Hey FGT #11, Go home and sleep. You suck.

I'm not complaining about C. Viper getting in. I was complaining about people comparing her to CapCom when they only have two moves that barely resemble each other.

You don't see the resemblance? I thought C. Viper was basically supposed to be Angelina Jolie except with CapCom's moves. :lol:

I'm wondering if Sentinel (granted it will be in the game) if they go with the traditional design or if they base it off Bastion's new, quicker and more powerful form of Sentinel.

The game needs more Dr. Strange, though.

I think if C.Viper was given the MVC treatment she would play similar to C. Commando. Not a clone but a few things borrowed.

Gahhhh, one of my good friends was one match away from Top 8 at NCR......again!!

Last year's NCR he was one player away from Top 8.....problem was that player was LPN.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhrostByte']You don't see the resemblance? I thought C. Viper was basically supposed to be Angelina Jolie except with CapCom's moves. :lol:[/QUOTE]I don't see the resemblance at all. Two moves which, if you stretch it, look similar to each other, and all of a sudden people are screaming "OMG VIPER IS LIKE COMMANDO." It's asinine.

[quote name='asianxcore']Gahhhh, one of my good friends was one match away from Top 8 at NCR......again!!

Last year's NCR he was one player away from Top 8.....problem was that player was LPN.[/QUOTE]Damn, that stinks. Who was he using, and who kicked him out?

----------------------

I hope there's no mango color for Sentinel, and that he has no super armor. :nottalking:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I hope there's no mango color for Sentinel, and that he has no super armor. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

haters-gonna-hate-kid.jpg

Seems like Viper has all of CapCom's moves.. the ground-punch, the sliced bread fire kick thing, the Super Mario coin-retrieval jump attack, even the vagina-to-the-back-of-the-head-electric-attack.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
Damn, that stinks. Who was he using, and who kicked him out?
[/QUOTE]

It was Hoodaman. Using Honda against Warahk. Winner of that was automatically in Top 8. That matchup is ass for Honda (Guile that is), so Hoo switched to to his alternate, Adon. Went to the last round. Hoo is definitely the guardian of our local session establishment, Starbase Arcade.

My friend Doug I think might have cracked Top 12? He was the Fei/Guy player that knocked out Floe and eventually eliminated by Valle.

Both guys members of the crew I'm in....the amazing Team Galactic Donuts/Ramnation.

[quote name='asianxcore']Yayz....put down my pre-order at GS for the MVC3 Special Edition today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I pre-ordered two days ago. Can't wait!

[quote name='PhrostByte']Seems like Viper has all of CapCom's moves.. the ground-punch, the sliced bread fire kick thing, the Super Mario coin-retrieval jump attack, even the vagina-to-the-back-of-the-head-electric-attack.[/QUOTE]
ukRUT.gif

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah I pre-ordered two days ago. Can't wait![/QUOTE]
I hope Capcom takes a(nother) page from BlazBlue and lets you buy the characters individually. I couldn't give two shits about Shuma, but I'm really hoping Jill plays like she did in MvC2.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
I hope Capcom takes a(nother) page from BlazBlue and lets you buy the characters individually. I couldn't give two shits about Shuma, but I'm really hoping Jill plays like she did in MvC2.[/QUOTE]

Would be cool if they did that. Still to early to tell. They might do it Aksys like or they might do it the way they did with the Costume Packs.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Yeah I pre-ordered two days ago. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

Nice! It hit me as I left my classes today that the game is going to be out in 3 months. 1.5 months of which I am free from classes :)

I was trying to eat a seasoned beef, but when I bit into it it wasnt seasoned very well at all!!

it was also salty!!!

seriously beef! why u so salty?!?!?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Because MvC3 included the wrong lawyer. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]omg STFU u freakin hipster!!

seriously, Im sick of all these kids poppin up all of a sudden acting like theyve been down with the law forever when in reality theyre only on it now coz it's the cool thing to do at the moment and all their friends are doing it too...

Ima tell u straight man, I've BEEN a Judge Dredd fan since the 80s!! Im not like you who dresses as an 80s person for halloween as if u actually know wtf the 80s was. I AM the law, and you're just a criminal.

so seriously, all u ppl whining about how Judge Dredd isnt in the new MVC can go eat a dick, but not Judge Dredd's dick coz aint none of u deserve it!!

Are we sure that wasn't Ono making those decisions? Seems like a huge troll.

[quote name='JEKKI']omg STFU u freakin hipster!!

seriously, Im sick of all these kids poppin up all of a sudden acting like theyve been down with the law forever when in reality theyre only on it now coz it's the cool thing to do at the moment and all their friends are doing it too...

Ima tell u straight man, I've BEEN a Judge Dredd fan since the 80s!! Im not like you who dresses as an 80s person for halloween as if u actually know wtf the 80s was. I AM the law, and you're just a criminal.

so seriously, all u ppl whining about how Judge Dredd isnt in the new MVC can go eat a dick, but not Judge Dredd's dick coz aint none of u deserve it!![/QUOTE]

ff7qmark.gif

How dare you! I was born in the 80's, my good chum, so don't go calling me a kid unless you're ready to throw fists! I've been a fan of Phoenix since the beginning, and the fact that they decided to cut him in favor of someone like Shuma fucking GORATH is a grave injustice.

And who better to fight against injustice?

art-009.jpg

shutup beef! aint no true fan of Judge Dredd who doesnt kno how to punch a sucka!!

u wouldnt kno that tho coz you're a fake fan!! fake! F-A-K-E!

btw who the freek is Phoenix Wright?!?! I thought we were talking about Judge Dredd...

[quote name='JEKKI']shutup beef! aint no true fan of Judge Dredd who doesnt kno how to punch a sucka!![/QUOTE]
The Riddler: Hey Two-Face, teach me how to punch a guy!
Two-Face: Oh, it's dead simple my boy. Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert yourself.
[knocks guard out with one punch]
The Riddler: Ohhhh, that looks like fun! Lemme try, lemme try! Ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert your-
[hits guard with no effect and holds his hand in agony]
The Riddler: OW!

I can see them leaving the Surfer out (may be there later as DLC) because the rumor mill says the final boss is quite possibly Galactus and well, his foremost herald is the Silver Surfer. Who knows, though.

One fight........I won one fight out of almost twenty. I finally tried out Live Gold via the free preview weekend and I got humbled badly. Got paired up against people with several thousand BP when I HAD ZERO. This is why fighting games need *GOOD* solo player modes; because getting fed to the fuckING LIONS SUCKS ALL OF THE fuckING FUN OUT OF THE fuckING GAME.

[quote name='BlueSwim']One fight........I won one fight out of almost twenty. I finally tried out Live Gold via the free preview weekend and I got humbled badly. Got paired up against people with several thousand BP when I HAD ZERO. This is why fighting games need *GOOD* solo player modes; because getting fed to the fuckING LIONS SUCKS ALL OF THE fuckING FUN OUT OF THE fuckING GAME.[/QUOTE]

The best single player mode in the world can't save you from online play.

[quote name='BlueSwim']One fight........I won one fight out of almost twenty. I finally tried out Live Gold via the free preview weekend and I got humbled badly. Got paired up against people with several thousand BP when I HAD ZERO. This is why fighting games need *GOOD* solo player modes; because getting fed to the fuckING LIONS SUCKS ALL OF THE fuckING FUN OUT OF THE fuckING GAME.[/QUOTE]

So basically, you suck.

I hadnt played SSF4 online in months but played for a few hours the other day and won 90% of my matches just messing around.

[quote name='distgfx']The best single player mode in the world can't save you from online play.[/QUOTE]True. But a good solo mode can make you forget you're losing out on the big draw of the game.

[quote name='blitz6speed']So basically, you suck.

I hadnt played SSF4 online in months but played for a few hours the other day and won 90% of my matches just messing around.[/QUOTE]And how many online matches had you played before that "just messing" session? I'm betting well over a hundred.;););)

Offline and online are two different animals, I know that. But when you're literally just getting started and are being matched up with people who have 4,000+ BP, something just isn't right. I expected to lose a good portion of my fights due to "rookie mistakes", not because I was getting handed to high(er?) level players on a silver platter thanks to the game's matchmaker.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I expected to lose a good portion of my fights due to "rookie mistakes", not because I was getting handed to high(er?) level players on a silver platter thanks to the game's matchmaker.[/QUOTE]

Did you set the search filter to same skilled players?

[quote name='distgfx']Did you set the search filter to same skilled players?[/QUOTE]Yeah, and I was still getting paired with people in the thousands. It wasn't until I started creating my own fight room(pardon my butchering of the actual names) that I started seeing people in the +/-200BP range. I managed to beat a Ken who had about 100BP and the next several fights(which I lost) were good, fun fights that could have gone either way.

EDIT: Just won 4 in a row(in between more losses). I had to pry myself away to type this. I feel the hook sinking in. I understand.....I totally understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
whooo~!!! props to Marvel vs Capcom 3!!!

I was ready to shell out at least $30 tomorrow to go to Freestyle Session 13,

but for sum reason MVC3 sponsorship is getting everyone in for free before 2!!

and the whole time I was like wtf why is MVC3 on the flyer?!?!

so once again we bridge the gap between fighting games and dancing!!

[quote name='BlueSwim']EDIT: Just won 4 in a row(in between more losses). I had to pry myself away to type this. I feel the hook sinking in. I understand.....I totally understand.[/QUOTE]

Then you should totally fight me. Totally.

Yo.

What are some good combo/tutorial resources for more advanced SSF4 play?
I want to get better and learn combos, but the trials are generally useless and uninformative. I know I probably need to learn plinking and such... but I don't even know where to start or what the best way to learn is.

If it matters, characters I'm interested in getting better with: Cammy/Chun/Ken

Well, SRK is a good place to ask around -- but their forums are so shitty you won't be able to simply find a good guide post. All their combo guides are dated back to 2009 and most have not been edited. It's a very annoying place.

You can also watch videos of top players with those characters and note which combos they use etc... (Momochi is a great ken, Shizza is a great Chun, can't think of a cammy off the top of my head).

Basically, find a source where the links are written down and embed those into your muscle memory. Those are all great characters so you can't really go wrong picking one.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yo.

What are some good combo/tutorial resources for more advanced SSF4 play?
I want to get better and learn combos, but the trials are generally useless and uninformative. I know I probably need to learn plinking and such... but I don't even know where to start or what the best way to learn is.

If it matters, characters I'm interested in getting better with: Cammy/Chun/Ken[/QUOTE]

Gave up on MvC2 already?

Before you learn combos, learn how to punish and deal with basic things such as throws, crossovers, excessive jump-ins and how to properly move your character on the stage. Just make sure you are dealing damage at every opportunity you can and not exposing yourself to easy damage from the opponent.

Advanced combos and plinking are the last things you should learn.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Gave up on MvC2 already?

Before you learn combos, learn how to punish and deal with basic things such as throws, crossovers, excessive jump-ins and how to properly move your character on the stage. Just make sure you are dealing damage at every opportunity you can and not exposing yourself to easy damage from the opponent.

Advanced combos and plinking are the last things you should learn.[/QUOTE]

I'm still fucking around with MvC2, Jimbo. Strider/Capcom/random. I think I'm getting better with Strider.

I've been playing SF games since 1992. Especially as Ken. I've adopted Chun and Cammy recently and do okay with them, I'm decent at moving and blocking and punishing and the like... but in order to win against the people who are kicking my ass, I need to be able to to more than jump in and pull a small time combo like jumping roundhouse to crouch short x2 to crouch forward... or jump in > fierce SRK.

Because of linking, this shit is much harder than the old jump in roundhouse, crouch fierce, fierce hadoken that I could do in SFIITHDR...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm still fucking around with MvC2, Jimbo. Strider/Capcom/random. I think I'm getting better with Strider.

I've been playing SF games since 1992. Especially as Ken. I've adopted Chun and Cammy recently and do okay with them, I'm decent at moving and blocking and punishing and the like... but in order to win against the people who are kicking my ass, I need to be able to to more than jump in and pull a small time combo like jumping roundhouse to crouch short x2 to crouch forward... or jump in > fierce SRK.

Because of linking, this shit is much harder than the old jump in roundhouse, crouch fierce, fierce hadoken that I could do in SFIITHDR...[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I was under the impression that you were a total beginner. Just remember simplicity is key! Sorry I don't play any of those characters, but as long as you find reliable uses for your EX moves and a consistent way to land your ultra (via combo or otherwise) than you should be doing well... good luck.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Because of linking[/QUOTE]

You will soon learn to hate SSFIV's netcode more than you already do, enjoy.

Yeah, Sak's cr.hp link after tatsu either loses or wins me games online. It wins me games because people have no idea it's a true link, and it loses me games because I drop it half the time online and eat a DP > Ultra.

bread's done
Back