Halo Wars - Gen. Discussion & Info

Anyone wanna help me kidnap LinkinPrime? I happened to glance at his gamercard and saw that he's been playing this game. I wants it! :D

Anyone that has the pre-order code for the flame decal Warthog, you are good to input the code now.

I put mine in yesterday and it worked...not sure how to access it yet though :lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone that has the pre-order code for the flame decal Warthog, you are good to input the code now.

I put mine in yesterday and it worked...not sure how to access it yet though :lol:[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered the LE from Amazon...has anyone received their codes yet? Apparently, there's also a Covenant Honor Guard Wraith that you get with the LE or something too, but I'm guessing that comes with the game. I'm actually pretty stoked about the game!

[quote name='Pck21']I pre-ordered the LE from Amazon...has anyone received their codes yet? Apparently, there's also a Covenant Honor Guard Wraith that you get with the LE or something too, but I'm guessing that comes with the game. I'm actually pretty stoked about the game![/quote]
The website said something like we'll get an email with the code within 10 days of the game shipping.

[quote name='YodaEXE']The website said something like we'll get an email with the code within 10 days of the game shipping.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, I just went back and read that. Well whatever, I just want to play the game!

[quote name='YodaEXE']The website said something like we'll get an email with the code within 10 days of the game shipping.[/quote]
Correct.

Pre-order Bonus
Order your copy of Halo Wars and receive a code to download a special in-game Warthog vehicle with flame decals. Limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer valid while supplies last. Codes will be emailed within 10 business days after the release date.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Lol at least it's not a gold Warthog. ^^ I think Best Buy has the special Wraith unit as well.[/quote]

Gold Warthog? You must mean you want a Gold Spartan! Then bling him into a Platinum Warthog with Gold Turret attachment alongside some gold trim on the hog.

'least that's what would happen if EA had their hands in the game.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Um not EA dude, Epic Games. Screw a gold Spartan, I'll take a Stealth Spartan:p[/quote]

...Insta-gib RTS matches?

How long has it been taking for people to receive their flame warthog codes from GS? I ordered my game earlier today. I know it says wait about 2 days, but I was just curious if the average was more or less.

Soooo we weren't doing a midnight launch.. we get a call around 4 or 5 from a higher up telling us to scramble one together.. d'oh

[quote name='thebattlebegins']How many people say that RTSs should stay on PC rather then console?[/quote]
I say put them where ever they are fun.

But do you think a RTS can be fun on a console? In my opinion I don't really think so. How can you successful micro or macro on console?

For those of you who purchased the LE like me from the $67 buy.com deal, I highly highly suggest ebaying the mythic map code. I did and let's just say it made this game significantly cheaper.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh shit! I can't believe it's going for that much...very tempting but I was looking forward to the maps.[/quote]Damn, $40-50? This makes me want to go pick up the LE to sell that code since I want the game anyways. I regret not buying the game from buy.com now. I was hoping to find a better deal, but that turned out pretty good for dastly at least.

I love it...and I'm mainly replaying the same mission over and over to try to get all the stuff...skulls, black box, secondary objectives, gold medal :D. It's a sick game, can't get enough of it.

Also if you don't like online matches you can do skirmish against the AI 1v1, 2v2, 3v3...you can pick race and hero for yourself as well as your team and your opponent(s).

As I've mentioned before, the controls are so intuitive that they become second nature and you'll forget about wanting a mouse and keyboard.

I just finished playing up to the 7th mission and holy shit this game rocks. I'm a big RTS guy and I have all my RTSs on my PC but this works so well on the console. I should have got the LE for the codes, could def use that money since I can't play Halo 3 online. So, I just finished mission six where, without giving anything away, you have to defend against 5 different attacking positions. Wow, let me tell you, I'm on normal and I had a challenging time on that one but it was a lot of fun to play. I came back from having my main base in the red! Spartans hijacking airial units is hilarious, whoop, bang bang now its mine, lol. I hadn't played the demo in a while so I totally forgot a lot of crucuial things like upgrading your fire base to get additional buidling slots. I see a lot of replay value with this game as well since I found one skull and black box but figure there are plenty out there to grab. If you like RTS games, like Halo and have a console you should def get this game.

Tip for finding skulls...you must meet the requirement of the secondary objective "Destroy/Kill X amount of X"...as soon as you complete the last kill, look at your map, there will be a blinking spot but only for a few seconds...this makes the skull appear and once you know where it is you can pick it up at any time during that match.

Oh cool, I didn't notice a blinking spot and the skull I did find was sure enough after I took out the required number of elites. It's also a neat tip, afterwards to check out the objective kill x of x as they give a good description of that unit and sometimes its counter.

I really didn't want to sell my Mythic code but at the price they were going in I had to. Put it at BIN for $50 and it sold within an hour.

I'm really enjoying this game too. I picked it up on a whim today and I'm really glad I did.

The missions are varied and I'd like to play some co-op if anybody is interested.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Any thoughts/opinions?

I'm on the fence[/QUOTE]

I bought this somewhat out of nowhere (was going to wait for a price drop). But as my first full RTS experience, this game is extremely fun. The only time I've ever played an RTS was like Warcraft II, and that was only for like 10 minutes. I'm loving the Halo storyline as well.

Me and my team got owned on 3vs3 online. (My First Match).
I'd recommend this game to anyone, it is extremely fun.

And I dislike RTS games...

Oh man I so wish I could play online, damn you rural area lol, yea the skirmish battles with 3 vs 3 are just intense! I love how when you play with the AI that it tells you where they're going to attack, where they'll expand, what strategy they're going forth with and they support you while you support them. Also did anyone notice the AI difficulty setting set for Automatic which was lower before I won. That means if I keep kicking ass it's going to get really harder until we find a Company of Heroes shit storm feeling to it haha. I also dig all the stats at the end, you can see what units you made (lost), buidlings you created (lost) and even what researching you did. It also tells you if you hit A for details under enemy killed, what individual units you killed, that's the fine details alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']I really didn't want to sell my Mythic code but at the price they were going in I had to. Put it at BIN for $50 and it sold within an hour.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't expect they'd go for that kind of premium or I'd have done the same thing. It's being released at $10 next week right?

[quote name='wubb']Wow, I didn't expect they'd go for that kind of premium or I'd have done the same thing. It's being released at $10 next week right?[/QUOTE]

No not next week, nothing officially announced yet, but they hinted at middle of April I believe. So more like a month, but still, absurd.

[quote name='spree4567']No not next week, nothing officially announced yet, but they hinted at middle of April I believe. So more like a month, but still, absurd.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can see paying a premium if you are a Halo 3 fanatic and the wait is going to be a month+. But, I'm with hockey -- if you are willing to pay $50 just for the maps, go ahead and buy Halo Wars LE.

I played the demo and loved it (I also HATE RTS games... very strange how they are converting people). Bought it today and eBayed my Mythic Map Pack code for $45... too good of a deal to pass up.

bread's done
Back