Hey FGT #11, Go home and sleep. You suck.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Yeah, CBK walloped me in winner's and loser's. Double Jeopardy was unavoidable in this case, sadly. I'm still on the fence on Seth. I was just kinda salty about losing to Gief (even though I like CBK).[/QUOTE]

You could also play Kado for some gief.

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm also always down to play Gief if you want to try out Seth shit online.[/QUOTE]Maybe I'll take you up on that offer.

[quote name='suko_32']You could also play Kado for some gief.[/QUOTE]
He never plays on PSN though. He's DEAD TO ME. :nottalking:

whooo~!!! it finally came out!!!

Picture-1-500x281.png

click here to watch!! --> http://vimeo.com/16374381

I have a 50% off Amazon promotional code for Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360 version only) for anyone in this thread who wants it. For those who aren't lucky enough to get my code, you might be able to find someone else who had pre-ordered Dead Rising 2 from Amazon who isn't going to use their code. They gave them out to those who pre-ordered it to replace the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits that never came.

EDIT: Sent to Jimbo.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I get TWO codes, can I get the game for 0 dollars? O_0

I've been all sorts of complainy about MVC3, but since amazon gave me the 50percentoff code and 20 dollars worth of credit, plus they're offering 10 dollars credit for pre-ordering MVC3, I can't really pass it up.

[quote name='Draekon']I have a 50% off Amazon promotional code for Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360 version only) for anyone in this thread who wants it. For those who aren't lucky enough to get my code, you might be able to find someone else who had pre-ordered Dead Rising 2 from Amazon who isn't going to use their code. They gave them out to those who pre-ordered it to replace the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits that never came.[/QUOTE]

I would be incredibly appreciative if you end up giving it to me.

Wish I knew someone who had a 50% off code. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a look out for it.

Anyone else getting KOF02 UM tomorrow? I totally forgot about this and sorta excited to see how much I still suck at fighters.

[quote name='Rodimus']Wish I knew someone who had a 50% off code. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a look out for it.[/QUOTE]

May be even harder to obtain now since Amazon may be offering $20 off on any game if you tell them you have no use for the 50% off code.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Korea appears to love Tekken. The arcade I went to had a dozen T6 machines and no SF4 machines.[/QUOTE]
yes-this-pleases-gaga.jpg

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Korea appears to love Tekken. The arcade I went to had a dozen T6 machines and no SF4 machines.[/QUOTE]

Tekken Crash is easy proof.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Tekken Crash is easy proof.[/QUOTE]
no SSF4 arcade version is more proof

in japan i hardly saw anyone play vanilla SF4

[quote name='kainzero']no SSF4 arcade version is more proof

in japan i hardly saw anyone play vanilla SF4[/QUOTE]

does anyone in the sates even play vanilla much anymore?

[quote name='kainzero']no SSF4 arcade version is more proof

in japan i hardly saw anyone play vanilla SF4[/QUOTE]

What were people playing in the arcades? Last time I was their a year ago Tekken 6 seemed to be the most popular. There was also a mech combat game (much like Armored Core/Virtual On) that was getting a lot of attention.

GG"s to Beef tonight.

See my point about the Gief/Seth matchup? If you play Gief smart enough and make use of his normals, you can destroy Seth.

Lariat should only come out like 2 times in that match or less. Mostly to catch badly timed j.fp. Also too many Gief's walk Seth right up to the corner. It's good just to walk him there and the give him space, but give you room to punish anything he might do.

[quote name='Rodimus']Wish I knew someone who had a 50% off code. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a look out for it.

Anyone else getting KOF02 UM tomorrow? I totally forgot about this and sorta excited to see how much I still suck at fighters.[/QUOTE]

If you read my posts earlier I told you I got it. It was released a lot earlier then expected and wasn't a official release... days before it was supposed to be out.

BTW it still disconnects you from Live while you play it. Whoops.

Edit: Looks like it no longer disconnects you. I guess when games get released early before they are supposed to 1pm eastern looks to be the time they are playable online again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodimus']What were people playing in the arcades? Last time I was their a year ago Tekken 6 seemed to be the most popular. There was also a mech combat game (much like Armored Core/Virtual On) that was getting a lot of attention.[/QUOTE]
actually on the FG side, not much. i played mostly tekken because it seemed like that was what most people were playing, and when i was in tokyo i didn't check out any arcades outside akiba.
it also depends on the arcade. at this one arcade (i think it was "try," i forgot who runs it) there were a ton of gundam vs. players. which, btw, is an awesome game but only if you play 2v2 with real players.

when i last year they were playing that border break game, which i heard requires a lot of communication with teammates to succeed. if i played i would just make everyone mad, haha.

[quote name='asianxcore']GG"s to Beef tonight.

See my point about the Gief/Seth matchup? If you play Gief smart enough and make use of his normals, you can destroy Seth.

Lariat should only come out like 2 times in that match or less. Mostly to catch badly timed j.fp. Also too many Gief's walk Seth right up to the corner. It's good just to walk him there and the give him space, but give you room to punish anything he might do.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was brutal. GGs.

I switched to Sagat because I'm kinda interested in learning to use him, but I have no idea what his BnB shit is, so I was just guessing the entire time.

[quote name='kainzero']when i last year they were playing that border break game, which i heard requires a lot of communication with teammates to succeed. if i played i would just make everyone mad, haha.[/QUOTE]

Border Break sounds familiar. I think that's the game I saw a big crowd around.

Anyone else getting KOF02 UM? Am I the only one?

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Yeah, that was brutal. GGs.

I switched to Sagat because I'm kinda interested in learning to use him, but I have no idea what his BnB shit is, so I was just guessing the entire time.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

I thought you picked Sagat because he's favored in the Gief matchup :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Interesting.

I thought you picked Sagat because he's favored in the Gief matchup :)[/QUOTE]
Are you serious? :rofl:

For all you SoCal folks,

Are there any good import game shops around Los Angeles? Hyper Game any good, or is there a better place?

Going to SCR from Friday-Sunday with a couple of friends and I wanted to try and nab a copy of KOF 2002 UM Tougeki while I was down there.

[quote name='asianxcore']For all you SoCal folks,

Are there any good import game shops around Los Angeles? Hyper Game any good, or is there a better place?

Going to SCR from Friday-Sunday with a couple of friends and I wanted to try and nab a copy of KOF 2002 UM Tougeki while I was down there.[/QUOTE]
Hyper Game is pretty expensive.

There's also http://www.japanvideogames.com/

A group of stores called Game Play also sell new and used import games, but selection varies. Search for them on Yelp.

For these kinds of stores, always call ahead and if they have stock have them hold a copy for you.

[quote name='B:L']Hyper Game is pretty expensive.

A group of stores called Game Play also sell new and used import games, but selection varies. Search for them on Yelp.

For these kinds of stores, always call ahead and if they have stock have them hold a copy for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks the heads up B:L! My plans for SCR got a little jumbled, so if I still end up going I'll keep this in mind.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Are you serious? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yup. If I'm not mistaken that matchup is 6-4 Sagat.

[quote name='B:L']Hyper Game is pretty expensive.

For these kinds of stores, always call ahead and if they have stock have them hold a copy for you.[/QUOTE]aye! I live rite by JVG!! theyre awesome! they get imports in like the day of release in japan so I was the first kid on the block rockin Bayonetta and Mushihime Sama!!

hit me up if u go. fukk fighting games, Ill take u to ramen and the bboying club saturday nite!

[quote name='JEKKI']aye! I live rite by JVG!! theyre awesome! they get imports in like the day of release in japan so I was the first kid on the block rockin Bayonetta and Mushihime Sama!!

hit me up if u go. fukk fighting games, Ill take u to ramen and the bboying club saturday nite![/QUOTE]

Looks like we aren't going to SCR after all. Our place to say fell through. Don't feel like getting a hotel room.

Oh well. There is always NCR at this month as well.

I haven't tried in a few days but KOF02 UM is dead online. I only got 5 matches in before I said fuck it. All 5 times I got my ass handed to me bad, so that left me discouraged. The matches I did get in were a little laggy. Anyways I did all the single player achievements instead. It's still a solid fighter, but online is a chore.

I wish they would've added the 94' Sports Team, Krauser, & Mr. Big. Maybe a few characters from other SNK fighters like SvC Chaos and NGBC just to make the roster even more of a beast. Adding in SamSho characters already done in this KOF style like Genjuro, & Earthquake would have been a treat.

I played with my friend across town didn't really have any lag though he said he had some on his side. It's still the best KOF yet lag wise, but finding a match takes a bit too long for my liking (20 seconds to just search, really?) SFIV and Blazblue make me spoiled net lag wise - nothing compares to those anymore.

Anyways gotta finish Fallout New Vegas achievements before Black Ops is out.

[quote name='asianxcore']Thanks for the links.

Going to be watching as much of the stream as I can.[/QUOTE]
Man, I showed up a little bit after 9am and Valle denied my sign ups for Tekken Ball, then later when the tournament started he let in two replacements who were not me. :bomb:

[quote name='B:L']Man, I showed up a little bit after 9am and Valle denied my sign ups for Tekken Ball, then later when the tournament started he let in two replacements who were not me. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

What a dick, I will curse his name forever, just for you.

[quote name='B:L']Nah that's okay, I tutored one of the replacements and he kicked Valle's ass at Tekken Ball, knocking him out of the tournament. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Good job.

RespectKnuckles.gif

Might be old but I've never seen it before. It's exactly what I expected... Tekken 6 with tagging, not necessarily a bad thing.

bread's done
Back