rewards now, everything has been 300 cR + and getting 778 - 900+ is becoming more common.

[quote name='100xp']after updates:
- game completion cR lower (effects higher ranked players more, negatively)
- slot machine cR frequently higher (effects lower ranked players more, postively)

as for community slayer? i doubt it. cR is based on time spent playing, commednations, performance (if you win), and the slot machine. Rank also determines how much cR you can recieve, the higher rank you are the more cR you earn through game completion. If you notice that you're getting more cR for a game type on avg it's possible the slot machine is just rewarding you with more cR. I have yet to see double digit slot machine rewards now, everything has been 300 cR + and getting 778 - 900+ is becoming more common.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay thanks!

Woohoo! Finally.
playermodel.ashx

the chance of me having sex in the next week 1/1000

the chance of a map of mine being in community 1/1,000,000,000,000

:(

Aside from the community playlists, we also deployed Arena FFA, made some general tweaks and adjustments to other aspects of our online game, and prepped the next round of Firefight changes, which will be deployed as soon as smoke testing clears.

Here’s the roughed in scheduled from resident playlist masseuse, Jeremiah:

Jan. 11th - Firefight Arcade

1 team of 4 takes on the crazy Firefight experience. Teams have unlimited lives as they play for 15 minutes.

• Fistfight: (Based on Rocketfight with weapon pickup enabled, Hammers and Sword starting weapons, added 200% Damage and Melee modifier, 2 each grenade count, Player Movement 120%, enable Grunt B-day, IWHBYD and Cowbell skulls, disabled dropship, 2X Overshields, Skirmisher Bonus Round, Loadout 5 is Hologram, 5 Second Respawn, added Heretics into Waves)
  • Nadefight: (Based on Rocketfight with weapon pickup enabled, Grenade Launcher and Concussion Rifle starting weapons, added 150% Damage and Melee modifier, 4 each grenade count, enable Grunt B-Day, IWHBYD and Cowbell skulls, disabled dropship, 2X Overshields, Skirmisher Bonus Round, Added Evade for Armor Lock, and Hologram for Dropshield, 5 second respawn, add Heretics)
  • Rocketfight (weapon pickup enabled, add: 150% Damage and Melee Modifier, 2 each grenade count, enable Grunt B-day, IWHBYD and Cowbell skulls, disable dropships, 2X Overshields, Grunt Bonus Round, Swapped out Armor Lock for Evade, Swapped out Drop Shield for Hologram, 5 second respawn, add Heretics)
  • Sniperfight (weapon pickup enabled, add: 150% Damage and Melee Modifier, 2 each grenade count, enable Grunt B-day, IWHBYD and Cowbell skulls, disable dropships, 2X Overshields, Grunt Bonus Round, Added Sprint back in and Hologram, 5 second respawn, add Heretics)
  • FRGFight (based on updated Rocketfight with Fuel Rod and Needler starts)
  • Plasmafight (based on updated Rocketfight with Plasma Launcher and Needle Rifle starts, and 4x Plasma grenades)
Jan. 18th - Grifball (probably)

Jan 25th - Firefight Limited

• Classic Firefight, ala ODST, but for one set only.
All of these playlists will be available for a limited time only and any of the details above are subject to change.

Community Slayer ends on 1/18.

And that’s all you’re going to get out of me this week. Hopefully, you enjoyed the Pentathlon coverage and imagery as much as I enjoyed eating the Pentathlon snack foods and watching the Newbies crush the competition. See you next week.

Oh, and…

Hope they keep the promise of that date for griffball

[quote name='Ma12kez']When he says, "All of these playlists will be available for a limited time only," does that include Grifball?[/QUOTE]

It's possible I'm mistaken, but wasn't grifball only around for a limited time only in halo 3 as well? IE: Double EXP weekends and such.

[quote name='Corvin']Griffball was limited at first on certain weekends. It wasn't a permanent addition for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

I dont recall it ever being permanent.

Odd that they would make it limited when Living Dead is permament and that playlist is so poorly done.

Hmmm...it may not have been a 7 day permanent addition, but at some point wasn't it up every weekend? I wonder if I popped it in tonight if it would be on there.

[quote name='Corvin']Hmmm...it may not have been a 7 day permanent addition, but at some point wasn't it up every weekend? I wonder if I popped it in tonight if it would be on there.[/QUOTE]

Before Reach they were still rotating. I dont know what they did after Reach.

[quote name='popular penguin']http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=Das%20Gehrman

98% armory completion AND commendation progress?! Booster or not, that is impressive.[/QUOTE]

is it me or everytime you post a link it's never a link just text? then when I quote you it magically becomes a clickable link...err actually it didn't become a link magically.

anyone who has 41,000+ kills with the Target Locator doesn't impress me...or someone who boosts excessively. that's just silly. No one, no matter how good you are has a 7.36 K/D/R.

[quote name='100xp']is it me or everytime you post a link it's never a link just text? then when I quote you it magically becomes a clickable link...err actually it didn't become a link magically.

anyone who has 41,000+ kills with the Target Locator doesn't impress me...or someone who boosts excessively. that's just silly. No one, no matter how good you are has a 7.36 K/D/R.[/QUOTE]

I use the iphone version of CAG, not allowing me to make links, spoilers, etc. The full version of CAG eats up too much memory on my ipod >:3

It is possible to have a legit 7 K/D/R, just play Infection and hide when you are a zombie ;D

[quote name='popular penguin']I use the iphone version of CAG, not allowing me to make links, spoilers, etc. The full version of CAG eats up too much memory on my ipod >:3

It is possible to have a legit 7 K/D/R, just play Infection and hide when you are a zombie ;D[/QUOTE]

ah I see, that's explains a lot.

as for this guy's 7+ K/D/R...I'm going to wager a guess it's not from Infection. Plus iirc they put in a lot more soft kill zones on a bunch of maps for Infection so it's going to be a lot of harder to let that clock wind down to 0:00 and get some godly killing runs.

Ran through all the dailies before work.

Looks like Bungie "fixed" Nightfall. Killing the first Elite no longer counts as an Elite kill towards a Challenge. I tried Normal & Heroic and both Assassinating and Shooting him. Nada. It counted toward the "kill X enemies" though. No biggie, right around the ridge you get a checkpoint with 3 elites on the roof to the right. It's probably faster this way anyway.

funny.

there's plenty of places to kill elites in Nightfall anyway and with a more efficient check point, I actually hope they continue to dynamically tweak the game. I figured that challenges were a form of data collection so they could see problem spots.

thanks for the early warning.

Does anyone want to get a group together to do "Legendary Friends" this week? I also need the achievement for keeping the tank alive during the 9th mission so that might be a good one to do if anyone else needs that cheev.

[quote name='100xp']funny.

there's plenty of places to kill elites in Nightfall anyway and with a more efficient check point, I actually hope they continue to dynamically tweak the game. I figured that challenges were a form of data collection so they could see problem spots.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They tweaked Oni and WC at some point recently as well. Noticed that a couple weeks ago. You no longer get the check point prior to picking up the Designator on Oni. It gives you a check point after you fire it. No more reloading the save to boost. I was never big on it, but did do it a few times, enough to Onyx one or two commendations, but mostly it was too boring for my tastes. It was good for those times that I wasn't in the mood to knock out 250+ kills in the other modes.

As for WC, you can't hijack the Hornet anymore for the shortcut.

Personally I'd still like to see them do some playlist specific Challenges. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sticks to my favorite 2-4 modes. For example, I have yet to give the Arena a try, but I'm sure I would if they tied some Challenges to it. Using Challenges could beef up the Big Team Battle pool and make it worth playing for a day. Maybe we'll see a Griffball one down the line.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Does anyone want to get a group together to do "Legendary Friends" this week? I also need the achievement for keeping the tank alive during the 9th mission so that might be a good one to do if anyone else needs that cheev.[/QUOTE]

I don't even recall trying for that one and got it (on Legendary, actually). If worse came to worst you could just forgo the tank altogether and hoof it.

[quote name='100xp']is it me or everytime you post a link it's never a link just text? then when I quote you it magically becomes a clickable link...err actually it didn't become a link magically.

anyone who has 41,000+ kills with the Target Locator doesn't impress me...or someone who boosts excessively. that's just silly. No one, no matter how good you are has a 7.36 K/D/R.[/QUOTE]

It's possible to have a 7+ k/d/r if you only play competitive with a full party of the highest skilled players and quit any game where you get matched up against another full party of skilled players. No boosting required. 4-5 k/d ratios are more realistic though.

I think I may give Reach another chance since they've updated the playlists quite a bit in the last 2-3 months. Especially since my friend keeps bothering me to play.

[quote name='Corvin']If worse came to worst you could just forgo the tank altogether and hoof it.[/QUOTE]
Actually, you do have to pull the tank into its little garage area at the end to unlock it.

@ corvin - funny, I never thought to hijack the hornet or did the TD, wasn't big on that either. I did manage to hop the gauss warthog in swordbase over the barriers, take out both hunters, and drive it into the elevator...but then I had a Austin Powers moment, couldn't get the warthog into the elevator and close it without it blowing up. haha.

@ Kaelestis - I didn't know that when you quit a game before it ends the KDR doesn't get affected etc. I can see 4/5 but 7 at someone who's Mythic ranked is just farfetched to me. Plus if you're quitting against other teams constantly I can't see you being able to play enough games consistantly without a quit ban to get those ratios. Hey, if you're awesome & lucky then you're awesome & luckly but I don't give any recognition to a player like that but unhealthy devotion.

@ Ryuukishi - for the tank achievement, I drove the tank to a certain point jumped out grabbed the ghost to load the area and spot the enemies...ran back to the tank, beat everything...ran back to the ghost etc. Took longer than perhaps someone who knew where everything was from the getgo but hey...what we do for achievements right? (and this was before I even know about revert to last save and all that mumbo jumbo)

Legendary friends co-op you could do with a 2nd controller, WC is almost designed so you could with the checkpoints and places your guest can hide. Just don't turn the iron skull on. also iirc, co-op campaign local of just you and a 2nd controller isn't a bannable offense.

[quote name='Corvin']Yeah. They tweaked Oni and WC at some point recently as well. Noticed that a couple weeks ago. You no longer get the check point prior to picking up the Designator on Oni. It gives you a check point after you fire it. No more reloading the save to boost. I was never big on it, but did do it a few times, enough to Onyx one or two commendations, but mostly it was too boring for my tastes. It was good for those times that I wasn't in the mood to knock out 250+ kills in the other modes.

[/QUOTE]

Not true, did it today and worked like it always did.

Odd. I killed him at least a dozen times (as posted, various methods and difficulties) and it didn't count any of them. Hell I killed him 10 times before realizing I wasn't getting credit. That's when I quit and tried different methods.

The "Return of the Mack" challenge was acting strange with me. None of the Elites that died from the TD on ONI counted toward the required 50. So I started on rally point bravo on "Long Night of Solace" for E-A-S-Y Elite kills. Odd thing was that I had to kill 76 Elites to complete the challenge. Not sure why some of my kills didn't count.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I was talking about the oni trick, it still works.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected then. I tried 3-4 times a couple weeks ago and had the results posted above. At any rate, seems like it would be an easy fix on their end. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

FF arcade is fun, seems popular as of late mainly because it seems easy to earn certain commendations quicker than traditional FF and Scoreattack. One problem I ran into...haters.

Some douche nozzle spent and entire 4 waves following me around firing the FRG at me so I guess his 3 other party members could try and catch up to my score. Originally I thought I was just getting some friendly fire but utlimately it was just someone who probably wears the kneepads in that party. I still outscored them all 3 of them and even 2 of them combined. Loser(s). ...after I questioned his ability to distract me effectively their entire team wanted to be friends and join an xbl party. Really?

I did find out that I'm not very fond of repeated FRG hits with my audio system and vibration on.

I think I'm wearing my fart box magnet today. While hate mail doesn't bother me, I seem to have accumulated quite a bundle this morning for some reason...snow and high ranks apparently do strange things to the single digit IQ gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:
iirc FF Aracade has IWHBYD, which causes less frequently said FF voice lines to come up more often...so you'll hear things like Kat's school girl laugh and Buck's "That's why you don't mess with ODST" etc.

Spartan laser elites don't cause me pause as much as 4 of them all shooting me with the sniper rifle at once...I think I was being webbed by spiderman there were so many tracer rounds.

I'm favoring Arcade FF over normal FF. Since it's only 15 minutes, I don't feel the need to leave the game when the other 3 guys either go AFK or quit early on.

I'm especially loving Fistfight. On the downside, simultaneously dodging a Spartan laser and 2 or 3 sniper rounds while trying to get into melee range has got to be the most frustrating thing. On the upside, 4 people taking a Grav Hammer to a Hunter and everything in sight is hilarious to watch.

I'm surprised ppl play FF at all over FFA, there's still a surprisingly good number in the playlist for some reason. I'm guessing they either have no idea it's in grab bag, don't read the updates, or have a fetish for the target locator.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gbpackers94']Yeah. Is there just an option on the menu?[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad, go to to matchmaking and then playlists, then go to community playlists and then choose grifball

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Oh my bad, go to to matchmaking and then playlists, then go to community playlists and then choose grifball[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot for this, I was wondring how to get there, too.

bread's done
Back