Harry Potter 1-8 region free for $47 shipped (Amazon UK)

[quote name='ssjmichael']You don't have to notify your bank of anything, if they charge a fee they'll do it automatically[/QUOTE]

You don't have to pay a currency conversion fee for Amazon. They automatically know your currency and charge you in that currency.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You don't have to pay a currency conversion fee for Amazon. They automatically know your currency and charge you in that currency.[/QUOTE]

Not for me they haven't

Usually they offer me an option of being billed in US currency when I place an order, but for some reason they didn't this time. Weird.

[quote name='arcane93']Usually they offer me an option of being billed in US currency when I place an order, but for some reason they didn't this time. Weird.[/QUOTE]

That only works for in-stock items, not pre-orders.

[quote name='vessey632']That only works for in-stock items, not pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Hm... I've had it happen on pre-orders before, but those might not have been quite as far in advance as this one.

So, dumb question... Do we know for certian that all of the special features on those extra discs are in HD (and not in 50Hz) or in NTSC? Because if they're 50Hz or PAL, region-free isn't going to help.

Hmmm...I jumped on this instead of the U.S. Amazon DotD. Signed in with normal US email and it signed me in just fine but when u checked out the price changed to 26.92 gbp. I just got the confirmation email and sure enough total with shipping is an even 30 gbp.

[quote name='ponn01']Hmmm...I jumped on this instead of the U.S. Amazon DotD. Signed in with normal US email and it signed me in just fine but when u checked out the price changed to 26.92 gbp. I just got the confirmation email and sure enough total with shipping is an even 30 gbp.[/QUOTE]

yap its should be 30gbp.

Thanks OP! I'm pretty indifferent on the HP movies, but my girlfriend loves them so this will make a stellar present. :)

Fantastic. I still have my "suitcase" HD DVD collection but had to pull the trigger on getting all the Blus all at once at this price. Thanks, OP (and for the bump, heh).

Waiting for the inevitable like 18-20 disc complete version with all the extras that the "ultimate" editions have.

But if you don't care about that stuff this is a f'n steal.

[quote name='styl3s']Waiting for the inevitable like 18-20 disc complete version with all the extras that the "ultimate" editions have.

But if you don't care about that stuff this is a f'n steal.[/QUOTE]

I would like to have the extended versions of the movies, but since they only did that for the first two, I think I'm just not going to worry about it. Beyond that, I'd probably never watch most of the extras anyway.

Any idea what kind of case this will be? Gonna get it for my wife for x-mas anyway and she won't care about the package or the extras so it's a sweet as heel deal for me but i was just curious. I almost bought all the movies on Blu for $13 each at Target last week, great thing I waited.

I went ahead and pre-ordered as well. Was planning on slowly buying all Ultimate Editions of the film, but figuring that probably would wind up costing over $200 vs $50 for this set I decided it wasn't worth it. Thanks OP

[quote name='arcane93']Hm... I've had it happen on pre-orders before, but those might not have been quite as far in advance as this one.

So, dumb question... Do we know for certian that all of the special features on those extra discs are in HD (and not in 50Hz) or in NTSC? Because if they're 50Hz or PAL, region-free isn't going to help.[/QUOTE]

Great question, I was wondering the same thing. Going to look into that before I place any orders.

[quote name='wankerness']Great question, I was wondering the same thing. Going to look into that before I place any orders.[/QUOTE]

Well, one thing worth noting is that with Amazon, it's very easy to cancel an order right up until the item ships. So I went ahead and placed my order now to make sure that I had the price locked in, though I'll be keeping an eye out for info between now and then to decide whether to keep the order or not.

[quote name='megamanx']Is there any way to pay with my giftcard balance from my amazon.com account.[/QUOTE]

No, gift card balances from amazon.com cannot be used on amazon.co.uk.

[quote name='arcane93']No, gift card balances from amazon.com cannot be used on amazon.co.uk.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

this will probably sound stupid but I think it's actually kind of cool buying this set means the first movie is tagged "Philosopher's Stone"

[quote name='DestroVega']this will probably sound stupid but I think it's actually kind of cool buying this set means the first movie is tagged "Philosopher's Stone"[/QUOTE]

They say "Philosopher's Stone" instead of "Sorcerer's Stone" whenever it is mentioned in the movie too.

[quote name='life.exe']They say "Philosopher's Stone" instead of "Sorcerer's Stone" whenever it is mentioned in the movie too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the title on box and to start the movie doesn't

Actually thinking of canceling my pre-order. The package looks to be about double the size of the US package, and I think I might be able to get it cheaper than the current $80 pricetag. Space is an issue on my movie shelf.

[quote name='DestroVega']Yeah but the title on box and to start the movie doesn't[/QUOTE]

It does say Philosopher's stone on the box

[quote name='styl3s']Waiting for the inevitable like 18-20 disc complete version with all the extras that the "ultimate" editions have.

But if you don't care about that stuff this is a f'n steal.[/QUOTE]

I'm really want to wait for the ultimate collection too but I'm tempted by this set for ~$47. I'm thinking if I do decide to get this set I could sell it when the ultimate collection comes out and probably break even on it.

Head ups for anyone buying this. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon.uk last year around this time and didn't get anything til the end of January. Pretty much everything took 40+ days plus to arrive.

Normally you get stuff in 3-4 weeks from them.

I know last year they had all types of security alerts from packages coming in to the U.S by plane. So basically everything was coming in by boat. Probably be the same way this year.

[quote name='Hostile']Awesome price but I have to have the extended versions of every movie.[/QUOTE]

Is there even an extended version of every movie?

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Nope. They only did extended editions of the first two films.[/QUOTE]
Why would you want to have to endure more of the first two films? ;)

[quote name='sethrhf']Head ups for anyone buying this. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon.uk last year around this time and didn't get anything til the end of January. Pretty much everything took 40+ days plus to arrive.

Normally you get stuff in 3-4 weeks from them.

I know last year they had all types of security alerts from packages coming in to the U.S by plane. So basically everything was coming in by boat. Probably be the same way this year.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh really? May cancel then. I wanted to give this to someone for Christmas.

Hmm, there has to be some way to bypass the Region 2 protection of the DVD extras. Otherwise, they should make for nice coasters.

[quote name='mac101010']Hmm, there has to be some way to bypass the Region 2 protection of the DVD extras. Otherwise, they should make for nice coasters.[/QUOTE]

Not sure where people are getting that the extras are on DVD for this? Since this is basically a repackage of the discs from the individual releases, and the extras are on BD for those, it really wouldn't make sense for them to be on DVD here. I expect all 11 discs to be blu-ray.

[quote name='arcane93']Not sure where people are getting that the extras are on DVD for this? Since this is basically a repackage of the discs from the individual releases, and the extras are on BD for those, it really wouldn't make sense for them to be on DVD here. I expect all 11 discs to be blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

On the store's page, it mentions DVD on top of the extras, so maybe those are on DVD. It doesn't make sense to me either, so I hope it's just a typo.

I think we will be fine. The description of the entire set reads

• Region: All Regions
  • Number of discs: 11
  • Classification: 12
  • Studio: Warner Home Video
  • DVD Release Date: 2 Dec 2011
I have seen Blu rays called Blu Ray DVds many times so I am expecting everything in the box to be Blu Ray.

My card just got charged so I guess I will see soon

i wonder if i can speak to a representative to request my item to be shipped by royal mail instead of DHL Global.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I got my shipping notice today. It said it was being shipped by royal mail.[/QUOTE]

Same here - I've got an expected delivery date of Dec 21st. Not too worried that's still before Christmas.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Same here - I've got an expected delivery date of Dec 21st. Not too worried that's still before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

same. my delivery is the same exact date.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Same here - I've got an expected delivery date of Dec 21st. Not too worried that's still before Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, to my experience, most things from Amazon UK come well before the "expected delivery date" -- they allow a couple weeks of extra time just in case overseas shipment takes longer. Usually my Amazon UK orders come within a week or so of when they were shipped. That being said, there was the Alien Anthology debacle of last year, where it took several months for it to arrive. Hopefully that was a one-off issue and it won't happen again this year. That being said, meh, I'm not really in a hurry, it will take as long as it takes. As long as I get it eventually...

bread's done
Back