Happy Moderator Retirement to CAG Hero, Shrike4242!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
After a very long and incredibly successful run, Shrike4242 has decided to retire from the position of CAG Moderator. As we all know, Shrike has put an amazing amount of time, energy, and care into his Moderating duties, so it should not be suprising that he is ready to move on.

Shrike had contemplated retirement before, but I was able to successfully change his mind. This time, I could tell this was the right choice for him, so I didn't not push him (too hard ;) ). I completely understand and respect his decision.

It will be impossible to fill Shrike's shoes, but of course we will have to move forward the best we can. The good news is that Shrike will not be leaving CAG, only his mod duties will be left behind.

Let us use this opportunity to congratulate Shrike on his amazing tour of duty, remember some of his greatest moments (like the TMACDaddy incident, and his Cheapy Award for CAG Hero), and thank him for his tremendous service to the CAG community (and to me personally).

I wish Shrike the best of luck and happiness now that the burden of Modship has been lifted.

Thank you so much, Shrike! :applause:

Look at the bright side: Now you have even more time for better things, like...

1. Drinking.

2. Gaming.

3. Drinking and gaming at the same time. (Might I suggest drunken CAG Uno...it's a riot.)

4. Sexing the wife.

Now of course, they don't have to be done in that order, but you get the idea. :applause:

Enjoy not being a mod anymore shrike. I have to say I was getting used to seeing you and Strell in almost every thread. :lol:

I don't know what Strell's excuse is. \\:D/

Internet fraudsters around the world just let out a sigh of relief. Your efforts in the trading forum were always extremely admirable.

Thanks for your hard work!

Thanks for keeping the trading community in line. We'll try to keep the newbies straight without ya.

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication.

Remember the infamy, kids.

Remember the infamy.

Sir, thank you for the splendid run.

I guess you only have so many fingers, toes, ears, a nose, and one other spectacular appendage with which to plug the holes in the dam. Granted, yours accounted for many times their number, such that the mighty hands alone quieted literal patchworks with ease and dignified resolve.

Salute.

cag is spelled s.h... actually its spelled c.a.g. but shrike you made it a safe and enjoyable place to visit on the massive interwebz.. thanks for it all.

Thanks for being such an awesome mod for CAG, Shrike! :applause: It won't be the same without you being a mod. Though, I hope you can enjoy the site a little more now!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

My hat's off to you Shrike! You were one of the good ones and we will sorely miss you as mod. There are still classic CAGs about that wouldn't mind a modship ;) ....just kidding....but seriously if Cheapy needs a few there's WSB, Moxio, me, Scorch, etc.

But I don't want to take away from Shrike's achievements. He was one of the best. Shrike was equal to 2 or 3 mods.

I salute you Shrike!

Many thanks, Shrike! No matter what, it was always obvious how seriously you took your duties here. Amazing work, and even if it doesn't always seem like it, most of us really appreciate the effort you put into modding here.

Enjoy the well-deserved retirement, sir...

Thanks shirke for keeping the trading forums in line and to qwell those fraudulent fools that try to scam here. thanks for everything good sir, sad to see you hang up the boots =(

Wow. CAG's Mod Team is losing a tremendous asset.

Shrike, I congratulate you and wish you a great time here with much less stress and responsibilities. And thank you for all the help you've given me and everyone else here as an official.

But don't think you're off the hook, Mister. I'm not about to stop annoying you with my stoopid questions. They'll just be about less important crap.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Thank you Shrike, you sir, definitely rule. Only bad thing is that now w/ the sheriff out, CAG will become an unlawful wasteland, spewing w/ evil! Have fun!

/end guilt trip

:D

Wow, I didn't think you were that old yet. ;)

Guess I will have to double and triple my efforts to keep the trading forum in line. Enjoy the extra time!!!!

Maybe CheapyD will respond to my two PMs I sent about applying for a modship... but I doubt it. I read somewhere in a book that webmasters hate it when you apply unsolicited for a position on their site.
At any rate, this thread is about Shrike and he was always there to help me out on multiple occasions... and I represent only a tiny percentage of the active CAG community. I can only imagine how much work he went through.

Thanks, shrike.

Your mod powers will definitely be missed - it seems like you're always on the site, despite having a job and a wife and things like that to worry about. You took care of things quickly, and it was much appreciated. :)

Thanks for all the work Shrike! Glad to hear you will still stick around as a regular, but iirc you put in mod type work before you were a mod! So take it easy bro :D

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

You've been a great help to me personally on many occasions and I thank you for it. You've set a standard for the next mod that very well may be unattainable. All your efforts are very much apreciated. Thank you.

Nice job, Shrek.

All joking aside, I know we've never really agreed 100% on some issues, but you're awesome to do deals with, and you're forever my hero for sending me the Baraka MK:Deception SE tin card. I've still yet to run across it. Any time you need something, never hesitate to PM me.

Everyone better man up in the trading forums, cuz things wont be the same without Shrike.

Thank you Shrike for everything. I don't think there will be a moderator big enough to fill up you shoes. Ever.

Thanks Shrike for the fantastic job you put in here on the forums.

I had some great trades with you too.

You will be missed (as a mod). Hopefully, you still keep active here on the boards!

Thanks so much Shrike for all your hard work! You really helped the trading community stay up on its feet! Whenever there was an issue or problem, you where the one to call. You made the trading community a good fun and most of the time a safe place to trade. You've done an excellent job and I really appreciate it! :)

I know I personally don't do 1/10 the work shrike did for CAG as a mod.

Glad you decided to just ditch the mod status and stay posting! (I hope!)

Oh, it's on like neckbone now! Time to extract vengeance for all my closed topics and deleted posts! And, I assure you, I have each event cataloged, and it shall be handed back tenfold upon your home!

Of course, I kid. Thanks for doing the dirty work that everyone wants to volunteer for, but nobody actually could perform as well as you.

We *could* all chip in and buy Shrike a shuffleboard set, y'know. :lol:

bread's done
Back