Hell's Kitchen Season 6 - Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Typos aside, I hope he's right. It's total BS that Robert showed up a couple episodes in and then left this season for health reasons and is still on the show. Is he related to one of the producers? Why is he getting all these chances, yet Jim got cut before several cooks that are consistently screwing up the food orders? Just because they show emotion (translation: break broomsticks on the ground and curse up a storm)?

iv been watching hells kitchen and i must say that jimmy aint that good of a cook lol but it is always funny to watch him get yelled at

I haven't seen this past episode yet, so unless it's a JimmieMac documentary, I find it hard to believe that you think you can judge his culinary skills by what has aired on the show. I mean, the only real cooking they showed of his was his signature dish, which was highly praised.

[quote name='freddo2197']iv been watching hells kitchen and i must say that jimmy aint that good of a cook lol but it is always funny to watch him get yelled at[/QUOTE]

Retard.

It's kinda funny to see all these assholes come out of the woodworks now that Jim is off the show. Same thing happened before the show premiered too, yet they were all quiet when he was having a good run and it was obvious that he could cook.

Jealousy is quite the ugly sight to behold.

awww fuck fuck fuck fuck andy. Jim was my favorite on the show just because he was hilarious. "The girls look good.......kinda." lol man im pissed he's off. at least i like the other boring guy with long hair and i can tolerate the baldy.

I think the producers were gunning for a surprise twist to elimination and Jim's low-key approach was pretty much an enormous bulls-eye given the room was otherwise full of drama queen fuck ups, and general assholery.

I believe if the prize is at all real that they've got to have a short list of contestants whom Ramsay and whoever is fronting the capital for the restaurant feel are fit to run the joint and the rest are just there for entertainment purposes shits and giggles.

i am just hopeing that whoopie goldberg wanna be does not win. she is a arogent pompus disrespectfull ass in my opinion. hate to say it but robert truely is the best there. lets be real here you put a 500 pound man on a bike and make him ride up hill what the hell did you think was going to happen

Jimmy sorry to see you off the show. I eat like a chipmunk and could care less about food... but it was fun to see a fellow CAG and someone I played Halo with on national TV. I watched all the episodes you were in, but now I'll be politely ignoring it like I have the other 5 seasons. I hope you had fun and didnt take anything personal buddy. Also, Great Sig dish.

[quote name='Walt Jay'] It's total BS that Robert showed up a couple episodes in and then left this season for health reasons and is still on the show. Why is he getting all these chances?[/QUOTE]

Because Americans can relate to his fat ass. Personally I think if you can't bike up a small grade without a trip to the ER as a result of your morbid obesity someone should just put a bullet in your ass. That fucker needs an intervention.... or at the very least a lapband.

It is amazing that Jim wasn't the biggest asshole on the show. He should have left Jim at home and brought JimmieMac to the competition then he would have won for sure.

[quote name='spoo']It is amazing that Jim wasn't the biggest asshole on the show. He should have left Jim at home and brought JimmieMac to the competition then he would have won for sure.[/QUOTE]

haha so true.

Entertainment Weekly Recap:
Entrée #2: You can’t be introverted on reality TV. I like Jim precisely because he doesn’t conform to the requirements of reality television, which mandate loud and obnoxious personalities. But Jim just calmly does his thing and occasionally provides a witty remark. Case in point: Ramsay told Jim that his risotto tasted like baby food. Jim’s response: “Baby food tastes gooooood.” Although, I must give credit to Ramsay for supplying the night’s sharpest line, which was also about Jim’s risotto: “It’s bland! It’s an insult to a f—ing grain of rice.”
Post-dinner indigestion: Not Jim! Ramsay told Jim, “I can teach a chef how to cook, but I can’t give you a heart.” How can he single out Jim for lacking passion when Dave — who makes Keanu Reeves look like Ty Pennington — is still in the room? So Jim messed up his risotto a few times. Big whoop. He didn’t serve dangerously undercooked meat like Sabrina. He didn’t curse out the show’s host like Tennille. And he didn’t appear to be reading from a teleprompter like Dave (this is a detail I would have never caught before the advent of HDTV). So, hold your head high, Jim. The reality TV world is not for you, which simply means you’re a decent guy.
The commenters there seemed to agree with the author, for the most part.

Television Without Pity recap:
Jim has some kind of pig-in-a-prom-dress metaphor he'd like to share with us, which I think means he doesn't like the looks of some of the women. Noted.
Other than that, the recap is pretty standard fare, and probably not worth reading if you saw the episode. Interesting note: there are multiple people in the site's forums calling Jim "eye candy."

Interview with RealityWanted:
Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You started out the season so strong. Both Rock and I liked you very much and spoke highly of you in our articles. What happened over the last few weeks that led to your downfall on Hell’s Kitchen?
A. Jim: I think I was perceived as unintense. I wasn’t there to play a game. I’m aware of the show, I knew what it was about but I just kept my head down and tried to cook well. I never talked bad about anyone or threw anybody under the bus.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You had so many funny one liners in your interviews. You definitely teased other contestants but it never seemed mean spirited.
A. Jim: No, it was never malicious or mean spirited. I did well in the interviews. You need to have some light heartedness.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What made you want to try out for Hell’s Kitchen, as opposed to other reality cooking competitions?
A. Jim: I’ve always been a big admirer and had respect for Gordon Ramsay. Around season 2 is when I started to seriously consider it. People were always saying, “You should do this,” so I went to an open casting call in Boston and took it from there.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: The chefs on Hell’s Kitchen have varying opinions when it comes to Chef Ramsay. What’s your take on him, after working so closely with him?
A. Jim: He is who he is. He’s intense. He’s an icon. That’s the show and that’s what it’s about. All of the hard times that he gives you are only to make you better.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: You didn’t seem to get too thrown off when he would scream in your face. How did you handle it?
A. Jim: I’ve always been pretty calm. You can’t get too flustered. Going in, I said to myself, “He’s not breaking me.” I just remained calm and tried to listen to what he’s saying.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Which chefs impressed you this season?
A. Jim: It feels weird saying it but Andy really is good. He’s the owner of his own restaurant, Tremont 647 in Boston, and we go there every week to watch the show. He’s a barbecue champion and he’s written two books.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Your elimination was pretty surprising last night, especially since you weren’t even nominated. How shocked were you?
A. Jim: I don’t know… I felt this weird electricity in the room. He was on me the whole day about little things. I was like, “I’m in a funk and he’s really riding me.” My team never put me up and I never got a chance to defend myself. They tell you before eliminations, though, that it could be anyone and you’ve seen this type of thing happen before in past seasons.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What are your plans for the future?
A. Jim: I’m gonna keep cooking. I don’t know what’s gonna happen. I didn’t have a motive for doing the show. I just wanted to try to do as well as possible.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Tek told us that the two of you are in a relationship and may be opening a restaurant together. Can you confirm those plans?
A. Jim: Yeah, that’s true. We’re in a relationship but it really doesn’t have anything to do with the show. Opening a restaurant together is always a possibility but realistically, it’s not gonna happen tomorrow. In this economy, even successful restaurants are struggling. It’s not a good time.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Where are you cooking now?
A. Jim: I’d really rather not say because I’m putting in my notice. The place I’m at hasn’t really been fair to me through this whole process. Now that it’s over, I can move on but I’ve been trying to keep their name out of my mouth.
Well, I guess somebody likes Andy. The Andy we got on the show sure as hell isn't very appealing.

Lawls @ all the comments in that thread about how Jim is "eye candy." He's definitely a decent-looking guy, but I just find it amusing. Maybe they liked his nice, quiet guy image on the show? It kind of made him seem like the guy next door, not the frank bastard we all know and love.

[quote name='seanr1221']DoK, are you jealous of Tek and the sweet, sweet love Jim gets to make to her?[/QUOTE]
Apparently Jim and Tek will tag team her.

[quote name='darthbudge']Which one of Jim's personas would you rather do Jim from Hell's Kitchen or JimmieMac on CAG, DoK?[/QUOTE]

If I were single, JimmieMac on CAG, no question. Jim is too straight-laced, even with his jerk commentary.

I'm not jealous of Tek; I've got my fiance to make sweet, sweet love to me. ;) Honestly, I've never thought of JimmieMac romantically, but I just greatly admire his personality and shenanigans. My fiance knows this and he really enjoys his shenanigans as well.

Look at this risotto. It's boring. Stop eating boring risotto.

Sorry you got cut Jim. Ramsey had it out for you. At least you went out with some class which says a lot compared to most reality show contestants.

Wow. I have to say, fucking wow. Just finished this episode on Hulu

I can't believe you can curse in Gordon's face, and foam at the mouth and repeatedly screw up everything you do (Tennille) but Jim, the guy who screws up a couple of risottos, is kicked off.

I guess having spit fly all over Gordon must make him really excited, thats the only logical explanation

good job Jim. :D (please share stories on a Podcast after teh show is done)

Wish ya could stayed on the show longer. Ramsay seemed to have it out for you.

Gotta say good job, Jim! Though there's at least 3 or 4 people who should have gone first. Ah well, still, it was awesome you made it as far as you did!

I could tell it was coming for several episodes. All of Jim's blank looks that were edited in after Ramsey yelled at him and the whole risotto thing: "*whine*too peppery, *whine* Too bland!". But I knew it as soon as Ramsey started talking about passion at the cutting block. As everyone else has said, he said he wanted heart and passion but what he meant was that the network wanted yelling and screaming.

I guess his witty remarks just weren't enough.

I like Ariel but I don't think she's enough to overcome the pure annoyance of Robert, Tennille and Van. I guess it's back to Food Network then.

Just finished watching this week's episode. What a crock of shit.

Well, that's reality television for ya. A cooking show based off of personality rather than cooking. Yay.

Jim, you did a helluva good job, sir. I hope you're not too disappointed with the end result, since we all can see that it's nothing more than a personality contest. You kept your cool, you seemed to be the most consistant of anyone left on the show.

However, maybe you could've got some bonus reality TV points by walking into the dining room and punching Tom Green right in his fucking annoying mouth.

Would've scored points with me, at least.

Eh, whether I keep watching is another dilemma. However, that Sabrina chick is pretty hot...

It depends. Having watched a stupid amount of Ramsay's other shows (off of Fox and BBC America) one thing that does underlie a large number of episodes is that whole passion for cooking. He's certainly reamed a fair number of chefs across Kitchen Nightmares and The F Word over such things. Then again, it's all reality TV so how useful is that for a real life comparison?

Sorry to see Jim go, really. He was quite entertaining to watch! And the best part was that he was never a dick throughout or at the end, unlike a ridiculous number of past contestants who were shown the door!

I've been catching up 3 seasons on hulu, finally hit the current season and I realized that this thread existed about our own CAG on HK. Still early in the season, need to catch up and avoid spoilers.

He had the worst private confessional one-liners. ie: "I like baby food."

Got his face out there and remains employable, more than I can say for a quarter there. Producers wanted him targeted since he didn't react to Ramsey's shouting which doesn't make good "reality" TV.

How does cursing your head chef make you passionate for cooking? How does shaking around a pan tray MAKE YOU fuckING PASSIONATE?

I've watched this show for about 3 seasons now, and i'll still watch but it'll feel a little more empty and i have less respect for Gordon now. Hopefully Tennille gets the hell out in an episode or two

Didn't Jimmy fuck up risotto for 90 minutes?

I'm not saying I could do a better job, but you tend to get fired if you can't do your job for 90 minutes straight.

I think Jimmy should just punched Ramsey in the face. That woulda shown passion, maybe got him back on. Better yet do it without saying anything, just walk up and "BAM". Thats some quiet dignity for ya.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Didn't Jimmy fuck up risotto for 90 minutes?

I'm not saying I could do a better job, but you tend to get fired if you can't do your job for 90 minutes straight.[/QUOTE]

Raw pork, dude.

I also think that "I ain't no bitch" dude seemed to be pretty passionate. Although I suspect his passion for popped collars, heineken, and lip gloss outshines his passion for food.

[quote name='mykevermin']Raw pork, dude.

I also think that "I ain't no bitch" dude seemed to be pretty passionate. Although I suspect his passion for popped collars, heineken, and lip gloss outshines his passion for food.[/QUOTE]

According to the heavily edited show, no appetizers left the blue kitchen for 90 minutes.

Let's pretend this was a Wendy's, Applebee's or Fifth Quarter instead of Hell's Kitchen. Would the cook keep his or her job if said cook produced no usable food for 90 minutes?

Should just send the plates to the "customers" and then bag on the competing chefs' asses if they get a complaint. ie: When Ramsey let raw pork go through.

Much like when I started the show I had no real idea what goes on, but I also had no idea there were as many people as there are that believe that everything they see is real. That's almost as mind blowing as how the whole show gets put together.

It's TV kids, you're putting on a show. Some times things go your way, other times they don't.

Jimmie - How mind blowing is the amount of editing that goes on? And was pedaling Robert's fat ass up that hill the worst moment of your life?

The editing isn't that bad. As for me, I think it's all pretty spot on. BUT, for people to believe that no risotto went out for 90 minutes when it takes 4 minutes to cook, that's just nuts to me.

I enjoyed it all. Sure it sucks when you're there but there will be so much more that comes from this, and although it sucks not being on the show every week now when I watch it I think I got taken out pretty clean. No real fuck ups to speak of, no being petty, throwing people under the bus. Nothing that's going to follow me in a negative way for the rest of my days.

I've been watching hell's kitchen on and off for awhile now but wow that was some really BS right there. How do you curse, shout and continue to yell at your boss and still get to stay on the show?
Also it seemed like Ramsey has been favoring the girls team this season, what is it twice now that they didn't get to send anyone home at elimination?

Jim got sent home too early, Andy has been constantly making mistakes this season, and he doesn't get the boot. Robert came back and has also fucked up a several times, then throws a tantrum when someone brought it up, even though he was yelling at Andy for mistakes.....

I'll probably go back to watching it on and off again instead of every week, because that was one of the worst decisions I've seen made on that show.

[quote name='JimmieMac']They gotta move the story along, nobody wants to keep tuning in to see quiet people getting along and cooking well.[/QUOTE]

NEXT WEEK ON HELL'S KITCHEN:

Kevin: "hey, dude, can you grab me some ramekins?"
Van: "sure."

Ramsay: "Andy, give me an all day."
Andy: "Two salmon, one scallop, three halibut, and a walleye on the fly."
Ramsay: "..."

Jean-Phillippe: "Chef, I need to talk to you."
Ramsay: "Cor fuck Blimey Donkey Twat, what is it now?"
JP: "The customers at table 27 truly enjoyed their king prawns."

ALL THAT AND MORE ON NEXT WEEK'S SHOCKING CONTINUATION...

I'm convinced that the people eliminated in the first few episodes were plants put there for dramatic effect. I'd rather see a real show than a reality show. Good job Jim, you had class and kept a clear head.

[quote name='JimmieMac']They gotta move the story along, nobody wants to keep tuning in to see quiet people getting along and cooking well.[/QUOTE]

Out of all the cooking reality shows i've watched Hell's Kitchen is based way more on the drama than any other. Should have auditioned for a Food Network or Bravo reality show. FOX is like the Jerry Springer of reality shows.

JimmieMac: How far ahead is the taping of the show from the air date? Just curious cause im assuming your boy Andy will be voted off soon, although im sure you cant say much cause your bound by a NDA.

And seriously, as far as Robert, what kind of expectations does that guy have of winning? Two serious health incidents over 2 seasons cause of his weight, even if he won he'd be too much of a liability to hire in a kitchen.

I mean i could see Ramsay giving him another chance if he got his health in line and came back this season after losing a significant amount of weight.. but cmon, hes expecting different results with the same set of conditions.

Just proves the show is about ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back