HAPPY BOttXING DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zewone']I agree some what. I wouldn't call the movie shitty, but I fucking hate Robert Downey JR and Woody Harrelson.[/QUOTE]
I can handle Robert Downey JR but Woody Harrelson is a stupid guy and never fits the roll for his casting. Now I'm going to go watch Little Miss Sunshine and eat something.

[quote name='Eviltude']I can handle Robert Downey JR but Woody Harrelson is a stupid guy and never fits the roll for his casting. Now I'm going to go watch Little Miss Sunshine and eat something.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? He was perfect in Natural Born Killers.

So Im a little upset the Wii doesn't automatically make the VC games into 4:3 when you have it set to widescreen and 480p. Blahhhh

[quote name='seanr1221']So Im a little upset the Wii doesn't automatically make the VC games into 4:3 when you have it set to widescreen and 480p. Blahhhh[/QUOTE]

What does it do? You're not saying it stretches the VC game out are you?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']What are you talking about? He was perfect in Natural Born Killers.[/QUOTE]

And White Men Can't Jump. And Cheers.

[quote name='Trakan']Ryles you still got THP8? I need that dev achievement and we can get the 50/100 wins achievements.[/QUOTE]

whats the easy way to ge the 100 wins achievement?

I've barely played online, just once to get the development achievement.

[quote name='evanft']Did you not read Cheapy's review? Motorstorm is crap.[/QUOTE]

I'm sitting here playing the demo at my friends house and i would have to say it is awsome.

[quote name='wubb']And White Men Can't Jump. And Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Yea I will agree with those as well. I only focused on Natural Born Killers because of his family background.

[quote name='wubb']What does it do? You're not saying it stretches the VC game out are you?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes it does. I have two options. Live with the stretch-ness for VC games and GC games, or manually set my tv to 4:3.

Doesn't seem like a big deal right? Wrong. On my westinghouse monitor, there is no way not to be on widescreen while using component cables. Weak, but I will just get used to stretched out images.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes, yes it does. I have two options. Live with the stretch-ness for VC games and GC games, or manually set my tv to 4:3.

Doesn't seem like a big deal right? Wrong. On my westinghouse monitor, there is no way not to be on widescreen while using component cables. Weak, but I will just get used to stretched out images.[/quote]
That blows that it won't black-bar it to make it 4:3 on your monitor.

[quote name='shrike4242']That blows that it won't black-bar it to make it 4:3 on your monitor.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try it out in a bit and see how it looks.

Maybe I will even take pics :bouncy:

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes, yes it does. I have two options. Live with the stretch-ness for VC games and GC games, or manually set my tv to 4:3.

Doesn't seem like a big deal right? Wrong. On my westinghouse monitor, there is no way not to be on widescreen while using component cables. Weak, but I will just get used to stretched out images.[/QUOTE]

Actually that does sound like a big deal to me.

Yea you would think the system would say, "Ok, this game isn't widescreen, keep the image 4:3 and fill the sides with black.

Oh well, atleast Zelda looks great.

[quote name='zewone']I think black bars are worse than having to deal with a slight stretch distortion.[/QUOTE]

Where it annoys me the most is on circles. However, I know at school the majority likes the image stretched as opposed to black bars, so I will be outnumbered once I start using the monitor full time.

I had a good shopping day. Found two tan and one green pair of jeans. Got some sport shorts for $2.50. A sweatshirt for $10. A brethable sport shirt, sorta like underarmor, for $10 and a nice long sleeve shirt for winter and spring.

Didn't find any couponm books at CC so I guess I'll have to pick up some glossy paper at staples and print the coupons from online.

Also I noticed Metal Slug for the Wii was out everywhere. I thought it wasn't out for a couple more weeks.

[quote name='zewone']I think black bars are worse than having to deal with a slight stretch distortion.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the level of distortion. We'll have to see it before we know.

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm sitting here playing the demo at my friends house and i would have to say it is awsome.[/quote]

If it's the same demo I'd play, I'd lean toward the opposite of awesome.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I had a good shopping day. Found two tan and one green pair of jeans. Got some sport shorts for $2.50. A sweatshirt for $10. A brethable sport shirt, sorta like underarmor, for $10 and a nice long sleeve shirt for winter and spring.

Didn't find any couponm books at CC so I guess I'll have to pick up some glossy paper at staples and print the coupons from online.

Also I noticed Metal Slug for the Wii was out everywhere. I thought it wasn't out for a couple more weeks.[/QUOTE]
Green Jeans? Ok Joe dirt.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']If it's the same demo I'd play, I'd lean toward the opposite of awesome.[/QUOTE]

I can not think of one bad thing about the demo. Good graphics, good controls, fun to play, fast paced, exciting, good level design. I'm playing on a standard TV too so I imagine this game would look even better at my house on my LCD.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Didn't find any couponm books at CC so I guess I'll have to pick up some glossy paper at staples and print the coupons from online.[/QUOTE]

Coupon books? Are the details on one of the deal threads here?

The OTT is dying.

I leave, go to the DMV, go to wal-mart, (didn't buy a ps3 though) go to an embrodery shop to get names and numbers put onto my basketball teams jerseys for when league starts next week, and there has been one post in the OTT.

[quote name='mr ryles']I can not think of one bad thing about the demo. Good graphics, good controls, fun to play, fast paced, exciting, good level design. I'm playing on a standard TV too so I imagine this game would look even better at my house on my LCD.[/quote]

They had it on a nice LCD at CC, but only running via composite. I was totally disappointed with the demo -- controls seemed cludgy, graphics weren't as good as many 360 games (same with the NBA game they had available to demo) and it was unbelievably boring.

Eh. To each their own. Personally, I'd be satisfied with a 360 at some point, but maybe that's just me.

[quote name='mr ryles']The OTT is dying.

I leave, go to the DMV, go to wal-mart, (didn't buy a ps3 though) go to an embrodery shop to get names and numbers put onto my basketball teams jerseys for when league starts next week, and there has been one post in the OTT.[/quote]

CAG was down that whole time.

Ok update on the lcd monitor, wii component thing.

It really doesnt look all that bad on the monitor, dare I say it looks good? I noticed on Castlevania IV it didn't fill the whole screen, but at the same time wasn't 4:3. I think this is because the monitor is 16:10, not 16:9.

Also, I noticed a lot of jags in zelda, but that may be because I was sitting one foot from the screen.

[quote name='Demolition Man']No. It was because I was gone. :lol:[/quote]
See, I was looking for a villain. If you want to take the blame, so be it...

[quote name='Hex']More blizzards. FUKKEN YAY.

:([/quote]
Didn't you complain about how you wanted snow? ;)

I said fuck the chrome. Its all black now. The parts look fucking tits. I'll up some shitty pics once I get it together.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Didn't you complain about how you wanted snow? ;)[/quote]

No! Especially not after last week. :cry:

How do you go about getting the factory faceplate off the 360? Do you just pull it off or is there a release button or something. I have GoW faceplate to put on but every time I try to take the original off it feels like its gonna snap.

[quote name='Hex']No! Especially not after last week. :cry:[/quote]

I could've sworn you were the one doing the snow-dance and praising the overcast skies... guess the first blizzard changed your perspective? :D

[quote name='shrike4242']It's in their PM policy that they'll PM within the return period of the item, which is 30 days for videogames.

Take the print ad and the receipt to the CS counter, and they should give you back $11 ($10 difference + 10%) + tax back. Their PM policy says that they need to check with the Target store to see if it's in stock, though some places call and others don't. If they do call and Target doesn't have it in stock, they can deny your PM for the item not being in stock.[/quote]
It worked like a charm. The dude at the customer service counter didnt check to see if Target had any LOZ: TPs in stock and he didnt seem to even care that I had a Target flyer. He just took my word for it and price matched it for me. Thanks for saving me some time and money Shrike
icon14.gif

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I could've sworn you were the one doing the snow-dance and praising the overcast skies... guess the first blizzard changed your perspective? :D[/quote]

Overcast skies =/= blizzards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back