Hell's Kitchen Season 6 - Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='J7.']Watch this clip from the 35th minute to the 35:40th minute. Especially 35:20-35:23, 35:26, 35:38 (clearly a smirk for himself not him happy for Tenille). All of his beaming happy smiles are in the same exact shots as Tenille crying with both of them in the frame. Tell me how that is editing :roll:.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/100311/hells-kitchen-4-chefs-compete[/QUOTE]

Only one of those shots across that minute have him as beaming, and that was from one of the 10+ cutaways from another camera and angle that focused only on the faces of the individual competitors. In every single shot with Kevin, Tennille, and Ramsay in the same frame Kevin has a neutral expression at best.

Considering that the facial closeups could have been taken at any point between when Ramsay called them downstairs and dismissed them (Dave's injury, Tennille's leaving, announcement of the Top Three and special surprise) whereas the shots with the trio (K, T, Ramsay) are only from Tennille's send-off...it makes a difference.

It's pretty cool to see pictures from the hell's kitchen party. After all was said and done it must have been a good experience for everyone to keep in touch like that.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Amanda and Kevin's wife.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=99955&l=35d1cf8553&id=1696917843

Van's baby and Dave's hand.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=99954&l=edcc05d1a4&id=1696917843

Dave doin a shot with Kevin's boss.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=99949&l=0957386d42&id=1696917843

Kevin and his son
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=99943&l=16b7ed89f8&id=1696917843

Right after this he punched me in the face
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=99939&l=73a6ba8688&id=1696917843

Maybe I'll post up more later, or you could add me on facebook and see them all now.[/QUOTE]

Since taping is presumably over, did Dave have surgery on his wrist/thumb after the show finished filming?

/tk

[quote name='Kapwanil']Only one of those shots across that minute have him as beaming, and that was from one of the 10+ cutaways from another camera and angle that focused only on the faces of the individual competitors. In every single shot with Kevin, Tennille, and Ramsay in the same frame Kevin has a neutral expression at best.

Considering that the facial closeups could have been taken at any point between when Ramsay called them downstairs and dismissed them (Dave's injury, Tennille's leaving, announcement of the Top Three and special surprise) whereas the shots with the trio (K, T, Ramsay) are only from Tennille's send-off...it makes a difference.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry but that's the biggest BS I've ever read on CAG. He is clearly smiling ear to ear in the shots with all of them around Tenille. If you do not see that I just don't know what to say. Some of the other shots throughout the season could've been edited, but based on his overall behavior and his comments, it fits up with his expressions in the shot with all of them, of being egotistical and manipulative and out for himself at all costs while trying not to show it, using others without them knowing. I've met a lot of people like him and they make me sick.

J7, I don't see what you're seeing.

Kevin is a bit cocky, but other than that I think outside of Jim he's the best chef there. Ariel's probably right behind him, but I'd like to see Kevin win.

He is the best chef there, I'll give him that. I think Ariel would be a better person to work with in a professional partnership.

Wow, I just saw a preview saying this week's episode is the Season Finale.

Usually there's 3 more episodes at this point. The Season Finale is two hours, though.

[quote name='Trakan']Usually there's 3 more episodes at this point.[/QUOTE]

I thought there'd only be two.. one episode to get it down to two people, then one to determine the winner. The 2 hour finale makes sense in that aspect, but I didn't think HK was enough of a ratings drawer to warrant a two hour block.

[quote name='seen']Scorch, they normally split the final episode into 2 parts to get you coming back next week.[/QUOTE]
Not this time, it appears. It's not listed on the television schedule for the 20th as Fox is going into their prime-time baseball run.

Don't forget that they typically bring back the losers to cook for the crews for the final two. you'll get a few background shots of Jim for sure.

Kevin threw Ariel under the bus in that last episode. Shame that Ramsay was willing to overlook someone who isn't interested in being a team player as a competitor to lead a team at his restaurant. But, hey, I ain't worth 50 million pounds, so what do I know?

How do they choose the eliminated chefs to return for the final? It looked like Amanda was going to wreck Kevin's kitchen. I thought for sure he'd end up winning because he was able to recover well from her screw ups.

Congrats to Dave!

[quote name='Gentlegamer']How do they choose the eliminated chefs to return for the final? It looked like Amanda was going to wreck Kevin's kitchen. I thought for sure he'd end up winning because he was able to recover well from her screw ups.

Congrats to Dave![/QUOTE]

It's probably the available chefs that were most recently eliminated... but that doesn't really explain why Tennille and Andy weren't there....... =/ Maybe whoever does the best on camera?

[quote name='kilm']It's probably the available chefs that were most recently eliminated... but that doesn't really explain why Tennille and Andy weren't there....... =/ Maybe whoever does the best on camera?[/QUOTE]

You know what I'm gonna ask... Was JimmieMac there? This dictates whether I watch it on hulu tomorrow or not.

[quote name='kilm']It's probably the available chefs that were most recently eliminated... but that doesn't really explain why Tennille and Andy weren't there....... =/ Maybe whoever does the best on camera?[/QUOTE]
I think it's whoever actually wanted to come back. Some of them might have been sore losers or just didn't feel like cooking under so much pressure without any reward. And obviously some weren't even asked to come back... cough...Joseph...cough

[quote name='mykevermin']It'll be cool. I'll photoshop you a Tiger Beat-like image of Jimmie.[/QUOTE]

Do this and post it in the thread. I need some laughs at work.

I kept thinking as long as Dave didn't really fuck anything up he would have an edge due to to his wrist. Yet Kevin was the strogest overall I wonder what lost it for him, and I would love to know what Ramsey said to him after the fact.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I kept thinking as long as Dave didn't really fuck anything up he would have an edge due to to his wrist. Yet Kevin was the strogest overall I wonder what lost it for him, and I would love to know what Ramsey said to him after the fact.[/QUOTE]

i think dave did get bonus points for the wrist, but also his kitchen ran smoother and ramsey loves simple menus (at least he does in kitchen nightmares).

i noticed they didnt do the whole decorate the resaurant thing this year. thats always amusing, oh well.

I think this is the first reality contest show where I was slightly hopeful that they might just bend the rules a bit to allow both to win. It really seemed like Ramsey wasn't going to be able to pick a clear cut winner and I was honestly surprised that it ended up being Dave after all. I thought Kevin catching himself at that crucial breaking point was going to cement the win for him. I would have been happy with either of them winning though. It sucks that Jimmie got booted mid-season but the show was entertaining overall (despite how edited it is, it's still fucking tv guys) and I'm glad I watched the entire season.

Now, let's get another CAG on a reality show!

I can't watch this show anymore. It's just too scripted, its too predictable, even when they try to make it un predictable

4 years of this shit and I can't stand it anymore

Won't even watch the finales

Glad to see Dave won it. Though Kevin was a bit stronger in the end imo, I felt that Dave being so successful with so many problems with his wrist was enough to earn him the prize itself.

Just finished watching the finale I liked the show and figured Kevin had it in the bag. Good for Dave thought he made it through alot and yea Ariel looked good when she came back. I was half watching seen that and rewound to see who that was haha.

I'd never watched untill this season and loved the show. I found last season on hulu and i'm watching it and watching Kitchen Nightmares on BBC/Youtube. The British version is much better than the US version ours is over produced well Kitchen Nightmares, haven't watched UK Hell's Kitchen.. Gordon Ramsey is enertaining but I can't get into The F Word.... Glad Jmac got me into this i've actually cooked and impressed people with a couple dishes from the F word.

Now piss off out of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just caught up on the last two episodes on hulu. I was soooo happy that they didn't do the whole decorate the restaurant bit. I always found it annoying and not beneficial at all. It just added extra fluff that I did not think was needed.

And since I know people want this and I'll be thanked many times over...

Boobs from the right:
arielxj.jpg

Boobs from the left:
ariel2.jpg

Just got around to watching the finale..

Dave! :whee:

I can't believe the one armed bandit stole the show. I think Kevin is more of a leader than Dave is, though. Still pretty cool to see the underdog, while handicapped (to an extent), win it all.

HK really, really needs some new editors, though. Some of the cuts were just brutal, and splicing old footage with new episodes was pretty bad.

//edit: Looks like Gordon just reconsidered, Ariel's rack actually won

[quote name='Dingleberry']And since I know people want this and I'll be thanked many times over...

Boobs from the right:
arielxj.jpg

Boobs from the left:
ariel2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thank you kind sir. Thank you.

After Ariel got eliminated I was rooting for Dave the next episode. Kevin gets on my nerves. Anyway I got my reality TV fix. Now I don't need to watch anymore reality TV shows for a few more years, although it was fun watching with an active thread on CAG.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']saw that coming a mile away[/QUOTE]

The series ended on television 25 hours before you posted this.

Riddle me this: do you think the Bengals will beat the Ravens this past Sunday, too?

I really thought until the last episode that Kevin would win this thing but after seeing stupid-ass previews for the finale showing Dave crying in the confessional I knew he won it before the episode even started. I have to say I can't believe they gave it to Dave given how Kevin had pretty much nailed it the whole show. Dave, well he just pissed me off to no end and to this day I still can't believe Gordon didn't make him take his stupid-ass beanies and/or hats off like he has in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back