Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
JUST GO HERE FOR DEALS NOW: Credit over at DVDtalk.com
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=482461

Please feel free to post any HD-DVD / BD deals in this thread.

- Family Video Store for $5 off first time orders at http://www.familyvideo.com
This coupon is good for $5 off $5 and it's only .99 cents shipping for any size order.
Coupon code: NEWMEM96
Batman Begins HD-DVD ~ $17 shipped

- Google Checkout at BUY.com / CDUniverse.com / Bestprices.com have good deals (EXP 10/31)

- Amazon seems to have competitive prices on some also. 10 % off DEAL (order 3 and get 10% off and get 10% off for a year)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/102-4264254-3012160?ie=UTF8&nodeId=160066011

HD-DVD/Blu-Ray REVIEWS:
www.dvdtalk.com
www.highdefdigest.com

They need to add more titles to the damn WB site for the next batch of codes. I love them so.

Now if only FOX would jump ship to HD...

[quote name='Deadpool']They need to add more titles to the damn WB site for the next batch of codes. I love them so.

Now if only FOX would jump ship to HD...[/QUOTE]

They just added Blood Diamond, but it currently gives an error if you try to add it to the cart.

[quote name='gizmogc']As well as HD DVD deals :roll:[/QUOTE]
All I did was post a link I got from High Def Digest's forums, it said sales on Blu Ray, I didnt look at the link

[quote name='pinoy530']They just added Blood Diamond, but it currently gives an error if you try to add it to the cart.[/QUOTE]

Which is one of the movies i was looking to grab.

I bought the Planet Earth HDDVD set from WB site which came out today. Any idea how long it will take them to ship it my way?
edit: I ordered it a few weeks ago.

[quote name='Machikunas']I bought the Planet Earth HDDVD set from WB site which came out today. Any idea how long it will take them to ship it my way?
edit: I ordered it a few weeks ago.[/quote]

I was wondering the same. I tried to look and see the status of my order from Warner Bros, but I don't think I can cuz I didn't sign up for that mycheckout.com (?) site. I probably should have signed up :(

I checked mycheckout.com today and it showed my order for Planet Earth was processing. I expected to have it on release day. I am dissappointed with this service.

I didn't know you could order with out signing up for my checkout. But with the mycheckout you can get the tracking number.

[quote name='afroabdul']I checked mycheckout.com today and it showed my order for Planet Earth was processing. I expected to have it on release day. I am dissappointed with this service.[/QUOTE]

Cag lesson #1: Its no big deal to wait a few extra days when you are getting a great price.

Just got an email from Warner. The Planet Earth HD-DVDs are back ordered and they expect to ship them in 30 days. Anyone else get this email? Dissappointed. Hope this doesn't happen with my Matrix HD-DVD pre-order.

[quote name='afroabdul']Just got an email from Warner. The Planet Earth HD-DVDs are back ordered and they expect to ship them in 30 days. Anyone else get this email? Dissappointed. Hope this doesn't happen with my Matrix HD-DVD pre-order.[/quote]

Well that sucks, when did you place your order?

[quote name='shadowrage']I didn't know you could order with out signing up for my checkout. But with the mycheckout you can get the tracking number.[/quote]

Yeah, I ordered Planet Earth and Matrix Trilogy (both HD DVD) from them and didn't sign up for that mycheckout crap. Now I'm guessing I should have. Unless I call them, I have no idea what's going on with my order (I guess until I get any emails from them about my order). I find that kind of strange. Other websites I've ordered from have an option to make an account with them, but I rarely do so, but I can still check my order status regardless.

I was hoping they would have shipped Planet Earth so we all get it Tuesday. Guess not.

[quote name='chicagoz']Yeah, I ordered Planet Earth and Matrix Trilogy (both HD DVD) from them and didn't sign up for that mycheckout crap. Now I'm guessing I should have. Unless I call them, I have no idea what's going on with my order (I guess until I get any emails from them about my order). I find that kind of strange. Other websites I've ordered from have an option to make an account with them, but I rarely do so, but I can still check my order status regardless.

I was hoping they would have shipped Planet Earth so we all get it Tuesday. Guess not.[/QUOTE]

I didn't sign up for it either. But I went to www.myexpresscheckout.com and signed up them with the same email I used to order and my orders were in there.

I got the email too.

People on other forums have called to complain and were told they just got another shipment in today, so some people that got those emails will just be a couple days late. But probably not all.

I just got the Planet Earth HD-DVD set backorder email as well. I'm kind of pissed, but probably just because I was so damned excited about this set. Are there any other comparable deals on the set right now? I might actually cancel this order and get it somewhere else if the price is close enough. I'm just too anxious.

Well, it's $66.87 at wal-mart.com. I'll see if I can find one in-store tomorrow. If I can I'll just pick it up and either cancel my WB order or return my WB order to wal-mart when it comes. I just can't wait any longer.

[quote name='Slackerchan']The best deal I could find on Deja Vu was Target which had it for $24.99. Better than dropping by BB or Walmart, which had it for #34.99.[/QUOTE]
Its $21 shipped with google checkout on buy.com

You can only use Google Check Out so many times before they catch you abusing the $10 off promotion... I know because I pressed my luck too far during the Criterion sale. :)

HDDVDWorld.com Trip Report #3

I just got my third package in and I was really surprised not to see Planet Earth in the box along with Eternal Sunshine.

Really pissed off doesn't even beginning to describe me right now. The package was postmarked the 24th (even though MovieMinded told me multiple time preorders are mailed on the Saturday before release) and there's no sign of Planet Earth despite me preordering back in March (MovieMinded said multiple times they had plenty to fill all of the preorders).

I'm really anxious to see what MovieMinded's response is going to be about all of this.

I picked up HD copies of Batman and Jet Li's Fearless at a local shop used for pretty cheap. Batman was $13 and Fearless was $10. They had a copy of The Departed for $13 as well, and I thought about getting it, but it was one of the cases with the tab on it to close it, and the people working there generally just break the tabs off (which drives me insane...I don't like them either, but if they're there, I don't break them off) and I couldn't find another case that was not broken to switch the art out on so I could have a good case, so I skipped on it...if it's still there, I may try to get it later.

I know this is extreme YMMV however I was just at my local good will dropping off some old clothes and came by 2 hd-dvd's sealed marked down to $3.50! I'm sure they fell off the truck and someone termed them in but who cares?

[quote name='DomLando']That store reliable?[/QUOTE]

OT: Glad to see so many NY Mets fans as CAGs. Mets fan since the 80s here.

Anyhow, I would like to know this also. Is this MJ retailer any good?

[quote name='bobomallone']I know this is extreme YMMV however I was just at my local good will dropping off some old clothes and came by 2 hd-dvd's sealed marked down to $3.50! I'm sure they fell off the truck and someone termed them in but who cares?[/QUOTE]

Very nice! What movies did you get?

Well, I tried ordering Rocky Balboa through them. They took the order, did everything including send me a "shipped" notice... then put the order on hold, then cancelled it. So I dunno what MJ is doing, but I'm confuse-ed.

[quote name='merkman']Well, I tried ordering Rocky Balboa through them. They took the order, did everything including send me a "shipped" notice... then put the order on hold, then cancelled it. So I dunno what MJ is doing, but I'm confuse-ed.[/quote]Probably booking a first class flight to Tahiti with 5-star accomodations using your card this very moment. ;)

I have both hd-dvd and blu-ray and I refuse to buy either... i'll just rent for a while from netflix till the price comes down.

Am i the only one doing this?

[quote name='bo0']I have both hd-dvd and blu-ray and I refuse to buy either... i'll just rent for a while from netflix till the price comes down.

Am i the only one doing this?[/QUOTE]

I'm only buying movies that I really want for my collection (ie, I'm sure I'll watch again), although I have bought a few movies that were really cheap that aren't favorites. I have 19 HD DVDs (including the Mission Impossible Collection, so a total of 21 HD DVD movies), and 11 Blu-ray movies currently.

Netflix has been great, as my queue is almost all HD movies. I check eBay, Amazon, etc. from time to time to see if any of the movies I want to buy are available for a good price.

[quote name='bo0']I have both hd-dvd and blu-ray and I refuse to buy either... i'll just rent for a while from netflix till the price comes down.

Am i the only one doing this?[/QUOTE]
Why don't you just use Google Checkout at Buy.com? They will end up being about the same price as a regular DVD.

[quote name='Gamblor']Why don't you just use Google Checkout at Buy.com? They will end up being about the same price as a regular DVD.[/quote]Well, I can understand why YOU might say that Gamblor, but it's too much of a gamble for me to use GC very often, since technically it's supposed to be once per credit card. I only do it when it's super good, such as the Serenity HD-DVD for $7.50.

And I was trying to work in a "neon claws have enslaved your mother" quote there, but I just couldn't find an opening. But I really love that quote and quote it all the time.

Wow...definately not purchasing from HDDVDworld.com again...I emailed them multiple times since the beginning of April to cancel my Matrix Trilogy order and after my 3rd email, they replied back on April 24th and stated that they would cancel it. I paid with PayPal so the amount was taken off automatically even though its a pre-order. Well, today I look at my PayPal acct, no refund received yet...I look at my CC statement online to see if it showed up bypassing PayPal...nothing.

With this kind of customer service, I would encourage everyone to skip out on purchasing anything from HDDVDWorld.com

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Well, I can understand why YOU might say that Gamblor, but it's too much of a gamble for me to use GC very often, since technically it's supposed to be once per credit card. I only do it when it's super good, such as the Serenity HD-DVD for $7.50.

And I was trying to work in a "neon claws have enslaved your mother" quote there, but I just couldn't find an opening. But I really love that quote and quote it all the time.[/QUOTE]

I've used it about 7 or 8 times with the same card. Just make a different Gmail account each time, which takes about 1 minute.

haha, nobody even knows what the name is from anymore. People just think I gamble alot :p Simpsons people!

[quote name='Gamblor']I've used it about 7 or 8 times with the same card. Just make a different Gmail account each time, which takes about 1 minute.

haha, nobody even knows what the name is from anymore. People just think I gamble alot :p Simpsons people![/quote]I've (obviously) created a new gmail account each time as that's the only way to get it, and I know it takes a while before they crack down (I think I've actually only read of one instance from someone on this board?), but I figure I should pace myself so my 7 or 8 times are for things that are really worth it. And this way I don't drop $10 here and $5 there 'till I'm broke. Although I think I'm going to get Venture Bros season 2 from Buy.com with GCO cause it's just a dang good price.

And I know lots of Simpsons quotes, mostly Seasons 3-7. Another great quote from that same episode:

"And then Lisa cried... and I cried... and Maggie laughed... she's such a little trooper!"

Oh and the Howard Hughes Spruce Moose... arh I should go watch that right now!

"I said GET IN."

[quote name='Sporadic']HDDVDWorld.com Trip Report #3

I just got my third package in and I was really surprised not to see Planet Earth in the box along with Eternal Sunshine.

Really pissed off doesn't even beginning to describe me right now. The package was postmarked the 24th (even though MovieMinded told me multiple time preorders are mailed on the Saturday before release) and there's no sign of Planet Earth despite me preordering back in March (MovieMinded said multiple times they had plenty to fill all of the preorders).

I'm really anxious to see what MovieMinded's response is going to be about all of this.[/QUOTE]

He's getting slammed over at the highdefdigest.com forums. I'd advise people not to buy from him til it all gets settled. Of course I have two orders pending for 3 movies (Slither, Feast, The Hitcher) when all of a sudden all his orders aren't showing up

The simpsons isn't funny anymore. You can sit through an episode without laughing once. It's pathetic.

Where are the BD/HD deals?

[quote name='rsigley']He's getting slammed over at the highdefdigest.com forums. I'd advise people not to buy from him til it all gets settled. Of course I have two orders pending for 3 movies (Slither, Feast, The Hitcher) when all of a sudden all his orders aren't showing up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been handling it so far through PM. If the situation doesn't fix itself pretty soon, I'm diving head first into his thread.

I have been nothing but patience with him.

Planet Earth is still MIA (he said he contacted the USPS) and he refunded me (2 days later then he said he would) when I asked if he would just cancel the rest of my preorders.

He tried to upgrade me to "express shipping" but this shit is ridiculous and I'm just really sick of dealing with his lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back