Hell's Kitchen Season 6 - Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sort of sick how with every season, they take the person with okay skills, but horrible personality that everyone hates, and make someone else go home, then switch them on the teams. Case in point, Matt, Lacey, and Suzanne. By past experience, Suzanne will do really well next week, and love her new team. Then get hated on the next week for the same stuff, and if not kicked off that week, definitely the week after.

Starting to hate the formulaic approach in many things. "While the red team is quickly sending out appetizers ... (shows JP taking food back) perhaps a little too quickly.

GR - What's the problem?

JP - Chef, the scallops are raw.

GR - BLOODY HELL! Hey, you, come here, ALL OF YOU! Look, its RUBBAH!"

Or eliminations.

"(Person not going home's name is said) (Person walks forward slightly) BACK IN LINE!"

[quote name='mykevermin']People didn't want to give Van a chance after the first show. Same w/ Tennille. Both have proven themselves at this point, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Seconded about Tennile. Van doesn't strike me one way or the other.

EDIT: Putting Suzanne on the other team? Wasn't that done last year with Lacey?

I was sad to see Andy go, because I think he's one of the most real "characters" on the show out of the guys. Dave, Kevin, and Van are pretty intense.

Switching Suzanne is so money. I hate her but the show needs a villain. It's interesting what sort of immunity you buy by making everyone hate you. I'm waiting for her to sink the blue team so Ramsay can tell her to "fuckoff donkey!" And kick her fat ass off the show.

Also, hot girlfriend or not I noticed Andy had a pretty deep seated tongue ring (No wonder JimmieMac is so in love with him). And I noticed Suzanne has one closer to the tip of her tongue. Do the math, and draw your own conclusions.

Also spoilerz
my latest issue of Bon Appetit that I got yesterday said that they're Editorial crew is visiting to be some sort of judges on the 9/29 episode

What I didn't understand about Andy's injury was why he came back so fast. If I remember correctly when Dave got injured, he didn't return till the end of service (Ramsay somehow doesn't remember that and thought Andy was slowing down?) Also based on that last thought, why did Andy comeback so fast. I'm surprised the medical staff let him proceed (I'm sure he was on some drugs).

Yeah, I had missed him returning and suddenly saw him working on food. I wonder if he even had any feeling in that hand. He should have just stayed at the hospital, considering Ramsey was pissed when the guys tried to get rid of Robert for missing service entirely.

I wouldn't mind Tennille remaining on the show if she weren't so fucking annoying when talking. Van on the other hand has become a much more normal person since the opening.

I kinda like the formulaic nature of the show now. It's like Hell's KitchenballZ at this point. The next week previews are a bunch of grunting and yelling and screaming and injuries, fights breaking out here and there, and then at the end, they get to wish someone back. Like Robert. Only to watch him get killed nearly once again.

I've just noticed the absurd amount of times Ramsey covers up his face during eliminations or looks somewhere. I think it's because outside of the kitchen, he's not like that at all and it's hard for him to keep up the act of being angry maaaaaaaaaaaaan

[quote name='Strell']I kinda like the formulaic nature of the show now. It's like Hell's KitchenballZ at this point. The next week previews are a bunch of grunting and yelling and screaming and injuries, fights breaking out here and there, and then at the end, they get to wish someone back. Like Robert. Only to watch him get killed nearly once again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you can only use a wish once per dragon. The cast would have to collect 8 different Michelin Star Balls to get Robert back.

And I wonder if the ultimate enemy, Freezer, who made multiple desserts go Super Suckin', will come back.

[quote name='Strell']I kinda like the formulaic nature of the show now. It's like Hell's KitchenballZ at this point. The next week previews are a bunch of grunting and yelling and screaming and injuries, fights breaking out here and there, and then at the end, they get to wish someone back. Like Robert. Only to watch him get killed nearly once again.[/QUOTE]

The most perplexing part of the formula to me is every season they tout "very special guests" are coming to Hells Kitchen and its always the contestants parents. But the funny thing to me is that these people are only away filming for what must be two weeks and they act like they thought their parents were murdered years ago and they're only now finding out they're really alive. You'll never see so much crying and carrying on.

That reminds me - I was kind of hoping the special guest would be Michael Jackson. Especially if he was dead.

That would make this the best show ever.

[quote name='Moses144']Yeah, but you can only use a wish once per dragon. The cast would have to collect 8 different Michelin Star Balls to get Robert back.

And I wonder if the ultimate enemy, Freezer, who made multiple desserts go Super Suckin', will come back.[/QUOTE]

Heh. I have to think about how to extend this metaphor further.

[quote name='Microshock']I've just noticed the absurd amount of times Ramsey covers up his face during eliminations or looks somewhere. I think it's because outside of the kitchen, he's not like that at all and it's hard for him to keep up the act of being angry maaaaaaaaaaaaan[/QUOTE]

Actually, he's like that outside of HK as well. His perfectionism and short temper proceeded his TV career.

[quote name='gunm']Actually, he's like that outside of HK as well. His perfectionism and short temper proceeded his TV career.[/QUOTE]
yes true, but hammed up x100 on the show.

[quote name='Maklershed']But the funny thing to me is that these people are only away filming for what must be two weeks and they act like they thought their parents were murdered years ago and they're only now finding out they're really alive. You'll never see so much crying and carrying on.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: "Mom? Dad? You're alive?! But Chef Ramsay said he had you killed because I overcooked the risotto."

Just caught the most recent episode on Hulu. I can understand why Andy was sent home, though it kind of sucks for him. He must've mangled his fingers on that mandolin pretty hardcore, I wonder if it wasn't just dexterity but also mayhaps drugs. Also, it looked like he was a lefty, whereas Dave appears to be a righty (who mucked up his left thumb).

Looks like more drama coming next week...

/tk

Not sure if its been mentioned before, but anyone notice how occasionally they mirror the image, not sure if its an accident with the film being inserted on the reverse side of if they do it on purpose...

[quote name='MisterModest']Yeah...two episodes next week, though.[/QUOTE]
Thank god, that makes up for this 2 hour crap.

So nobody watched the 2 hour show???

Looks like they are getting close to the only people that have a real shot at winning - Kevin and Dave. Ariel is a decent cook but I don't see her knocking off either of those two.

I'm still dumbfounded that these contestants think they can "outsmart" Ramsey by nominating a stronger competitor for elimination. Have they not been paying attention this whole time? Are they just stupid? He basically picks who he wants to go anyway.

I suppose the whole nomination thing was silly last night. I mean there were three people that sucked... they should have just told him to pick the person he wanted to leave.

Later Van. You did bring one good thing to the show: Whistlebritches :rofl:

i think kevin and dave are the top 2 at this point. i am shocked that suzanne and tennille are both on the show still. they have to be the next 2 to go. i mean they HAVE to, right?

Top 3 are definitely Kevin, Dave, and Ariel. Kudos to Dave for hanging in this long - I thought he would have been out by now because of his wrist. Suzanne is definitely out next ep.

Was sad to see Van go - he was a definite fav. The show is going to be boooooring once they get rid of Tenille - her commentary is the *best*. They should hire her and Van to provide commentary for all future HK eps :p

I'd rather cut my balls off than see Tenille win. I can't stand her. For some reason, I like Suzanne. I can't explain it. That said, I know there's a bigger chance of getting my head between Eliza Dushku's legs than there is of Suzanne winning. I can't complain too much though, fat boy and Van are gone...and that makes me pretty fucking happy.

Tenille proved herself and I am rooting for her for being the only 'real' person left on the show. Sure her loud mouth annoys the hell out of me like it annoys everyone else but she is a fighter that is constantly learning and improving herself. Kevin drives me crazy because he has the attitude that his shit doesn't smell....I can't believe that I'm watching this dumb ass show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't want any of them to win, they all seem egotistical. That said, Dave seems like he might be most genuine person and he works hard. However, based on the preview for next week it looks like he wrongly has it out for Tenille telling the truth during elimination.

Tenille did the right thing by nominating Van because we all knew that is who messed up the most that episode and if she said Suzanne it would be evident to everyone including Ramsay that she lied, had no integrity, and was nominating her to just get rid of her.

Kevin has a big ego and is out to get people but he hides it.

Tenille has made great progress and looks the best right now, it shocks me to say, but she needs to keep her mouth shut and respect superiors.

Ariel doesn't have what it takes.

Suzanne is just a bitch who needs to be fed cookies.

I'm rooting for Ariel. She's hot. Everyone else annoys me. Including Dave, who is a ridiculous drama queen. I don't think he seems genuine at all. I think he's blowing his stupid wrist out of proportion to generate storyline in his favor.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'm rooting for Ariel. She's hot. Everyone else annoys me. Including Dave, who is a ridiculous drama queen. I don't think he seems genuine at all. I think he's blowing his stupid wrist out of proportion to generate storyline in his favor.[/QUOTE]

yeah makes sense. i mean, its just a broken wrist in a cast. he shouldnt complain at all, its not like he even has to use his hands that much!

[quote name='J7.']
Tenille did the right thing by nominating Van because we all knew that is who messed up the most that episode and if she said Suzanne it would be evident to everyone including Ramsay that she lied, had no integrity, and was nominating her to just get rid of her.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed - it's stupid for Dave to be upset at Tenille for telling the truth. If she didn't give Van's name, Ramsey would know she's lying - and who would want to hire a head chef with no integrity? Besides, he's going to kick off who he wants regardless of who's nominated by the team.

[quote name='J7.']I really don't want any of them to win, they all seem egotistical. That said, Dave seems like he might be most genuine person and he works hard. However, based on the preview for next week it looks like he wrongly has it out for Tenille telling the truth during elimination.

[/QUOTE]

1: Hasn't Tenille played the "lie at elimination time" game before with just trying to get rid of people, no matter what cost? I'll answer that for you, yes. So don't let her lead you to believe that she's a saint.

2: It's possible she just told the truth about Van because she thought she better get rid of stiffer competition (Van) while he's finally fucking up...'cause he may never fuck up that often again.

3: Why am I watching this?

4: Why am I writing on a message board about it?

5: Why am I writing on a message board about video games about Hell's Kitchen?

6: Why does anyone think that this show isn't set up? How many times can numerous chefs fuck up and serve raw food that often in the same restaurant, on the same day, in the same few hours? I go out to eat quite often to many different restaurants, order a variety of food and have NEVER been served raw food. I'm sure it happens...but Jesus Christ. I'm not talking about going to only 5 star restaurants either. You mean to tell me that these chefs are worse than any given chef at Outback, Uno's, Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesdays, TGIF, Bone Fish, countless local restaurants, etc? I know that the chefs that cook for me aren't under the same scrutiny and spotlight as these chefs, but seriously...seriously...why am I still watching?
This week he kicks 1 chef out, next week 2, next he closes the kitchen, next he walks off, next he sells the restaurant. Why am I still watching? "This can't be happening, it's not possible."

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I'm rooting for Ariel. She's hot. Everyone else annoys me. Including Dave, who is a ridiculous drama queen. I don't think he seems genuine at all. I think he's blowing his stupid wrist out of proportion to generate storyline in his favor.[/QUOTE]

Ariel is about as hot as my hairy butthole. I'd rather bang Robert.

But I agree with you on Dave. Oh no, I lifted a heavy 10 lb pot and now something that I can't prove happened just happened (nerve pain)...I'll run off crying and come back like a champ when everyone sees how I man my way through such god awful pain...while never washing my hair.

Also, I knew that Van was leaving the show just as soon as I saw him with his shirt off at the beginning of the show. It was one of them, "but can't I show my muscular titties off to America before I get kicked off so everyone knows that I'm hard with my tattoos and muscular man titties?" moments. I'm serious, this is what I'm thinking when I'm watching this show. Tell me it doesn't make sense.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']but seriously...seriously...why am I still watching?[/QUOTE]

Same reason we all are, because there's nothing wrong with just letting yourself be entertained

I really thought Van's "speech" was gonna save him and Suzanne's stupid "palette" comment was gonna do her in this time. Seriously how many times has she used that as a reason to stay? Who gives a fuck about your palette if you can't do what needs to be done. Ramsey should have respected the fact that everyone else tried to keep going when he walked out, everyone except Suzanne that is and that's the one thing he should have based his entire decision on. She's pretty much out of people who can take that bullet for her though.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']1: Hasn't Tenille played the "lie at elimination time" game before with just trying to get rid of people, no matter what cost? I'll answer that for you, yes. So don't let her lead you to believe that she's a saint.

2: It's possible she just told the truth about Van because she thought she better get rid of stiffer competition (Van) while he's finally fucking up...'cause he may never fuck up that often again.

3: Why am I watching this?

4: Why am I writing on a message board about it?

5: Why am I writing on a message board about video games about Hell's Kitchen?

6: Why does anyone think that this show isn't set up? How many times can numerous chefs fuck up and serve raw food that often in the same restaurant, on the same day, in the same few hours? I go out to eat quite often to many different restaurants, order a variety of food and have NEVER been served raw food. I'm sure it happens...but Jesus Christ. I'm not talking about going to only 5 star restaurants either. You mean to tell me that these chefs are worse than any given chef at Outback, Uno's, Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesdays, TGIF, Bone Fish, countless local restaurants, etc? I know that the chefs that cook for me aren't under the same scrutiny and spotlight as these chefs, but seriously...seriously...why am I still watching?
This week he kicks 1 chef out, next week 2, next he closes the kitchen, next he walks off, next he sells the restaurant. Why am I still watching? "This can't be happening, it's not possible."[/QUOTE]
I don't think she's a saint and she may have done it before, but this time she did not when everyone wanted her to just dump Suzanne. This time she told the truth. If you have that much of a problem with the feelings you get from watching and posting about it, then you should find something else to do. Sorry. I do agree Ariel is not hot though.

[quote name='JimmieMac']You shoulda seen Ariel's tits in a bathing suit in the jacuzzi. Nice. Real nice.[/QUOTE]

Now there is another reason to check out TSD's hairy asshole.

[quote name='JimmieMac']You shoulda seen Ariel's tits in a bathing suit in the jacuzzi. Nice. Real nice.[/QUOTE]
Which week are they going to do the Hell's Kitchen swimsuit competition? I think Ariel can win.
...but only because TSD's hairy asshole isn't on the show.

What good are tits when the rest is booourns.
bios_photo_s6_ariel_1.png

Suzanne is the only one remotely attractive.
bios_photo_s6_suzanne_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back