Hell's Kitchen Season 6 - Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Get out of his head![/QUOTE]Spoken too soon!

What a bunch of bullshit to eliminate Jimmie because Ramsay can't ruffle his feathers.

Jim's elimination has nothing to do with his cooking skills, but for his lack of enthusiasm for being in a kitchen?

Since when the hell does enthusiasm matter in regards to cooking? That was a bullshit elimination.

I'm done with this season.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']It's a shame because he didn't even get to speak to show some passion. We all know Jim has a passion for food and cooking.[/QUOTE]

This. I blame Fox and reality TV. Well, there's an hour of my life I'll get back every week. This whole elimination seemed very staged, built up during several episodes to make it seem like it was legit.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']It's a shame because he didn't even get to speak to show some passion. We all know Jim has a passion for food and cooking.[/QUOTE]

....I for one was thrown off when I saw Jimmie Mac join HK, never knew he has passion for cooking nor let alone a grilled cheese Samich

Sucks but I could kind of see it coming, Ramsay is all about people showing passion and reacting when he yells at them for fucking up, Jim seemed very detached at times. But yeah Andy was a much worse Chef, but this is the kind of shit Hells Kitchen often pulls.

On the plus side I won't need to watch anymore now I don't have a dog in the fight.

Well, I'm done watching now. I'd never watched the show before and was pretty much only watching it because of JimmieMac. He really got hosed. Especially considering that Tenille has got about 50 second chances.

Man I was liking the show based on having a fellow CAG on there. Not sure if I will continue to watch. Its pretty entertaining, but JimmieMac made it so with his funny ass one liners. He got a raw deal in my opinion, one that was entirely based on reality TV sensationalism, but that's how it goes I guess.

He should try to be on Chopped on Food Network now.

Oh snap, i been watching every week, cheering for Jim.

Definately out of left field there. I thought Jim did well on his services compared to many of the others.

Definately should have been alot of other people voted off before him.

However aside from Jims wit in the interviews, i think they cut him cause he didnt stir up enough drama! I mean seriously, he just kinda chilled and focused on cooking, wheres the drama that makes for GOOD TV jim!!!!

Ramsay said this fuck is too boring during service, my shows ratings are gonna suffer, lets keep Tenille and Andy so i have people scream at!

What just happened to HK:
JumpTheShark.jpg

[quote name='haize']Oh snap, i been watching every week, cheering for Jim.

Definately out of left field there. I thought Jim did well on his services compared to many of the others.

Definately should have been alot of other people voted off before him.

However aside from Jims wit in the interviews, i think they cut him cause he didnt stir up enough drama! I mean seriously, he just kinda chilled and focused on cooking, wheres the drama that makes for GOOD TV jim!!!!

Ramsay said this fuck is too boring during service, my shows ratings are gonna suffer, lets keep Tenille and Andy so i have people scream at![/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding. We has a winnar.

[quote name='Scorch']Jim's elimination has nothing to do with his cooking skills, but for his lack of enthusiasm for being in a kitchen?

Since when the hell does enthusiasm matter in regards to cooking? That was a bullshit elimination.

I'm done with this season.[/QUOTE]

Well, they did have to get that one cook to cook all of the appetizers Jim was suppose to cook but couldn't. I'm surprised that wasn't brought up again.

[quote name='Poor2More']....I for one was thrown off when I saw Jimmie Mac join HK, never knew he has passion for cooking nor let alone a grilled cheese Samich[/QUOTE]
Well being a regular poster in the OTT, Jim would come in and post pictures of food (and his camera phone pics of random girls) so I at least knew a little bit about how much he enjoyed cooking.

lol.. we're going to make the ratings drop significantly

Well, they did have to get that one cook to cook all of the appetizers Jim was suppose to cook but couldn't. I'm surprised that wasn't brought up again.

Right, but that's not exactly elimination-worthy

[quote name='Kaijufan']Why even nominate people if Ramsay can eliminate whoever he wants?[/QUOTE]

Because Hell's Kitchen is not about cooking skill. It's about Hell. You watch the show not to see who's the best cook or who improves the most (though they'll say that at the end) but who can stand the heat (e.g. Rasmey yelling at you).

The chefs that usually make it to the end are kinda like Jim on the show but react a bit more (Jim reacts very little). That way they can squeak on by but not get caught up in yelling wars (like that Marine guy in the beginning or Tenniele in this episode). Of course you still have to be a decent cook.

I'll still watch. I enjoyed the show before, and I'll continue to enjoy it.

Risotto is tough as fuck. Thoroughly cooking pork is not. Carving chicken is not.

Under or overdone risotto is not fucking harmful to a diner's health.

What Ramsay said:
"I can teach a chef how to cook, but I can't give you a heart."

What Ramsay thought:
"I can teach a chef how to cook, but I can't turn them into ratings."

I don't call BS because it's a fucking reality show. Since when has HK *ever* been about cooking? How long has Tenille lasted? How long did Matt last? This ain't about cooking; it's about ratings.

It's unfortunate, and I hesitate to admit I kinda saw it coming at the end there...but it is what it is.

He gets to hook up with Tek in the end, so all's well that ends well.

I'd have to admit that that was some total BS right there. And of course all Fox wants you to see his how much he looked like a fool just standing there so thats all that aired. If Robert isn't back next show, I'm done with it.

[quote name='Strell']New Top Chef season next week. Sweet.[/QUOTE]

It's on tommorrow, 9-10:15, then the finale of Top Chef Masters after.

Damn, that sucks that Jim got eliminated. But I have got a prediction.

Robert can't continue, and Jim will come back to fill his slot. I am calling it now.

[quote name='Scorch']Right, but that's not exactly elimination-worthy[/QUOTE]

I would have thought serving raw pork would be, but then again, I don't work at FOX.

On the plus side, I don't have to rush home from work on Tuesdays anymore -- the show just doesn't hold my interest without JimmieMac.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I forgot to watch the episode today, and I'm kind of glad I did now.[/QUOTE]

Even if Jimmie didn't get knocked off this episodes would have still been pretty crappy. Just not a very good episode overall. Though Robert trying to pedal a bike uphill was amusing. Just watch that part on hulu and skip the rest.

WTF?

Jim had a minor goof with steaks, and then messed up on tonights show and he gets the boot?

fuck, even Amanda got a second chance and a warning from Ramsey himself, but Jim just gets a big fuck you.

Damn reality T.V.

Hopefully he'll at least be back as one of the Chefs for the finale.

Jim never yelled or ran around like decapitated chicken so he must not have cared or been doing anything worthwhile. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back