Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
JUST GO HERE FOR DEALS NOW: Credit over at DVDtalk.com
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=482461

Please feel free to post any HD-DVD / BD deals in this thread.

- Family Video Store for $5 off first time orders at http://www.familyvideo.com
This coupon is good for $5 off $5 and it's only .99 cents shipping for any size order.
Coupon code: NEWMEM96
Batman Begins HD-DVD ~ $17 shipped

- Google Checkout at BUY.com / CDUniverse.com / Bestprices.com have good deals (EXP 10/31)

- Amazon seems to have competitive prices on some also. 10 % off DEAL (order 3 and get 10% off and get 10% off for a year)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/102-4264254-3012160?ie=UTF8&nodeId=160066011

HD-DVD/Blu-Ray REVIEWS:
www.dvdtalk.com
www.highdefdigest.com

^^

Shoot, I'm goin down there right now after I stop by the Bank.

It just so happens we got our paychecks a day early, which occurs once every 6 months :p

I just looked online and it seems some of these BluRay deals can be ordered through their site.

Just not the Buy 2 for $25 deal. They have pretty good prices regardless.

[quote name='dallow']SUPER BLU-RAY SALE AT FRYS!

Seems in-store only. Sorry folks.

HD DVD Sale at Frys

Yeah, not nearly as good, sorry.[/quote]

definitely get to one earlier rather than later. All the good titles will be gone by this afternoon. Hell, some are probably already sold out, even here on the west coast (they open at 7 I think).

Ah well, I have all of those that I want on DVD already, and I don't see anything that is an absolute must to upgrade to Blu Ray. But these are fantastic prices...

Guys just click on the ones listed and the price adjusts to 12.99

I just ordered Blue-Ray editions of Cruel Intentions, Hellboy,and Layer Cake for $44.00 shipped

Sweet deal.

[quote name='mtwabo']Guys just click on the ones listed and the price adjusts to 12.99

I just ordered Blue-Ray editions of Cruel Intentions, Hellboy,and Layer Cake for $44.00 shipped

Sweet deal.[/quote]

Very cool!

Hmmm I suspect you of being mtparker... ;)

just got back from my local store. It seems they are ringing up at $12.50 each. I picked up 3 titles and all 3 were $12.50 each. I then asked an employee to can 1 and it rang up at only $12.50. Looks like you don't have to buy 2 for $25. Anybody else try it?

[quote name='dallow']Very cool!

Hmmm I suspect you of being mtparker... ;)[/quote]

Yeah buddy, my other favorite site is avsforum.com

I love the threads on there.

Happy Shopping!!!

i'm gonna have to call my brother to see if he can run over to a fry's..... he owes me some cash!

we need a fry's down is south florida.....BADLY!

Full Metal Jacket HD-DVD is coming up at $13.99. I'd wait anyways on that title since Warner is doing an special edition later this year. It'll be worth the wait since:

A) There will be extras on the SE.
B) The current HD-DVD uses an 1080i upconverted to 1080p source. The new SE most likely will be using a brand new 1080p transfer.

wow, its too bad i alrdy bought INTO THE BLUE and HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGER from BUY.COM using 10 dollar off GOOGLE CHECK OUT...

now i dont know what other titles are good movies that i wanna buy at FRY's

[quote name='guyver2077']fuck.. why cant i have a damn local frys.. that add says 2 for $25 each????

i dont see same price online either[/quote]

You have to click the buy button and then the rpice will adjust when its added to your cart, ie cruel intentions 19.99 click buy and its 12.99

now go spend some money!!!

Yup, all the movies are $12.50.

NO NEED TO BUY 2 either instore, or online.

Just picked up 5 movies from Frys.

(i'm also waiting on that upcoming Kubrick set)

[quote name='mtwabo']You have to click the buy button and then the rpice will adjust when its added to your cart, ie cruel intentions 19.99 click buy and its 12.99

now go spend some money!!![/quote]

i did click buy... what link are you guys using

Frys has a deal this week in their ad for 2 for 25 on a bunch of Blu-Ray movies

some good ones included on the deal are

-hellboy
-black hawk down
-layer cake
-closer
-big fish
-donnie brasco

and many others.

damn i was totally going to check out fry's today after work just for kicks (I should have checked this forum before i left lol) but I decided not to! I hope copies of the movies I want are still available.

anybody try getting other blurays not noted in the ad in hopes of a total bluray price mistake? lol

Ringing up $12.50 for me as well. No biggie as most of these are the same crap they have been doing for the past 6 months already. 4 new additions to the pile, so I grabbed Hellboy and Cruel Intentions.

first time i've seen a super sale on blurays like this lol (aside from those buy this player, get X number of movies free deals). Maybe cuz I didn't start lookin till just a couple weeks ago when I finally got my tv.

Planning to get Curse of the golden flower, hitch, last samurai, and phantom of the opera (yea i know the last two aren't part of the 2 for $25, but I always wanted to get last samurai). Can anybody suggest any other titles or recommend against getting any of those movies?

[quote name='imascrub']first time i've seen a super sale on blurays like this lol (aside from those buy this player, get X number of movies free deals). Maybe cuz I didn't start lookin till just a couple weeks ago when I finally got my tv.

Planning to get Curse of the golden flower, hitch, last samurai, and phantom of the opera (yea i know the last two aren't part of the 2 for $25, but I always wanted to get last samurai). Can anybody suggest any other titles or recommend against getting any of those movies?[/quote]

don't get curse of the golden flower, i saw the dvd and trust me, that movie sucks....well the ending n shit kinda piss me off, but that's just me though, go google the reviews..

i'm interested in getting donnie brasco, anybody know if this movie is good??? i mean blu ray graphic wise, i wouldn't expect much cuz its from 1997....

[quote name='born2win413']don't get curse of the golden flower, i saw the dvd and trust me, that movie sucks....well the ending n shit kinda piss me off, but that's just me though, go google the reviews..

i'm interested in getting donnie brasco, anybody know if this movie is good??? i mean blu ray graphic wise, i wouldn't expect much cuz its from 1997....[/QUOTE]
Curse was an amazing movie, im sure most people were expecting Hero 2 though

[quote name='born2win413']don't get curse of the golden flower, i saw the dvd and trust me, that movie sucks....well the ending n shit kinda piss me off, but that's just me though, go google the reviews..

i'm interested in getting donnie brasco, anybody know if this movie is good??? i mean blu ray graphic wise, i wouldn't expect much cuz its from 1997....[/QUOTE]

Curse of the Golden Flower was fantastic.

lmao, dam yall liked curse??? i sure as hell thought it was dumb as hell and many other reviews would agree with me...i guess i need a strong stable plot.

[quote name='born2win413']lmao, dam yall liked curse??? i sure as hell thought it was dumb as hell and many other reviews would agree with me...i guess i need a strong stable plot.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I saw it in theaters and didn't like it. The end became too much for me and it was way too talky. I thought it was misrepresented in trailers, its more of a Chinese Shakespearean story than a historical action flick.

[quote name='darkrage']I agree, I saw it in theaters and didn't like it. The end became too much for me and it was way too talky. I thought it was misrepresented in trailers, its more of a Chinese Shakespearean story than a historical action flick.[/quote]

Quoted from the review on High-Def Digest:
By the time the credits rolled, I had come to realize that 'Curse of the Golden Flower' is essentially a Shakespearean tragedy told in reverse. The film is clearly inspired by "King Lear," but breaks away by flipping the classic play in a completely different direction.

[quote name='mr ryles']just ordered donnie brasco hellboy and RE apocalypse from frys.com (outpost.com Whatever)[/quote]

I picked up Donnie Brasco on Friday after reading some reviews.

I have high hopes for it :D

Anyone here watch it and like it?

Donnie Brasco is an excellent movie. Pacino really nailed his role underplaying it, as opposed to his usual larger-than-life flare. But I think the Blu-Ray is a completely stripped down disc of the last DVD release.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Donnie Brasco is an excellent movie. Pacino really nailed his role underplaying it, as opposed to his usual larger-than-life flare. But I think the Blu-Ray is a completely stripped down disc of the last DVD release.[/quote]

When I think of a great Pacino movie, I think of Heat :p

There are a bunch of others, but this is the one that comes to mind.

I really think that they rush some of these releases, leaving out a lot of extras. Also some releases use the BD-25 single layer which limits them sometimes as well :/

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I don't like it when they add like 1-2 minutes of extra footage and don't carry over the audio commentary.[/quote]

That can be a burn, since audio commentary can clear up some unanswered questions and be nice to listen too (and real funny too sometimes).

i picked up STEALTH...no other good movie was available there, my FRY's was clean dry of the movies that was on sale....it was tough, i was going to get LAYER CAKE but didn't...

so far my blue ray movies collection consists of INTO THE BLUE, HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS, STEALTH..... chyeaaaaaaaa! I mean I want to get a movie that has eye popping blockbuster graphics and special effects..it is blue ray after all, if i wanted a good plot, i'd burn a dvd, hehe

[quote name='born2win413']so far my blue ray movies collection consists of INTO THE BLUE, HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS, STEALTH..... chyeaaaaaaaa! I mean I want to get a movie that has eye popping blockbuster graphics and special effects..it is blue ray after all, if i wanted a good plot, i'd burn a dvd, hehe[/quote]
For awesome picture and sound quality, check out Black Hawk Down and Kung Fu Hustle :D
Those were the first two Blu Ray Movies I ever purchased and they held me over for almost 2 months :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back