Hell's Kitchen Season 6 - Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne has those eye brows, a big belly, a big chin, and a really bitchy attitude.

I'd tap a lot of females, yes I would, but not Suzanne.

Suzanne is misunderstood, i think what she tries to do feels right in her head but people dont even think about it and just bash her for it. Other than that shes ugly and annoying.

I'd consider a BJ from her but nothing else, she'd probably complain the whole way thru

Anyone here watch Top Chef? I don't watch the show, but apparently Michael Midgley a.k.a. "Chef Mikey" from Top Chef now teaches the culinary arts class at the school where I work. Should I be impressed? The female teachers are all gaga over the guy, but I've never watched the show.

Wait.

People get aroused by this?
165_michael-midgley.jpg

WTH?

[quote name='dubbfoolio']^ Well J7, I think it's safe to say we'd never fight over women.[/QUOTE]
You can say that again. From far away she looks okay, but the closer you get...

[quote name='Microshock']Suzanne is misunderstood, i think what she tries to do feels right in her head but people dont even think about it and just bash her for it. Other than that shes ugly and annoying.

I'd consider a BJ from her but nothing else, she'd probably complain the whole way thru[/QUOTE]
Like I said, that's why you feed her cookies during the act.

Is it just me or is some segments of Hell's Kitchen staged? I noticed Tek in the background of an episode like 3 episodes after she was fired.

Also, there always seems to be someone go out in an ambulance and nothing major happens (Robert this year, seemed staged.)

Or is it just me?

I think most of us more than ever before are realizing how scripted and forced this show is. I really, really think Joseph was an actor. He foreshadowed the fight with Ramsay very quickly, he said things that no one but either a retarded person or a staged actor would say (during the reward with Ramsay, he disrespected the act of going out together, instead wanting to just cook), and if you watch the fight, Ramsay and Joseph both act a little staged. Even the way he picked Joseph was strange.

[quote name='dimmujed']Is it just me or is some segments of Hell's Kitchen staged? I noticed Tek in the background of an episode like 3 episodes after she was fired.

Also, there always seems to be someone go out in an ambulance and nothing major happens (Robert this year, seemed staged.)

Or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember seeing that too. I believe they just decided to splice in an addition scene where someone was getting yelled at, was it Amanda? Also, in that same episode, Jim was also spliced in for a quick second in another part, its harder to tell since its an overhead shot but there are more heads than the ones that were still there.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Anyone here watch Top Chef? I don't watch the show, but apparently Michael Midgley a.k.a. "Chef Mikey" from Top Chef now teaches the culinary arts class at the school where I work. Should I be impressed? The female teachers are all gaga over the guy, but I've never watched the show.[/QUOTE]

I watch Top Chef, and a) the culinary arts students at your school won't be learning shit, that guy has no REAL skill and b) gross, people think THAT'S hot?

Back on topic of HK, based solely on previews, it seems like Dave has the best chance right now, he was the only one Ramsay didn't yell at in the promo for the next episode. I think he's pretty good and I like him better than Kevin, but I think they're the ones to beat. I don't know what Tenille's deal is, if she can cook or not, and seems to be hit or miss (and she needs to learn the difference between indoor voice and outdoor voice). Suzanne...well, I think she's next. Truthfully, though, I have no idea if any of these people can create, coordinate, and cook their own menus, with one exception, they've only cooked what Ramsay says.

Dave needs to be a man with that wrist. I had the same injury, and cooking was no problem...and if it hurts as much as they're making it seem it does, there's NO FREAKING WAY IN HELL he'd be trying to grab pots/pans with that arm, as they've shown him do. By all appearances he's right-handed, they're making way too much drama out of that crap. Be a man, dude.

/tk

[quote name='terpkristin']
Dave needs to be a man with that wrist. I had the same injury, and cooking was no problem...and if it hurts as much as they're making it seem it does, there's NO FREAKING WAY IN HELL he'd be trying to grab pots/pans with that arm, as they've shown him do. By all appearances he's right-handed, they're making way too much drama out of that crap. Be a man, dude.

/tk[/QUOTE]

What exactly is cooking for you? Maybe 30 minutes with two or three items on the stove? Unless you are a chef yourself, I'm sure Dave has more usage with his arms with 3-4 hours of service time, as well as the hours of prep beforehand. On top of that, there were also challenges where he had to use that arm again, and dont forget the loss of mobility as an advantage. Of course Ramsey points it out because the cast is still there, especially to mock the other competitors. In any case, even if you are a chef and do the same things, pain thresh hold is different for everyone. It may be minuscule, he may be feeling more, but unless you're him, you dont know what his arm feels like.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Dave is trying his best every day with an injury that most people would have made people quit.[/QUOTE]

Point taken on your previous post (pain thresholds, etc). I wasn't trying to say Dave was phoning it in or anything, and though I did say to "man up," I take your point and concede that it was overly harsh. I think Dave's doing a hell of a job--more so because he's injured; the only time you would know he's injured (aside from when Ramsay says it) is when Fox does the "behind the scenes" jobs to show him repeatedly dropping what appeared to be a frozen pot pie, etc. Maybe what I should have said was that I was kind of tired of it feeling like they're trying to inject extra drama. Suzanne does enough of that (and judging by the previews, next week's going to be extra-dramatic).

I'm not a chef, though my mom went to culinary school and did the chef thing for awhile. It makes our family holiday meals pretty insane, and has given me SOME exposure to the prep that goes into the dishes...

I guess I'm confused about what exactly Hell's Kitchen is, or what the prize is. When whoever wins, do they do their own menus at the restaurant in Whistler? Compared to Top Chef, it seems that the contestants on HK are forced to work to Ramsay's menus and his dishes (without their own spin), whereas Top Chef contestants are expected to make their own dishes on the fly with whatever silly challenge they dream up. It surprises me that if they'll get to do their own menu, that they haven't had the opportunity to really do their own thing much yet for the "big" challenges.

/tk

Obviously this super fake, very edited, practically scripted show is hamming up that injury. I'm sure it sucks to be him, but Dave and the show editors are milking it for all it's worth. Which is fine, I don't really expect any less Hell's Kitchen. It's cheeseball, that's why we're here.

see ya Suzanne. Apparently Ramsay thinks Ariel is hotter too. I listened to about 5 minutes of Jimmie's interview. It's pretty funny. I'll check out the rest later probably. I never got to the part with Cheapy.

Enough with your passion for Ariel already. We get that you want her so bad you dream about her every night. ;) Last night I watched her more closely and she does look better than I remember. When you see her from the front she looks pretty good, but it's her profile picture that makes me find her unattractive sometimes, with that giant curved forehead, long chin, and freckles.

I think I might be done with Hells Kitchen after this season.

1. It's becoming too predictable.

2. The editing is out of control. (This past episode when Dave and Tennille were supposedly sitting in chairs arguing, during one shot you could see Dave walking around behind Tennille in the background).

3. Whenever anyone talks and its not a continuous shot or you can't see their mouth, it sounds like an audio version of a ransom letter.

4. The constant, super dramatic horn and cymbal crashes are getting to me :lol:

^ ayup. I was watching long after Jimmie was cut, but the show was quickly losing interest to me, and coupled with the 2 weeks off I got thanks to the "Chubbies in Heat" 2-hour episode they had a few weeks back, couldn't care less who wins at this point.

Besides, now that I'm into 'Dexter' (way too late), I need to cut a show to offset my tv viewing.

[quote name='Maklershed']2. The editing is out of control. (This past episode when Dave and Tennille were supposedly sitting in chairs arguing, during one shot you could see Dave walking around behind Tennille in the background).

3. Whenever anyone talks and its not a continuous shot or you can't see their mouth, it sounds like an audio version of a ransom letter.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

1) A vegetarian dish challenge with kids as judges? That's just EVIL.

2) Can't believe Dave was candy grazing from the kiddie party trash. :/

3) Bye, Bye Tenille (who didn't see that one coming?).

Yeah Tenille is no surprise they have to get serious about who they'd actually want running a restaurant at this point, they care less now about what will stir controversy. And on that note It's Dave next.

Jimmie - when you were there did you get the vibe that Dave was extraordinarily creepy or is he just a victim of editing? Also, did anyone else think that his girlfriend and his sister looked like twins?

I had to quit watching that show mid-episode, Tenille just annoyed the fuck out of me yet again. Plus, I'm not rooting for any of them to win. Maybe Dave...

But Kevin is an egotistical asshole with a super brooklyn accent. And I live in brooklyn.

Kevin lives in CT and came up in Cape Cod. To think he has a Brooklyn accent means you're a stupid shallow asshole and you probably never leave your desk at work except to go home and bitch on the computer.

We had a big party at Kevin's house this past Tuesday, I'll post pics later.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Kevin lives in CT and came up in Cape Cod. To think he has a Brooklyn accent means you're a stupid shallow asshole and you probably never leave your desk at work except to go home and bitch on the computer.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I didn't even notice his accent, probably because I grew up in New England. To us it's normal. Then you go to the Midwest and everyone laughs at your accent because they're used to people sounding like hicks.

[quote name='Maklershed']Brooklyn? I thought it was a Boston accent?[/QUOTE]

I thought he was from Boston too. :oops:

And I think it's Kevin all the way. I think it was always Kevin from the beginning.

[quote name='gunm']I thought he was from Boston too. :oops:

And I think it's Kevin all the way. I think it was always Kevin from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

It was Jimmie until Jimmie unceremoniously got knocked off. Then it was Kevin. At least for CAG it was, but Jimmie seemed pretty popular outside of CAG too.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It was Jimmie until Jimmie unceremoniously got knocked off. Then it was Kevin. At least for CAG it was, but Jimmie seemed pretty popular outside of CAG too.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

"Jimmie, I'm wishing you and Tek the best, but if it doesn't work out..."

I kid I kid! :)

Van has a baby? I'm kind of surprised he's a father. Though I suppose I could see him being a doting dad despite how he acts on TV. Baby is really cute. Kevin looks like a good father.

It's nice to see you guys are still friends. You seem more chummy in real life than on TV. :lol: I love the new profile pic with Van. Glad you guys get along in real life. :lol:

And I've been wanting to get with DoK for the past 5 years. I even invited her to a restaurant I ran in her home state and she dodged me. But now, she's a big fan. Fair weather fan all the way.

God I hope Kevin does not win, he does seem like he is an egotistical jerk, and it's not from any editing. He had the biggest smile on his face when Tenille was crying. He had to turn away from the camera... Whereas Dave & Ariel actually tried to give her a goodbye. Hopefully one of them wins.

[quote name='JimmieMac']
We had a big party at Kevin's house this past Tuesday, I'll post pics later.[/QUOTE]
So he won?

I'm kinda disappointed you don't see Robert and Andy hugging each other, laughing, having a good time, being friends in JimmieMac's pics.

Robert didn't go because he had just gotten back from doing a birthday dinner for the owner of the Bunny Ranch and Andy had just driven back from a BBQ competition in Kansas City. If that hadn't been going on, you would have seen it.

Also:

God I hope Kevin does not win, he does seem like he is an egotistical jerk, and it's not from any editing. He had the biggest smile on his face when Tenille was crying.

Tennille has two N's and Kevin's reaction is how they want you to view him. Thru editing. Stupid.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Robert didn't go because he had just gotten back from doing a birthday dinner for the owner of the Bunny Ranch and Andy had just driven back from a BBQ competition in Kansas City. If that hadn't been going on, you would have seen it.

Also:

God I hope Kevin does not win, he does seem like he is an egotistical jerk, and it's not from any editing. He had the biggest smile on his face when Tenille was crying.

Tennille has two N's and Kevin's reaction is how they want you to view him. Thru editing. Stupid.[/QUOTE]
So now they're incorporating CGI in the show? Dude was smiling ear to ear in the same shot as Tenille crying and the others consoling her. I just went back and watched it again on Hulu. It is clearly not through editing. You don't need to lie and you sure as hell don't need to call me stupid.

Watch this clip from the 35th minute to the 35:40th minute. Especially 35:20-35:23, 35:26, 35:38 (clearly a smirk for himself not him happy for Tenille). All of his beaming happy smiles are in the same exact shots as Tenille crying with both of them in the frame. Tell me how that is editing :roll:.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/100311/hells-kitchen-4-chefs-compete

I'd like to think that he's smiling because of the compliments Ramsey is giving her, because I kinda hope Kevin wins it and isn't a total douchebag. He seems cool. Dave seems cool as well. He seems like a huge stoner ("I've been, like, so worried about you." "I'm fine!" "Oh, okay. Cool. Awesome."). I'm pretty sure it'll come down to those two in the final..

Even though Jimmie kinda spoiled it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back