Harry Potter 1-8 region free for $47 shipped (Amazon UK)

mine shipped via DHL Global, :cry: looks like no Harry potter marathon this xmas. I cant believe they are still using that company after the Alien Anthology Disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coopx']mine shipped via DHL Global, :cry: looks like no Harry potter marathon this xmas. I cant believe they are still using that company after the Alien Anthology Disaster.[/QUOTE]
Ouch, looks like you are the only one so far that got DHL. Mine shipped via Royal Mail with a Dec. 20th delivery date.

Mine is shipping via DHL Global as well. I have an estimated delivery date of December 15. Something tells me this will still arrive before my Sons of Anarchy from Best Buy though.

Mine's coming via Royal Mail with an eta of Dec. 21st. I'm not expecting it until next year, though.

Amazon sent me an update to an order I placed this morning, saying that an order I had placed, originally due between Dec. 12 and Dec. 15, will arrive around Dec. 5th. I received it today. So who knows! Maybe I'll actually get the HP set before Christmas.

So Royal Mail is showing a later ETA and people are bitching about DHL already? Let's not get our panties in a bunch with assumptions just yet folks......

Royal Mail for the...well, not sure if its a win or loss yet. I ordered something used from a UK seller sometime ago and still haven't received it via Royal Mail.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']What's the difference between Royal Mail and DHL and what's with the Royal Mail you guys speaking of?[/QUOTE]

Royal Mail is the UK's post office, while DHL is a global shipping service. You'll hear anecdotal information on which is better/worse when it comes to shipping from the UK to the US. With DHL you can at least track your packages. Someone else may have better info for you!

I don't know why everyone is expecting an earlier date. Hell, even stuff from Amazon.com that are shipped via FSSS often have an estimated date that's like 7-10 days after it's shipped. Expecting an ETA that's earlier than that when it's coming from the UK, especially during this heightened security holiday time is just ridiculous.

Mine is Royal Mail with an ETA of Dec 21. Hopefully it gets here on time since it's a gift for my sister. But if not, her birthday is in January.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Nice, it doesn't look that big considering it's an 11 disc set. It definitely doesn't look like it's double the size of the US as someone said on a previous page. The two are pretty comparable in size.

Here's an unboxing for the LE set, looks really nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Fm9j1_oxc[/QUOTE]

I was the one who thought it looked double the size, width wise, and it definitely is having seen the four boxes in the case and seeing the US version in best buy. The cases are nice though, I was expecting something like the UK Planet Earth box. This is a lot better.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Nice, it doesn't look that big considering it's an 11 disc set. It definitely doesn't look like it's double the size of the US as someone said on a previous page. The two are pretty comparable in size.

Here's an unboxing for the LE set, looks really nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Fm9j1_oxc[/QUOTE]

If the LE wasn't double the price I would have loved to pick that up.

People over at bluray.com are reporting that they have already received their shipment. So everyone that is expecting it in a couple weeks might be in for a surprise.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']People over at bluray.com are reporting that they have already received their shipment. So everyone that is expecting it in a couple weeks might be in for a surprise.[/QUOTE]

Just recieved mine in the mail. Its looks the same as in the video above. My expected delivery date was 12/20. SCHAWEET.

[quote name='adamthered']Mine arrived yesterday. Nice looking set.[/QUOTE]

did your item shipped via royal mail?

I received mine today by Royal Mail. I think my credit card company charged an extra $3 or something as a conversion fee.

11 quality blu-ray discs for $50 still ain't bad. ***Okay, the first 2 blu-rays in the set are debatable, but still a good deal :) ***

I can't believe you guys are already getting them! I'm not expecting mine for another two weeks!

To the people getting it now.. when did your delivery estimate say?

Just noticed BigSick said his eta was Dec. 21st.. mine was too. Hopefully mine comes today!

Can anyone who already got theirs confirm the movie and special features both work fine on a US PS3. I've read various places that they "should" work fine, but just looking for confirmation.

The blu rays work fine, but the DVD's (if you got the other collector's set) don't play in a US PS3 since they're region locked.

[quote name='Scorch']I can't believe you guys are already getting them! I'm not expecting mine for another two weeks!

To the people getting it now.. when did your delivery estimate say?

Just noticed BigSick said his eta was Dec. 21st.. mine was too. Hopefully mine comes today![/QUOTE]

If they shipped it via Royal Mail expect to have it before the Estimate date. If its DHL expect it a little longer + (cross finger)

[quote name='mdvayne1982']Estimated delivery was Dec 21st through Royal Mail, showed up this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Same for me! Awesome! After Alien and this I'm going to be buying from Amazon.co.uk more often!

Got mine today too (Royal Mail). Although they did just stuff it in my mailbox, it was half hanging out and it was raining all day. Lucky for them the water didn't go all the way through the cardboard or I would have been pissed.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Has anyone gotten theirs from DHL yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope I haven't received mine yet. According to the tracker on Amazon UK it's:
2 Dec 2011 06:07:22 PM Croydon Departure Scan

[quote name='LordVila']Nope I haven't received mine yet. According to the tracker on Amazon UK it's:
2 Dec 2011 06:07:22 PM Croydon Departure Scan[/QUOTE]

My tracker has the same Date and City listed as the latest information.

I got a shipping confirmation, Deutsche Post DHL are shipping my package. The Est. time is december 20th. Idk if I can trust them to deliver this before christmas:whistle2:k

bread's done
Back